daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Albanian Forum > Zhvillimet Urbane > Arkitektura dhe Planifikimi Urban > Prishtina

Prishtina Projects and Construction Updates.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 4.93 average.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 03:03 PM   #1601
Shpendiiiii
Republic of Kosova

Likes (Received): 9

[QUOTE=liburni;33776324]

HERE ARE 2 PICS OF THIS PROJECT

Sponsored Links

Old March 23rd, 2009, 04:53 PM   #1602
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

I hate the place where they're building it
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2009, 08:10 PM   #1603
AL-KS

Likes (Received): 6

Ne Ulpiane a po?
AL-KS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2009, 08:23 PM   #1604
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Po. Ulpiana eshte nje nga pjeset qe pakashume ka shpetu nga mediokriteti i ndertimeve e mbindertimeve te pasluftes dhe qe e ka nje plan rregullativ qe ja vlen dicka qe nga kohet e ish-Jugosllavise.

Tash kane fillu lloj-lloj te bejne kerdi edhe anej...
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:48 PM   #1605
AL-KS

Likes (Received): 6

PO e kam nje axhe qe jeton atje dhe mua me duket ne rregull. Duhet te pastrohet me shume dhe te rindertohen disa gjera por ne pergjithesi eshte ne rregull. Ishalla nuk ja fillojne te ndertojne ndertesa ne lulishtet e lagjes se do behet shume keq.
AL-KS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 08:24 PM   #1606
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Po e postoj ketu, se s'ka vend tjeter

Quote:
An Oasis of Calm - the Carshi Mosque
| 23 March 2009 | By Shega A’Mula in Pristina

With its floating dome, ancient oriental rugs and quietly ticking cocks, this 15th century house of prayer offers a respite from the busy world outside.

Pristina is so traffic-jammed by day, and equally buzzing at night, that sometimes the only oases of calm are the many mosques scattered throughout the city’s congested areas.

With this in mind, Pristina Insight took a closer look at the Carshi Mosque, on the corner of the main intersection in front of the Kosovo museum.

The Turkish Ottoman occupation in the 15th century resulted in the conversion of hundreds of thousands of Orthodox or Catholic Christians in the Balkans to Islam, paving the way for the building of mosques and other Muslim places of worship throughout the region.

Today the predominant religion in Kosovo remains Islam, and over 90 per cent of the population consider themselves its followers.

The Carshi Mosque is the oldest in Pristina, and was built in 1461 by Sultan Mehemed Fatih. It is located on the corner of Agim Ramadani and Nazim Gafurri streets, an area now heavily congested by pedestrian and vehicle traffic.

The Imam, or leader of the mosque, Sheqir Kqiku, tells us that prayer times haul in close to 400 people a day to the mosque, while a couple of hundred more use the two neighbouring mosques just down the street.

The architecture of the Carshi Mosque is Ottoman, with a large central dome located above the main prayer hall. The minaret, or tower, which protrudes from one of the back corners of the mosque holds a bell at the top, which rings to signal the times of prayer.

The Carshi Mosque’s minaret is distinctive because it is completely made out of stone, unlike most others in the Balkans, which use wood-based materials to support the tower.

The entrance is an arch, borrowed in style from the pre-Islamic architecture of Persia, but now a staple of many Islamic places of worship around the world.

This leads into a sort of “waiting room” where worshippers wash themselves and remove their shoes before entering the prayer hall. The floors are covered in oriental rugs, which support the Islamic ideals of holding prayer in a clean area. The walls are painted in the traditional colour of Islam, which is green, and which is meant to symbolise nature.

Imam Sheqir Kqiku leads us into the main prayer hall, which is also swathed in ancient-looking carpets and rugs. The dome is large and finely adorned with hand-painted flora and other decorative elements that date back centuries. Clocks are plastered on all sides of the prayer hall, a characteristic that Imam Sheqir Kqiku says reflects the value Islam places on time.

“Time is very important to Islam and the clocks represent the importance of not wasting time and valuing it”, he said. Many are gifts of worshippers wishing to offer contributions to the mosque.

The prayer hall also encompasses a higher level, which is reserved for women, since Islamic tradition does not allow both sexes to pray together. Imam Sheqir Kqiku admits that not many women attend prayer sessions, since according to him, Kosovo traditions never encouraged women to attend prayers.
“Our culture does not encourage women to come to the mosque, as oppose to other Islamic cultures,” he said.

The Imam tells us that the bulk of worshippers are older people who like this mosque because of “the nostalgia they feel for the times when they were younger”.

However, many young men were leaving the mosque while we were there, suggesting a resurgence of interest among the young.

The Carshi Mosque is currently under the protection of the Ministry of Culture, so as to ensure its preservation in years to come.

Nevertheless, Imam Sheqir Kqiku says he is not convinced that Kosovo’s institutions truly value the existence of these structures. “No one is investing in them,” he says.

He claims the ministry promised to set aside money to be used for restoring parts of the dome, which are currently leaking water and consequently damaging the interior.

The Culture Ministry did not reply to out inquiry concerning this matter by the time of publication.
Visitors are welcomed to the Carshi Mosque at all times when prayer sessions are not being held. The Imam says many tourists stop by to view the interior of the mosque, both locals and internationals alike.
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #1607
SkaNdErBeG

Likes (Received): 37

Kompleksi banesor Royal || U/C - afer Fakultetit Teknik dhe Arkivit te Kosoves (ne Mat)

http://royal-ks.com/

Quote:
SkaNdErBeG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 10:13 PM   #1608
SkaNdErBeG

Edit..
Old March 25th, 2009, 10:29 PM   #1609
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Once again, the surrounding area (very wide and well-thought out) looks nothing like the reality. Good find though!
Old March 25th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #1610
SkaNdErBeG

objekti banesor Final-M ne Tophane

http://www.final-m.com/

Old March 26th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #1611
Plisat

Likes (Received): 615

Projekti i pare Skenderbeg eshte ne Lagje te Spitalit, jo ne Matiqan.....
Plisat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 08:38 PM   #1612
SkaNdErBeG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plisat View Post
Projekti i pare Skenderbeg eshte ne Lagje te Spitalit, jo ne Matiqan.....
Lokacioni i projektit eshte ne fillim te lagjes te cilen quhet "Mati 1" sipas planit rregullues. Ka edhe "Mati 2" dhe "Mati 3" (qe priten te behen me plane rregulluese ne te ardhmen e afert)

Ja nje harte qe ilustron lokacionin e nje projekti tjeter, mirepo shihet mjaft qarte edhe lokacioni i projektit ne fjale (rr. muharrem fejza afer arkivit te kosoves):

Last edited by SkaNdErBeG; March 26th, 2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old March 26th, 2009, 10:46 PM   #1613
Plisat

Likes (Received): 615

Ska logjike me thirr Mati-1. Pasi Matiqanin e ndan Bregu i Diellit me Lagjen e Spitali.
Krejt Prishtina e njef si Lagjia e Spitalit.....se di cka komuna filozofon aty. Une kom te after qe jetojne aty, edhe krejt e thrrasin Lagjia e Spitalit. Bile edhe komuna kur bojke asfalitimin ne ate rajon e thirrke Lagjia e Spitalit, e sdi ka dulen ata me Mati-1.
Plisat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 05:02 AM   #1614
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plisat View Post
Ska logjike me thirr Mati-1. Pasi Matiqanin e ndan Bregu i Diellit me Lagjen e Spitali.
Krejt Prishtina e njef si Lagjia e Spitalit.....se di cka komuna filozofon aty. Une kom te after qe jetojne aty, edhe krejt e thrrasin Lagjia e Spitalit. Bile edhe komuna kur bojke asfalitimin ne ate rajon e thirrke Lagjia e Spitalit, e sdi ka dulen ata me Mati-1.
Kjo osht ajo semundja e pas-luftes ku cdo vendi fillun me ja nderru emrin per arsye idiotike-patriotike.
Old March 27th, 2009, 08:40 PM   #1615
SkaNdErBeG

Postuar nga "Dardani" ne Archiedu.com:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARDANI.ZH View Post

ky esht lokacioni ku po ndertohet kjo qender tregtare dhe garazhi

marr nga skyskarpercity

Last edited by SkaNdErBeG; March 27th, 2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old March 27th, 2009, 11:29 PM   #1616
SkaNdErBeG

Anyone knows whats being built to the left of the Ministry of Education building?

Old March 27th, 2009, 11:44 PM   #1617
SkaNdErBeG

Restauration of "Mbretit Mosque" (Sultan Mehmet II al-Fatih Mosque, built in 1460-1461):

Old March 27th, 2009, 11:49 PM   #1618
Ultimo
Albanian Republic Kosova

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaNdErBeG View Post
Anyone knows whats being built to the left of the Ministry of Education building?

akademia e arteve dhe e shkencave te kosoves..institucion i kote i njerezve te kote te cilet s'bejne asgje ose qe deri me tash skane bere asgje, dhe te vetmen gje qe dijne ta bejne mire eshte asgje..
Ultimo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 11:53 PM   #1619
SkaNdErBeG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
akademia e arteve dhe e shkencave te kosoves..institucion i kote i njerezve te kote te cilet s'bejne asgje ose qe deri me tash skane bere asgje, dhe te vetmen gje qe dijne ta bejne mire eshte asgje..
hehe....flm per info. Shpresoje qe te pakten do te duket mire kjo ndertese
Old March 27th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #1620
SkaNdErBeG

Ministry of Internal Affairs (behind the stadium):

Tags
albanian, kosova, prishtina, pristina, projects, projekte, shqipëria

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: