daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 4th, 2009, 04:11 AM   #8921
CF221

Likes (Received): 811

I hope I can get to see this massive structure already finished soon... :P

Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2009, 07:14 AM   #8922
OmegaScrapers

Likes (Received): 3

hmm great tower...
But personally i dnt like the design that much.. =/
OmegaScrapers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 08:25 AM   #8923
VRS

Likes (Received): 11521

Freedom tower its build because the twin towers was collapse by terrorist...
if Freedom tower design its not great design kind like asia skyscraper example, its simple because this freedom tower design its build very fast for replace old twin towers as soon as possible....
not like tower build for usually propose demand...
VRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #8924
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

This building has a meaning...And that's why it's beautiful no matter how it's designed...
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #8925
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRS View Post
Freedom tower its build because the twin towers was collapse by terrorist...
if Freedom tower design its not great design kind like asia skyscraper example, its simple because this freedom tower design its build very fast for replace old twin towers as soon as possible....
not like tower build for usually propose demand...
? ? You think freedom tower is being built very fast? Almost everyone else on this thread since it's going very very slowly. It's been almost eight years since the attack on the towers and yet FT is just barely reaching street level, I'd hardly call that fast!
Old June 4th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #8926
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1032

Overall progress on the site has been very fast in the last few months, actually.
Uaarkson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 07:36 PM   #8927
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaarkson View Post
Overall progress on the site has been very fast in the last few months, actually.
Most skyscrapers u/c around the rest of the world are adding a floor every 1-2 weeks. But we're here on pins and needles at the mere mention of a single concrete pour or a perimeter steel column being installed. That's pretty pathetic IMO. Once this things gets completely built above grade then we can all enjoy the "speedy progress", until then this is just embarrassing.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #8928
ramvid01

Likes (Received): 68

Well they would go faster if they shut down the PATH Station for a few months, but then were are the 226k people who take the train there going to go...

Anyways, the concrete pumper arm is extending north of 1 WTC, looks like a pour is imminent.
ramvid01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 08:04 PM   #8929
NewYorker2009

Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
Most skyscrapers u/c around the rest of the world are adding a floor every 1-2 weeks. But we're here on pins and needles at the mere mention of a single concrete pour or a perimeter steel column being installed. That's pretty pathetic IMO. Once this things gets completely built above grade then we can all enjoy the "speedy progress", until then this is just embarrassing.
Well said. I know it's sad for people on the forums to get excited if there is a concrete pour or perimeter column installed just like you said. There is progress don't get me wrong but it's considered bullshit progress and you can't blame it all on the PATH Train being in the way because the North Core is already approaching street level and the rebar is at or above street level. There should be more workers and there probably will be once the thing starts going up. Another reason it could be going slowly is due to the lack of demand for office space. Freedom Tower is already paid for and this Tower should be going faster but it isn't because if it is built too soon it will remain empty but it's going to happen anyway. The PA wants tenants to sign on before the Tower is done this way they move right in once completed. I'm actually tired of the term "street level" because it is constantly repeated where people say oh it's approaching street level but not quite there yet and it gets annoying., At least Tower 4 is moving quite smoothly but still ways to go.
NewYorker2009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 09:19 PM   #8930
adam-albany

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
They didn't when the foundation work was still ongoing. Once the FT is completely above ground level, things will move a lot faster, too.
adam-albany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 09:56 PM   #8931
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Looks like the northern perimeter steel beams are poking thru Vesey street now. The rest of the street should get dismantled soon.

Ohhh, if only it were next year already and we all could be looking at this tower 300 or 400 feet high. It will happen, we've just gotta be a little more patient...
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 12:03 AM   #8932
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

wtc.com june
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:09 AM   #8933
Onn
BANNED

Likes (Received): 173

See, there we go. Things are coming togther. We got 15% of the building on ground slab level on the far side.
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 02:56 AM   #8934
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1032

Is the north core progress so slow because they're concentrating on the basement slabs?
Uaarkson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 03:07 AM   #8935
Onn
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaarkson View Post
Is the north core progress so slow because they're concentrating on the basement slabs?
I don't think it matters, they were supposed to build the Freedom Tower differently than most towers like this; where the steel goes up first and the concrete core gets built later. I don't know exactly how it works, they used method on the 7WTC. It's supposedly quite a bit faster. I don't know if that's still in the plans though, it was a while ago. It doesn't look like they're in any hurry to pour more of the north core, does it...

Last edited by Onn; June 5th, 2009 at 03:32 AM.
Old June 5th, 2009, 03:26 AM   #8936
Aiacos
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Awsome design!
Aiacos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 04:35 AM   #8937
VRS

Likes (Received): 11521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
? ? You think freedom tower is being built very fast? Almost everyone else on this thread since it's going very very slowly. It's been almost eight years since the attack on the towers and yet FT is just barely reaching street level, I'd hardly call that fast!
in this case, construction like freedom tower its quite fast....
its not easy to build new tower at that area *which twin towers has collapse at there...should i call disaster area...??
they should re-make tunnel for subway,electric or etc...
about the design = i think its just only the taste mater...*its suitable design with surround neighbors towers at New york...
VRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 05:14 AM   #8938
ramvid01

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
I don't think it matters, they were supposed to build the Freedom Tower differently than most towers like this; where the steel goes up first and the concrete core gets built later. I don't know exactly how it works, they used method on the 7WTC. It's supposedly quite a bit faster. I don't know if that's still in the plans though, it was a while ago. It doesn't look like they're in any hurry to pour more of the north core, does it...
Actually the norm in NYC is that the steel goes up faster than the core. Here 1 WTC will use a conventional construction with the core going ahead of the floor slabs.
ramvid01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 07:49 AM   #8939
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post

wtc.com june
Great update! What are they building at left of this picture?
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 08:11 AM   #8940
Onn
BANNED

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=633246

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center