daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 20th, 2012, 05:04 AM   #2201
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

http://www.travelbizmonitor.com/air-...l-routes-15653

Quote:
Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 14:00 Hrs [IST]

Air India planning to trim frequencies on long-haul routes

By TBM Staff | Mumbai

Exerpt: Apart from fuel bill and oil PSUs regularly cutting off supply to AI, the delay in induction of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft into the fleet also triggered this route-cut move. "With its 250 seats, the Dreamliner is the ideal size of aircraft for us. In the current season, it may not be possible to fill up the over-300 seat (that the B-777s are) to a break-even point. So the frequency of flights using this plane on sectors like Delhi-London and Delhi-Toronto is being reduced. The Dreamliner is now expected to make its debut in late summer and will be used to launch flights to Australia," said a senior official.
Hopefully YYZ sees ET and MS start sooner than later. With CX and and now AI reducing frequency, it may not be a great year this year.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:02 PM   #2202
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

BTW, no more guessing. An A330 comes up in Alitalia's res system as of mid October. I am very pleased. Btw no news for LOT as they still have B763 in the system. Cheers.

YU-AMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #2203
tilitoa
AF

Likes (Received): 196

good pic
tilitoa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 04:59 AM   #2204
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

We should be getting a pic of AF A380 diverted from YUL. I can't wait to see it because it's the second A380 that landed here a part from EK A380.
Old February 27th, 2012, 07:05 AM   #2205
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
BTW, no more guessing. An A330 comes up in Alitalia's res system as of mid October. I am very pleased. Btw no news for LOT as they still have B763 in the system. Cheers.

LOT will receive 2-3 787's by the end of the year. Further 5-6 will be delivered in 2013, which gives a total of 8 787s. The plan is to use 4 787s on North American Routes and 4 787s on Asian routes. The first route that will be serviced by the 787 will be Beijing, followed by Tokyo. The 787s on North American routes will replace the 767s in 2013 simply because the Asian routes are more competitive.
J@nek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 02:44 AM   #2206
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
LOT will receive 2-3 787's by the end of the year. Further 5-6 will be delivered in 2013, which gives a total of 8 787s. The plan is to use 4 787s on North American Routes and 4 787s on Asian routes. The first route that will be serviced by the 787 will be Beijing, followed by Tokyo. The 787s on North American routes will replace the 767s in 2013 simply because the Asian routes are more competitive.
Asian routes eh, as I have expected. Btw, I am wondering how are they going to price their premium economy. I am sure this was probabaly talked over in your Polish forum. It is going to priced double over the regular economy, as I have seen on British Airways and so on.. Any idea? I am sure Canada - Poland market is very sensitive for those not flying in business. That's why I would like to know how much room there is to bump those fares up in the PE. Any idea?
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:14 AM   #2207
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Asian routes eh, as I have expected. Btw, I am wondering how are they going to price their premium economy. I am sure this was probabaly talked over in your Polish forum. It is going to priced double over the regular economy, as I have seen on British Airways and so on.. Any idea? I am sure Canada - Poland market is very sensitive for those not flying in business. That's why I would like to know how much room there is to bump those fares up in the PE. Any idea?
No idea as to how they will price the PE. You are right, the Canada - Central Europe market is price-sensitive however, with Asian routes offered, LOT can make money on passengers travelling to Asia via Warsaw. At the moment, it is mostly individuals visiting relatives in Europe who use LOT's service. This passenger segment is price sensitive. What they need is time sensitive passengers - business passengers who are willing to pay for the PE or Business Class seats. The 767s that fly between Warsaw and north America generate no profit, LOT has not given up on these routes yet (did not do what CSA and Malev did) as with the 787, they will definitely generate a profit, hopefully carrying business passengers between North America and Europe/Asia.
J@nek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #2208
yyzer

Likes (Received): 45

Latest word is that the 787 will be arriving on March 1, at about 1400hrs....will try to get official confirmation...once it arrives, it will be parked in one of the AC hangars for the duration of its visit.....
Old February 29th, 2012, 05:20 AM   #2209
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
No idea as to how they will price the PE. You are right, the Canada - Central Europe market is price-sensitive however, with Asian routes offered, LOT can make money on passengers travelling to Asia via Warsaw. At the moment, it is mostly individuals visiting relatives in Europe who use LOT's service. This passenger segment is price sensitive. What they need is time sensitive passengers - business passengers who are willing to pay for the PE or Business Class seats. The 767s that fly between Warsaw and north America generate no profit, LOT has not given up on these routes yet (did not do what CSA and Malev did) as with the 787, they will definitely generate a profit, hopefully carrying business passengers between North America and Europe/Asia.
Sounds about right. I doubt if Alitalia can make profit even in the summer season on those older B767s. LOT's B767s are even less reliable because they are one decade older than Aliatlia's B767. The business travelers look for reliable service. Than they want lie flat beds/seats in the front. No wonder why Alitalia decided to bring on their new A330s. Lets just hope LOT can hold on until those 787 birds arrive.
Old March 1st, 2012, 09:39 PM   #2210
yyzer

I wasn't out to see it, but apparently the 787 landed on runway 23 at about 1:44pm today...should be in the AC hangar by now....
Old March 2nd, 2012, 02:32 AM   #2211
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
I wasn't out to see it, but apparently the 787 landed on runway 23 at about 1:44pm today...should be in the AC hangar by now....
Sorry, I wanted to go out but it was sort of cloudy. Lets hope we get some shots.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 04:10 AM   #2212
yyzer

Over at airliners.net there's a couple of threads with pics and video of the event...

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5402243/

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5402438/
Old March 3rd, 2012, 05:03 AM   #2213
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Looks like Ethiopian airlines want the 5th freedom from FCO to serve YYZ. That may play the role for delaying this route. We will see the outcome.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:19 AM   #2214
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

For our African friends here in Toronto. It will be my pleasure to snap a photo of her. Btw is this the first time in YYZ era to be linked with African destination?

Old March 4th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #2215
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

I was in Frankfurt three days ago, and saw the ANA 787. Our bus actually drove right next to it. The plane is bigger than I thought when you see it real life.
noir-dresses está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #2216
andrewasedwards

Likes (Received): 1

Hey guys i have a few pictures of the 788 out on the ramp. they where taken with a phone so not the greatest of quality.

I hope you guys like.

Last edited by andrewasedwards; March 4th, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
andrewasedwards no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #2217
andrewasedwards

some more

Old March 4th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #2218
andrewasedwards

and more

Old March 4th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #2219
andrewasedwards

Old March 5th, 2012, 06:54 AM   #2220
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

What's interesting about this article is the shortlist of destinations that AC pegs for the 787, whether it's for their first 7 or their remaining 30. They cite Guangzhou, Mumbai, Buenos Aires, Moscow, and Johannesburg as possible destinations from YYZ, YUL and YVR. One would have to assume that ALL of those destinations would be from YYZ.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ontent=2357402

Exerpt:

Quote:
Air Canada will take delivery of seven of its 787s in 2014. It has ordered 37 of the planes, which seat 242 to 280 people, depending on the configuration. The preliminary schedule calls for the remaining aircraft to arrive from 2015 to 2019.

Air Canada has a shortlist of potential new flights departing from Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, touting non-stop service to places such as Guangzhou in China and Mumbai in India – tapping into markets deemed too small to make economic sense for the larger Boeing 777. Other possible destinations include Moscow, Buenos Aires and Johannesburg.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto