daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 26th, 2009, 02:51 AM   #9561
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

No it's not exactly the same thing, even though it's likely the same cam. It's not as good as the older one because there's no archive, but superior to a jpeg you can't zoom in on.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2009, 03:12 AM   #9562
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1034

You can zoom in on the jpeg too, in firefox you just have to click on the spot you want to zoom in on
Uaarkson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 03:56 AM   #9563
ramvid01

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
No it's not exactly the same thing, even though it's likely the same cam. It's not as good as the older one because there's no archive, but superior to a jpeg you can't zoom in on.
Ctrl+ Scroll button on mouse for Zoom on both IE and FF.
ramvid01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 12:33 PM   #9564
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 241009

Few photos from flickr:
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vgopal_001/3753594939/

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3742442653/
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #9565
adam-albany

Likes (Received): 1

Ask The Port Authority: 1WTC Construction
Quote:
Q. I've been following the construction of One World Trade Center and was wondering if the cores will always be built staggered as they are now, or is the south core going to wait on the north core to catch up and rise together? Also, will there be more tower cranes installed at the site? – Anthony, Scarsdale, N.Y.

A. As you may have noticed, we poured another level of the north core last week and we anticipate that the north core will catch up to the south core in August. By the end of this quarter, we expect to install steel on top of the north core and jump the north tower crane up 189 feet above street level. Ultimately, we expect there will be three tower cranes on this project.

Q. I would like to know when more of the steel core is going to be built and when we are going to start seeing the outer perimeter columns going up? – Jason, Miami, FL

A. As I mentioned in a previous inquiry, we expect to install steel above the north core during this summer, and this fall, you'll see jumbo columns being installed around the tower's perimeter.

Q. I was wondering when the actual steel perimeter will start rising? From my vantage point, it looks like there are still basement areas needing to come up to street level on the north as well as the west side. Perhaps by September? – Joseph, Cambridge, MA

A. An excellent observation, Joseph. Not all of the below-ground areas around One World Trade Center need to be completed to begin the erection of the tower's jumbo perimeter steel columns. A crawler crane will be mobilized on the recently poured southeast slab at street level to assist in the erection of the first perimeter steel columns. We expect to begin installation of these jumbo columns this fall.
adam-albany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 09:54 PM   #9566
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5171

Nice to get some more insights into the construction. I thought their was to be 4 cranes instead of 3. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing those perimeter steel columns climb higher.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:44 AM   #9567
Onn
BANNED

Likes (Received): 173

July 27th:
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/morrong...38320/sizes/l/
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:57 AM   #9568
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

When are they installing the hydrogen fuel cells?
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 01:12 AM   #9569
Onn
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
When are they installing the hydrogen fuel cells?
Good question....who knows, they might be installed already. Fuel cells that would be useful for a tower of this size would have to be rather large. I think they were supposed to install them quite some time ago, they may have slipped under our radar.
Old July 28th, 2009, 01:15 AM   #9570
K-ON MIO
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

I cant beleive they still working on that project.
K-ON MIO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 01:26 AM   #9571
stewartrama
the stoop- little jackie

Likes (Received): 13

sorry to ask this but----

i saw pix of the pouring of a plaza in front of wtc 1, you know the plaza with the circular indent in it....does anybody know what side of the building this is on?

thanks so much!
stewartrama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 01:34 AM   #9572
Onn
BANNED

I'm pretty sure it's the East side.
Old July 28th, 2009, 02:08 AM   #9573
IU
->

I didn't take any pics today but saw a large number of trucks parked around WTC7 around 1 PM. One truck was pouring concrete inside the northern part of the site. 3 were parked on Washington St and 3 more on Barclay St.

Vesey St is almost completely demolished and the underlying steel frame can now be seen. A hydraulic breaker was working all day just doing that. I'll take some pics tomorrow.

Edit: Infact you can see a part of the frame in the pic that Onn just posted above.
IU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 02:15 AM   #9574
Desparye

Likes (Received): 4

I can actually make out the shape of the tower now. Thanks for the picture, Onn.
Desparye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 02:29 AM   #9575
Onn
BANNED

No problem. There are also some new up close pictures of 4WTC in that thread, I just posted them today. If your interested.
Old July 28th, 2009, 03:01 AM   #9576
Nomadd22

I just bought a townhouse on the beach in Keansburg (The garden spot of the western hemisphere). It's a heckofa lot further away than IndiansUnite gets to be (jealous muttering), but on a clear day I'll be able to watch the skyline rise from my window as soon as it gets a little taller.
Nomadd22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 03:40 AM   #9577
IU
->

You'll be in a much better position than I am in just another 2 weeks. I'll recede back to my upstate NJ house for a couple of weeks and then head back to my uni in the cornfields of Illinois. I won't be able to see ground zero until Thanksgiving
Old July 28th, 2009, 04:28 AM   #9578
IU
->

here's more heartburn for all of you

I got this poster of the view from the new WTC7 in my room when it opened its doors in 2006-

It's been poorly taped up and the view has changed significantly. But hey, at least I have some new WTC memorabilia.

Speaking of memorabilia, I've always wanted to ask PANYNJ if I could buy an extra netting (that covers the site) that has renders of the new WTC development. The one showing all the towers looks simply magnificent and something that can be used to cover one of my bare bedroom walls.

anyways here are some pics of a model of the Transportation Hub for those who are interested--> Clicky
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:34 AM   #9579
Onn
BANNED

Most seem to disagree with me, but I truly think the Transportation Hub is the one of the most important parts of the site. It's the part that everyone will get to interact with, top to bottom. It should be large and expensive, and the Port Authority should not pull one dime away from it.

Oh and nice poster.
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:36 AM   #9580
adam-albany

Can anybody link me to the most recent memorial thread? I can't seem to find it...
adam-albany no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center