daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 27th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #12721
boss-ton

Likes (Received): 183

Does anyone know what type of security the underground section is going to have because in 93' they bombed the underground part of the old wtc and I would absolutely hate for these people to bomb the new one underground in the mall or memorial. It wouldnt surprise me if once this is finished its even more of a target than before so their definately gonna need to have bomb sniffing dogs patrolling constantly and maybe even more than that which is sad. I really hope they have a good gameplan for the security, which they probally do because it is in fact the wtc.
boss-ton no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #12722
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-ton View Post
Does anyone know what type of security the underground section is going to have because in 93' they bombed the underground part of the old wtc and I would absolutely hate for these people to bomb the new one underground in the mall or memorial. It wouldnt surprise me if once this is finished its even more of a target than before so their definately gonna need to have bomb sniffing dogs patrolling constantly and maybe even more than that which is sad. I really hope they have a good gameplan for the security, which they probally do because it is in fact the wtc.
The Vechicle Security Center "should" alleviate any threat of underground car bombs. The PA anticipates the VSC will inspect 2,000 delivery trucks and buses everyday. Of course that doesn't stop a car bomb from ramming into the lower podium. But thats the job of the blast wall. Also the podium glass is to be of a special design as well. Nothing is fool proof however.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #12723
mindgoessnap

Likes (Received): 43

Big news regarding the arbitration between Silverstein and The PA:

http://www.wtc.com/news/statement-by...ation-decision
mindgoessnap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 10:57 PM   #12724
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學

Likes (Received): 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindgoessnap View Post

sounds good, hopefully they will begin with the construction of 2WTC & 3WTC soon. they MUST work together, it's the only possibility for a fast progress.

here's the new york times article: NYT

Last edited by HK999; January 27th, 2010 at 11:03 PM.
HK999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 11:09 PM   #12725
spectre000

I'm glad to see both sides are fairly happy with the arbitration panels decisions. Now we have 45 days to see what kind of plan SP and the PA can put together and get 2 and 3WTC started.
Old January 27th, 2010, 11:33 PM   #12726
Rockmont

Likes (Received): 29

No, Excuses! Due to the special circumstances here, it should be treated with special priorities.
Rockmont no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 12:14 AM   #12727
Zensteeldude

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
The Vechicle Security Center "should" alleviate any threat of underground car bombs. The PA anticipates the VSC will inspect 2,000 delivery trucks and buses everyday. Of course that doesn't stop a car bomb from ramming into the lower podium. But thats the job of the blast wall. Also the podium glass is to be of a special design as well. Nothing is fool proof however.
I doubt anything short of a tank is capable of smashing through the plate bollards that well surround the building.

Old joke: Two scientist friends meet for lunch. One says to the other "I just invented a device that well make anything fool proof !" And the other one says "That's great, but I have some bad news, I just invented a better fool !"

Last edited by Zensteeldude; January 28th, 2010 at 01:14 AM.
Zensteeldude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #12728
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

You guys must be reading a different report than I am! I don't see where this report says anything. It says they should work together. They've been doing that and have gotten nowhere. What makes you think the results are going to be any different just because the arbitration panel told them to work things out?

The only way anything is ever going to happen is if a court orders it!
Old January 28th, 2010, 01:09 AM   #12729
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10121

i havnet updated for a while,. is this right?
image hosted on flickr

Zaz965 liked this post
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 01:15 AM   #12730
Zensteeldude

Likes (Received): 11

Your floor numbering is off. Other than that, cool.

13' 4" = 3.9624 m office floor to floor measurment.

186' 8" = 56.6928 m hight of the base.

205 ' square = 62.484 m the over all footprint of the tower. (200' is the column centers)

1776 ' = 541.324 m over all hight.

Oh, I just noticed, there are 69 office floors. (88-19=69)

Last edited by Zensteeldude; January 28th, 2010 at 01:37 AM.
Zensteeldude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 01:50 AM   #12731
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10121

thanks
Old January 28th, 2010, 02:22 AM   #12732
xdexina
Dex for friends

Likes (Received): 38

Nice progress... between there is a video of the Calatrava path station...
i like it... very much...http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2009/05...#ixzz0d5hzkoGv
xdexina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 02:57 AM   #12733
MichiganWolverine
Go Blue

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
You guys must be reading a different report than I am! I don't see where this report says anything. It says they should work together. They've been doing that and have gotten nowhere. What makes you think the results are going to be any different just because the arbitration panel told them to work things out?

The only way anything is ever going to happen is if a court orders it!
Isn't arbitration legally binding though?
MichiganWolverine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 03:18 AM   #12734
RKOwens44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindgoessnap View Post

WTF? This is terrible news. It basically allows Silverstein to continue delaying for as long as he wants with no consequences for doing so. The first of the four rulings just says that they "should" (their word) come up with a new schedule within 45 days. The second ruling was a denial for Silverstein to have to move forward with all three towers immediately. The third ruling denied the right of the Port Authority to take over the three towers if Silverstein falls behind their scheduled completion date, and the fourth ruling was just that other issues were deferred to a later date to be ruled on! WTF???? Nothing in the way of progress came out of this ruling whatsoever!

I have been following the rebuilding since April 2007. I have constantly tried to explain to those who say "This is taking too long" the reasons and to assure them that construction will begin soon. But even I have lost all patience with this insanity. This IS taking way too long. No more being in denial or apologizing for Silverstein. On the 8 year anniversary, I stood at bedrock in the footprints of T2 and T3 and tried to come up with the most positive outlook possible, saying that if construction began tomorrow, the towers would be at street level for the 9 year anniversary and around 50 stories tall for the 10th anniversary. This arbitration decision was our last hope for the towers to be above street level in time for the tenth anniversary. The way things look now, I'd be surprised if they were even at STREET LEVEL in time for the 10th anniversary. Unthinkable.
Old January 28th, 2010, 04:07 AM   #12735
spectre000

Your post is a bit harsh towards Silverstein. It's not like he wants to delay building 2-4WTC. He isn't able to find financing to pay for the towers. And there are no major tenants seeking the kind of leases for him to acquire financing. I've read somewhere that said he has little under a billion left over from the insurance payout.

If the PA had finished clearing the eastern bathtub maybe Silverstein could've landed the construction loans to build his towers a couple years ago. It's not his fault the economy went to shit.

If he had $6+ billion laying around, he'd build the towers. He doesn't, and no one will lend him the money to rebuild.

I find it also ironic that the PA says it doesn't want to get in the business of paying for speculative office towers. Well, what the hell do you call 1WTC!? The original twin towers were spec office buildings too.

Last edited by spectre000; January 28th, 2010 at 06:36 AM.
Old January 28th, 2010, 04:08 AM   #12736
spectre000

By ZippyTheChimp, WNY, today.

Old January 28th, 2010, 04:22 AM   #12737
Trasokinski
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

This building is awesome. IT will definately be a nice addition to the skyline and it will be a new symbol of modernity for Ny.
Trasokinski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:31 AM   #12738
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

When I started watching the site the only had one project. That was back in 2004. I was only thinking one at the time, I be happy with two. If they need to x out one tower, I'd be fine with that as well. They should have thought about building two of the same buildings, and shorting the rest. Sliverstein should rethink his plans two stumps or twin towers. But thats only a dream I'll 1wtc and 4wtc. But if they don't build the others, they might want to think about changing tower 4 name just a thought.
Old January 28th, 2010, 07:27 AM   #12739
KyleGordon

Wow they got some progress...since the web cam worked.
KyleGordon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 11:17 AM   #12740
VRS

Likes (Received): 11519

great up date....
VRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center