daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2007, 07:24 PM   #1401
mgk920
Nonhyphenated-American

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gendo Akari View Post
Well they sounded very intent on making Greenwich street extend through the site, pretty much since the beginning.
The lack of Greenwich St was one of the pretty much universally acknowledged flaws of the original WTC complex. The original 7 WTC was a big-time view 'block' on Greenwich from the north and the new 7 WTC corrected that. The new Tower 7 sits on a smaller footprint, allowing that block of Greenwich St to be restored, but makes up for it in its greater height.

I agree with the restoration of the street through the site.

Mike
mgk920 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:39 PM   #1402
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6562

Carlos, when you'll take pics next time from the ground zero can u try to take a pic from that angle? something is growing behing the steel girders as i can see on the webcam
image hosted on flickr

pic is from Juny 24th btw..
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #1403
DUBAI2015
O SHIZL GZNGARR

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyNY View Post

They will soon release a new render of the WTC site which should include minor adjustments to the towers and the addition of tower 5.
When is soon and how do you know?
Last edited by DUBAI2015 : Tomorrow at 04:09 PM. Reason: This is my signature!
DUBAI2015 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2007, 11:20 PM   #1404
Escoto_Dubai2008
Dubai, 21st Century City

Likes (Received): 432

I don't any diference, the haven't advance a lot in the construction.

Mis Blogs

!Somos seres humanos,....! !Nuestras vidas tienen valor!
Escoto_Dubai2008 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 02:32 AM   #1405
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

Average ignorance. I wonder when those new renderings will come out. How'd you hear about them? A news article? I hear "wings" were added to T2 and other stuff like a massive screen in the T3 lobby, plus a lot of other changes.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 02:34 AM   #1406
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007...in_coma-1.html
3 workers hurt at WTC site; 1 in coma

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, July 5th 2007, 4:00 AM

Three construction workers have been hurt in Ground Zero accidents in recent months, one so seriously that he remains in a coma, officials overseeing the site say. A 26-year-old man who works for Kiewit/Trevi Icos JV was seriously injured on May 22 when a hose pumping material into a retaining wall broke loose and hit him in the head and on the upper torso, officials said. The worker was still in a coma yesterday, said John McCarthy, spokesman for the Port Authority, which owns the 16-acre World Trade Center site. In addition, a Port Authority employee fell off a ladder on June 25 and hurt his hand while working on the eastern edge of the site, and an ironworker tripped and broke his ankle on June 22 during work on the new transit hub, said Steve Plate, the agency's director of priority capital programs.

The Associated Press
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:07 AM   #1407
Ebola
BANNED

Wow, I can't believe it, Tal. All construction has been permanently halted and it doesn't seem like we'll see anything at all happen for another few years. The workers and managers are all striking, the insurance companies don't plan to pay anything, and the developer has just cancelled his 3 towers. The PA says it will downsize 1WTC to a 40-story office buidling because of fiscal problems.
Old July 6th, 2007, 07:13 PM   #1408
rogerick1970
BANNED

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
Wow, I can't believe it, Tal. All construction has been permanently halted and it doesn't seem like we'll see anything at all happen for another few years. The workers and managers are all striking, the insurance companies don't plan to pay anything, and the developer has just cancelled his 3 towers. The PA says it will downsize 1WTC to a 40-story office buidling because of fiscal problems.
Please tel me you are joking
rogerick1970 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:20 PM   #1409
devilsadvocate

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Where did you get that information?? newspaper?
Is it confirmed?
devilsadvocate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #1410
philvia

Likes (Received): 33

~_~ it's obviously a joke.
philvia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:54 PM   #1411
Tag_one

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
even worse, they're are planning to cancel the FT and the momorial. because of financial problems they're planning to turn the place into a lake. reconstruction of the subway and the path station is expected to start in the summer of 2009. the lake is expected to be finnished in 2011.
Tag_one no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 09:34 PM   #1412
Green Jello

Likes (Received): 23

The WTC Construction Video Project

Quote:
High Res Version:
640x480
Updated through 7/6
Old July 6th, 2007, 11:08 PM   #1413
Ebola
BANNED

Yep, we must have been insane to think that a dying nation like America and an ancient city like NY could ever complete pojects of this extreme magnitude. It's obviously time to demolish the slurry walls and let the Hudson River flood the construction site because nothing's going to happen for at least three decades.
Old July 6th, 2007, 11:09 PM   #1414
Sentient Seas
Industrial Twilight

Likes (Received): 42

This thing will be a damn monster.
Old July 7th, 2007, 12:10 AM   #1415
devilsadvocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag_one View Post
even worse, they're are planning to cancel the FT and the momorial. because of financial problems they're planning to turn the place into a lake. reconstruction of the subway and the path station is expected to start in the summer of 2009. the lake is expected to be finnished in 2011.
Think it is a joke...
a lake... alright, just put out all machines and fill some water in it and plant some trees..... you better should have created a better hoax...
Old July 7th, 2007, 03:09 AM   #1416
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
Where did you get that information?? newspaper?
Is it confirmed?
That article that I posted was from the Associated Press on the Daily News. It doesn't state anything on construction being halted, though it should be for that. Either way, I am just the messenger when it comes to these articles. Anyone who has a problem with those articles should either email the person who wrote or send a letter to the editor rather than take their anger out on me just for placing it here.
Old July 7th, 2007, 04:25 AM   #1417
AG

Likes (Received): 545

Quote:
Yep, we must have been insane to think that a dying nation like America and an ancient city like NY could ever complete pojects of this extreme magnitude. It's obviously time to demolish the slurry walls and let the Hudson River flood the construction site because nothing's going to happen for at least three decades.
Why such pessimism? New York has done great things in the past to get to where it is today and continues to strive. It can surely continue to do more great things and complete more large projects like this one and the Second Avenue subway line.
AG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2007, 06:54 AM   #1418
mudvayneimn
Evry City Nds a Blk Box!

Likes (Received): 17

AG, It's all sarcasm lol.

Tal, no ones taking their "anger" out on you.

For everyone one else that hasn't figured it out, the talk about everything being halted at the WTC was a joke.
mudvayneimn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:18 AM   #1419
devilsadvocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalB View Post
That article that I posted was from the Associated Press on the Daily News. It doesn't state anything on construction being halted, though it should be for that. Either way, I am just the messenger when it comes to these articles. Anyone who has a problem with those articles should either email the person who wrote or send a letter to the editor rather than take their anger out on me just for placing it here.
Is it available online?
Old July 7th, 2007, 12:32 PM   #1420
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentient Seas View Post
This thing will be a damn monster.
as big as the old Towers.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center