daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 4th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #2001
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash88 View Post
I live south of the airport on the Eastmall (Loblaws)
I see! Sounds good, but the Transaero pic is not mine. I just found one from the data base. To tell ya the truth, the picture isn't that sharp. It was probably taken with a entry level 18-55mm. There is the person on A.net (Kavin), and his pics are super sharp. Here is a one I really like, but I bet ya the lens is worth as an average car that passes on the Airport Road hehe.
AA 737 @ YYZ
YU-AMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2011, 10:14 PM   #2002
Ampsicora
4 more years

Likes (Received): 11933

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrocracy View Post
Hello everyone

this is my forst post in this forum, love it !
I would like to ask you if there are some LC carriers connecting YYZ to New York City, thanks at all

Hi Metrocracy, you're welcome !
-They see me trollin', they hatin'

SBANNATELI CAZZO

***Innominables***
Ampsicora no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 04:56 AM   #2003
dash88

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Russkie pride!
on Aug 3 a 747-400 Transaero, AF/DT Moscow-DME --1st visit this a/c and of their 747 fleet to Toronto - from yyz news.

I wonder if this was a sub for the 777 for technical reasons or they needed more capacity on this day.
dash88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #2004
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Sounds like a sub to me... That can be said for Alitalia B777 as well. They always send their B767-3ER.
Old August 6th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #2005
Toronto_41

Likes (Received): 65

Code Share allowed for Sri Lankan:

July 22, 2011

APPLICATION by SriLankan Airlines Limited carrying on business as SriLankan Airlines pursuant to subsection 78(2) of the Canada Transportation Act, S.C., 1996, c. 10, as amended.

File No. M4212/S613-4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SriLankan Airlines Limited carrying on business as SriLankan Airlines (applicant) has applied to the Canadian Transportation Agency (Agency) for a temporary licence to operate, through code sharing, an international air service on a scheduled basis between Sri Lanka and Canada.

The authority requested by the applicant is extra-bilateral because there is no agreement or arrangement between Canada and Sri Lanka in force, which provides for the operation by a Sri Lankan air carrier of a scheduled international air service between Sri Lanka and Canada.

Pursuant to subsection 78(2) of the Canada Transportation Act (CTA), the Agency may issue a licence, on a temporary basis, for international air services that are not permitted in an agreement, a convention or an arrangement relating to civil aviation to which Canada is a party.

The service to be provided is not pursuant to an agreement or arrangement between Canada and Sri Lanka in respect of air services between Canada and Sri Lanka. The Agency finds that compliance by the applicant with subparagraph 69(1)(a)(i) of the CTA is impractical in this case. Accordingly, the Agency, pursuant to paragraph 80(1)(c) of the CTA, exempts the applicant from the application of subparagraph 69(1)(a)(i) of the CTA.

Prior to operating an international air service, the applicant must, in addition to holding a licence, hold a valid Canadian aviation document and have the prescribed liability insurance coverage. The Agency has considered the material on file and is satisfied that the applicant meets those requirements.

Accordingly, the Agency, pursuant to subsection 78(2) of the CTA, will issue to the applicant a temporary licence to operate, through code sharing, an international air service on a scheduled basis between Sri Lanka and Canada.

Concerning the duration of the subject authority, the Agency considers it appropriate to grant it until May 20, 2012.

The licence to be issued pursuant to this Decision shall be subject to the conditions prescribed by the Air Transportation Regulations, SOR/88-58, as amended, and to the following conditions:

1.The Licensee is authorized to operate, through code sharing, an international air service on a scheduled basis between Sri Lanka and Canada.
2.This licence shall terminate on May 20, 2012.
Any similar requests for a subsequent authority shall be submitted to the Agency for approval one month prior to the expiry of the licence.

Members
•Raymon J. Kaduck
•J. Mark MacKeigan

Link: http://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/decision-ru...31001&lang=eng

Asia, here I come!!!
J.
Toronto_41 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #2006
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

So I guess that means they won't be using their own equipment any time soon. There really hasn't been a lot in the way of new airlines coming to YYZ this year.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 01:05 AM   #2007
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Confused now.... So Srilankan will fly to ZRH/LHR with their own equipment, and than second leg will be operated by AC to YYZ?
Old August 7th, 2011, 03:34 AM   #2008
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Btw, has anyone notice that AC A330 being stuck in the mud off the taxiway. I heard it happened around 05 runway... Here is the pic;

image hosted on flickr

Aug 4th evening.
Old August 7th, 2011, 10:46 AM   #2009
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

One more of those Kavin's spectacular ones. (Hanian A346)

Old August 7th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #2010
Toronto_41

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Confused now.... So Srilankan will fly to ZRH/LHR with their own equipment, and than second leg will be operated by AC to YYZ?
That is correct. They will codeshare with AC from LHR. Not sure about ZHR. That was the last developments that took place. Maybe I am wrong so if anyone else knows different, let me know.

Asia, here I come!!!
J.

Last edited by Toronto_41; August 7th, 2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old August 7th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #2011
p5archit

Likes (Received): 1

I recently went past the airport and I noticed that besides a whole new branding and identity overhaul, that the rest of T2 has now come down. I was quite shocked at how completely different the landscape looks, not to mention how much room there is there. T2 took up considerable space especially because it was a long linear terminal.

I mentioned this before, but I had seen a number of RFP's floating around my office referring to different projects that the airport wants to embark on, but I did not get a chance to really see what it any of them were about - well, one had something to do with the CARA foods, but the others were much larger and more extensive.

I do recall in the past that there were RFP's for the lands where McDonnell Douglas used to have their facilities, for an office park/hotel development, but a lot has probably changed since then - not to mention the airport is not exactly the most coordinated or coherent group of spaces/buildings. I never quite understand why it is that airports in NA are less likely to come up with plans where everything is much more integrated and cohesive, especially in an urban and architectural sense.

Let's see what happens now that T2 is gone..
Old August 8th, 2011, 01:17 AM   #2012
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Are you reffering to the old garage that used be part of the old T2? This....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBvrtvXWalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5archit View Post
I recently went past the airport and I noticed that besides a whole new branding and identity overhaul, that the rest of T2 has now come down. I was quite shocked at how completely different the landscape looks, not to mention how much room there is there. T2 took up considerable space especially because it was a long linear terminal.

I mentioned this before, but I had seen a number of RFP's floating around my office referring to different projects that the airport wants to embark on, but I did not get a chance to really see what it any of them were about - well, one had something to do with the CARA foods, but the others were much larger and more extensive.

I do recall in the past that there were RFP's for the lands where McDonnell Douglas used to have their facilities, for an office park/hotel development, but a lot has probably changed since then - not to mention the airport is not exactly the most coordinated or coherent group of spaces/buildings. I never quite understand why it is that airports in NA are less likely to come up with plans where everything is much more integrated and cohesive, especially in an urban and architectural sense.

Let's see what happens now that T2 is gone..
Old August 8th, 2011, 04:28 AM   #2013
p5archit

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Are you reffering to the old garage that used be part of the old T2? This....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBvrtvXWalo
Yes, I meant to say the rest of what was left of old T2.
Old August 8th, 2011, 08:17 AM   #2014
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

That took some time indeed. Btw, I never knew what was the status with the old T2 leftovers. I am sure it gives you a nice overview on the new T1 from the outside, but i bet you the airport guys will to walk away. I have been told that they don't like seeing people over there, as well the Carligview side where you get closer to the 24R...
Old August 9th, 2011, 02:50 AM   #2015
Toronto_41

Kind of Open skies with Brazil.

OTTAWA, Aug. 8, 2011 /CNW/ - Prime Minister Harper's announcement today revealing an updated Open Skies type agreement between Canada and Brazil* is welcomed by the National Airlines Council of Canada (NACC) as part of a balanced approach to air liberalization.

"NACC members seek to expand services in growing markets such as Brazil to better serve the needs of tourists and business travelers, which in turn contributes to overall economic growth in Canada," said George Petsikas, President of the NACC. "We are very pleased with today's announcement as it will provide the legal rights for airlines of both countries to operate scheduled air services as frequently as desired, thus facilitating greater opportunities for two-way tourism, business travel and student exchanges.* In advance of the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Summer Olympic Games both to be hosted by Brazil, the announcement is indeed timely."

The NACC strongly supports a balanced air liberalization policy framework for Canada that ensures a level playing field and provides maximum added-value reciprocal benefits for all stakeholders, including consumers, communities, airports, the tourism industry and Canada's airlines.

The National Airlines Council of Canada is a trade association founded by Canada's largest commercial airlines in order to ensure safe, sustainable and competitive air travel for Canadian consumers.

Link: http://newswire.ca/en/releases/archi.../08/c2301.html

Asia, here I come!!!
J.
Old August 9th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #2016
ACT7

Hopefully that means that we will see TAM start YYZ service and/or direct flights to Rio at some point.
Old August 10th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #2017
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

^ Is there enough room for TAM and AC for both to tap in? How is the Brazilian market in general?
Old August 10th, 2011, 10:06 PM   #2018
ACT7

Quote:
^ Is there enough room for TAM and AC for both to tap in? How is the Brazilian market in general?
It's not so much the O&D market that AC has cornered and that allows room for TAM. AC is targeting European and Asian connecting pax to South America. That said, the O&D market to and from Brazil is growing fast.
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:27 AM   #2019
Toronto_41

Quote:
Hope this clarifies finally. Lol. HK and Europe are the transfer points.

Agency Rulings
Decision No. 297-A-2011

August 8, 2011

APPLICATION by Air Canada, on behalf of itself and SriLankan Airlines Limited carrying on business as SriLankan Airlines, for approvals pursuant to section*60 of the Canada Transportation Act, S.C., 1996, c.*10, as amended, and section*8.2 of the Air Transportation Regulations, SOR/88-58, as amended.

File No. M4835-2-64

Air Canada, on behalf of itself and SriLankan Airlines Limited carrying on business as SriLankan Airlines (SriLankan Airlines), has applied to the Canadian Transportation Agency (Agency) for approvals to permit:

Air Canada to provide its scheduled international service between Canada and Sri Lanka by selling transportation in its own name on flights operated by SriLankan Airlines between Sri Lanka and Europe and between Sri Lanka and Hong Kong; and
SriLankan Airlines to provide its scheduled international service between Sri Lanka and Canada by selling transportation in its own name on flights operated by Air Canada between Canada and Europe and between Canada and Hong Kong.
Air Canada and SriLankan Airlines are licensed to operate until May 20, 2012, through code sharing, international air services on a scheduled basis between Canada and Sri Lanka.

The Agency has considered the application and the material in support and is satisfied that it meets the requirements of section*8.2 of the Air Transportation Regulations (ATR).

Accordingly, the Agency, pursuant to paragraph*60(1)(b) of the Canada Transportation Act and section 8.2 of the ATR, approves the use by:

Air Canada of aircraft and flight crew provided by SriLankan Airlines, and the provision by SriLankan Airlines of such aircraft and flight crew to Air Canada, to permit Air Canada to provide its scheduled international service on licensed routes between Canada and Sri Lanka by selling transportation in its own name on flights operated by SriLankan Airlines between Sri Lanka and Europe and between Sri Lanka and Hong Kong; and
SriLankan Airlines of aircraft and flight crew provided by Air Canada, and the provision by Air Canada of such aircraft and flight crew to SriLankan Airlines, to permit SriLankan Airlines to provide its scheduled international service on licensed routes between Sri Lanka and Canada by selling transportation in its own name on flights operated by Air Canada between Canada and Europe and between Canada and Hong Kong.
These approvals are granted from the date of this Decision to May 20, 2012, and are subject to the following conditions:

Air Canada and SriLankan Airlines shall continue to hold the valid licence authorities.
Air Canada and SriLankan Airlines shall apply their published tariffs, in effect, to the carriage of their traffic. Nothing in any commercial agreement between the air carriers relating to limits of liability shall diminish the rights of passengers as stated in such tariffs.
The air services approved shall only be provided as long as a code-sharing agreement providing for such services remains in effect.
Air Canada and SriLankan Airlines shall continue to comply with the insurance requirements set out in subsections 8.2(4), 8.2(5) and 8.2(6) of the ATR.
Air Canada and SriLankan Airlines shall continue to comply with the public disclosure requirements set out in section 8.5 of the ATR.
Air Canada and SriLankan Airlines shall provide the Agency with a copy of any new agreement or amendments to their code-sharing agreement, including any new or amended annex, without delay.
Air transportation using Air Canada's code on flights operated by SriLankan Airlines shall not be sold separately and shall only be available to traffic carried on a continuous journey under Air*Canada's code between Canada and Sri Lanka.
Air transportation using SriLankan Airlines' code on flights operated by Air Canada shall not be sold separately and shall only be available to traffic carried on a continuous journey under SriLankan Airlines' code between Sri*Lanka and Canada.
These approvals do not apply to the carriage of cargo.
Members

Raymon J. Kaduck
J. Mark MacKeigan

Link: http://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/decision-ru...31032&lang=eng

Asia, here I come!!!
J.

Last edited by Toronto_41; August 11th, 2011 at 03:47 AM.
Old August 12th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #2020
dash88

Likes (Received): 0

New season of Mayday tonight 10pm discovery ch, The TAM crash
dash88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto