daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 9th, 2010, 04:44 AM   #14241
Glidescube

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrazor650 View Post
those building will last for 75 years not 250
True.

Look at how over built the new WTC simply is. Asian building are made from reinforced concrete and are not subject to the sharpest and strictest building codes in the the world.
Glidescube no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:07 AM   #14242
hellrazor650

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidescube View Post
True.

Look at how over built the new WTC simply is. Asian building are made from reinforced concrete and are not subject to the sharpest and strictest building codes in the the world.
well then they will have to do it over again sometime in the future. i hate to think of the possibility of it, but if there is ever an attack on WTC 1 i think it will survive it
hellrazor650 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:33 AM   #14243
redbaron_012

Likes (Received): 3095

I accept the New WTC is being built and when complete will be a magnificent complex with the towers and memorials etc.....but with so many cities around the world having supertalls many modern skylines are pretty generic. The Twin Towers sure said New York Internationally...no where else ! Distant views showed how dominant the Twin Towers were......truly iconic! Time will tell for the new WTC......that's all it takes...just time !
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #14244
Jagoda
Capital of culture 2016

Likes (Received): 92

Was it? (from SSP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktown718
Jagoda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #14245
Vormek
Scarface

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrazor650 View Post
well then they will have to do it over again sometime in the future. i hate to think of the possibility of it, but if there is ever an attack on WTC 1 i think it will survive it
I'm not trying to start a debate or something but are you kidding me? Some people are really blind. NEVER before in history has a building collapsed because of an airplane flying right in it. A B-52 bomber plane, lost in the fog, flew right into the ESB. Many people died but the building didn't collapse. And ESB was built a long time ago and it could still stand. A B-52 plane is quite big. Not as big as the ones who flew into the WTC but it's big!

Another example: A 50 story building in 2004 was struck by an airplane and the skyscraper was BURNING for 24 HOURS and it didn't collapse. WTC was burning for an hour more or less. Once again... NEVER BEFORE IN HISTORY has a building collapsed because of a fire or an airplane flying into it.
Just ask some people who witnessed the attack. THOUSANDS of people heard several bombs going off in the building and days before the attack, all the bomb dogs were removed.

If you see the WTC attack as a terrorist attack you ARE blind! If you don't think the government would do such a thing you are mistaken. They do stuff like that all the time. Remember Pearl Harbor? The government ADMITTED that they knew the attack would happen but they didn't mention a word. Why? Because they wanted a reason to join the war.
Do you really think some dudes in the middle east would say... "Let's fly a plane right into the WTC. Perhaps USA will start a war against us and maybe we could have some fun. We won't profit anything from this but what the heck... it's war and war is fun."

That's stupid! OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE! Quote from the rapper Immortal Technique in his song Cause of Death.
" I was watching the towers, and though I wasn't the closest I saw them crumble to the earth like they were full of explosives. And they thought nobody noticed, the news report that they did, about the bombs planted on the George Washington Bridge. "
Vormek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:32 PM   #14246
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

This is not the time and place for this kind of discussion, so cut it out before people spend pages and mine and other forumers nerves...
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #14247
DXBQuantum

Location: From - London, Work - Dubai, Ski - Colorado, Fly - New Zealand
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormek View Post
I'm not trying to start a debate or something but are you kidding me? Some people are really blind. NEVER before in history has a building collapsed because of an airplane flying right in it. A B-52 bomber plane, lost in the fog, flew right into the ESB. Many people died but the building didn't collapse. And ESB was built a long time ago and it could still stand. A B-52 plane is quite big. Not as big as the ones who flew into the WTC but it's big!

Another example: A 50 story building in 2004 was struck by an airplane and the skyscraper was BURNING for 24 HOURS and it didn't collapse. WTC was burning for an hour more or less. Once again... NEVER BEFORE IN HISTORY has a building collapsed because of a fire or an airplane flying into it.
Just ask some people who witnessed the attack. THOUSANDS of people heard several bombs going off in the building and days before the attack, all the bomb dogs were removed.

If you see the WTC attack as a terrorist attack you ARE blind! If you don't think the government would do such a thing you are mistaken. They do stuff like that all the time. Remember Pearl Harbor? The government ADMITTED that they knew the attack would happen but they didn't mention a word. Why? Because they wanted a reason to join the war.
Do you really think some dudes in the middle east would say... "Let's fly a plane right into the WTC. Perhaps USA will start a war against us and maybe we could have some fun. We won't profit anything from this but what the heck... it's war and war is fun."

That's stupid! OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE! Quote from the rapper Immortal Technique in his song Cause of Death.
" I was watching the towers, and though I wasn't the closest I saw them crumble to the earth like they were full of explosives. And they thought nobody noticed, the news report that they did, about the bombs planted on the George Washington Bridge. "
Completely off topic but;

1. I agree with you.
2. It was a B-25 not a B-52
3. Immortal Technique is awesome.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
Leonardo da Vinci

Last edited by DXBQuantum; May 9th, 2010 at 02:59 PM.
DXBQuantum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #14248
destere

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:

Shows how much you know. B52's didn't even exist then. It was a B25, a completely different aircraft. Wouldn't make a dent in comparison to a B52.
destere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #14249
James.Kayn

Likes (Received): 0

i like the older towers much better, New York looks soo empty without them :/

James.Kayn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #14250
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:

What sounds more dignified to you: Conspiracy Theorist or Paranoid Schizophrenic?
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #14251
matthewcollin

"Preparing a building for a controlled demolition takes considerable time and effort.[72] The tower walls would have had to be opened on dozens of floors.[2] Thousands of pounds of explosives, fuses and ignition mechanisms would need to be sneaked past security and placed in the towers[2][73] without the tens of thousands of people working in the World Trade Center noticing.[1][43][72][73][74][75] Referring to a conversation with Stuart Vyse, a professor of psychology, an article in the Hartford Advocate asks, "How many hundreds of people would you need to acquire the explosives, plant them in the buildings, arrange for the airplanes to crash [...] and, perhaps most implausibly of all, never breathe a single word of this conspiracy?"[76]"

Sorry, I don't want to derail. Repeat to self: Do NOT feed the trolls, do NOT feed the trolls, do NOT...
matthewcollin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #14252
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

24 hour lockdown. Think again before you go offtopic here. This thread will be open again tomorrow morning US Mountain time.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #14253
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Offtopic troll list

Please don't go offtopic anymore.. Next lockdown will be 48 hours.

We are also gonna make an updated list of members that derailed this thread for everyone else to see. If you derail a thread twice, you'll be banned for 2 weeks, and trust me, I'm not bluffing.

List:

DXBQuantum;
hellrazor650;
matthewcollin;
Vormek;

If you are wondering why you are on this list, please don't reply in this thread but ask me in a pm. I will explain it to you.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 05:03 PM   #14254
DXBQuantum

Location: From - London, Work - Dubai, Ski - Colorado, Fly - New Zealand

Sorry.

Once this gets underway how many days will it take to complete a floor?

on Burj Khalifa at the best time they were doing a floor every 2-3 days. Will WTC go that fast?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
Leonardo da Vinci
DXBQuantum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #14255
Rise To The Top
Future CiE and Architect

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBQuantum View Post
Sorry.

Once this gets underway how many days will it take to complete a floor?

on Burj Khalifa at the best time they were doing a floor every 2-3 days. Will WTC go that fast?
Naw, won't go that fast. The fastest projected time to complete a floor is 2 floors every two weeks.
Rise To The Top no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #14256
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學

Likes (Received): 336

from yesterday

kz1000ps

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old May 10th, 2010, 09:47 PM   #14257
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學

Likes (Received): 336

bis news! for more detailed information see 2 and 3WTC threads.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...PeiNOIbiZjri9I

Progress on all WTC sites - at last.

A major milestone will be reached at Ground Zero next month when every project within the original World Trade Center site will be under construction -- a heartening leap forward for a venture that's been plagued by constant delays.
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #14258
Atmosphere
Live from the sky!

Likes (Received): 797

That's great news! But:

Quote:
Foundation work has already begun on Tower 3
Is this true? I mean they are stil digging? I don't see any foundation works or am I wrong?

Edit: Oh wait. I do see some concrete. Is that the foundation or just something else?
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:14 PM   #14259
mindgoessnap

Likes (Received): 43

I have a question: what are the big yellowish columns near the corner of 1WTC? I don't see any others on the site, and I don't know if they will be permanent or just temporary.

mindgoessnap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #14260
Viperfreak2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 48

Looks like they are pouring cement into the forms.
Viperfreak2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center