daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 23rd, 2010, 11:13 PM   #13141
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2010, 11:39 PM   #13142
kon133

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post

from forum.skyscraperpage.com

Old February 24th, 2010, 12:10 AM   #13143
AHundredStories

Likes (Received): 0

I cannot wait until this is built. It looks incredible.
AHundredStories no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 01:36 AM   #13144
MayorCallaghan
Dat Glass

Likes (Received): 1

Does anyone know the significance of the layout of trees? I noticed that there are quite a few areas without any foliage.
Old February 24th, 2010, 01:43 AM   #13145
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest89 View Post
The completion dates in this picture I found may not be accurate as they vary and change, so if wrong I do apologize in advance for that.

Here is a layout of which building goes where:
I'd add one to two years to all those dates.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:04 AM   #13146
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 16995

I think the Train Station is placed wrong? Its on the other side of the property form the Temp one and i think the Temp is going to become the permeant one , at least the location.
Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:15 AM   #13147
RKOwens44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorCallaghan View Post
Does anyone know the significance of the layout of trees? I noticed that there are quite a few areas without any foliage.
The northeast corner of the memorial plaza will be mostly open with no trees and a cobblestone floor, to allow a space for anniversary events to be held (for a stage, bleachers, things like that). There will also be a smaller opening in the trees near the southwest corner. Look at the renderings for a better idea of the openings, that model is just a model.

Also I did notice in the model though that the corners of the memorial pools are chamfered.
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:32 AM   #13148
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

[QUOTE=boss-ton;52364749]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post

the new jersey side aka the side facing new jersey u idiot that just needs to throw in your wrong 2 cents. Also I never said it wasnt going to be in lower manhattan I said thats why its at that site in lower manhattan and not at a different one because they had to find a site to locate in the beginning and ended up moving all of those radio businesses.
No your wrong they build it there because it was the only place to building it. And the Pa runs WTC because once upon a time it was on the port edge of the harbor. Ok that part might not be true but it sounds good. Oh nobody cares about Jersey. And nothing I said was wrong I just finish what you half ass started. That's all but anyway those models look much better then the once 60 minutes used LOL.
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:36 AM   #13149
VRS

Likes (Received): 11521

what a big project....probably when finish,the museum also memorial WTC will be object tourism in NY...
VRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:36 AM   #13150
Zensteeldude

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorCallaghan View Post
The slab you see in the pic is about 6 feet below the level of the Plaza. The hatches well be buried under about a foot of soil and grass. I just hope some idiot doesn't plant a tree on top of them.

Copied and pasted from another forum I am a member of.
Zensteeldude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:39 AM   #13151
kingsc

oh I really like the fact that you can see how tall tower 1 has gotta in those pics. For some reason, I keep thinking I'm going to see someone say we still have time to start over again, like they did last year I think it was on MSNBC but it was most likely Fox News.
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:46 AM   #13152
Zensteeldude

[QUOTE=kingsc;52414889]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-ton View Post

No your wrong they build it there because it was the only place to building it. And the Pa runs WTC because once upon a time it was on the port edge of the harbor. Ok that part might not be true but it sounds good. Oh nobody cares about Jersey. And nothing I said was wrong I just finish what you half ass started. That's all but anyway those models look much better then the once 60 minutes used LOL.
The original plan was to build it over the approach tracks to Penn Station on the west side Mid Town, but New Jersey screamed to holy hell for good reason.

Giving away my age again.
Old February 24th, 2010, 04:25 AM   #13153
kingsc

yeah zen your old if you were around for that one LOL. They need to take it away from the PA it world trade doesn't make much since to me in the first place. They just need to give it up
Old February 24th, 2010, 04:36 AM   #13154
Zensteeldude

HEY, I'm not that old !! Born in '62. I'm just good at research.
Old February 24th, 2010, 06:14 AM   #13155
QuarterMileSidewalk
Laissez-Faire Forever!

Any of you who are truly interested in the history of the former WTC should read City in the Sky: the Rise and Fall of the World Trade Center, by New York Times reporters James Glanz and Eric Lipton. It's quite comprehensive about the pre-construction and construction stages, particularly. I highly recommend it.
QuarterMileSidewalk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:00 AM   #13156
boss-ton

Likes (Received): 184

[QUOTE=kingsc;52414889]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-ton View Post

My post wasn't my opinion on what I thought happened, it was based on facts that i personally researched and read myself. Your arguing against documented factual information.
boss-ton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #13157
Kurtin

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
There looks like there is enough room for a smaller building to be placed on the west side of 3WTC, in front of the proposed tower. Maybe another smaller building could be built there, possibly there return of the Marriott WTC, could name it 6WTC. Then when you think about it, there will be a building for each No. from 1WTC to 7WTC. One World Trade Center "Freedom Tower", Two World Trade Center "200 Greenwich Street", Three World Trade Center "175 Greenwich Street", Four World Trade Center "150 Greenwich Street", Five World Trade Center "130 Liberty Street", Six World Trade Center Marriott Hotel "Next to 175 Greenwich street", and Seven World Trade Center. Then you have the performing arts center of course next to One World Trade Center Plaza.

Time will tell.......
Kurtin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #13158
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtin View Post
There looks like there is enough room for a smaller building to be placed on the west side of 3WTC, in front of the proposed tower.
There is. It's the museum.

Old February 24th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #13159
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 415

Forget about any new steel this week, I pretty sure they not gonna get even get a current floor done. Some shitty weather going on every day this week.

Last edited by webeagle12; February 24th, 2010 at 08:38 PM.
webeagle12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #13160
RKOwens44

Quote:
Originally Posted by webeagle12 View Post
Forget about any new steel this week, I pretty sure they not gonna get even a current floor done. Some shitty weather going on every day this week.
Yeah I saw that. But considering the fact that when the last progress report came out and said that the base would be completed by the end of the first quarter of 2010 (end of March) everyone here was surprised that it would be completed that fast, and then shortly afterwards there was a quote by someone saying that it would be completed by the end of February and everyone thought that that was impossible and just wishful thinking, and THEN it turns out that they actually completed it by mid-February... I really can't complain that it can't continue construction for a few more days. They deserve a break.

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center