daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 7th, 2009, 10:27 PM   #11421
Gendo

Likes (Received): 77

Yes, it's gonna grow at a much faster pace now that the structural elements of first few floors are mostly in place.

2010 is going to be the year we Americans get our confidence back.

Last edited by Gendo; November 7th, 2009 at 10:32 PM.
Gendo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2009, 10:45 PM   #11422
aceflamingo23
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Yes, I agree!
aceflamingo23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 01:13 AM   #11423
westmc9th
NYC=Amazing

Likes (Received): 6

how tall does everyone think this will be this time next year? Just to see some opinions do you think 2 and 3 will be started and 4 be rising
westmc9th no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 01:30 AM   #11424
westisbest
Justice for the 96

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-ton View Post
imagine if they had made it twist like the infinity tower instead of the way it does because it expresses more of the box shape, but had done it with origional wtc cladding..........now that would have been a nod to the old towers without having to rebuild them the same.
Not sure if you realise how much substance your opinion has? But it is a good statement. A twisting tower would express freedom in its conceptual form were as the current design shows little of a conceptual idea. The Liberskind proposal for the memorial garden signifies what this site is about 100 times more than the U/C tower.

IMO

18 League Titles
5 European Cups
westisbest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 01:39 AM   #11425
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5173

Quote:
Originally Posted by westmc9th View Post
how tall does everyone think this will be this time next year? Just to see some opinions do you think 2 and 3 will be started and 4 be rising
I'd say around 40 stories high by the end of 2010. Maybe even 50. If Silverstein wins his arbitration case against the PA, which is likely, he'll probably start one of his other towers. Lowermanhattan.info reports 2WTC is all set to go and 3WTC as "financial/construction negotiations are underway." But since both towers support the Calatrava hub structurally and utility wise, I'd assume both will see some construction occuring. Also the VSC ramps snake thru those sites as well.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 02:06 AM   #11426
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1078

Quote:
Originally Posted by westisbest View Post
Not sure if you realise how much substance your opinion has? But it is a good statement. A twisting tower would express freedom in its conceptual form were as the current design shows little of a conceptual idea. The Liberskind proposal for the memorial garden signifies what this site is about 100 times more than the U/C tower.

IMO
This site isn't supposed to signify freedom. It's about world trade.
Old November 8th, 2009, 02:42 AM   #11427
westmc9th
NYC=Amazing

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
I'd say around 40 stories high by the end of 2010. Maybe even 50. If Silverstein wins his arbitration case against the PA, which is likely, he'll probably start one of his other towers. Lowermanhattan.info reports 2WTC is all set to go and 3WTC as "financial/construction negotiations are underway." But since both towers support the Calatrava hub structurally and utility wise, I'd assume both will see some construction occuring. Also the VSC ramps snake thru those sites as well.
Freedom tower is supposed to top out in 2011 or 2012 right when willl the first glass be on site
westmc9th no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 04:31 AM   #11428
RKOwens44

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
By the first week of November 2010, 1WTC will be on the 51st floor. By the end of 2010, it'll be on the 58th floor, and by the end of September 2011 it'll be on the 96th floor. (Going by the Port Authority's October 2008 report and assuming a floor a week rate once the base is completed, which should be done by the end of March 2010.)

BTW, the groundbreaking for the United Flight 93 permanent memorial in Shanksville happened at noon today. Has anybody been able to find any photos or video of the event?

Last edited by RKOwens44; November 8th, 2009 at 04:38 AM.
RKOwens44 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 05:07 AM   #11429
boss-ton

Likes (Received): 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by westisbest View Post

IMO
I was talking about the tower alone meaning the memorial would still be there. I liked the origional cladding better because it was more unique than the new one which is just glass like most other new buildings. Would have been nice if they had used it in some way in the design.
boss-ton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 05:27 AM   #11430
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-ton View Post
I was talking about the tower alone meaning the memorial would still be there. I liked the origional cladding better because it was more unique than the new one which is just glass like most other new buildings. Would have been nice if they had used it in some way in the design.
They did incorporate a part of the old cladding:

meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 05:52 AM   #11431
Onn
BANNED

Likes (Received): 173

Is that mockup cladding blue or green? The renders show blue, but it looks more green to me. Does anyone know for sure?
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 09:14 AM   #11432
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
There going take it apart and start it again no I'm just kidding. I don't know maybe 40 stories or so.
Old November 8th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #11433
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
AT LAST! At last!

Its growing... Jezus we have waited for a long time!!!

Now we can enjoy the ride!

Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 01:39 PM   #11434
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post

Is that mockup cladding blue or green? The renders show blue, but it looks more green to me. Does anyone know for sure?
I think it depends on the amount and angle of the daylight...
Sometimes will be more blue, sometimes more green...
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 03:18 PM   #11435
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 694

Quote:
Next year is likely going to be the time for the economic recovery, so if things go well we might be seeing the second coming along rapidly.
friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 03:57 PM   #11436
twilight_2008

Likes (Received): 1

America is already out of recession. Recovery is here. It can only be a good thing!
twilight_2008 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #11437
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 694

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight_2008 View Post
America is already out of recession. Recovery is here. It can only be a good thing!
Unemployment just hit 10.2%.Final economic recovery is on the way.
friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 05:06 PM   #11438
Elmas
José

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame View Post
Yes, I agree that is probably easier to build in a dry, open area, then in the middle of downtown New York City, but the progress is kinda slow here. I have a picture of the construction progress from back in February and I'm looking at the recent ones, and it has only moved up a few floors and widened a bit. That is not commensurate with 9 months worth of time. Even on a difficult site.
Stop lying yourself, what's so hard about admiting that this is the "slowest building" tower in the world. Nice, you have a 30m tower and it has been above ground level for 2 years now, becouse i went to NYC for the first time in May 2008, and it was above ground level if a remember correctly.

i've been to more times to see this massive dissapointment, all i want is to know the true cause of the slow progress, no more lies, why is the building taking so long.
Elmas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 05:41 PM   #11439
tj.obrien

Likes (Received): 0

should look amazing when finished!
tj.obrien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 06:15 PM   #11440
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmas View Post
Stop lying yourself, what's so hard about admiting that this is the "slowest building" tower in the world. Nice, you have a 30m tower and it has been above ground level for 2 years now, becouse i went to NYC for the first time in May 2008, and it was above ground level if a remember correctly.

i've been to more times to see this massive dissapointment, all i want is to know the true cause of the slow progress, no more lies, why is the building taking so long.
May 2008:

October 2009:

Tell me more about how there is no progress.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center