daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 21st, 2009, 05:20 AM   #12221
WiGgLz01
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausie View Post
hey evryone. i've been working on the diagram, still not completely done but heres what i have done. i have to add the floors, floor no. important floors and functions.

if anyhting is missing please notify me and i will fix it asap. i need more updates beofre i can update the drawing. once office floors are started (mid january) updates should be alot more often
lol, nice. i noticed the esb is STRs paper model lol, and the measuring tape is reis
WiGgLz01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2009, 04:45 PM   #12222
Viperfreak2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 48

HD cam is frozen (I guess literally)

So what is the plan with snow all over the site? Do they shovel, de-ice, or wait for a thaw?
Viperfreak2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:57 PM   #12223
ABQ_X-PAT
A passion for Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 115

Not sure about NYC but the FAA has killed or limited building heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
lol the FFA isn't the reason why theirs no 2000 foot buildings in NYC. And that limit only works if theres a airport around. NIMBA kills buildings in New York. Name one building here killed by the FAA.
Not sure about NYC but the FAA has killed or limited building heights in other areas... A supertall in Las Vegas and another in Nashville if memory serves correct...

NIMBY's (Not In My Backyard) do kill many building though... Will NYC ever have a Burg Dubai type building? Who knows? La Guardia does have flight paths over Manhattan so the FAA will have a say... we shall see if a exception to the 2,000 foot rule is ever applied for...

My two cents!

BTW... back on topic... that steel sure has given Freedom Tower some personality in a short period of time!
ABQ_X-PAT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:27 PM   #12224
Pablitisimo Maximo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomtoren View Post
I want you to learn the story of this man, Bohdan Chmielnicki. "The main reflector array, it can do anything!" he said. "What de fack" "What is who doing in where" He was a proud man, and he enjoyed eating polish people. He was a cossack and weighed over 25,000 tons (including his counterweight) according to the most recent USGS surveys. If he came to the third floor of the Freedom Tower, the 24 permiter columbs would not withstand his weight. "Uuuuopokay" "ummm,mmmm" you could always heare strange noises coming out of his belly.
Pablitisimo Maximo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:36 PM   #12225
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ_X-PAT View Post
Not sure about NYC but the FAA has killed or limited building heights in other areas... A supertall in Las Vegas and another in Nashville if memory serves correct...

NIMBY's (Not In My Backyard) do kill many building though... Will NYC ever have a Burg Dubai type building? Who knows? La Guardia does have flight paths over Manhattan so the FAA will have a say... we shall see if a exception to the 2,000 foot rule is ever applied for...

My two cents!

BTW... back on topic... that steel sure has given Freedom Tower some personality in a short period of time!
Yeah FFA kills buildings but not in NYC thats my point. Build a 2000 footer in the middle of nowhere, the FAA couldn't do shit about. Who'd do that I would to make a point. And it's like I said, name one building killed by the FAA in New York. I bet you won't find one. I'm get back on topic.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 12:02 AM   #12226
BiggieSmalls

Likes (Received): 2

morrongiello back in action
http://www.flickr.com/photos/morrongiello/

image hosted on flickr
BiggieSmalls no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 12:29 AM   #12227
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Quote:
Mods where getting hit with bulk spam. Where are you when need you. This jackass is kill space
Calm down. If no one reports the posts it's hard for the mods to find out. I just read this page by coincidence. I'm on it and he will be banned.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:02 AM   #12228
kingsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
Calm down. If no one reports the posts it's hard for the mods to find out. I just read this page by coincidence. I'm on it and he will be banned.
LOL what makes you thank I'm not calm.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:37 AM   #12229
VRS

Likes (Received): 11520

can see so many activity construction on that picture...4 cranes its working for 1 tower..
VRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 04:51 AM   #12230
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Quote:
LOL what makes you thank I'm not calm.
'Where are the moderators when you need them'. I honestly think that's bullshit because I took a look in this thread 5 minutes later. If you want moderators to be faster > report posts.

Enough about this, keep it on topic.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:48 AM   #12231
kingsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
'Where are the moderators when you need them'. I honestly think that's bullshit because I took a look in this thread 5 minutes later. If you want moderators to be faster > report posts.

Enough about this, keep it on topic.
Lighting up man you shouldn't take it personal. You took care of it that's all that matters. Today seems like a day off forever body with all this snow. Tomorrow a new day. Winds should be calmer but you never know in manhattan.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:34 PM   #12232
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

South core tower crane has jumped! Pictures by GreenwichBoy, WNY, 12-22-09.

spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:52 PM   #12233
Blascozgz1
Aragon!!!!

Likes (Received): 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
South core tower crane has jumped! Pictures by GreenwichBoy, WNY, 12-22-09.

Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:07 PM   #12234
Kurtin

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieSmalls View Post
morrongiello back in action
http://www.flickr.com/photos/morrongiello/

image hosted on flickr
This got me thinking. Is there any rendering of the New WTC Complex with snow? I wonder how it would look like.
Kurtin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 01:12 AM   #12235
roro987
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

nice photos
roro987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:30 AM   #12236
comet the cat
Too tall is not an option

Likes (Received): 85

great progress! when will it surpass the empire state building?
comet the cat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 01:07 PM   #12237
Ønland
BANNED

Likes (Received): 12

amazing
Ønland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 01:40 PM   #12238
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Is the Freedom tower the very last building being part of 1 WTC development to get built?
Old December 23rd, 2009, 01:58 PM   #12239
ausie
BANNED

Likes (Received): 28

^? i don't quite know what you mean but one world trade centre aka freedom tower is the second building of the world trade centre to be built as the 7wtc building was already completed in 2006 i think. unless one of the smaller buildings of the world trade centre gets constructed faster than the freedom tower/1wtc it will be the second building in the complex to be built. incase you don't know but the freedom tower is part of a planned memorial for the 9/11 terrorist attacks and will be replacing the old world trade centre buildings/twin tower which were destroyed in the 9/11 terrorist attacks. i hope i explained it enough
ausie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 02:10 PM   #12240
ausie
BANNED

Likes (Received): 28

@comet the cat if it is going to open by 2012 then it should surpass the empire state building's mast by about march 2011 and then surpass the esb antenna by june-september of 2011 depending on how long it take to raise the spire

all this is very rough estimates and are all depending on the fact that this tower does not go onhold at all or for very long and that the opening date is schedueled in early 2012 some time
ausie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center