daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 7th, 2011, 04:50 AM   #19621
PaulFCB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 262

Yeah, I'll read 982 pages and come to New York to get my New WTC Bachelor from you ( cake if successful? ). The problem is I haven't been to NY for over 10 years now ( after living there ) so I'm quite uncommon with what's new, I remember New Yorkers more helpful than "dude wtf'
PaulFCB no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:02 AM   #19622
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFCB View Post
m8, how the damn should I know all the details, why do you think I'm asking?
Thanks for your response .

If you look at the picture of the New WTC. You see it right next to the verizon building. The old picture shows there's another building between tower 1 and the verizon.
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:03 AM   #19623
Dominance

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Yeah, I'll read 982 pages and come to New York to get my New WTC Bachelor from you ( cake if successful? ). The problem is I haven't been to NY for over 10 years now ( after living there ) so I'm quite uncommon with what's new, I remember New Yorkers more helpful than "dude wtf'
ok, The new Tower 1 is being built on top of where the old Tower 6 WTC was. But The Original Tower 1 AKA North Tower Was right where the Completed Memorial Pool is at now, the Pool Closest to the new Tower 1 World Trade Center. I hope I was of some Assiatance
Dominance no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:04 AM   #19624
TowersNYC
Carlos V

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:

see it now? waterfall = old WTC 1

I Love NY

Last edited by TowersNYC; February 7th, 2011 at 05:12 AM.
TowersNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:12 AM   #19625
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
I know I've heard there's absolutely no intentions, but just as a question:

The 1WTC is build exactly on the place of the old WTC with the spire? Or is it placed differently, and exactly where face to the old towers. If anyone can, just draw a red 1WTC on TowersNYC pic from 1976.
I'm still can't get over the fact they ain't building twins .
From WTCprogress.com

One World Trade Center is located north of Fulton Street, north from where the original towers were built. The exact same place was ocupied by the former 6 World Trade Center.

The area where the original twins where standing is going to be a memorial. Two waterfalls are now located in the exact footprints of the twins. For more information, go to wtc.com, wtcprogress.com, or visit the respective threads here at Skyscrapercity by searching them.
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:24 AM   #19626
PaulFCB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowersNYC View Post
because your question is stupid....

see it now? waterfall = old WTC 1
If I was a New Yorker ( or at least living in America and so, the new WTC would have been daily news for me ), maybe. But you might consider there is a world beyond these borders .
A simple "the old WTC 6" would have done it.

@Dominance and kingsc: Thanks for the answer, I was wondering actually if the actual project left a chance for a twin of the new tower, as TowersNY shows, there is a waterfall where the old north tower was, and probably a similar where the south tower used to be.
So practically where the plaza was in the old days, theres space for a south tower? I'm saying this because I'm sure a lot of New Yorkers would have embraced 2 new Twin Towers but since there were a lot of totally different positions regarding the new project, this one was chosen to fit everybody, including the relatives of the victims from 9/11.

LE:@Otie: OK, that photo clears it out, my impression was that where the plaza used to be, it was free of constructions but I imagined waterfall from 1WTC a bit more on the left, leaving more free space between it and Greenwich St.
PaulFCB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:34 AM   #19627
Otie
Researcher

Even if the north pool was located more to the left, there wouldn't be enough space to build a twin of the 1WTC, underground, the space is going to be occupied by the Transportation Hub and a little by the National September 11 Memorial and Museum.
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:47 AM   #19628
Dominance

Quote:
If I was a New Yorker ( or at least living in America and so, the new WTC would have been daily news for me ), maybe. But you might consider there is a world beyond these borders .
A simple "the old WTC 6" would have done it.

@Dominance and kingsc: Thanks for the answer, I was wondering actually if the actual project left a chance for a twin of the new tower, as TowersNY shows, there is a waterfall where the old north tower was, and probably a similar where the south tower used to be.
So practically where the plaza was in the old days, theres space for a south tower? I'm saying this because I'm sure a lot of New Yorkers would have embraced 2 new Twin Towers but since there were a lot of totally different positions regarding the new project, this one was chosen to fit everybody, including the relatives of the victims from 9/11.

LE:@Otie: OK, that photo clears it out, my impression was that where the plaza used to be, it was free of constructions but I imagined waterfall from 1WTC a bit more on the left, leaving more free space between it and Greenwich St.
Well to answer your question about have a new twin on the current Tower 1 is up until now, will not happen. I mean the Port Authority and Larry Silverstein already has so much money and work laid down on the site that it would cost them so much to deconstruct on what they have now built. But as you would see on Ottie"s picture of the whole site you will have 1 WTC , Then to its east you would have a Perfroming Arts Center Then east of that you would have The New Tower 2 WTC which they are putting up the first verticle colomns, then south of that you would have the Trans Hub, south of that Tower 3 WTC and south of that Tower 4 WTC. Then as you see in that same Pic you would have the WTC Memorial with the 2 waterfalls where the Twins once stood, and in between them you would have the Memorial Building .

Well I hope that answered all of you questions, and I was Glad to help you out
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:00 AM   #19629
Otie
Researcher

RoldanTTLB, WiredNewYork
image hosted on flickr
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:35 AM   #19630
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

Old February 7th, 2011, 07:35 AM   #19631
Skyrobot

Likes (Received): 9

I love this thread with all the information & pics in all the 980+ pages though I've never been to NYC. Just one thing, I noticed that some forummers get slammed for saying the wrong thing or for not being 'intelligent' enough to stay on topic etc. It seems to be a trend here not seen in other forums. Maybe it is a mood & sensitivity thing especially if we're discussing about the site of the Twin Towers. But I think some old timers here should chill out a bit. Other than this, a great thread!
Skyrobot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:44 AM   #19632
kingsc

Are you calling me old! Those renders are nice. Hmmm am I suppose to see the reflection of 1WTC spire in the Glass of 1WTC. And I know it's the reflection from the other building.
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:47 AM   #19633
Glidescube

Likes (Received): 32

so do the

Toilets flush yet on tower one? Or better asked, does the building have running water yet?
Glidescube no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:54 AM   #19634
oilmanjr

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Noir View Post
You know, I've spent years periodically googling this building and finding (obviously) nothing satisfying. I discovered this site, I think right about when the cladding appeared, and I've been visiting daily since. I love it. I think I actually enjoy the design of tower 3 more, but this tower is obviously "the one", so I've been very interested. I've enjoyed all the WTC threads. This has been a great find.

Thanks for all the pics and data. I don't think there's anywhere else I could've found so much.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I found myself in the same situation. Excellent site!
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #19635
oilmanjr

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post

This looks so real! And if I am correct, I think you can see 3 WTC's reflection in the tip of the closest side of the building
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:15 AM   #19636
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

^In the other render you can see 1WTC reflected in 2WTC in the reflection on 1WTC. In other words, you see a reflection of 1WTC reflecting itself. The place will be like a house of mirrors.
Old February 7th, 2011, 11:09 AM   #19637
kl 2020 ideas

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otie View Post
From WTCprogress.com

One World Trade Center is located north of Fulton Street, north from where the original towers were built. The exact same place was ocupied by the former 6 World Trade Center.

The area where the original twins where standing is going to be a memorial. Two waterfalls are now located in the exact footprints of the twins. For more information, go to wtc.com, wtcprogress.com, or visit the respective threads here at Skyscrapercity by searching them.
List of differences of buildings/towers between the old and the current: (F means former building)

1 World Trade Center = F6 World Trade Center(Like stated above)
2 World Trade Center = F5 World Trade Center
3 World Trade Center = between F4 and F5 World Trade Center
4 World Trade Center = sections of F4 World Trade Center
Proposed Building 5 = former Deutsche Bank Building
No 6WTC, but it could be the Goldman Sachs Tower in the near future.
7 World Trade Center = sections of F7 World Trade Center
kl 2020 ideas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #19638
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

I think this pic should be on the 1st page, so everyone can see it..
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 02:33 PM   #19639
kingsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl 2020 ideas View Post
List of differences of buildings/towers between the old and the current: (F means former building)

1 World Trade Center = F6 World Trade Center(Like stated above)
2 World Trade Center = F5 World Trade Center
3 World Trade Center = between F4 and F5 World Trade Center
4 World Trade Center = sections of F4 World Trade Center
Proposed Building 5 = former Deutsche Bank Building
No 6WTC, but it could be the Goldman Sachs Tower in the near future.
7 World Trade Center = sections of F7 World Trade Center
Hmmm there's no new plans for tower 5. And where did you get the idea, Goldman Sachs would or could be tower 6. If that's the case all of lower manhattan should be apart of WTC.
Old February 7th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #19640
Dominance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
Hmmm there's no new plans for tower 5. And where did you get the idea, Goldman Sachs would or could be tower 6. If that's the case all of lower manhattan should be apart of WTC.
Actually i know this thread is specifically for tower 1 but i will only get out of line this once and say that Tower 5 is proposed but not finalized yet, and if it were to be finalized it would be where the NOW former Duetch bank was.

And now back on Subject, I see that there are putting the Currigated steel floor on the 55th floor. The tower allready looks amazing.

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center