daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 16th, 2007, 11:02 AM   #981
Cristov„o471

Likes (Received): 12

This tower is pretty slow! I bet it will still be in construction after this decade.

Highcliff liked this post
Cristov„o471 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:46 PM   #982
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

it will but not finished

ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 02:34 AM   #983
DUBAI2015
O SHIZL GZNGARR

Likes (Received): 6

I'll bet you 150 dollars that by the time the New World Trade Center is finished, (2014) we'll still have people like Talb whining that they still want the old WTC back. But, News Flash! The Freedom Tower is U/C and it won't stop for anything. And by december, It'll be 10 storeys tall!
Last edited by DUBAI2015 : Tomorrow at 04:09 PM. Reason: This is my signature!

DUBAI2015 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 02:44 AM   #984
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

Everything will be completed by Q1 2011, except maybe for Tower(s) 2/5, especially if deconstruction on 130 Liberty stalls again.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:14 AM   #985
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

I can't wait to see the day of tons of cranes activites on all towers when they're being built!

CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:17 AM   #986
Okan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Chicago will top New York with the Chicago Spire +600m.I think New York wont top it for the next 20 years
Okan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:40 AM   #987
rogerick1970
BANNED

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okan View Post
Chicago will top New York with the Chicago Spire +600m.I think New York wont top it for the next 20 years
Whi the hell cares if the CS will be taller than the FT. Everyone in the country and the world will respect the WTC more because of its dominating presence and its meaning. See, when people go to Chicago in 2010, theyll just say look at that tall screw. But when the new WTC is completed it will be admired for ages to come, because of its sign of America's resiliance
rogerick1970 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:47 AM   #988
Vengineer

Likes (Received): 1

... and be awed as they look up at 4 gigantic skyscrapers, built literally side by side seperated by a city street. nowhere in america or in the world will you see a denser cluster of supertall structures... and dont give me that dubai bs.

1776' (541m) - WTC Tower One
1350' (411m) - WTC Tower Two
1255' (382m) - WTC Tower Three
1250' (381m) - Empire State Building
1200' (366m) - One Bryant Park
1046' (319m) - Chrysler Building
1047' (319m) - NY Times Tower
1360' (414m) - Hudson Center North
1240' (378m) - Hudson Center South

Vengineer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 04:29 AM   #989
BrooklynNYC

Likes (Received): 7

New York and Chicago shouldn't have to compete... both are great American cities. Yet the sense of competition with foreign cities is a given.

BrooklynNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 05:09 AM   #990
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalliTooL View Post
I don't get it. They erect the tower crane before piling?
Now that I am thinking about it, no skyscraper project has ever errected a kangaroo crane before the foundation work was actually started saying that the Fraudem Tower isn't said to rise until the beginning of next year, and even the Twins didn't have a kangaroo prior to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvid01
Piling? I dont think any piling was necessary for this part of the site and if it was its been done. And dont listen to talb, hes just negative over the new 1WTC. He wants the old twins back etc.
Just stop with what you just said about me, b/c I am not saying you are wrong or dumb for what you support.
Old May 17th, 2007, 05:50 AM   #991
ramvid01

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalB View Post
Now that I am thinking about it, no skyscraper project has ever errected a kangaroo crane before the foundation work was actually started saying that the Fraudem Tower isn't said to rise until the beginning of next year, and even the Twins didn't have a kangaroo prior to that.

Just stop with what you just said about me, b/c I am not saying you are wrong or dumb for what you support.
I'll stop when you stop your crusade against the Freedom Tower. Look I don't exactly love the Freedom Tower that much and would perfer the Twins back, but I've learned to live with it. The Twin Towers aren't coming back whether you like it or not.

ramvid01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 06:51 AM   #992
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengineer View Post
nowhere in america or in the world will you see a denser cluster of supertall structures... and dont give me that dubai bs.
Just because you want something to be true doesn't mean that it is. The World Trade Center will be great, but there is no need to make up fake facts about it.

Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 07:01 AM   #993
SNT1

Likes (Received): 12

Its true that the Marina will have taller structures (on average) than the WTC/WFC cluster.... but that doesn't necessarily mean it's better looking either :P Go go WTC!

SNT1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 07:09 AM   #994
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1 View Post
Its true that the Marina will have taller structures (on average) than the WTC/WFC cluster.... but that doesn't necessarily mean it's better looking either :P Go go WTC!

OK, that's fine. I have absolutely no problem with people saying "these towers are nicer than those" or stuff like that. But when people make foolish statements that are OBJECTIVE ("most dense" for instance) that can easily be disproven with a tape measure, I feel forced to jump in

Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 09:52 AM   #995
WestTexan87
Plattsburgh to Abilene

Likes (Received): 8

What always just kills me about these forums, especially the poltically-charged ones such as the new WTC, is how so many people get on here just to bicker and fight with each other over ridiculous minute details. Who cares who's the best? Who cares who's got the highest density? Who cares whose buildings are prettier and blah blah blah. I love New York. I'll be the first to say it. The reason I check these forums is to see how the city is doing and how construction is going, but so often I find page after page of people rambling about ridiculous nonsense! Grow up and find something better to do than sitting at your computer picking arguments with other cyber people. Let the forums be for polite conversation, discussion, and photo sharing. I thought that was the point.

(Steps off soap box)

Anyway, I am so proud of NYC. I can't wait to watch the DT skyline transform. This will hopefully help reinvigorate the area, and it'll be so pleasant once all the construction has ceased. I was there in March and it was so noisy and dusty! I anxiously wait for 1WTC to rise above ground. Go NYC!

WestTexan87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:12 AM   #996
connected_

Likes (Received): 15

Go NYC indeed! If there's a city in the world that deserves world class projects like this right now, it's New York. Once this tower is built, everyone will shut up and be awe-struck by it because it's not only 1WTC that will make the area what it is, but it's also the memorial, surrounding parkland, the new transit station and other buildings in the complex. When all these elements finally come together, the new WTC site will be perfect. Everything compliments each other so well!

connected_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:01 PM   #997
abc

Likes (Received): 313

Looks like the boom on the second crane is going up today.

http://www.earthcam.net/users2/inter...2&clientid=158

abc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #998
Rizzato
Blue Collar

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexan87 View Post
What always just kills me about these forums, especially the poltically-charged ones such as the new WTC, is how so many people get on here just to bicker and fight with each other over ridiculous minute details. Who cares who's the best? Who cares who's got the highest density? Who cares whose buildings are prettier and blah blah blah. I love New York. I'll be the first to say it. The reason I check these forums is to see how the city is doing and how construction is going, but so often I find page after page of people rambling about ridiculous nonsense! Grow up and find something better to do than sitting at your computer picking arguments with other cyber people. Let the forums be for polite conversation, discussion, and photo sharing. I thought that was the point.

!
I guess thats what happens when youve got all these international people all over the place. They are getting some nice sleek modern tower in their city so they try to take away from other cities, or they just dont like certain countries, etc.

Rizzato no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 05:23 PM   #999
Alweron

Likes (Received): 8

Since Dubai is the number one skyscraper city today, this isn't that big news. That looks quite nice yes, but the design should be bolder. For ex. BD has an unique design. This tower fits to NY well tho.

Alweron no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 05:39 PM   #1000
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alweron View Post
Since Dubai is the number one skyscraper city today, this isn't that big news. That looks quite nice yes, but the design should be bolder. For ex. BD has an unique design. This tower fits to NY well tho.
dubai isn't the number one SSC , for me it is still NY ( probably forever ).

ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center