daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 10th, 2009, 08:26 AM   #8221
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus555 View Post
It has been months since I last looked at a picture of the construction site here... and nothing's changed! Babies grow more than this has in the same space of time!
go away noob
webeagle12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2009, 09:56 AM   #8222
Zollern

Likes (Received): 15

What lucky project will be the target of the negative posters when 1WTC/Freedom Tower begins to rise quickly?
Zollern no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 11:22 AM   #8223
Pablitisimo Maximo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 35

The process is so slow...
Pablitisimo Maximo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #8224
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

Someone call the CDC; stupid is contagious.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #8225
Betelgeuze

Likes (Received): 16

Progress is slow, thats not an opinion thats a fact. Theres no point in being rude for someone telling what he sees.

Yes they are making progress, yes they are doing a lot of work, and yes its very complicated... but that still doesn't change the fact that progress on the tower is going slow, you dont have to be an expert to see its not growing.
Betelgeuze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #8226
Nomadd22

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensteeldude View Post
Thanks for the pics jwalas. All that re-bar swaying in the wind is actually quite beautyful. (was over there monday)
Just had a picture in my head of Zen writing poetry for his girlfriend, and getting some very strange looks.
Nomadd22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 03:36 PM   #8227
Athinaios
3D geo-modeler

Likes (Received): 136

For those who complain about the speed progress:

WTC1:

WTC site:

Do you still claim there's no progress?

One World Trade Center in Google Earth
Athinaios no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 04:26 PM   #8228
paaulo

Likes (Received): 15

how many brikers are working on this construction? i think it is just 5!

too slow!
paaulo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #8229
poiman

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athinaios View Post
For those who complain about the speed progress:

WTC1:

WTC site:

the freedom tower almost had no progress durring the last 6 months...
poiman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 05:35 PM   #8230
adam-albany

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuze View Post
Progress is slow, thats not an opinion thats a fact. Theres no point in being rude for someone telling what he sees.
What's rude is making the same unconstructive comment a hundred other people have made in the couple hundred pages of this thread. The most time-consuming parts of the project are often not the most visually-impressive parts. Even with that being said, months ago construction of the first memorial pool had just barely begun, and the foundation work for the Freedom Tower was several stories below ground level. Now the Freedom Tower is over 100 feet high, and the foundation work is only one floor away from ground level -- despite being built over a continuously operating subway line that creates vibrations which greatly slow down progress.
adam-albany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #8231
Onn
BANNED

Likes (Received): 173

Construction has been going rather slow, Freedom’s been at about the same stage for a month and a half now. The memorial, on the other hand, has been flying along from day one. But it's disappointing, there still is not much to show on the WTC site. Tower 4 is coming along, but I’m guessing it won't be above ground until next year...I assume Freedom Tower will go faster once it gets above ground. I understand there is a lot of work that has to be done underground.
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 05:51 PM   #8232
Betelgeuze

Quote:
No one claims theres no progress and the only people complaining are those who say "stop saying theres no progress". If people didn't have a reason to think its going slow they wouldn't say it all the time. So are you saying all those people ar blind and lying?

Also this is a topic about the Freedom Tower, not the subway, memorial pool or any other tower, and as someone already mentioned the Freedom Tower almost hasen't grow in 6 months and that's a fact you can't deny. Is it so strange that people say its going slow? Or do you claim its going fast? lol!

I understand why things are going slow and I understand it's frustrating to see people say that all the time but for me this fanboyism is getting even more frustrating all the time.
If this scraper was being build in Dubai for example, all you people would claim its going slow, he'll I would even expect some people to claim it's on hold...
Old April 10th, 2009, 06:08 PM   #8233
philvia

Likes (Received): 33

you guys are the reason people hate visiting this thread. cant go 2 days without some dumbass troll about how slow this is and sparking up a huge argument. normally i wouldn't call you a dumbass just because you think its slow, but you compared this to the construction speed in Dubai. go lurk some more.
philvia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #8234
Onn
BANNED

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by philvia View Post
you guys are the reason people hate visiting this thread. cant go 2 days without some dumbass troll about how slow this is and sparking up a huge argument. normally i wouldn't call you a dumbass just because you think its slow, but you compared this to the construction speed in Dubai. go lurk some more.
If you want people to stop making these kinds of comments (which have not come up every two days, it's been months since the last flair up) write a letter to the Port Authority asking them why we haven's seen that much progress, or to release pictures of what they've been doing, the last few months. You're from NYC. People want to see progress. I'm sure there has been progress underground, but we haven't seen or heard anything that shows what they've accomplished. Perhaps for security reasons, who knows. You could find that out. The Port Authority should really release a list of what they're doing week to week, with a project like this, to assure everyone that work is getting done.
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 06:57 PM   #8235
Betelgeuze

Quote:
Originally Posted by philvia View Post
I'm not comparing it with Dubai and the fact that you think I'm doing that shows you are not even trying to understand what people are saying. That’s what I call fanboyism and this makes the whole discussion pointless.
And to be clear, I don’t really care that much about Dubai scrapers, I’m just trying to make a point, but you are too protective about anything NYC related to even see that.

Calling me a dumbass is not going to make your point stronger, on the contrary.
It just shows you can’t take any criticism and you are not open for a friendly and serious discussion. How can you expect anything good to come from such remarks and such an attidude agains other people with a different opinion?

All I’m saying is there’s no point in being rude against people(and your last post clearly showed what I mean with that) who say things are going slow, because clearly they are not going fast. If people don’t have a reason to claim things they won’t do so.
End of discussion!

Last edited by Betelgeuze; April 10th, 2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old April 10th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #8236
Carlo[NL]

Likes (Received): 515

Just got an update from the Port Authority:
Quote:
More than half the steel in place for National September 11 Memorial & Museum. For details, visit www.wtcprogress.com.
Glad that the contruction at the memorial runs quickly.
Old April 10th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #8237
Athinaios
3D geo-modeler

Likes (Received): 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuze View Post
So are you saying all those people ar blind and lying?
Quote:
Or do you claim its going fast? lol!
I haven't said they are blind or lying, but there are people who actually don't get that there is a lot to do underground as Onn said. It's a HUGE project and FT is supposed to be the strongest skyscraper ever. Its complicated and whats more - they changed the project many, many times...
I saw that before 9/11 '08 the progress was veeeeeeryyy slow, but after it, it begins to rise a little bit faster than earlier - especially memorial site.
And I hope for all of us in the nearest future to see a really faster progress
EOT.

One World Trade Center in Google Earth
Athinaios no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 08:39 PM   #8238
MrColombia
Pereira's Star Child

Likes (Received): 207

Maybe when the weather improves things will pick up.
Old April 10th, 2009, 08:55 PM   #8239
Mplsuptown

Likes (Received): 713

It's true that it's taking a long long time to get this building started and seems almost as long to get it built. I think they should change the name to the Century Tower because it probably won't be finished til Sept 11th 2101.

BTW I look at this site about once a month and I'm consistently amazed at how little gets accomplished. How embarassing.

*And Major D., just leave the angry man's post up. - spectre000
Mplsuptown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #8240
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Mods, do something...I'm sick of reading the comments and arguments about slow progress every 10 pages...
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center