daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 25th, 2009, 06:09 PM   #11821
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1031

4 WTC is not on hold. Steel erection is scheduled to start in January.

Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2009, 06:43 PM   #11822
Zensteeldude

Likes (Received): 11

A tower crane is going up, no doubt about that. Where is the question.

The site plan called for construction elevators on the east and west sides, not the south. Maybe they are going to put the tower crane on the east side.

With no work tomorrow we may have to wait tell Friday or the weekend and just see what goes where.
Zensteeldude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 06:59 PM   #11823
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensteeldude View Post
A tower crane is going up, no doubt about that. Where is the question.

The site plan called for construction elevators on the east and west sides, not the south. Maybe they are going to put the tower crane on the east side.

With no work tomorrow we may have to wait tell Friday or the weekend and just see what goes where.
Don't know about the east side...I doubt they will put tower crane on the crawler's path...There's a free space on the northeast corner of the tower, but it seems impossible because there's that corner of the base that lean out...And still has to grow...I don't know...

Only solution to me could be that they'll remove part of the crawler's path...I don't know...
I guass we should wait and see as you said...
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 07:10 PM   #11824
westmc9th
NYC=Amazing

Likes (Received): 6

not much can happen friday its supposed to rain and idk about saturday its supposed to be windy
westmc9th no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #11825
Coinpeace

Likes (Received): 13

ha! its getting wider only a short time til we can't say that anymore anyone know what floor there on
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMEQiI7wLEE Part 4 is up :) 550m|110fl

My Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/coinpeace

my building is getting up there :)
Coinpeace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 07:41 PM   #11826
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaarkson View Post
4 WTC is not on hold. Steel erection is scheduled to start in January.
I know this is the 1WTC section, but the below article relates to the whole WTC site.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/re...sqft.html?_r=2

Q. What’s the problem?

A. You have a bureaucracy at the Port, and their mind-set is different from private enterprise. Anytime there’s a delay, they just change the schedule; anytime there’s an increase in costs, they increase the budget. As a private entrepreneur, I can’t function that way. We should have been much farther along.

Tower 4 is already at street level. Unfortunately, at the present pace of construction our building will be finished two years before the infrastructure is in place, the infrastructure that the Port’s obligated to do. So by virtue of that, we’re going to have to stop.

I wouldn't call 4WTC on hold, more like "slow down". Hopefully the rumors of steel in January will come true. But the same mods at WNY said the same thing in August, then September, October, etc. Reminds me of the Chicago Spire.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #11827
RKOwens44

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
I know this is the 1WTC section, but the below article relates to the whole WTC site.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/re...sqft.html?_r=2

Q. What’s the problem?

A. You have a bureaucracy at the Port, and their mind-set is different from private enterprise. Anytime there’s a delay, they just change the schedule; anytime there’s an increase in costs, they increase the budget. As a private entrepreneur, I can’t function that way. We should have been much farther along.

Tower 4 is already at street level. Unfortunately, at the present pace of construction our building will be finished two years before the infrastructure is in place, the infrastructure that the Port’s obligated to do. So by virtue of that, we’re going to have to stop.

I wouldn't call 4WTC on hold, more like "slow down". Hopefully the rumors of steel in January will come true. But the same mods at WNY said the same thing in August, then September, October, etc. Reminds me of the Chicago Spire.
4WTC is officially going up to the fourth floor with steel and then after that, not even the crews know what's going to happen. Can't say where I got this info, but it's reliable.
RKOwens44 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 09:25 PM   #11828
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKOwens44 View Post
4WTC is officially going up to the fourth floor with steel and then after that, not even the crews know what's going to happen. Can't say where I got this info, but it's reliable.
Hell yeah, a retail stump!
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 10:30 PM   #11829
RKOwens44

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
Hell yeah, a retail stump!
No, it's just that construction may (or may not) have to be put on hold after the steel for the "stump" is put in place, not that they're just going to open it as a retail stump. The tower will be built... whenever that may be.
RKOwens44 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:27 PM   #11830
DesignerVoodoo

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
No, it's just that construction may (or may not) have to be put on hold after the steel for the "stump" is put in place, not that they're just going to open it as a retail stump. The tower will be built... whenever that may be.
If you can not give the source of the information it's only a rumor. Please do not start rumors here.
You know this will be the beginning of pages of nonsense and speculation.
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:55 PM   #11831
westmc9th
NYC=Amazing

both north and south core all the way around are up to the next level
Old November 26th, 2009, 12:59 AM   #11832
Hightech Pro

Likes (Received): 21

- The crawler track has been extended over Fulton street, the track ends directly at the pools edge now, where the crawler is also placed at the moment.

- Another part of the \|/ structure has been added on the east side of WTC1. I cant see the south side, but maybe they have added one on that side too.

- Decking of south pool continues to grow.

- Decking for the southwest corner of the memorial is prepared.
Hightech Pro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 01:03 AM   #11833
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
I think I know who your source is, but I was being sarcastic. I can see Silverstein building everything to grade + 4 or so stories and then deciding which tower(s) to build. Maybe hedging his bets that by that time the market will have recovered so he can build all three.

Pure speculation though.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 01:10 AM   #11834
Hightech Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coinpeace View Post
ha! its getting wider only a short time til we can't say that anymore anyone know what floor there on
The current decking at WTC1 is for floor 4. The steel extends to the top of that floor. They will place the decking for floor 5 at the top of the current steel in a few weeks. These are mechanical floors which are extra high, they also have smaller intermediate floors in between, which are called 4m, 5m and 6m respectively. After floor 6, they will start the construction of floor 20, the first office floor.

BTW: Its not really getting wider, its just the edges which are extending, the walls are straight.
Old November 26th, 2009, 01:33 AM   #11835
westmc9th
NYC=Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightech Pro View Post
The current decking at WTC1 is for floor 4. The steel extends to the top of that floor. They will place the decking for floor 5 at the top of the current steel in a few weeks. These are mechanical floors which are extra high, they also have smaller intermediate floors in between, which are called 4m, 5m and 6m respectively. After floor 6, they will start the construction of floor 20, the first office floor.

BTW: Its not really getting wider, its just the edges which are extending, the walls are straight.

Are these dates right i just found this pic i hope it is
Old November 26th, 2009, 01:38 AM   #11836
Hightech Pro

I dont know the dates, maybe Zen does. But the height should be right. Its the current steel elevation.
Old November 26th, 2009, 03:05 AM   #11837
Zensteeldude

Likes (Received): 11

the 5th floor is 125' 7" so add 4 or 5 feet for the column splice and 130' is correct.
Zensteeldude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 03:30 AM   #11838
blackhawk08

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
image hosted on flickr

Flickr, morrongiello
This is incredible, I haven't been on this thread in a few months and now I come back on and see this.
Old November 26th, 2009, 03:33 AM   #11839
MDguy

i feel like this is going so fast!!
MDguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 06:37 AM   #11840
adam-albany

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
If it's four storeys above street level, how can the public infrastructure be to blame? You'd think infrastructure delays would have hampered construction below grade and not above grade. The only thing I can think of is that they don't have a means of getting the materials to the site, and/or setting up the cranes.
adam-albany no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center