daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 19th, 2009, 10:13 PM   #11661
ronsmytheiii

Likes (Received): 1

There is alot more steel in place at the memorial
ronsmytheiii no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2009, 12:00 AM   #11662
Krattle

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB317 View Post

Does anyone know off the top....

Will total square footage of 1 WTC be larger than a single original tower, or about the same?

How does the total sq ft including all of the buildings that will actually be built (say in the next 5 years) compare to the original WTC complex?

See you on Friday NYC... (Feel free to PM me with new must see buildings)
I'm pretty sure the new One World Trade Center tower will have a lot less square footage than one of the original towers. But all 4 new towers together probably have the same square footage as both original towers.

Yep, in fact the new One World Trade Center tower has only 2,600,000 sq ft. but a single one of the original towers had 4,300,000 sq. ft. Yeah, those towers were huge.
Krattle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 12:12 AM   #11663
Rockmont

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krattle View Post
I'm pretty sure the new One World Trade Center tower will have a lot less square footage than one of the original towers. But all 4 new towers together probably have the same square footage as both original towers.

Yep, in fact the new One World Trade Center tower has only 2,600,000 sq ft. but a single one of the original towers had 4,300,000 sq. ft. Yeah, those towers were huge.

This one will still be huge in its own right.
Rockmont no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 12:50 AM   #11664
RKOwens44

Likes (Received): 0

Looks like the first tree planter has gone up to the south of 1WTC. Which means that I'm wrong again! The dirt all along Fulton Street probably is permanent and used as backfill to support the roadway, which is why it's being compressed with steam-rollers. I'd thought this meant it was temporary since tree roots wouldn't be able to grow in compressed mud, but now that I see they have separate tree planters...
RKOwens44 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:02 AM   #11665
Nomadd22

Likes (Received): 1

It's a pretty good bet they really don't want tree roots growing under the pavement. All of the trees will spends their lives in planters.
Nomadd22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:30 AM   #11666
charger1966

Likes (Received): 10

Corner Stone

Ok Now that this fine building is rising so quickly, I have a question for Zen or Onn. When will the original Corner Stone that was placed down in the pit so many years ago then removed be placed where it belongs? By the way, Everything is looking fantastic.
Also did anyone else have trouble opening up the website that has the Earthcam of the WTC Site, The one that has just one cam and a control panel.? Thanks, Lance
charger1966 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:15 AM   #11667
BiggieSmalls

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger1966 View Post
When will the original Corner Stone that was placed down in the pit so many years ago then removed be placed where it belongs?
It wont.. it was donated to the town where the company that made it is located. They have it displayed as a memorial.. do a google search.. i think its on Long island.

was mentioned here a few months back.. they dedicated it 9/11/09
BiggieSmalls no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #11668
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

3 trucks full of steel on the east side of the tower, new steel on the south corner of the site, new steel on the south pool of he memorial, new steel everywhere...
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #11669
leoracademico
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

watching to this tower finally rising from the floor is something really magnificent!..
leoracademico no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:10 PM   #11670
Hightech Pro

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
Yes, the lobby is floor 1...WTCprogress.com said that they workin' on the 4th floor right now, and that's the heighest floor of the tower at the moment...
Hm, but floor two is hanging down from floor three and is barely visible on the pics. Then the current decking would be for floor 5 already. Did they miss this one, or is it not even counted?
Hightech Pro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:23 PM   #11671
C30

Likes (Received): 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightech Pro View Post
Hm, but floor two is hanging down from floor three and is barely visible on the pics. Then the current decking would be for floor 5 already. Did they miss this one, or is it not even counted?
The floor between is labelled 3M if I remember correctly.
The next ones will be 4M, 5, 5M, 6 and 6M.

After that the base will be complete and construction of the first office level, floor 20, will begin.

Hope this helped. Zen may correct me if I'm wrong.
C30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:53 PM   #11672
RKOwens44

Likes (Received): 0

wtcprogess.com says that building is currently at 160 feet above street level... which is really bizarre. Before they put up those two new levels of core steel, it was only at 105 feet. I doubt that the core steel was enough to bring it up another 55 feet.
RKOwens44 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:54 PM   #11673
mordorsfear

Likes (Received): 126

finally, now you can see a tower rising! it has shape now. Maybe the construction speed would raise now on.
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #11674
DinoVabec
Worldwide

As I know, there's one mechanical floor on top of the lobby (that would be 1st floor)
Then we have full width floor (that would be 2nd floor)
Then goes another mechanical floor (that would be 3rd floor)
Then goes again full width floor which one wtcprogress.com named as 4th floor (the highest floor at the moment)...
And right now we can see 2 beams connected to the core and there will be 6th floor...That's the highest point of the tower right now...

And of course, between 4th floor which is done, and 6th floor which right now has 2 beams connected to the core, will be 5th floor (mechanical floor)...

Old November 20th, 2009, 05:10 PM   #11675
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKOwens44 View Post
wtcprogess.com says that building is currently at 160 feet above street level... which is really bizarre. Before they put up those two new levels of core steel, it was only at 105 feet. I doubt that the core steel was enough to bring it up another 55 feet.
I didn't think so either, but look at the renders of the podium, the next tier of perimeter columns above this new steel in SE corner will reach 186 feet. So they are nearly up to the 20th floor.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #11676
spectre000

http://www.observer.com/2009/real-es...wtc-bonds-what

Silverstein Wants $2.6 B. in WTC Bonds—But for What?
By Eliot Brown
November 18, 2009 | 5:10 p.m

Anyone paging through the end of The Times' business section Wednesday might have noticed an unusual legal notice nestled in between the commercial real estate classifieds and a bank ad (a reader had to point it out to us):

NEW YORK LIBERTY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION

Notice of Public Hearing

World Trade Center developer Larry Silverstein, it seems, is eager to issue the $2.6 billion in tax-free bonds he was pledged to rebuild office towers at the site. The reason: the triple tax-exempt bonds meant to spur downtown development, dubbed "Liberty Bonds" in classic post-September 11 style, are slated to expire at the end of the year. The Port Authority, which has its own set of bonds, has been trying to get Congress to extend the expiration date. (The hearing, scheduled for Dec. 3 at the Museum of Jewish Heritage, would authorize final issuance of the bonds.)
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #11677
Onn
BANNED

Likes (Received): 173

GreenwichBoy, November 20th:

Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #11678
Hightech Pro

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
As I know, there's one mechanical floor on top of the lobby (that would be 1st floor)
Then we have full width floor (that would be 2nd floor)
Then goes another mechanical floor (that would be 3rd floor)
Then goes again full width floor which one wtcprogress.com named as 4th floor (the highest floor at the moment)...
And right now we can see 2 beams connected to the core and there will be 6th floor...That's the highest point of the tower right now...

And of course, between 4th floor which is done, and 6th floor which right now has 2 beams connected to the core, will be 5th floor (mechanical floor)...

Thx, thats exactly the reason I wanted to know, if the lobby counts as a floor. So if it does not count, then the counting seem to be right and the first floor is the one hanging down from the lobby ceiling.

@C30
I think this makes more sense as naming them M floors with the same number.

Can someone verify this?

But their counting is still weird. Are they going to skip some floors even in the lower half of the tower, like they do it on top, or how is it possible to be at floor 20 in just a few floors.
Hightech Pro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 07:38 PM   #11679
spectre000

I believe floors 7-19 are fictional.
Old November 20th, 2009, 07:42 PM   #11680
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightech Pro View Post

But their counting is still weird. Are they going to skip some floors even in the lower half of the tower, like they do it on top, or how is it possible to be at floor 20 in just a few floors.
I was wondering the same thing...

Last edited by DinoVabec; November 20th, 2009 at 07:56 PM.

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center