daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 20th, 2010, 03:13 AM   #13061
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Bloomy right the hole thing is slow as hell. There two towers underconstruction and one tower already finish. But let's face it its been 9 years. But I'm happy with this tower progress. The base is finish yay time pick the pace up to the next level.

Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #13062
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

By GreenwichBoy, WNY, 2-20-10.

spectre000 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #13063
spectre000

by ZippyTheChimp, WNY.

Old February 20th, 2010, 06:08 PM   #13064
Bonngo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Developer Larry Silverstein Proposes New Plan for Ground Zero
by Matthew Schuerman
NEW YORK, NY February 19, 2010 —Negotiations are resuming over when and what to build at Ground Zero.

A source familiar with the negotiations says developer Larry Silverstein wants to focus all of his money on the two smallest towers proposed for the site, and push off indefinitely the construction of the third and tallest tower. But in return, he wants the Port Authority to guarantee the loans he'll take out.

In his weekly radio interview on WOR, Bloomberg says it's a "rational plan" and the Port Authority should come back with a counteroffer.

"They cannot leave a hole in the ground down where this development took place and slow down development in all of Manhattan," the mayor says.

Port Authority spokesman Steve Sigmund says Silverstein's latest offer still amounts to a public bailout but the Port Authority intends to make a counter-offer. He says the only part of the site that's not moving forward are the developer's office towers.

An arbitration panel threw out much of the 2006 agreement that forced Silverstein to finish his three office towers by 2014. The decision set a March 12th deadline to renegotiate the arrangement under which Silverstein is leasing the development rights from the Port Authority. Since Silverstein is having a hard time financing them, he wants the Port Authority to guarantee loans for the two smaller ones and build the third whenever there's enough demand for office space.

The Port Authority is building One World Trade Center, which was formerly known as the Freedom Tower, as well as a new transit hub. It's also managing construction for the September 11 memorial.
http://www.wnyc.org/news/articles/150503
Bonngo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #13065
GreenPeas
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

BORING!
GreenPeas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #13066
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

How small will both towers be? I hope only few floors shorter as long as they're still supertalls.
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #13067
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyAboutCities View Post
How small will both towers be? I hope only few floors shorter as long as they're still supertalls.
Nothing is being changed at this point. The only difference between today and a few weeks ago is that Tower 3 is now going to be built before Tower 2.

Which sucks for me since Tower 2 is my favorite.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #13068
Bonngo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyAboutCities View Post
Which towers? Towers 3 and 4?
Old February 20th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #13069
DesignerVoodoo

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonngo View Post
Which towers? Towers 3 and 4?
I wish you ladies would read the articles posted and stop freaking out.
Old February 20th, 2010, 08:39 PM   #13070
Bonngo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignerVoodoo View Post
I wish you ladies would read the articles posted and stop freaking out.
I posted the article, I know what it says. I was wondering towers he was talking about.

Last edited by Bonngo; February 20th, 2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old February 20th, 2010, 08:54 PM   #13071
RKOwens44

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
Nothing is being changed at this point. The only difference between today and a few weeks ago is that Tower 3 is now going to be built before Tower 2.

Which sucks for me since Tower 2 is my favorite.
I felt the same way since Tower 2 is definitely better than Tower 3, but if you think for a minute about the practicality of it instead of which tower looks better, it does make much more sense for them to build Tower 3 first. Tower 2 is isolated to one corner of the site with roads completely encircling it, whereas Tower 3 is located directly between (almost squashed between) two major parts of the site which are on schedule for completion, Tower 4 and the transportation hub.

Imagine if they built T2, the hub, and T4 first. 5 years from now you would have tens of thousands of people moving through the area and working in T4, except right in the middle you would have a huge, mega construction site for T3 as it finally starts construction. For people working in T4, this would be an unbearable disturbance as a new tower goes up just 50 feet away from your office floor. There would be almost no staging area whatsoever for all the cranes and trucks needed to build T3. There would also be no underground linkage for the pedestrians and trucks heading to loading docks for 1WTC. If they build T3 now and put T2 off, then once they finally do start building T2, it will be less of a disturbance to any nearby office buildings, they will have a much larger staging area for construction, and have better underground linkage.
Old February 20th, 2010, 08:59 PM   #13072
spectre000

I agree with everything you said. But I do like the symmetry of 1, 2, and 4WTC each occupying a corner of the WTC site. 3WTC is kinda squished in there. I just hope the PA will help out with at least two of Silverstein's tower instead of just 4WTC.
Old February 20th, 2010, 09:56 PM   #13073
westmc9th
NYC=Amazing

Likes (Received): 6

Looks like they have finished all the main steel for the south pool! The next level of steel is going up at tower 4! The base is finished for tower 1! Crane jumps soon! Other cranes will be leaving us! Doesnt sound slow to me!
westmc9th no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #13074
FerrariEnzo

Likes (Received): 9

Bloomberg just shifted $5 billion dollars from his buddies Equity firm... why not bank roll these towers partially himself? I don't think NYC citizenry would begrudge him at this point, as long as the job gets done. (his total fortune is $16 billion, richest man in the city)
Mega International resides on that level.
FerrariEnzo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 10:28 PM   #13075
egramsb

Likes (Received): 391

Wow! That's! Six! Exclamation! Marks! In! Just! Two! Lines! Of! Text! But! Yeah! I! Can! Still! Do! Better!
edit: Ferrari came in between, this is about westmc9th's post
Old February 20th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #13076
Zensteeldude

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
Bloomberg just shifted $5 billion dollars from his buddies Equity firm... why not bank roll these towers partially himself? I don't think NYC citizenry would begrudge him at this point, as long as the job gets done. (his total fortune is $16 billion, richest man in the city)
If I am not mistaken Bloomberg bought quite a few Liberty Bonds so he is partly bankrolling the towers.
Zensteeldude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 10:42 PM   #13077
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by egramsb View Post
Wow! That's! Six! Exclamation! Marks! In! Just! Two! Lines! Of! Text! But! Yeah! I! Can! Still! Do! Better!
edit: Ferrari came in between, this is about westmc9th's post
more like annoying

anyway chu chu train appeared...

webeagle12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 10:47 PM   #13078
spectre000

Quote:
Originally Posted by westmc9th View Post
Looks like they have finished all the main steel for the south pool! The next level of steel is going up at tower 4! The base is finished for tower 1! Crane jumps soon! Other cranes will be leaving us! Doesnt sound slow to me!
I not ashamed to say that seeing all the steel in place in the south pool just made my weekend! Finally!

As wonderful as it is to see 1WTC more or less on schedule, realize that the 18000 crane was supposed to be in the east bathtub by the end of 2009. The PATH hub is probably 1-2 years behind schedule. The Deutsch Bank building just had a work stoppage due to electrical fire issues this week. A WNY forumer whose involved in the construction reported work on the VSC halted due to payroll problems.

In the back of my mind I know the odds of the PA and Silverstein meeting the 2008 timeline is not gonna happen.
Old February 20th, 2010, 10:57 PM   #13079
Zensteeldude

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by webeagle12 View Post
more like annoying

anyway chu chu train appeared...

That reminds me, RRC Inc. won a contract to build 10 work train flat cars to be used on the PATH for construction.
Zensteeldude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 11:05 PM   #13080
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKOwens44 View Post
I felt the same way since Tower 2 is definitely better than Tower 3, but if you think for a minute about the practicality of it instead of which tower looks better, it does make much more sense for them to build Tower 3 first. Tower 2 is isolated to one corner of the site with roads completely encircling it, whereas Tower 3 is located directly between (almost squashed between) two major parts of the site which are on schedule for completion, Tower 4 and the transportation hub.

Imagine if they built T2, the hub, and T4 first. 5 years from now you would have tens of thousands of people moving through the area and working in T4, except right in the middle you would have a huge, mega construction site for T3 as it finally starts construction. For people working in T4, this would be an unbearable disturbance as a new tower goes up just 50 feet away from your office floor. There would be almost no staging area whatsoever for all the cranes and trucks needed to build T3. There would also be no underground linkage for the pedestrians and trucks heading to loading docks for 1WTC. If they build T3 now and put T2 off, then once they finally do start building T2, it will be less of a disturbance to any nearby office buildings, they will have a much larger staging area for construction, and have better underground linkage.
All good points. As long as the current design for T2 gets built in the next decade I can't complain.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center