daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 7th, 2010, 10:47 AM   #15321
boss-ton

Likes (Received): 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11001001 View Post
WTC Is to New York what what the Shard is to London. Both represent something very special all be it for different reasons. It's nice to see some hight, one can only wait for the cladding. New York and London... The best city's in the world!
wrong
boss-ton no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2010, 01:51 PM   #15322
OldWorldResident

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
I think you are confusing this tower with the WTC memorial. This tower has no connection to any lives lost, it is just an office building.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11001001 View Post
I think you misinterpret what I have written. No one can forget the loss of live that happened 9 years ago, but I am talking about what the new tower's mean to the the cities they are been built in. Both represent something to be very proud off. The Shard once completed will be the tallest in European community, 1 WTC when completed, will be among the tallest buildings in the world and the tallest in the United States. This is my comparison.
The Shard is just a tall office tower. Maybe it represents the power of Great Britain or something like that, but that's all.

OneWTC is part of the WTC and its history. For that reason it will always be connected with the shocker of 9/11 and its impact to the american society and mankind.

You can't compare the meaning of OneWTC to any other buildings as you can't compare the 9/11 tragedy to any other tragedy.
OldWorldResident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2010, 01:06 AM   #15323
westmc9th
NYC=Amazing

Likes (Received): 6

a few from today

last night

westmc9th no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2010, 01:16 AM   #15324
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 16991

Some pictures i took yesterday. When i asked the guy at the info both when the project is supposed to be competed he said 2013-14 , when i asked when it was really going to be completed 2018-20 he had a serious face on. If you guys would ask the people who are working down there when it will completed you get the real completion dates. Tell them your a New Yorker / New Jerseyite because they seem to tell the tourists different.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2010, 01:47 AM   #15325
Draegen
I LIKE SKYSCRAPERS

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis View Post
Some pictures i took yesterday. When i asked the guy at the info both when the project is supposed to be competed he said 2013-14 , when i asked when it was really going to be completed 2018-20 he had a serious face on. If you guys would ask the people who are working down there when it will completed you get the real completion dates. Tell them your a New Yorker / New Jerseyite because they seem to tell the tourists different.
[/IMG]
I'm pretty sure the memorial and one wtc will all be completed in 2014 the only thing that might be completed in 2020 is 2 wtc and 3 wtc
Draegen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2010, 02:06 AM   #15326
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draegen View Post
I'm pretty sure the memorial and one wtc will all be completed in 2014 the only thing that might be completed in 2020 is 2 wtc and 3 wtc
Well i asked when 1 and the Transportation Center were going to be completed. I asked for the real date not the fake date as many ppl here seem to think it will be completed.
Old August 8th, 2010, 02:07 AM   #15327
TXSkyWatcher

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
we're not buying what your saling buddy, so give it a rest. Now where were we. The model needs to be upgraded. The ring around the spire should be change, it hasn't look like that in years.
I just ignore the theorists, truthers, etc....glad they have something to talk about but I ain't listenin'....p
TXSkyWatcher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2010, 02:12 AM   #15328
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:
Well i asked when 1 and the Transportation Center were going to be completed. I asked for the real date not the fake date as many ppl here seem to think it will be completed.
The various parties involved in this project can be fined up to $250,000 per day past the scheduled completion date. 1WTC will be finished and open by 2014, and the memorial far sooner.
Old August 8th, 2010, 02:17 AM   #15329
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Maybe they're referring to having all the floors fully built out. I doubt any of the tenants like Vantone or Conde Nast are going to be able to move in immediately in late 2013 or early 2014.

Doesn't matter to me. The most important date is when it will be open to the general public. I'm guessing second half of 2014 or early 2015 at the latest.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2010, 03:09 AM   #15330
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Thanks man, great update...It's nice to see it from diferent angles and diferent streets and positions...

Zaz965 liked this post
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2010, 05:05 AM   #15331
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaarkson View Post
The various parties involved in this project can be fined up to $250,000 per day past the scheduled completion date. 1WTC will be finished and open by 2014, and the memorial far sooner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
Maybe they're referring to having all the floors fully built out. I doubt any of the tenants like Vantone or Conde Nast are going to be able to move in immediately in late 2013 or early 2014.

Doesn't matter to me. The most important date is when it will be open to the general public. I'm guessing second half of 2014 or early 2015 at the latest.
To be honest i trust them more then any set date. They are working on or with the project. The Politics in this region are sure to inject there heads into this project sometime in the near future. Politics , Corruption , and money troubles show up form out of the blue. Here's a list of Regional Projects that have been affected by that , 2nd Avenue Subway , NJT's New Tunnel and Station Midtown , Amtrak's New Station in Midtown , 3 New or Upgraded Bridges to Staten Island , PATH Extension to EWR & 7th Avenue Subway extension. You may not believe me ,but thats how it works around here. Its very sad and Pathetic that we can't do the simplest of things and ontime / budget. 250k a day is chunk change in this region, that is nothing. Yes the Memorial will be done , but the rest of the site is up in the air in terms of completion dates. So i don't hold my breath on anything that is said around here , i take it with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
Thanks man, great update...It's nice to see it from diferent angles and diferent streets and positions...
Thankyou and heres 3 more form Jersey City.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

~Corey
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:24 AM   #15332
adam-albany

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
To be honest i trust them more then any set date. They are working on or with the project.
...and I would trust the contractors actually responsible for the project and with money on the line for completion over the lackey in the info booth. I'm sure he's not a bad guy, just sharing typical NYC cynicism, especially with the mess before the PA took over.
adam-albany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2010, 10:32 AM   #15333
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam-albany View Post
...and I would trust the contractors actually responsible for the project and with money on the line for completion over the lackey in the info booth. I'm sure he's not a bad guy, just sharing typical NYC cynicism, especially with the mess before the PA took over.
True but still , i don't think hes off. You know how it works in the NYC Region with Large Scale projects and Politics..... Theres always delays and like we have seen changes.
Old August 8th, 2010, 08:04 PM   #15334
Zensteeldude

Likes (Received): 11

I well consider the Tower finished and open when I can take my wife to dinner in the restaurant, or visit the observation deck.

I wouldn't be surprised if I could take her to dinner for her birthday, January 1st, 2014, or, at the latest she can take me to dinner on my BD, April 21st. (I wonder if it's too early to make reservations ?!?)

There well probably be alot of floors still undergoing tenant fit out at that time but the Tower well be finished and open.

Go to this website, click on the WTC Site tab and scroll down to almost the bottom of the page. ( The Transit Hall contracts are near the top of the page.)

http://www.panynj.gov/business-oppor...s-awarded.html

Do you really think all these company's are going to risk losing money on there contract due to late penalties because they didn't spend a little more money to get there contract finished on time ? Or worse, risk defaulting on there bonds !

http://www.attny.com/gci32djd.html (Some lite reading if anyone has trouble falling asleep at night)

The PA requires that company's provide performance bonds on any contract over $1 million. Only the largest company's can survive defaulting on a performance bond. (The work still gets done, by another company.)

Last edited by Zensteeldude; August 8th, 2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: expanding thoughts
Zensteeldude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:57 PM   #15335
Il trovatore
Chi cerca trova

Likes (Received): 364

hi guys!!

i found this interesting page on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wtcprogress/4730528272/

picture from the inside of the work.

bye from Italy
Il trovatore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:05 AM   #15336
econ_tim

Likes (Received): 100

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
econ_tim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:10 AM   #15337
Draegen
I LIKE SKYSCRAPERS

Likes (Received): 44

Any idea what those window like things are?
Draegen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:12 AM   #15338
SmithDevelopment
Mr

Likes (Received): 0

thats really cool!
thanks for sharing
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:26 AM   #15339
VRS

Likes (Received): 11519

very nice up date picture...
VRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 05:22 AM   #15340
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by econ_tim View Post
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
What the hell is that?

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center