daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 25th, 2009, 05:21 AM   #7981
RKOwens

Likes (Received): 0

I don't know how many of you caught the Ground Zero segment on MSNBC today, but basically it was the same old stuff... Ken Gardner saying how the current construction could be incorporated into his design by reinforcing it and such ()... Nothing really to talk about here.
RKOwens no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2009, 05:45 AM   #7982
Onn
BANNED

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKOwens View Post
I don't know how many of you caught the Ground Zero segment on MSNBC today, but basically it was the same old stuff... Ken Gardner saying how the current construction could be incorporated into his design by reinforcing it and such ()... Nothing really to talk about here.
The first time I saw that I swore it was from The Onion. The guy is such a used car salesman. "It's like comparing a 1969 Mustang to a 2009 Mustang..."
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 07:34 AM   #7983
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShieldCastle View Post
Point being? Okay, so Silver does not own 1WTC. He stil owns all the other buildings, and the problem is the delay, every day a huge fine is added to Silver. Because Port A, can't start the work on the Subway hub, because Silver is not ready yet. And Port A, is thinking about stepping in, and taking over the whole project. So it doesn't get more delayed.. And we are in a global financial-crisis and the project is already 3 billon over budget, don't tell me that doesn't scare the new investors.
And the reason Silverstein hasn't started on Tower 2 and just started on Tower 3 foundations is because the Port Authority is taking forever to clear the sites. You have things completely switched around.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 11:12 AM   #7984
ShieldCastle

Likes (Received): 20

Do I really have to post the article again? Look at the article that I posted, there it says that Silver is caught in the financial-crisis, and he want's help from Port A, to take over some of the assignments. Why would the Wall Street Journal write this if it wasn't what was going on? And look at the Burj Dubai 5 years and you have a 818 meter high skyscraper. With the WTC it is 3 years and only the basement levels and the north core has just begun rising.
ShieldCastle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #7985
Labi 206
You're Welcome

dude, they might not build this at all.
Labi 206 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 07:07 PM   #7986
meh_cd

Quote:
Do I really have to post the article again? Look at the article that I posted, there it says that Silver is caught in the financial-crisis, and he want's help from Port A, to take over some of the assignments. Why would the Wall Street Journal write this if it wasn't what was going on? And look at the Burj Dubai 5 years and you have a 818 meter high skyscraper. With the WTC it is 3 years and only the basement levels and the north core has just begun rising.
It's pretty obvious you don't understand the complexities of the site so please just continue to ramble on. I know what the article says and I also know that it is the Port Authority holding up sites 2 and 3 at the moment. If you want to argue with the facts then be my guest.

And lol at the Burj Dubai. Don't even get me started on Dubai.

And to top all of this off, Silverstein is not building this tower. He's asking for some kind of assistance with 2, 3, or 4.

Last edited by meh_cd; March 25th, 2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old March 25th, 2009, 07:59 PM   #7987
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labi 206 View Post
dude, they might not build this at all.
They might not building what, cuz there already building tower 1. Late me guest your didn't care enough to read what was on the page before this one.
I mean there are pictures if you don't believe me lol.
Old March 25th, 2009, 11:20 PM   #7988
Labi 206
You're Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
They might not building what, cuz there already building tower 1. Late me guest your didn't care enough to read what was on the page before this one.
I mean there are pictures if you don't believe me lol.
well this is why i made that early comment. watch this, it explains. although i dont get this black dudes hair. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=54664711
Labi 206 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 11:49 PM   #7989
meh_cd

Quote:
well this is why i made that early comment. watch this, it explains. although i dont get this black dudes hair. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=54664711
One problem: David Shuster is an idiot who misleads his viewers and Ken Gardner's plan is awful. Shuster has been harping on this for YEARS.

The Freedom Tower is already funded. Where is Gardner going to get his money? Pull it out of thin air?

And where do they get off saying the public hates the Freedom Tower? They might hate the name, but I doubt they hate the tower itself. Shuster and Gardner are just part of a small, very vocal group of people that want the towers rebuilt. Look up the Twin Towers Alliance or search the forums (or any NY Times article on the WTC project) for a guy named TalB.
Old March 26th, 2009, 02:36 AM   #7990
NewYorker2009

Likes (Received): 132

Hey everyone I've been reading all your updates on certain construction projects including the Freedom Tower. I live in Brooklyn, New York and I have to say I miss the Twin Towers everyday and I felt it was best to rebuild them but since Freedom Tower is rising I guess it is impossible now. I have seen Ken Gardner's plan and I have to say I would make changes to it if it were to ever get built. I favor the current deisgn over Gardner's plan. I hope Larry Silverstein and the Port Authority will work this out with the funding issues. I hope the Beekman Tower doesn't top off at floor 38 but as far as I heard the construction is proceeding so we'll see what happens. Keep up the good work with the updates.
NewYorker2009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 02:42 AM   #7991
ShieldCastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
I know what the article says and I also know that it is the Port Authority holding up sites 2 and 3 at the moment. If you want to argue with the facts then be my guest.

And to top all of this off, Silverstein is not building this tower. He's asking for some kind of assistance with 2, 3, or 4.
What the fuzzle! Are you living in a box? Why are you telling me what I already know, and has been saying for the last couple of pages?!

And if you bothered, you could read that a lot of other writers has the same opinion to the "Problem with the delay and cost of the project".

And why should I not get you started on Burj, you obviously could teach us all a thing or two?!

As you quoted, SILVER NEEDS HELP, THAT WAS MY POINT! AND IN MY OPINION THAT IS A BAD THING TO BEG FOR HELP! So let's stay to what we know, shall we? ...

Last edited by ShieldCastle; March 26th, 2009 at 02:51 AM.
Old March 26th, 2009, 03:18 AM   #7992
meh_cd

Quote:
What the fuzzle! Are you living in a box? Why are you telling me what I already know, and has been saying for the last couple of pages?!

And if you bothered, you could read that a lot of other writers has the same opinion to the "Problem with the delay and cost of the project".

And why should I not get you started on Burj, you obviously could teach us all a thing or two?!

As you quoted, SILVER NEEDS HELP, THAT WAS MY POINT! AND IN MY OPINION THAT IS A BAD THING TO BEG FOR HELP! So let's stay to what we know, shall we? ...
Jesus Christ, my point is that your link isn't pertinent to this thread because SILVERSTEIN ISN'T BUILDING TOWER ONE. Take a look at the name of the thread. That's right, 1 WTC (Freedom Tower). If you want to complain about Silverstein lacking funds then take it to the threads for Towers 2, 3, and 4.

By all means, show me some articles that say the memorial and Tower One have funding problems. I'll be waiting. You keep talking about funding problems in an article that had nothing to do with 1 WTC or the memorial.
Old March 26th, 2009, 03:39 AM   #7993
ShieldCastle

Quote:
... because SILVERSTEIN ISN'T BUILDING TOWER ONE. Take a look at the name of the thread. That's right, 1 WTC (Freedom Tower). If you want to complain about Silverstein lacking funds then take it to the threads for Towers 2, 3, and 4.

By all means, show me some articles that say the memorial and Tower One have funding problems. I'll be waiting.
IT'S a COMPLEX! AND SILVER IS DEVELOPING THE BUILDING WITH PORT!(He doesn't own the tower), So don't tell me, if there is a problem with one the developers, it doesn't involve the others!

IF SILVER HAS FINANCIAL problems and is slowing down the process even further PORT is then thinking about taking more control of the development of the complex.
Old March 26th, 2009, 04:12 AM   #7994
Basincreek
Contrary Lite

Likes (Received): 55

Silverstein was always going to need help to build his buildings in the complex. Normally banks would have been the ones to help but since they all went and stupidly committed suicide with Credit Default Swaps the help will have to come from elsewhere. There is nothing really weird about that.

However that is irrelevant to this building. This building is already funded and well underway. Over 80% of the contracts have already been awarded and over 60% of the structural steel has been rolled, pressed and sits waiting to be used in warehouses. There is no danger of this building not going skyward.
Basincreek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 04:27 AM   #7995
meh_cd

Quote:
IT'S a COMPLEX! AND SILVER IS DEVELOPING THE BUILDING WITH PORT!(He doesn't own the tower), So don't tell me, if there is a problem with one the developers, it doesn't involve the others!

IF SILVER HAS FINANCIAL problems and is slowing down the process even further PORT is then thinking about taking more control of the development of the complex.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Old March 26th, 2009, 05:35 AM   #7996
TheShark

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
I totally agree with you on that. I dont really understand why 1WTC would be slowed down by financial problems on towers 2-3-4...

So, as it doesnt concern the Freedom Tower, I suggest this argument stops here
TheShark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 08:29 AM   #7997
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

The design for towers 2,3 and 4 came out after the FT groundbreaking started. This buildings been funded since 2004. These aren't like some of the other projects around the city. Wasn't the first world trade center funded by the government, then why shouldn't this one be.

Theres no shame in sliverstein needing help. Lets give him the 100 billion that was giving to AIG. He can building this and the hudson yard.
Old March 26th, 2009, 09:48 AM   #7998
dachacon

Likes (Received): 164

sorry to derail this lovely discussion but i find it hilarious that every person on this page has the original WTC as there avatar.
dachacon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #7999
ShieldCastle

Quote:
Of cause not, I'm just swimming in the sea of wrong, and you are just floating by in your boat of right.
Old March 26th, 2009, 02:56 PM   #8000
Corporate.slave
Mister

Likes (Received): 2

I'd like the old twins rebuilt.

Quote:
Lol he's an architect. He can have any haircut he want.
hoo di hoo di yip hoo di yip hoo
Corporate.slave no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center