daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 18th, 2007, 05:42 PM   #1021
SNT1

Likes (Received): 12

looks like they're finally getting their BAD WORD together.

So, will this be above street level at the end of the year?

Highcliff liked this post
SNT1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:44 PM   #1022
FlyFish

Likes (Received): 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1 View Post
looks like they're finally getting their BAD WORD together.

So, will this be above street level at the end of the year?

Yes, the question is.....what year?

FlyFish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 06:32 PM   #1023
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

hopefully this year. i think it'll begin to rise when all cranes are up

ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 07:09 PM   #1024
Alweron

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzato View Post
so....since dubai is building so many skyscrapers, any other country's buildings dont matter? you're an idiot.
Geez. Relax buddies! I say something negative or neutral about USA and there's 15 replies all telling me to shut up. Yes there's a lot more skyscrapers in NYC than in Dubai, but the difference is that in Dubai the towers look much better (probably cuz they're newer but anyway). And there's not room for new towers to get build in the big cities of USA. Sure Americans have much longer skyscraper history but I believe the towers of Dubai will be as durable as in the States. Don't get me wrong, I would still visit USA rather than Dubai.

Is it possible that u are just envious to Dubai just because it will have the highest tower and is the fastest growing city?

Alweron no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 07:24 PM   #1025
Jhun

Likes (Received): 14

If U want find room,there is always.I 've always want manhattan expand a little,to queen or bruk,then keep going til the long beach...

Jhun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 07:28 PM   #1026
Green Jello

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alweron View Post
Geez. Relax buddies! I say something negative or neutral about USA and there's 15 replies all telling me to shut up. Yes there's a lot more skyscrapers in NYC than in Dubai, but the difference is that in Dubai the towers look much better (probably cuz they're newer but anyway). And there's not room for new towers to get build in the big cities of USA. Sure Americans have much longer skyscraper history but I believe the towers of Dubai will be as durable as in the States. Don't get me wrong, I would still visit USA rather than Dubai.

Is it possible that u are just envious to Dubai just because it will have the highest tower and is the fastest growing city?
The problem is, you came in here are announced that the project was "no big deal" because it's not in Dubai. What does Dubai have to do with New York? They are two very different cities on opposite sides of the planet.

And another thing. The new WTC is HUGELY important. It's not just another skyscraper.....It is the replacement for the disaster of 9/11. That makes it much more than just a building.

If you don't think it's important, then stay in the Dubai threads and leave this one alone.

Green Jello no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #1027
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alweron View Post

Wow! You're an idiot! You don't even know what you are talking about it! Please leave us alone and go away! Stay in Dubai threads. Please do not bother to bash any cities!

If you talk that way even you're in USA, your ass will get kicked for sure! Never piss any Americans off period!

CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #1028
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

calm down!! this is his opinion, please accept this!

Old May 18th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #1029
xlchris
Not much

Likes (Received): 201

I like New York more. If you look at pics of the city you just get a good feeling. A beautiful city. Dubai is nice to but some skyscrapers i just don't like. And it's a whole new city so it needs time. New York has just beautiful old skyscrapers and now this new skyscrapers. Love them.

PS: I've never been in NYC but i want to go there once.

(Sorry if my English is bad)

xlchris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 09:43 PM   #1030
SNT1

Quote:
calm down!! this is his opinion, please accept this!
its just about an opinion as saying "Jessica Alba is ugly" or "Porsches are pieces of crap."

Old May 18th, 2007, 09:47 PM   #1031
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

definitely not! i know you americans hate it when anyone says something against the USA. but believe me: the USA aren't that "special" as the most americans believe

Old May 18th, 2007, 09:49 PM   #1032
LosAngelesMetroBoy

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexan87 View Post
So maybe I'm dumb, but what does a second crane mean? Are the cranes being used yet or are they just being made ready for use when the time comes?
I have a feeling thats whats up. Still alot of groundwork to be done. But im prolly wrong.

LosAngelesMetroBoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 09:58 PM   #1033
SNT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
definitely not! i know you americans hate it when anyone says something against the USA. but believe me: the USA aren't that "special" as the most americans believe
There are two things I absolutely despise when it comes to WTC. People who say Dubai is teh best (it isn't), and those who say they want the old twins back (not gonna happen). There is nothing about that that even resembles ultra-nationalism or what-may-have-you; you brought that up.

Just imagine if I posted on some random skyscraper going up in Dubai and I repeatedly spammed "this is crap/fugly/Chi-Spire is better." Wouldn't you be pissed?

Old May 18th, 2007, 10:40 PM   #1034
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon133 View Post
I love old World Trade Center
Yeah me too. I think this is the only thread where I'm unhappy to see progress so I rarely check it.

FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 10:59 PM   #1035
mgk920
Nonhyphenated-American

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
Yeah me too. I think this is the only thread where I'm unhappy to see progress so I rarely check it.
I sadly agree. This is not the 'exclamation point' that the NYC skyline needs to replace the one that was lost. OTOH, I do and will continue to check this thread every day to see the progress and make commentary, anyways.

That is another reason why I'm so very excited about the tall-building construction activity in Chicago, too.

<sigh...>

Maybe if that idea 'leakage' about the MSG area comes to fruition....

Mike

mgk920 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 11:51 PM   #1036
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

The projects that will be happening in Midtown will most likely make the WTC look small.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 11:53 PM   #1037
Hanshin-Tigress
BANNED

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
The projects that will be happening in Midtown will most likely make the WTC look small.
What projects?
Hanshin-Tigress no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 11:59 PM   #1038
BrooklynNYC

Likes (Received): 7

I wish all of you critics would shut up. All of you. Just don't post on this thread. Do you know what it's like for people who watched the towers fall to hear your fatuous idiocy?

And as for "the USA aren't that "special" as the most americans believe". It's not a superiority complex. Maybe you don't understand what happened. Go wikipedia it.

BrooklynNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 12:01 AM   #1039
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki-chan View Post
What projects?

The MSG project/Hotel Penn/Drake sites/Westside Project (the largest lot of land on Manhattan)/Brookfield/maybe the Con-Ed site (doubt it)/Hudson Yards/ect
In fact, a 90-story hotel was recently proposed for the Javits Center, but it has competition with another plan.

There's going to be a lot of supertalls for Midtown in the coming months. Hopefully, the Freedom Tower will not be tallest in NY for long.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 12:07 AM   #1040
Hanshin-Tigress
BANNED

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
The MSG project/Hotel Penn/Drake sites/Westside Project (the largest lot of land on Manhattan)/Brookfield/maybe the Con-Ed site (doubt it)/Hudson Yards/ect
In fact, a 90-story hotel was recently proposed for the Javits Center, but it has competition with another plan.

There's going to be a lot of supertalls for Midtown in the coming months. Hopefully, the Freedom Tower will not be tallest in NY for long.
Can you send me links to these projects? Are any approved ?
Hanshin-Tigress no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center