daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 21st, 2009, 07:55 PM   #9481
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244324

From those photos seems that north core is almost in the same height, with the south? The concrete part
christos-greece está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2009, 08:45 PM   #9482
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5173

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanye View Post
Yes it is. It'll probably be back up on the 1st of August. Usually only stays up for about 10 days or so then goes down for the rest of the month. I'm guessing the website has only so much bandwith per month.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 02:28 AM   #9483
Elmas
José

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSkyWatcher View Post
I sure am sick of the 'long project' posts. Can you guys just stay out of the thread for a year so it will seem like good progress to you? Even after reading about all the red tape the posts still keep coming.

I fail to see the reasoning behind being upset at the timing of this project. Do none of you remember how many people died at this site?

And about having balls to build all the WTC site? That was a ridiculous statement. It's got nothing to do with balls or NYC. Financiers, developers, architects, construction companies....now there's a few folks that might have had a hand in the schedule....Jesus people, think before you post!

That's what many of US do, i've been to NYC 3 times, this being the 3, and i don´t bother any more to go to the WTC site, for what, i better come back in 2020 or something to se this tower finished.
Elmas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 05:50 AM   #9484
Onn
BANNED

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmas View Post
That's what many of US do, i've been to NYC 3 times, this being the 3, and i don´t bother any more to go to the WTC site, for what, i better come back in 2020 or something to se this tower finished.
2013, 1WTC is perfectly on schedule compared to other projects of its size. Don't forget that. In Asia many of the skyscrapers that are the same scale as this one started construction in the 1990s. This one started in 2007, so 2013 sounds about right to me. That would be the same amount of time spent on the Hong Kong International Finance Center, which is almost the same height to roof.
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 06:59 AM   #9485
TXSkyWatcher

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmas View Post
To each his own....
TXSkyWatcher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 02:29 PM   #9486
Severiano

Likes (Received): 756

2020? At the rate this is going try 2050, the Freedom tower is rising at La Sagrada Familia pace.
Severiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 02:43 PM   #9487
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學

Likes (Received): 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severiano View Post
2020? At the rate this is going try 2050, the Freedom tower is rising at La Sagrada Familia pace.
no, the freedom tower will be finished by 2013 / 2014. but the whole WTC site will take much longer (especially 2 and 2 WTC, they are not even u/c).
HK999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 02:50 PM   #9488
Jack Winkler

Likes (Received): 0

If you guys keep moaning on how long this one is taking we will probably have a thread of a 2020 or 2050 pages by the time the FT is finished.. if you can't bear with the time the whole complex requires to be completed just walk by and keep the conversation clean of unneccesary posts.. we have already explained what the site has gone through and as well informed people keep saying about 7 years span for building the complex are normal I suppose there's nothing more to say about that.
We don't need to cram this pages with unconstructive criticism so please stay on topic.

Thanks,
Jack
Jack Winkler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 05:04 PM   #9489
Rockmont

Likes (Received): 29

You all must remember, that the originals weren't built in a day either. It took a good 7 or 8 years or more for them to be completed. From the bottom bones to the rooftops.
Rockmont no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 06:29 PM   #9490
Queensarmy

hurry up
Queensarmy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 07:01 PM   #9491
Marijn24

Marijn24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 07:51 PM   #9492
Onn
BANNED

Nice photos! Thank you, looks like they are raising the forms on the north core now.

Last edited by Onn; July 23rd, 2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 08:48 PM   #9493
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post

Nice photos! Thank you, looks like they are razing the forms on the North core now.
Those pics are a few days old, the north core forms were already raised

you can watch it in real time:

http://archives.earthcam.com/archive...gzrobotic1.jpg
Uaarkson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 09:54 PM   #9494
Onn
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaarkson View Post
Those pics are a few days old, the north core forms were already raised

you can watch it in real time:

http://archives.earthcam.com/archive...gzrobotic1.jpg
Yeah I know, I meant raising the forms for the next pour. The concrete is still drying from the prior concrete pour. They are raising the forms to the next level...
Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:45 PM   #9495
Ben Button
'Just build'

Likes (Received): 2

Even If the taliban fly the Starship Enterprise into the completed stucture its not going to collapse...
Ben Button no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 11:46 PM   #9496
Hightech Pro

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Button View Post
Even If the taliban fly the Starship Enterprise into the completed stucture its not going to collapse...
Only if they stick to the plan, but i have the feeling, they wont do that, like in the old towers...

BTW: Great to see the formworks of north and southcore on the same level!!! Now it wont take long, until the steel structure of the north core goes up! Maybe this will happen within the next month.

Last edited by Hightech Pro; July 22nd, 2009 at 11:55 PM.
Hightech Pro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 01:37 AM   #9497
DennisRodman97
BANNED

when will the FT be completed?
DennisRodman97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 01:45 AM   #9498
Onn
BANNED

Quote:
Paterson to Negotiate Personally With Silverstein
By Charles V. Bagli
July 20, 2009

Gov. David A. Paterson announced on Monday afternoon that he would negotiate personally with Larry A. Silverstein, the developer, in an attempt to resolve the long-running deadlock at ground zero over the construction of office towers on the 16-acre site.

Although his administration had been involved in prior unsuccessful efforts to resolve the dispute, Mr. Paterson said he had been distracted until now by the battling in the State Senate between Democrats and Republicans. He said he met with Mr. Silverstein on Monday morning and they agreed to continue discussions about a possible settlement, postponing, at least for now, binding arbitration.

Mr. Silverstein has insisted that the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey finance two of the three office towers he is to build along Church Street. But both the governor and the authority have been reluctant to finance more speculative office space at a time when rents are declining and tenants are scarce.

The governor said that he could not say that two sides were “any closer” today, but he and Mr. Silverstein agreed that binding arbitration was “an unlimited waste of time” in which both sides would be at each other’s throats.

Mr. Paterson said that Mr. Silverstein had taken on little financial risk while adopting a “build it and they will come” approach to development, which had proven wrong in the past.

Mr. Silverstein issued a statement saying he looked forward “to continuing these discussions.”

Stephen Sigmund, spokesman for the Port Authority, said: “We appreciate Governor Paterson’s leadership and agree with his principled position on protecting public resources. In the meantime, the Port Authority will continue to make daily and visible progress on the Memorial, One World Trade Center, the Transportation Hub and the other public infrastructure.”
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...te-personally/
Old July 23rd, 2009, 03:44 AM   #9499
Zensteeldude

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightech Pro View Post
Only if they stick to the plan, but i have the feeling, they wont do that, like in the old towers...

BTW: Great to see the formworks of north and southcore on the same level!!! Now it wont take long, until the steel structure of the north core goes up! Maybe this will happen within the next month.
They have to stick to the plan, the contracts are signed. The Twin Towers fell victim to the asbestos problem !

It's called Erecting Steel, and there is but One Core!!! Although it apears to be two halfs.

(yea, I was a bit rude)

Last edited by Zensteeldude; July 24th, 2009 at 02:15 AM.
Zensteeldude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 04:08 AM   #9500
Hightech Pro

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensteeldude View Post
They have to stick to the plan, the contracts are signed. The Twin Towers fell victim to the asbestos problem !

It's called ERECTING STEEL, and there is but ONE CORE!!! Although it apears to be two halfs.
Do you have any personal problem with me, or what is the reason for correcting me like this? I am calling it north and south core like anybody else in this thread, so why do you complain about it?

And sorry about not knowing the word erecting steel, because i wasnt born in your god damn country...
Hightech Pro no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center