daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark

Denmark » Copenhagen | Aarhus

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 11th, 2007, 02:22 PM   #101
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 319

Hmmm... By the renders it looks like it's made of ice, and shaped like a cheese. Ice + Cheese =
But I love the design! Great and really original!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 11th, 2007, 02:49 PM   #102
DenverDane

Likes (Received): 4

Hehe, could be called "The Big Cheese". BTW, isn't it dangerous to make a building full of "holes" on a golf course.
DenverDane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 12:16 AM   #103
knilaus
Gone

Likes (Received): 0

Just FYI - the city portal for Århus "aarhus.dk" has published a special feature on the new highrises planned for the city of Århus (2nd largest in Denmark).

Take a look at it - I'm not sure there's anything new in it but it will probably still be of interest to the members of this forum as long as there are no more holiday shots posted by our regulars.
knilaus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 11:42 AM   #104
mlm
Member #109

Likes (Received): 69

Looks like Århus will get a 130 meter tower, at the new harbour development.

On monday the winner for the first part of the harbour development will be announced, and according to jp.dk the winner will be a Danish/Dutch team called "Light House". The first plan involves a 130 m tower, which looks like it will be the tallest in Denmark (unless anything else happens). The team inclues a number of companies, among them Danish 3 x Nielsen (Århus), Gehl Architects (Copenhagen) and UN Studio (Netherlands).

"Light House" was chosen, according to jp.dk, partly because of the highrise, which will be "architectural unusual". I hope we'll see some renders at the presentation monday.

The article from jp (in Danish): Århus får landets højeste hus
mlm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 12:54 PM   #105
Gatis

Likes (Received): 425

good news sounds very promising

Ambermarks - landmarks of Latvia
Gatis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 05:28 PM   #106
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 1032

It sure looks like a cheese! Interesting tower, would be cool to see it get built, though i doubt that, but a good project!

130m tower for Århus is awesome! Hope they publish some renderings soon!
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 12:30 PM   #107
knilaus
Gone

There will be both a bar and a restaurant at the top of a 142 metre high rise, which the politicans in Århus have decided to erect at the harbourfront of the city as part of a large scale urban redevelopment project.

At the top floor of the winning project - appointed today - there will be public access all way round. The building is to be four times as high as the well known "Round Tower" of Copenhagen.

Residences and offices
It is the consortium Lighthouse with the participation of Council Housing Associations in Århus that won the stage to develop the tip of the harbour area, where 40.000 sqm of residences and 18.000 sqm of offices will be placed.

The consortium Z-Huset ("Z-House") with participation of the Copenhagen architect Dorte Mandrup won the competition to develop an area next to the tip where offices and residences will be built as well.

The first residents are expected to be able to move in in the year 2010.

"We will get world class architecture and a new beacon for Århus" says mayor Nicolai Wammen about the high rise.

Source: Politiken.

EDIT: Allegedly more information about the winning projects will be made available here. However, the link does not work at the moment.

The LightHouse:

The Z-House:

Apparently the LightHouse itself will be around 130 metres high but a glass dome of 12 metres will be attached to the top of it according to this article in the regional newspaper Jyllandsposten. Architects are 3xNielsen along with Dutch architects UN Studio og Gehl Architects (urban space) from Copenhagen.

Last edited by knilaus; April 16th, 2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old April 16th, 2007, 12:35 PM   #108
Blue Viking

Damn, this is exciting!!! Can't wait to see some renderings!

Blue Viking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 12:51 PM   #109
mlm
Member #109

Likes (Received): 69

Surely looks good. Here are 2 bigger renderings:

(Copyright: 3XN Architects and UNStudio)

(Copyright: 3XN Architects and UNStudio)

Last edited by mlm; April 25th, 2007 at 03:17 PM.
mlm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 01:01 PM   #110
copenhagenjazz

Hell yeah! Finally someone has the balls in DK to build a proper highrise and I think its great that its in Aarhus Looks great as well!
copenhagenjazz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 01:18 PM   #111
knilaus
Gone

The link quoted by me in the above actually works now. By following it you can among other things view large renderings of the pictures I posted (as evidenced by mlm's post). The remaining renderings on the page are of the Z-House, which I personally think looks quite interesting. It resembles the VM-Bjerget if I'm not mistaken:

Z-Huset 1
Z-Huset 2

Last edited by knilaus; April 16th, 2007 at 01:23 PM.
Old April 16th, 2007, 01:57 PM   #112
EDK_DK

Thanks knilaus

Pretty good...

OK...It's stunning. I Love the design from 3xN. It's thin, pretty high and first of all the location is perfect.
Ready in 2010! That's fast....

We need a little _ _for this one....
Old April 16th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #113
Plogger
Plogger

Very nice indeed. Lets hope Copenhagen will pick up the challenge and build something even taller.
A competetion between Cph. and Arhus in this matter could be exiting!
Old April 16th, 2007, 02:17 PM   #114
Blue Viking

It's not every day a new tallest building for Denmark is announced. And this one looks very nice! Århus is the Malmö of Denmark - leaders in both height and quality. Well done, Århus!!

I found this illustration on http://www.aarhus.dk/aa/portal/temaer/hoejhusbyggeri

PS. Maybe Århus are building tall to compensate for their lousy football team In that case, Agf should just stay in the second best league - and if Fck could be pursuaded to keep them company, then Cph might also get some scrapers..
Blue Viking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #115
DenverDane

Woohoo, great news! First the Bella Center hotel is back on track and then this!
DenverDane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 02:23 PM   #116
Urbanus

Likes (Received): 96

Beautiful!! Congratulation Århus!

It's quite interesting to see what happens in Århus at the moment. Lots of great high rise-projects, lots of urban development. They should have their own thread here.
It seems somwhow natural that they beat Copenhagen in the highest high rise - like Malmø have beaten Stockholm. There is something about the sleepy capitals - even though a lot is going on both here and in Stockholm, lots of contruction, development and projects, but still too affraid of the height - unless it's below the 100 m. But in the growing upcommers they have the goods to challenge the Scandinavian fear of height...
Urbanus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 03:36 PM   #117
TORONTOCOPENHAGEN

I'm so jealous. At least they don't have a good soccer team ;-)
Albania Austria Belgium Bosnia Botswana Cambodia Canada China Costa Rica the Czech Republic Croatia Denmark France Germany Ghana Greece India Iraq Italy Japan Kashmir Kosova Laos Liberia Macedonia Malaysia Mexico Montenegro Morocco Mozambique the Netherlands Norway Pakistan Portugal Singapore South Africa South Korea Spain Sri Lanka Sweden Switzerland Syria Thailand Tunesia Turkey the United Kingdom the United States of America Uzbekistan Vietnam Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe
TORONTOCOPENHAGEN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 03:45 PM   #118
Insane alex
Stockholm rules!

Likes (Received): 11

Wow! That's one of my top ten buildings right now!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=449245
Countries i've been to: Australia, Austria, Canada, Brazil, China, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Lichtenstein, Germany, The Netherlands, Latvia, Italy, UK, USA, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hong Kong.
Insane alex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 04:07 PM   #119
BrenC

WOW!!!
This project is one of the coolest I've seen in a long while!!!
I agree with a lot of you guys in your analysis: It seems as if the two big capitals in Scandinavia have been acting too slowly and sleepy. I actually think thay're hit by surprise by the amazing projects of cities such as Århus and Malmö.

Århus looks more and more like Malmö concerning this matter. Beautiful and impressive buildings make the cities really attractive. (And I must admit: This tower is even better than Malmö Tower, though the latter is taller)

Copenhagen and Stockholm have been too busy marketing themselves as "the most beautiful city in the world" , and too busy enjoying the power of being the "headquarters" of the national states.

However, in this new emerging European society, REGIONS are becoming more important than countries. Malmö is well aware of that: Of course the city will never outgrow Stockholm (and they know it) but the region of which Malmö is a vital and central part, ÖRESUND, is much bigger than Stockholm and has already become a much more dynamic and attractive region than Stockholm. Öresund will become a stronger European "powerhouse" than Stockholm (or CPH alone) could ever be.
BrenC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 04:22 PM   #120
Insane alex
Stockholm rules!

Likes (Received): 11

Well, each city/region is unique. Stockholm and CPH have things to offer which other regions can't ever offer. But when it comes building tall Malmö and Århus are the cities which are the best in doing that in Scandinavia.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=449245
Countries i've been to: Australia, Austria, Canada, Brazil, China, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Lichtenstein, Germany, The Netherlands, Latvia, Italy, UK, USA, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hong Kong.
Insane alex no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
denmark, highrise