daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 28th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #17161
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

I doubt they all will be so excited about cladding..

I thought it's fire down there, but there's no smoke..

I have no idea..
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #17162
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5173

Could be anything, lunch break, a drill, false alarm...
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #17163
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
What happend?
tour...
webeagle12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 08:32 PM   #17164
MattToronto
Less is More

Likes (Received): 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWorldResident View Post
An wikipedia illustration says that the impact was at about 87% of the total height.

417 * 0,87 = 362,79m
So does that technically put it at the halfway point on the square?
MattToronto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #17165
illegal
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Last edited by illegal; October 12th, 2011 at 12:26 AM.
illegal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 10:43 PM   #17166
waddler
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodystill View Post
No! Subway just anounced a 3 dollar footlong

So, any news on the cladding? Isn't it the time in which it should arrive?
waddler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:00 AM   #17167
Tony Tv
BANNED

Likes (Received): 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegal View Post
This building will be very elegant! Simple but perfect!
Perfection is in the simplicity!
I agree. For me, the Twin Towers were been the symbol of the elegance, and simplicity. But now I belive, taht the new tower will be special.
Tony Tv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #17168
OldWorldResident

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattToronto View Post
So does that technically put it at the halfway point on the square?
Yes. But please note that this information is based upon some wikipedia illustration.
OldWorldResident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:58 AM   #17169
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWorldResident View Post
Yes. But please note that this information is based upon some wikipedia illustration.
It has some logic..We just need reliable information..
Old October 29th, 2010, 01:01 AM   #17170
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by waddler View Post

We're waiting...It should be now, yes..I somehow have feeling that there will be some article or news when cladding get in NY..
Old October 29th, 2010, 01:16 AM   #17171
RKOwens4

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
91st floor is on height of 1151' 08'' (351,028 m) measured from the street level or 1462' 10'' in plans (probably measured from sea level - I'm not sure about that)

then we have 92, 92M. 93

and 93M which is on height of 1223' 06'' (372,9228 m) from street level or 1534' 08'' in plans..

I don't know on which height planes crashed into old tower one, so if someone know, let us know..
Flight 11 struck the North Tower between the 94th and 95th floor (the nose of the plane struck the floor slab of the 95th floor). The fuselage of the plane was 17' 9" in height, and each floor was 12' tall. The nose of Flight 175 entered the South Tower on the 81st floor. I don't know the exact elevation but since each floor was 12 feet and the 110th floor was the roof slab (elevation 1368'), that's 15 floors in between so 15x12'=180. I'm sure floors 106, 107, 108, and 109 were slightly taller than the office floors, so let's add 2 feet to each of those... for a distance of 188 feet from the roof, or 1,180 feet above street level, or about 86.3% of the height of the building. For the South Tower, it would have been about 350 feet from the roof, or about 74.3% of the height of the building. Oh and yes, about two years ago I took a diagram from the official NIST report on the original 1WTC showing the location of the impacted floors -wingtip to wingtip - and scaled it up exactly and compared it to the side-view diagram of the new 1WTC showing the location of those mechanical floors between the office floors and the restaurant and it matched up exactly. Like, exactly. I'm guessing this was intentional, either wanting to leave a visual mark on the building indicating the location of the first impact, or wanting to be respectful to the people who died in the initial explosion at that elevation by leaving those floors unoccupied.

BTW, does anyone know what the elevation of the obs deck in the new 1WTC will be? I'm just trying to figure out if it'll be above the roof of 2WTC, which is 1,270 feet.

Last edited by RKOwens4; October 29th, 2010 at 01:37 AM.
RKOwens4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 01:29 AM   #17172
RKOwens4

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by waddler View Post

As several others have already pointed out, the cladding can not begin on a particular floor until the fireproofing for that floor has already finished. That's because the spray-on concrete fireproofing is messy and it would make no sense to install the glass windows, and THEN attempt to spray on the fireproofing on the perimeter columns which are just a few inches away from the glass or the beams along the ceiling near the windows. And you may have noticed that they just started (about a week ago) enclosing the 20th floor in the protective canopy which indicates that the fireproofing for that floor has just started. My GUESS is that they're probably going to wait until the fireproofing has risen a few floors before they start with the cladding in order to give them a few floors of buffer space. So, probably a few more weeks until they start the cladding. There was an article a couple weeks ago which said the cladding would begin at the end of November.
RKOwens4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 01:45 AM   #17173
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKOwens4 View Post
Flight 11 struck the North Tower between the 94th and 95th floor (the nose of the plane struck the floor slab of the 95th floor). The fuselage of the plane was 17' 9" in height, and each floor was 12' tall. The nose of Flight 175 entered the South Tower on the 81st floor. I don't know the exact elevation but since each floor was 12 feet and the 110th floor was the roof slab (elevation 1368'), that's 15 floors in between so 15x12'=180. I'm sure floors 106, 107, 108, and 109 were slightly taller than the office floors, so let's add 2 feet to each of those... for a distance of 188 feet from the roof, or 1,180 feet above street level, or about 86.3% of the height of the building. For the South Tower, it would have been about 350 feet from the roof, or about 74.3% of the height of the building. Oh and yes, about two years ago I took a diagram from the official NIST report on the original 1WTC showing the location of the impacted floors -wingtip to wingtip - and scaled it up exactly and compared it to the side-view diagram of the new 1WTC showing the location of those mechanical floors between the office floors and the restaurant and it matched up exactly. Like, exactly. I'm guessing this was intentional, either wanting to leave a visual mark on the building indicating the location of the first impact, or wanting to be respectful to the people who died in the initial explosion at that elevation by leaving those floors unoccupied.

BTW, does anyone know what the elevation of the obs deck in the new 1WTC will be? I'm just trying to figure out if it'll be above the roof of 2WTC, which is 1,270 feet.
Thanks man..You helped a lot...

Obs. deck will be 1266' 08'' from street level..That's 386,08 m...
Old October 29th, 2010, 02:02 AM   #17174
OldWorldResident

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKOwens4 View Post
I'm pretty sure that this was intentional as the total height and roof height was intentional too.

Very interesting. Thanks a lot!
OldWorldResident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 02:17 AM   #17175
MattToronto
Less is More

Likes (Received): 103

According to this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...d_Trade_Center
which I'm well aware is not 100% credible, the impact zone is occupied by Marsh USA.
MattToronto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #17176
DinoVabec
Worldwide

October 28th, BruceandLetty

image hosted on flickr
Old October 29th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #17177
Method101

Likes (Received): 2

dang, so much progress!

Awesome videos and images on wtcprogress.com
Old October 29th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #17178
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Core steel is up to 46th floor..

1WTC is now 533' 04'' or 162,560 m tall...
Old October 29th, 2010, 09:21 PM   #17179
Pbellamy

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Core steel is up to 46th floor..

1WTC is now 533' 04'' or 162,560 m tall...
Yep.. Lots of steel gone up today... it feels like a race to beat the worst of the winter weather
Pbellamy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #17180
waddler
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Ok, thanks for the info on the cladding dudes Yup, there's a huge progress, you can easily notice the difference, especially if you haven't visited the thread in a while. That's why I thought the cladding might've arrived withal
waddler no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center