daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 3rd, 2009, 06:45 AM   #11961
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

I think they've publicly said as much that Tower 2 will be going up first if he gets the funding. Tower 3 will have to wait.

Tower 4 is pretty much a certainty and if it doesn't get built then the site plan itself is in jeopardy.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:44 AM   #11962
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53485

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
I think they've publicly said as much that Tower 2 will be going up first if he gets the funding. Tower 3 will have to wait.

Tower 4 is pretty much a certainty and if it doesn't get built then the site plan itself is in jeopardy.

Anymore, I believe so little that comes out of Larry Silverstein's mouth. He's always angling for more money, more payouts, more public largesse. Only the Port Authority could make that guy seem credible by comparison.

Zaz965 liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 03:33 PM   #11963
westmc9th
NYC=Amazing

Likes (Received): 6

4 trucks delievered this morning 2 on the west side and 2 on east side so wind advisory is over at 11
westmc9th no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:42 PM   #11964
EddieB317
DE MINIMIS NON CURAT LEX

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:

I wish they had started tower 2 before tower 4. Tower 2 IMO is much more iconic. I know this doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of this entire project, but if anything happens financially, I would rather have the more distinctive structures. (I do like all of the towers, just some more than others)

I happen to think that things are going to happen for Indianapolis...
EddieB317 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:28 PM   #11965
ramvid01

Likes (Received): 68

The rental rates across the buildings will be similar. They are all Class A office towers and will demand the same rents that the rest of the area for that type get.

It all has to do with the fact that the PA from the beginning had signed a lease in tower 4. Why build tower 2 or 3 when there are no leases signed for those buildings?
ramvid01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:31 PM   #11966
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244742

On December 2:
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cxg231/4155719220/
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:38 PM   #11967
devilsadvocate

Likes (Received): 79

When do they start to build the outer walls/windows?
devilsadvocate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:40 PM   #11968
ramvid01

Likes (Received): 68

What are your sources for that? I am just curious because two years ago Silverstein was asking between 65 and 80 per sqft at 7 WTC and many thought that was too much.
ramvid01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:01 PM   #11969
Onn
BANNED

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Liberty Bonds by Christmas?
N.Y. Agency Plans $2.6 Billion Deal

Thursday, December 3, 2009
By Ted Phillips

The Liberty Development Corp. plans to market $2.59 billion of tax-exempt Liberty Bonds before Christmas for development at the World Trade Center site in order to meet a year-end deadline.

The bonds will be sold to partially finance construction of three office towers with 6.2 million square feet of office space that Silverstein Properties Inc. plans to build on the site.

Due to delays and legal wrangling at the site, the bond proceeds will be put into escrow because the proceeds can’t be used right away for construction.

Following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, Congress created the Liberty Bond program, which authorized $8 billion of private-activity bonds to revitalize Lower Manhattan. The program, which was extended once before, expires on Dec. 31. New York City and New York State officials have sought an extension of the program through Congress, but with no guarantee that an extension would happen, the LDC, which is a subsidiary of the Empire State Development Corp., decided to meet the deadline.

The LDC plans to market the bonds the week of either Dec. 14 or Dec. 21. The bonds are still subject to a public hearing and require approval from Gov. David Paterson and Mayor Michael Bloomberg, which is expected.

Goldman, Sachs & Co. is underwriter. Winston & Strawn LLP is bond counsel.

Silverstein, which holds a lease to the site, is in arbitration proceedings with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, the site’s owner. The developer has sought greater public financial support for the office towers due to the delays at the site and the economic downturn, but the Port Authority and Paterson were unwilling to give Larry Silverstein, the company’s owner, everything he wanted. Closing arguments in the arbitration are scheduled for this month.

The Port Authority was allocated $700 million of Liberty Bonds to be issued by the New York City Industrial Development Agency for the development of the Freedom Tower, but it is unlikely that those bonds will be issued by the end of the year.

Spokesman Steve Coleman said the authority wants to get an extension on the Liberty Bonds and would not comment on the “hypothetical situation” of issuing the bonds before the end of the year.
http://www.bondbuyer.com/issues/118_...1004549-1.html
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:49 PM   #11970
Viperfreak2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 48

First let me say I know little about skyscraper strength, but looking at these old pictures of the original to the WTC1 structure we see today, which one looks stronger?

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...419362&page=36
Viperfreak2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:52 PM   #11971
westmc9th
NYC=Amazing

Likes (Received): 6

is the HD cam froze again?!?!?! Cuz i have een the same pic since 12
westmc9th no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:52 PM   #11972
Onn
BANNED

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperfreak2
First let me say I know little about skyscraper strength, but looking at these old pictures of the original to the WTC1 structure we see today, which one looks stronger?
Well there is A LOT of concrete that still has to be poured at 1WTC, you haven’t seen anything yet.
Onn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:57 PM   #11973
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperfreak2 View Post

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...419362&page=36
Yeah, I wouldn't quit your day job. It has nothing to do with "which looks stronger," because the new building is a completely different type of construction. You can't compare the amount of steel in the new building to the old one, let alone the strength of the steel.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:16 PM   #11974
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5174

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
When do they start to build the outer walls/windows?
The curtainwall installation will begin later next year.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:18 PM   #11975
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

Is it just me or did Freedom Tower just added three floors within one week already!?!?
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:24 PM   #11976
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5174

I doubt there'll be much difference in lease costs between the 1-4WTC. If anything they'll be determined by who the tenant is (public vs. private). Their will be some difference between those on higher floors vs those on the lower floors.

I believe the PA's lease in 4WTC is set at $59 sq ft. Not sure the rates of 1WTC. I know NYC gave a subsidy of $3.80 per sq ft for the first million or so sq ft leased in 1WTC. 7WTC was given a $2.50 per sq ft subsidy for the first 700,000 sq ft leased. I think that went to Moody's, who leases most of the lower half of 7WTC.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:29 PM   #11977
mindgoessnap

Likes (Received): 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
What are those folded wooden-looking things surrounding the base of the 4 frontmost supercolumns? They look like some kind of strange umbrella or something.
mindgoessnap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:35 PM   #11978
uakoops
Sidewalk Superintendent

Likes (Received): 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindgoessnap View Post
What are those folded wooden-looking things surrounding the base of the 4 frontmost supercolumns? They look like some kind of strange umbrella or something.
It is an umbrella. So they can do welding in the rain.
uakoops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:41 PM   #11979
Luis_Olayag
LOG 1609

Likes (Received): 18

wow nice
Old December 3rd, 2009, 11:31 PM   #11980
Guaporense

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Yes yes, because we're all seeing how well their unrestrained building is working out for them now.
That is the normal phase of the economic cycle. Don't worry, by 2020 they will have about 40 buildings taller than this one.
Guaporense no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center