daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 10th, 2009, 12:41 PM   #11481
westmc9th
NYC=Amazing

Likes (Received): 6

From what i add up together they should have the base up by january 15-31st which means by the end of the year it should be around 50 to 60 floors up and by august or september of 2011 it should be up to the top
westmc9th no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2009, 01:26 PM   #11482
westmc9th
NYC=Amazing

3 very large truck loads of steel are coming in 1 of red steel to freedom tower and huge beams into the memorial and another one for core steel im thinking for the freedom tower
Old November 10th, 2009, 04:25 PM   #11483
rickydavisfan21
McSAME and FAILIN

Likes (Received): 539

Quote:
Originally Posted by westmc9th View Post
From what i add up together they should have the base up by january 15-31st which means by the end of the year it should be around 50 to 60 floors up and by august or september of 2011 it should be up to the top
Just walked to the conference room so I could take some time to observe whats being worked on today. It seems to me that there are at least 50 people on the Freedom Tower this morning, the most ive seen in the two weeks I've been working at liberty plaza. I however haven't been able to locate the large truck load of steel people have been referring to. There is a lot of action going on bringing this whole project to ground level, and maybe even closing off the southernmost void. Any info people want from above?
rickydavisfan21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #11484
Lechi Guano
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

El diseño de las Twin towers era superior. Estos proyecto nuevo, es uno más en el mundo.
Saludos
Lechi Guano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:59 PM   #11485
RKOwens44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickydavisfan21 View Post
Just walked to the conference room so I could take some time to observe whats being worked on today. It seems to me that there are at least 50 people on the Freedom Tower this morning, the most ive seen in the two weeks I've been working at liberty plaza. I however haven't been able to locate the large truck load of steel people have been referring to. There is a lot of action going on bringing this whole project to ground level, and maybe even closing off the southernmost void. Any info people want from above?
Someone said yesterday that all of the concrete for the lobby of 4WTC is now fully poured. Can you confirm this? It's impossible to tell from the webcam since it's pointed mainly at the memorial and 1WTC and only one little corner of 4WTC is in the frame.

Also, would you mind taking some pics of the site please??? You should have a perfect view of 4WTC from that building (i'm hugely jealous, btw).
RKOwens44 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 06:22 PM   #11486
Onn
BANNED

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKOwens44 View Post
Someone said yesterday that all of the concrete for the lobby of 4WTC is now fully poured. Can you confirm this? It's impossible to tell from the webcam since it's pointed mainly at the memorial and 1WTC and only one little corner of 4WTC is in the frame.

Also, would you mind taking some pics of the site please??? You should have a perfect view of 4WTC from that building (i'm hugely jealous, btw).
Try this one:
http://rebuildgroundzero.org/webcam/rgz_000.jpg
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:18 PM   #11487
Sentient Seas
Industrial Twilight

Likes (Received): 42

Thanks for the update.
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:55 PM   #11488
Hightech Pro

Likes (Received): 21

Wow they added quite a lot of steel around the core today. Floors 2-5 seem to be about 60-70% completed!
Hightech Pro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #11489
Onn
BANNED

Yeah, the steel is just flying up today!

http://www.earthcam.com/clients/grou...groundZero.swf

Last edited by Onn; November 10th, 2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old November 10th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #11490
Onn
BANNED

RoldanTTLB, Nov. 11, Wired New York:
Old November 10th, 2009, 10:23 PM   #11491
bbtran72
Oh, come on!

Likes (Received): 2

wow the pace is fast now
bbtran72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 10:31 PM   #11492
bbtran72
Oh, come on!

Old November 10th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #11493
Desparye

Likes (Received): 4

Progress is amazing even for just a day. But I guess the weather is fantastic here.
Desparye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 10:38 PM   #11494
bbtran72
Oh, come on!

finally..sorry this is my first time posting an image but this is as of 2:20 central

Old November 10th, 2009, 11:39 PM   #11495
rickydavisfan21
McSAME and FAILIN

Likes (Received): 539

Quote:

I can confirm that the lobby of 4WTC is fully poured.

I have a question, i have been searching for a thread for the 123 Washington St. project and finally found a thread and noticed it was archived. I have been watching the construction for sometime now and it seems that the is nobody at all onsite working. The construction elevators are not moving and the top 5 floors have sat unclad for 2 weeks now. Anyone have some updates for me?
rickydavisfan21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 11:51 PM   #11496
westmc9th
NYC=Amazing

WOW LOTS OF PROGRESS

Last edited by westmc9th; November 11th, 2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old November 11th, 2009, 12:02 AM   #11497
RKOwens44

bbtran and westmc, you're probably both new here so I'll cut you some slack, but those are just pictures from hours ago on the webcam, which most of us here already watch very frequently.
Old November 11th, 2009, 12:03 AM   #11498
RKOwens44

Some new pics from the museum. This is the ramp that leads from the visitor center (pavillion) on an incline westward all the way to the overhang above the "great hall", then it circles all the way back eastward to the Survivor's Staircase...

The coolest part of the museum, in my opinion, is going to be the area around the footprints of the towers, like to the right in this pic (not my pic). Also, there's about 4 inches of concrete from the lowest basement level of the original Twin Towers under those plywood boards. So it's not just the steel column foundations that are going to be visible, but the original concrete around them as well.

Old November 11th, 2009, 01:21 AM   #11499
steve1young

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
bbtran and westmc, you're probably both new here so I'll cut you some slack, but those are just pictures from hours ago on the webcam, which most of us here already watch very frequently.
RKO, not all of us watch the webcams so thank you and keep them coming bbtran and westmc.

"you're probably both new here so I'll cut you some slack?" Seriously? How very generous of you! Is everybody feeling the love?
steve1young no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 02:22 AM   #11500
adam-albany

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1young View Post
RKO, not all of us watch the webcams so thank you and keep them coming bbtran and westmc.
So the thread should be clogged up with image caps because some of us can't be bothered to bookmark the EarthCam? Seriously, here's a link to it: http://www.national911memorial.org/s...Visit_EarthCam Bookmark it. See what bbtran, westmc and the rest of us get to see 24/7.
Quote:
"you're probably both new here so I'll cut you some slack?" Seriously? How very generous of you! Is everybody feeling the love?
I thought he was being very polite. No need for the caustic sarcasm.
adam-albany no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center