daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:59 PM   #11341
BiggieSmalls

Likes (Received): 2

when the camera was pointing directly at the H&M demo i noticed them pulling many containers of dark dirt from teh site.

THey were working overnight doing it was well. It is definitely soil for the Fulton Street Base.

They still have a lot of work to do on the roof over the WFC east west Connector/North projection if they are planning on running deliveries through that road.
BiggieSmalls no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2009, 11:43 PM   #11342
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by webeagle12 View Post
too early for trees there buddy

trees will be last think to go up
We should see some trees and assorted landscaping work in 2011.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 02:40 AM   #11343
VRS

Likes (Received): 11519

great up date picture....
VRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 03:38 AM   #11344
AlBriE

Likes (Received): 0

The construction is taking a long time - I remember looking awhile ago into this thread and the construction back then does not look as dissimilar to now.
AlBriE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 04:21 AM   #11345
Onn
BANNED

Likes (Received): 173

Looks like there will be a changing of the guard at the Port Authority, New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine is losing out to the Republican candidate in the New Jersey governor’s election right now.
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 05:20 AM   #11346
RKOwens44

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by webeagle12 View Post
too early for trees there buddy

trees will be last think to go up
Durr, but some things (like a layer of dirt) have to go into place before any work can continue on top of it, even though the trees themselves won't be planted for years. They've already started working on the tree planters around 1WTC too, even though the trees won't be planted for years.
RKOwens44 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:50 AM   #11347
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKOwens44 View Post
Durr, but some things (like a layer of dirt) have to go into place before any work can continue on top of it, even though the trees themselves won't be planted for years. They've already started working on the tree planters around 1WTC too, even though the trees won't be planted for years.
Wow you got a "facepalm" award for that post. Stop for a minute and think what you just said.

#2 that dirt have NOTHING to do with trees

#3 of course they poured cement base for trees. Duh

Last edited by webeagle12; November 4th, 2009 at 07:24 AM.
webeagle12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:03 AM   #11348
adam-albany

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
Looks like there will be a changing of the guard at the Port Authority, New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine is losing out to the Republican candidate in the New Jersey governor’s election right now.
Not like you might expect. First, the governor of New Jersey takes office on January 20th, so Corzine will remain governor for another two and a half months. Second, the structure of the Port Authority insulates it from the biggest ramifications in state politics. The governors of New York and New Jersey each appoints six commissioners to the PANYNJ board of directors for six year terms. The board of directors then chooses the executive director who manages the Authority's day-to-day operations. Once Christie takes office, he won't get to appoint a commissioner to the Authority board until the six year term of one of the New Jersey commissioners expires. His most immediate influence will come from the governors' ability to veto the votes of the commissioners from their respective states. As governor, if Christie doesn't like how the New Jersey commissioners vote he can overrule them. From a practical standpoint, since the PANYNJ is funded through the revenues of its various operations instead of by the taxpayers and the vast majority of its decisions are practical and not controversial, Christie is unlikely to intervene very often.
adam-albany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #11349
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 414

here is pretty cool video from wtcprogress

http://www.panynj.gov/wtcprogress/video-gallery.html

Virtual PATH train Ride
webeagle12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 03:33 PM   #11350
musefreek

Likes (Received): 5

can someone please tell me how many of those big vertical steel bars around the side they have to install? when will this stage be finished?
musefreek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 04:10 PM   #11351
Hollandman
BANNED

Likes (Received): 9

wtc looks so change .
Hollandman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #11352
uakoops
Sidewalk Superintendent

Likes (Received): 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefreek View Post
can someone please tell me how many of those big vertical steel bars around the side they have to install? when will this stage be finished?
24 and they are all in.
uakoops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #11353
RON-E

Likes (Received): 35

good to see a pic! thanks
RON-E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #11354
Desparye

Likes (Received): 4

What mechanical floor are they on now? And any estimate of when they're going to jump the core next?
Desparye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 10:20 PM   #11355
Huskies

Likes (Received): 50

how on earth did this design win ? the skyline is gonna look so weak , it just screams " you destroyed our mighty twin towers , so as consolation we built ONE tower the same height as the old ones and put a slightly longer stick on the roof ( this i hate about Bank of america tower , a glass cone that happens to get the title second tallest in nyc cause it has a stick on the roof ) . i might have liked it a little bit if they had put the freedom tower in the middle of the cluster instead of beside it .. but WHY didnt they build new TWIN towers ? i can understand if they dont rebuild them like the old ones as it would be kind of a symbolic dilemma , but didnt like 80 % of the public want them to build TWO towers ? or atleast one tower that is actually taller ( stupid sticks dont count ) has more floors and looks more impressive than the old ones ? im sorry if this is the wrong thread for this , but i was resently in new york and is just stunned over how lame this tower is ..

200 greenich street looks cool though , but i guess thats the reason some people like this project ...
Huskies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 10:22 PM   #11356
Woodstock88
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

I can't wait until wtc will be build
Woodstock88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 02:07 AM   #11357
Onn
BANNED

Edit

Last edited by Onn; November 5th, 2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old November 5th, 2009, 02:16 AM   #11358
adam-albany

Likes (Received): 1

Fantastic update, Onn! Thanks for sharing.
adam-albany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 02:25 AM   #11359
Onn
BANNED

Edit

Last edited by Onn; November 5th, 2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old November 5th, 2009, 02:36 AM   #11360
Coinpeace

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskies View Post
how on earth did this design win ? the skyline is gonna look so weak , it just screams " you destroyed our mighty twin towers , so as consolation we built ONE tower the same height as the old ones and put a slightly longer stick on the roof ( this i hate about Bank of america tower , a glass cone that happens to get the title second tallest in nyc cause it has a stick on the roof ) . i might have liked it a little bit if they had put the freedom tower in the middle of the cluster instead of beside it .. but WHY didnt they build new TWIN towers ? i can understand if they dont rebuild them like the old ones as it would be kind of a symbolic dilemma , but didnt like 80 % of the public want them to build TWO towers ? or atleast one tower that is actually taller ( stupid sticks dont count ) has more floors and looks more impressive than the old ones ? im sorry if this is the wrong thread for this , but i was resently in new york and is just stunned over how lame this tower is ..

200 greenich street looks cool though , but i guess thats the reason some people like this project ...
probably has something to do with Yorkers being a bit proud, financial problems, and wanting SOME symbolism in the hieght. To me, they look a little symbolic, like stairs climbing
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMEQiI7wLEE Part 4 is up :) 550m|110fl

My Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/coinpeace

my building is getting up there :)
Coinpeace no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center