daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 18th, 2010, 07:20 PM   #16921
Rise To The Top
Future CiE and Architect

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
Deutsche Bank deconstruction...

After that, we'll see...
WTC5, assuming 2 and 3 get built to plan, right?
Rise To The Top no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2010, 07:40 PM   #16922
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise To The Top View Post
WTC5, assuming 2 and 3 get built to plan, right?
Let's hope so..

Yes, 2 and 3 will be where they are now..
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #16923
DinoVabec
Worldwide

October 17th, NYguy, Skyscraperpage..

Old October 18th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #16924
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28161

good update.
Eric Offereins está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #16925
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Quote:
Deutsche Bank deconstruction...

After that, we'll see...
Although this comment of yours was completely useless, considering the fact that another member already answered the question, I wanted to say that I think member Robertwalpole came up with a project for the Deutsche bank location a while ago. I can't find it back but I'm almost entirely sure it has nothing to do with the WTC or WTC5.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:51 PM   #16926
westmc9th
NYC=Amazing

Likes (Received): 6

new steel was installed for the 44th floor making it taller than the barclay vessey building OH and here is a view some lucky person will have around the 42nd floor
http://blogs.discovery.com/.a/6a00d8...209b970b-popup
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:56 PM   #16927
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
Although this comment of yours was completely useless, considering the fact that another member already answered the question, I wanted to say that I think member Robertwalpole came up with a project for the Deutsche bank location a while ago. I can't find it back but I'm almost entirely sure it has nothing to do with the WTC or WTC5.
I noticed that it's answered after I wrote this comment..

As far as I know, they had plans to build something there (I think I was reading something about Performing Arts center on that site once)..But that was just an option..This building should have big strong foundations so they can build tower there in the future if it's needed..But nothing was decided yet..

That's what I read not so long ago..

Last edited by DinoVabec; October 18th, 2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:00 PM   #16928
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by westmc9th View Post
new steel was installed for the 44th floor making it taller than the barclay vessey building OH and here is a view some lucky person will have around the 42nd floor
http://blogs.discovery.com/.a/6a00d8...209b970b-popup
44th floor..So that's 506' 8'' or 154,432 m...

It's taller that Barclay, UN Building, Sheraton, New York Hilton Hotel, CBS Building and 4 WFC too...

Discovery's webcam

Last edited by DinoVabec; October 18th, 2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:02 PM   #16929
Ni3lS

Quote:
I noticed that it's answered after I wrote this comment..

As far as I know, they had plans to build something there (I think I was reading something about Performing Arts center on that site once)..But that was just an option..This building should had big strong foundations so they can build tower there in the future if it's needed..But nothing was decided yet..

That's what I heard not so long ago..
Heard? I thought you meant read. Do you live in NY?
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:05 PM   #16930
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
Heard? I thought you meant read. Do you live in NY?
Yes, read..Here's the article...No, I'm not in NY..

June 21, 2010, 5:00 pm At Ground Zero, a Step Forward on Performing Arts Center
By ROBIN POGREBIN

At its board meeting on Tuesday, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is expected to approve an agreement under which it will be reimbursed by the city for the cost of building infrastructure below the planned performing arts center at ground zero. The construction of footings and foundations for the arts center has been estimated at $44 million. The authority, which owns the World Trade Center site, and the city have said that they are expecting that money to come from a $50 million fund controlled by the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation.

“They have committed very publicly to funding the early action work that needs to happen,” said Andrew Winters, the director of the Mayor’s Office of Capital Project Development, in an interview on Monday, referring to the corporation. “We expect them to follow through with that.”
The development corporation has been working toward an alternative plan: moving the arts center to the Deutsche Bank building site at 130 Liberty Street, which the corporation owns and where it believes the arts center can be built much faster and more cheaply. The city has argued for the importance of honoring the original master plan for ground zero, which calls for a performing arts center in the area bounded by Fulton, Greenwich, Vesey and Washington Streets — the architect Frank Gehry was selected in 2004 to design the building for its anchor tenant, the Joyce Theater, which presents dance.

The Port Authority’s plan to address the infrastructure issue “is a tangible sign that the Performing Arts Center is moving forward,” said Linda Shelton, executive director of the Joyce, on Monday. “There were a lot of skeptics that this wouldn’t happen, but this is a great step forward.”

In 2006, the Port Authority agreed to a swap that gave the performing arts center site at ground zero to the development corporation in exchange for the Deutsche Bank site, which it planned to develop as commercial space. Before the arts center could be switched to 130 Liberty, the Port Authority would have to agree to such a swap.

The Port Authority and the development corporation declined to comment on their expectations for Tuesday’s meeting, which is titled on the agenda, “Reimbursement Agreement for Early-Action Design and Construction of Below-Grade Structures and Common Infrastructure for the Performing Arts Center.”

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...er=rss&emc=rss

Last edited by DinoVabec; October 18th, 2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:19 PM   #16931
Ni3lS

Ok. Well, don't get me wrong but I get the feeling that you are the one that knows everything about the project, you're answering everyone's questions like you know all about it, you're saying stuff like: 'I just saw a new truck with steel' etc. And that's coming from someone that's living in Croatia. (Yea sorry, tracked your ip) So what are you doing then, 24 hours a day checking the live webcam? Sorry if you find this offensive but I just wanna know where I'm standing if I have to believe everything that someone from Croatia is telling us about a project located in NY.
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:20 PM   #16932
Ni3lS

Quote:
Yes, read..Here's the article...No, I'm not in NY..

June 21, 2010, 5:00 pm At Ground Zero, a Step Forward on Performing Arts Center
By ROBIN POGREBIN

At its board meeting on Tuesday, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is expected to approve an agreement under which it will be reimbursed by the city for the cost of building infrastructure below the planned performing arts center at ground zero. The construction of footings and foundations for the arts center has been estimated at $44 million. The authority, which owns the World Trade Center site, and the city have said that they are expecting that money to come from a $50 million fund controlled by the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation.

“They have committed very publicly to funding the early action work that needs to happen,” said Andrew Winters, the director of the Mayor’s Office of Capital Project Development, in an interview on Monday, referring to the corporation. “We expect them to follow through with that.”
The development corporation has been working toward an alternative plan: moving the arts center to the Deutsche Bank building site at 130 Liberty Street, which the corporation owns and where it believes the arts center can be built much faster and more cheaply. The city has argued for the importance of honoring the original master plan for ground zero, which calls for a performing arts center in the area bounded by Fulton, Greenwich, Vesey and Washington Streets — the architect Frank Gehry was selected in 2004 to design the building for its anchor tenant, the Joyce Theater, which presents dance.

The Port Authority’s plan to address the infrastructure issue “is a tangible sign that the Performing Arts Center is moving forward,” said Linda Shelton, executive director of the Joyce, on Monday. “There were a lot of skeptics that this wouldn’t happen, but this is a great step forward.”

In 2006, the Port Authority agreed to a swap that gave the performing arts center site at ground zero to the development corporation in exchange for the Deutsche Bank site, which it planned to develop as commercial space. Before the arts center could be switched to 130 Liberty, the Port Authority would have to agree to such a swap.

The Port Authority and the development corporation declined to comment on their expectations for Tuesday’s meeting, which is titled on the agenda, “Reimbursement Agreement for Early-Action Design and Construction of Below-Grade Structures and Common Infrastructure for the Performing Arts Center.”

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...er=rss&emc=rss
Thanks for the article btw.
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:48 PM   #16933
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
Ok. Well, don't get me wrong but I get the feeling that you are the one that knows everything about the project, you're answering everyone's questions like you know all about it, you're saying stuff like: 'I just saw a new truck with steel' etc. And that's coming from someone that's living in Croatia. (Yea sorry, tracked your ip) So what are you doing then, 24 hours a day checking the live webcam? Sorry if you find this offensive but I just wanna know where I'm standing if I have to believe everything that someone from Croatia is telling us about a project located in NY.
This is the story..I'm an architecture student..I have plans to move to the New York City...This is place with incredible architecture, amazing people, etc. I was amazed by the old twins, as much I'm amazed with all this stuff goin' on there now..Specially with Tower One...So I'm saving all the pics of this construction, watchin' webcams and reading infos and articles..I'm tryin' to learn about this prject as much as is possible..It helps me studying about architecture, to understand construction process..And at the end it would be nice to have all those photos show them to our children one day, just like we watchin' black and white photos of old wtc construction..

And no, I don't watchin' webcams 0-24..I'm workin' a lot on my PC so I'm online all the time..That's how I see that much..

Why I'm tryin' to answer to questions? Because people wanna know..And if I know something about this, wha not to answer...
Everything I'm postin' here is mostly from other forums and some things I'm noticed and worked out by myself..If I'm not sure about something, I wont post or I will say "I'm nit sure about it" ..

This is my story..
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:06 AM   #16934
chchdesign
Keep it real

Likes (Received): 362

Amazing, thats going to be an awesome building once finished. I'll be moving to New York early next year with my partner and I look forward to checking out all the sights NY has to offer.
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #16935
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10114

hope this is correct.
image hosted on flickr
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:53 AM   #16936
Ni3lS

Quote:
This is the story..I'm an architecture student..I have plans to move to the New York City...This is place with incredible architecture, amazing people, etc. I was amazed by the old twins, as much I'm amazed with all this stuff goin' on there now..Specially with Tower One...So I'm saving all the pics of this construction, watchin' webcams and reading infos and articles..I'm tryin' to learn about this prject as much as is possible..It helps me studying about architecture, to understand construction process..And at the end it would be nice to have all those photos show them to our children one day, just like we watchin' black and white photos of old wtc construction..

And no, I don't watchin' webcams 0-24..I'm workin' a lot on my PC so I'm online all the time..That's how I see that much..

Why I'm tryin' to answer to questions? Because people wanna know..And if I know something about this, wha not to answer...
Everything I'm postin' here is mostly from other forums and some things I'm noticed and worked out by myself..If I'm not sure about something, I wont post or I will say "I'm nit sure about it" ..

This is my story..
Alright that's cool dude. That's what I wanted to know, thanks
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:19 AM   #16937
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
Alright that's cool dude. That's what I wanted to know, thanks

You got more down at the skybar..
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:46 AM   #16938
MonsterPug
Straight Outta BK

Likes (Received): 13

nice diagram and yes it is correct
MonsterPug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2010, 02:45 AM   #16939
DesignerVoodoo

Likes (Received): 91

I went out for a walk on the Williamsburg Bridge tonight and for the first time I could see the tower cranes from WTC1 from the bridge.
Old October 19th, 2010, 02:53 AM   #16940
Innsertnamehere
insertoronto

Likes (Received): 678

that diagram was awesome as usual, culwulla! and 1 wtc has finally passed one of the other buildings shown on the diagram! YAY!!
Innsertnamehere no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center