daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 21st, 2009, 11:41 PM   #11101
Zensteeldude

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desparye View Post
It's supposed to be topped out toward the end of 2011, so your estimate is about right, maybe a little more. With the "floor a weeK" schedule, you could expect about 52 floors in a year, and the tower in reality is only 86 floors (correct me if I am wrong, please).

Now that I think about it, I think there was something a few pages back about it being up to the 58th floor by Q4 2010.

Hope that helped. ^_^;
I counted 92 floors on the prints, including partial mechanical floors. I'll recheck that when I get home, the full size prints are in storage here at work. I have a half scale set at home.
Zensteeldude no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:45 PM   #11102
Zensteeldude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney Spears Rocks View Post
Thank you=] I believe the tower is 102 floors with about 86 floors of office space, the rest of the floors will be mechanical and two floors dedicated to observation and a restaurant. I just wanna see pics of that new column that went up today!
There are 69 floors of office space (20 thru 88) restaurant is 2 floors, observation is one floor with a mezzanine.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 12:09 AM   #11103
Britney Spears Rocks

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensteeldude View Post
That would be a neat trick seeing as how the east side is only up to the 4th floor.
dosent the first floor start at the bottom?
Britney Spears Rocks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 12:10 AM   #11104
Britney Spears Rocks

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
I counted 92 floors on the prints, including partial mechanical floors. I'll recheck that when I get home, the full size prints are in storage here at work. I have a half scale set at home.
i read somewhere the tower is 102 floors
Britney Spears Rocks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 12:36 AM   #11105
Zensteeldude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney Spears Rocks View Post
dosent the first floor start at the bottom?
The first floor is the lobby, yes. But you are counting the third floor mezzanine as the forth floor. The current top of steel is the forth floor.

I read somewhere that it had 108 floors, that doesn't make it so.

Ok, with all the mechanical floors etc. there are 94 floors between the lobby and 104 mezzanine, inclusive.

Last edited by Zensteeldude; October 22nd, 2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:21 AM   #11106
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

@Britney Spears, the tower does not have 108 actual floors, it is just numbered like that for novelty sake, the tower has 86 real floors (69 for offices) Zensteel is right.

Quote:
There are 69 floors of office space (20 thru 88) restaurant is 2 floors, observation is one floor with a mezzanine.
yea, the 89th and 90th aren't mechanical though, they have windows like all of the office floors. i don't know what goes there, i've heard broadcasting floors but i don't think those normally have windows, supposedly they want to scrap the plan of having those floors be broadcast floors who knows why...
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:38 AM   #11107
Moby_

Likes (Received): 5

speaking of mechanical floors, how many mec floors is in the design? and will they be spaced throughout the building?
Moby_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 02:00 AM   #11108
Zensteeldude

If you were to define a mechanical floor as "a floor where 1) the service elevators can stop at and 2) where more than 75% of the floor is taken up by equipment for the MEP systems of the building" then the answer is 11. Floors 2 through 6 in the base and floors 91 through 93 and 103 and 104 and the roof, floor 105.

If you were to expand that to "any floor where a major part of the floor is equipment for the MEP systems of the building" then the answer is 21. ( this does not include any level above the roof)

If you were to count every floor where part of the floor area is taken up by MEP equipment than one would have to count every floor. (fan rooms, water tanks etc.)

Also, the end of the MTVA deal does NOT mean there well be no broadcast equipment in the tower, only that there well be no TV broadcast equipment.

PS: many of the mechanical floors have windows.

Last edited by Zensteeldude; October 22nd, 2009 at 02:51 AM. Reason: one service elevator DOES go to the roof
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:13 AM   #11109
McGrupp34

Likes (Received): 1

Zen, i know this has been asked before, but whats your relation to the construction? Engineer, contractor? Hands on?
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:21 AM   #11110
TXSkyWatcher

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Very cool...I'd love to have a look at those!
TXSkyWatcher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:28 AM   #11111
Zensteeldude

My company made unsuccessful bids for some of the work at Tower One and the Memorial. I also know several people directly involved in the construction of same.

TXSkyWatcher all you have to do is sign this 27 page non-disclosure agreement and then you can have at it.
Somewhere in the fine print I get your house, daughters, car, first born and all your bank accounts.

PS: I added the last five items to the agreement I signed.

Would you settle for my flicker photo stream. (there are several photos of the prints inside)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Last edited by Zensteeldude; October 22nd, 2009 at 03:38 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:51 AM   #11112
Moby_

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
If you were to define a mechanical floor as "a floor where 1) the service elevators can stop at and 2) where more than 75% of the floor is taken up by equipment for the MEP systems of the building" then the answer is 11. Floors 2 through 6 in the base and floors 91 through 93 and 103 and 104 and the roof, floor 105.
That would be my definition of a mechanical floor. So thanks for the good answer. you know your stuff, and as you have figured out now I don't hehe.
Moby_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:22 AM   #11113
NYCD

Likes (Received): 1203

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
NYCD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:27 AM   #11114
royal rose1

Likes (Received): 257

those three pronged steel beams are very similar to the ones on the original wtc, can someone show me where this is in the design? will it be seen when the building is complete?
royal rose1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:29 AM   #11115
royal rose1

Likes (Received): 257

nevermind i found them in the render of the base
royal rose1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 06:38 AM   #11116
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Thanks for the pics NYCD. The east side of the building is really coming along great! Maybe now with all this visible progress it'll finally shut up the rebuild the original twin towers group. Sure, haven't heard from them in awhile.

On another note, Bovis Lend Lease just got the final permits to restart demolishing the Deutsch Bank Building starting Nov 2. They've given a pretty conservative new timetable. They're just guaranteeing it'll be gone by Dec 31, 2010. Obviously it could be gone sometime in the middle of next year. But then again, anything can happen... let's keep our fingers crossed.
spectre000 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 08:33 AM   #11117
ilovecz

Likes (Received): 15

The weather is so great on the last two pics. What's the boxy building on the right hand side? It seems to be at approximately the same height as Goldman Sacks, but I never followed the progress of it.
ilovecz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 08:45 AM   #11118
micrip

Likes (Received): 1050

7WTC, replacing the one that collapsed on 9/11.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 06:24 PM   #11119
unlinked
Friends, Romans and ...

HD cam is back online
unlinked no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 07:05 PM   #11120
bbtran72
Oh, come on!

Likes (Received): 2

wow i don't know if i should be happy or still piss at the poor at earthcam..haha..i think NYCD and other members that live or work around that area are more reliable than earthcam...very happy at the progress
bbtran72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center