daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 18th, 2009, 09:50 PM   #12181
BStyles

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by C30 View Post
Is there a reason for why north core concrete is lagging behind once again?
Because the south core had rebar up long before the north core bacame level with it.
BStyles no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #12182
C30

Likes (Received): 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStyles View Post
Because the south core had rebar up long before the north core bacame level with it.
Yes, but the cores have been level for a few months now, and in these months no visible work has been done on the north one(besides raising the inner part of the forms).

It would seem that they could easily have caught up during this period. After all, they have to pour the core every 10 days or so once the tower starts rising.
C30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 10:38 PM   #12183
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by C30 View Post
Yes, but the cores have been level for a few months now, and in these months no visible work has been done on the north one(besides raising the inner part of the forms).

It would seem that they could easily have caught up during this period. After all, they have to pour the core every 10 days or so once the tower starts rising.
I bet they were waiting for Fulton Street to be accessible to begin concrete pouring again. The worksite is pretty tight for space. Once the Vesey street overhang is extended and the rest of Fulton Street is done, they should have enough area to work with to do both steel and concrete work simultaneously.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2009, 12:14 AM   #12184
RandomNameTag
Skyscraper fan

Likes (Received): 22

HUGE snowstorm forcasted for the New York area by the weather media. It's been raining like cats and dogs where I live (Georgia). This is one HECK of a storm!

Last edited by RandomNameTag; December 19th, 2009 at 12:24 AM.
RandomNameTag no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2009, 12:26 AM   #12185
aceflamingo23
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

We havent got much rain where I live (Tennessee), but the weaterpeople are forecasting a foot of snow on the east coast!

Last edited by aceflamingo23; December 19th, 2009 at 12:40 AM.
aceflamingo23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2009, 01:11 AM   #12186
metsfan
Photographer

Likes (Received): 42

Wonderful progress!!!

- A
Old December 19th, 2009, 12:41 PM   #12187
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 240516

18 December:
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paranoi...id/4195871761/
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2009, 01:42 PM   #12188
ausie
BANNED

Likes (Received): 28

how tall now?
ausie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2009, 04:06 PM   #12189
jimbo

Likes (Received): 6

great photo updates and brilliant to see the outer form of the building starting to emerge.
jimbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2009, 04:11 PM   #12190
roro987
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

wow lloook amazing
roro987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2009, 04:17 PM   #12191
ausie
BANNED

Likes (Received): 28

diagram

hey everyone. i have been drawing up construction update diagrams fo rmany other buildings lately and i thought it was time to try the freedom tower. i haven't wuite finished or added many of the details but its just a preview of what is coming. i will finish it off tomorrow as it is 2am and i need sleep. i will be using the other diagrams posted to find details like heights that i need to include. enjoy. i will be posting updates at least once a month but for the next few weeks while i don't have many diagrams to post i will hopefully get a diagram in ever week, and sometimes daily if the pictures come in enough. i'll finish drawing the freedom towers outline tomorrow and have it posted before the new year

merry christmas
ausie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2009, 11:41 PM   #12192
westmc9th
NYC=Amazing

Likes (Received): 6

has anyone heared about this new building? Centraltower Interstate Center is going to be built in Lower Manhattan and will be 3884 feet tall! here is the link.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central...erstate_Center That beats freedom by 2000 feet!
westmc9th no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 12:08 AM   #12193
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by westmc9th View Post
has anyone heared about this new building? Centraltower Interstate Center is going to be built in Lower Manhattan and will be 3884 feet tall! here is the link.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central...erstate_Center That beats freedom by 2000 feet!
It's just an architect/developers pipe dream. These types of projects get proposed all the time. Frank Lloyd Wright proposed a mile high tower for Chicago once. Donald Trump proposed a new tallest building during the 80's for NYC.

I wouldn't give it a second thought. Would be spectacular though!
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #12194
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

That height isn't even possible in that area. The FAA would never approve it.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:30 AM   #12195
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

if that was the case there be alot of short building in NYC. The FAA haven't tried to kill a building in NYC yet and you said that like there building in front of the airport. Any height a good height in New York
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:31 AM   #12196
aceflamingo23
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Any renders of the Centraltower Interstate Center? I looked but couldn't find one.
aceflamingo23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:37 AM   #12197
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

It just came out. There maybe no renders for awhile
Old December 20th, 2009, 02:20 AM   #12198
Swiddle

Likes (Received): 291

I was looking forward to seeing the snow on the HD Earthcam, but of course it stopped updating today. Given how fragile that camera seems to be, maybe they turned it off and put a cover over it to protect it from the weather until the storm passes.

The RGZ cam shows a good covering of snow on the site. The Times Square cams show the snow coming down fairly hard now, but not sticking to the roads yet. Hopefully a foot or two of snow won't delay work on 1WTC come Monday.

There is a new platform being installed over the PATH roof. It's taller than the other one (which is being expanded) so that it will be above the HVAC equipment.

Anyone know or want to guess why they recently removed the steel from the northeast corner of the north pool? I sure thought it was permanent.

[IMG]http://i50.************/1zv8n7d.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i47.************/dfx0ch.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Swiddle; December 20th, 2009 at 02:34 AM.
Swiddle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 04:51 AM   #12199
pikachu100
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

hello i introduce myself, my name is annie fitzcher pacino, i'm from mexico but I was born in Argentina, my mother was french, we went with my dad to NY when I was 9, we left the building world Trade Center Tower One 15 minutes before the terrorist attack, was horrible for me because i was only a young girl, I was very scared because my mom had not left, she was doing other things and told us to wait outside, i remember of every word and gesture that my dad did when he saw the building collapsing, that was the worst day of my life because my dad carried me in his arms and ran away from the building to save my life, to write this to you my friends, i must confess that I am looking forward to mourn, my mother died when i was just a young girl, and now in her grave, his government is constructing another building to replace the destroyed towers, this should'nt be importance to me, anyway, I have followed in detail each step of this building and my tears in my eyes, I do not know what else to say, I just hope that you will not forget the heroes who died in that terrorist attack
heroes because my mom was one of them
adios
bye
pikachu100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 04:56 AM   #12200
pikachu100
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

I do not want to cause sadness in this forum, only i did not avoid expressing my feelings
pikachu100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center