daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 7th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #2321
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady gaga View Post
I prefer Austrian tbh! Alitalia is just a bit un orgnized
The funny thing was when I flew to Rome with Alitalia, Austrian came up offering the same flight for $700 and AZ for $900. I did not mind taking Austrian, but I wanted to know what it was to fly direct to Italy. All I have to say it was worth every penny. The EI-CRF(Aliatlia b767) was ten years younger than Austrian 767. I also think that satelite terminal in Rome is very superior to the old Vienna's terminal. On top of that, I did not like late arrival in Rome since I arrived around 6AM with Aliatlia. Took two pictures of my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
YU-AMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #2322
lady gaga
Mod

Likes (Received): 845

Beautiful pictures but in terms of the terminal Fco beats Vie but what I really like is Swiss airlinse they're amazing and Zurich airport is nice
lady gaga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #2323
yyzer

Likes (Received): 45

Interesting news from a Guyanese newspaper today - Guyana carrier EZjet will commence flying Georgetown - Toronto, effective July 17...looks like it will be a weekly charter flight with a 767-200...

http://www.stabroeknews.com/2012/new...ights-july-17/
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:04 AM   #2324
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equario View Post
Indeed, you are right
Btw earlier a few pages back, I promised you some pictures of our third aiport so called Buttonville sport airport in Toronto. You can read more about over here ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttonv...icipal_Airport

Some images that I shot yesterday, I apologize if I am going off topic, but lets keep up busy before we get some pictures of ET B777-LR.

An overview that includes the runway and a few hangars

Shot at 2012-07-11

Shot at 2012-07-11

Shot at 2012-07-11

Shot at 2012-07-11

Shot at 2012-07-11

Shot at 2012-07-11

Shot at 2012-07-11

I think I did okay, but none of the Falcons were there so next time I guess. The Falcon 7X is the biggest that can land there.
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #2325
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14460

Quote:
Btw earlier a few pages back, I promised you some pictures of our third aiport so called Buttonville sport airport in Toronto.
Thanks for sharing your pics! Buttonville is a heaven for Cesna lovers
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #2326
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Quote:
Yeah, I went yesterday to the airport and the plane was there. It's so strange to see that plane at the T1 because VV parks at the T3. I think Aerosvit leaves earlier so I can't take the picture of both of them at the same time..
In this case, YYZ is becoming a focus city for Aerosvit's metal
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #2327
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equario View Post
Thanks for sharing your pics! Buttonville is a heaven for Cesna lovers
Sounds good. Ahh Aerosvit.... I think they need to team up with WestJest to feed their airplanes on YYZ end. I also found lots of negative reviews on the old terminal in KBP. I hope it will get better with the new F terminal.
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #2328
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Quote:
Sounds good. Ahh Aerosvit.... I think they need to team up with WestJest to feed their airplanes on YYZ end. I also found lots of negative reviews on the old terminal in KBP. I hope it will get better with the new F terminal.
You mean the new terminal D
Indeed, it will be great if Aerosvit managed to code-share some routes with WestJest and vice versa, but on the other hand, Aerosvit has some other problems on European market that should be solved.
Old July 16th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #2329
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Air India not resuming YYZ until Sept 1 now. Although, that date has been pushed a few times now.

http://airlineroute.net/2012/07/16/ai-aug12/
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #2330
ACT7

Quote:
First Hudson’s Bay Company airport store to open in Toronto Pearson
Published: 16/07/12

Source: ŠThe Moodie Report

By Melody Ng, Asia Bureau Chief

CANADA. LS travel retail North America is set to open the first ever Hudson’s Bay Company airport store in Toronto Pearson International Airport this October.

"The [Hudson’s Bay Company] brand is part of our nation's collective psyche and it has succeeded in staying relevant for today's savvy fashion shoppers, many of whom are well-travelled"
Gerry Savaria
President and CEO
LS travel retail North America
With its 342-year history, The Hudson’s Bay Company is renowned for its historical role in the development of Canada. Today, the retailer is Canada’s leading department store and has established a reputation for quality, service and style, according to LS travel retail.

Located in Terminal 1, the new Toronto Pearson store will carry a variety of fashion and home accessories from the Hudson's Bay Company Collection ranging from artisanal candles to classic sweaters for men, women and children. Inspired by the company's history, the line is anchored by the popular Hudson’s Bay Company Point Blanket and features the iconic signature stripes in green, red, yellow and indigo.

“Our stripes are internationally recognised, and resonate not only with Canadians but with people from all around the world,” said Hudson’s Bay Company President Bonnie Brooks.
Read more... http://www.moodiereport.com/document...0&doc_id=31665
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #2331
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
Air India not resuming YYZ until Sept 1 now. Although, that date has been pushed a few times now.

http://airlineroute.net/2012/07/16/ai-aug12/
Is it because of that strike?
Old July 16th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #2332
ACT7

Quote:
Is it because of that strike?
Yes, but the strike is over so now it's just getting their schedule up and running again.
Old July 17th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #2333
yyzer

Likes (Received): 45

Ethiopian Airlines operated their inaugural flight to YYZ today - aircraft was ET-ANO, and it landed on runway 23 at about 0840 this morning (about 1 hour late)...they apparently gave him a water cannon salute while he taxied to the gate at Terminal 1...

EZJet will also be operating their inaugural Guyana charter tonight, arriving about 10:00pm from GEO, with a 767...

Busy day at YYZ.
Old July 17th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #2334
ACT7

Saw ET flying in over the haze this morning but couldn't snap a picture from far away.

Also, May numbers are in and it was't the best month in the world for Pearson. Under 2% for the month with international pax only posting an 18K increase. AI seems to have had some impact but it looks like more of a general slow down for the month.

http://www.torontopearson.com/upload.../05-MayPax.pdf
Old July 17th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #2335
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

I wanted to go and take a picture, but I had some feeling they would send her on the R24... I often see KLM A330 land on runway R24. I am sure someone got a good picture of this beauty.
Old July 18th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #2336
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

Just got back from a two week visit to Toronto. I parked at Petrol Canada on Airport Rd, most likely where you take your pics YU, not sure what the runway that is, but I witnessed EKs 380 fly right over me, kind of felt like it was only thirty meters above me.

What a rush, I even felt the air preasure change for a second.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 02:58 AM   #2337
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
Just got back from a two week visit to Toronto. I parked at Petrol Canada on Airport Rd, most likely where you take your pics YU, not sure what the runway that is, but I witnessed EKs 380 fly right over me, kind of felt like it was only thirty meters above me.

What a rush, I even felt the air preasure change for a second.
Ahh really? I bet ya it brought back some memories from the 1980s when you guys waited along the 427 for Jat's DC10s. Yeah I like that spot. There is Wendy's for some quick coffee, Subway when I get hungry and so on.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 03:40 AM   #2338
ACT7

Copa Panama will be starting Cartagena-Toronto service in Summer 2013.

http://www.yyznews.com/Jul.html

Quote:
COPA Panama (CM/CMP) --Jul 12, 2012
New Route ---the Colombian government recently announced the approval of a new non-stop route from Cartagena to Toronto beginning in the summer of 2013. COPA Airlines will offer two weekly direct flights on this route initially and hopes to expand to four per week starting in 2014. Aerocivil, Colombia's civil aviation authority, approved the new international flights to increase the country's connection worldwide. At the same time the agency announced that Avianca will start operating daily flights between Bogota and London UK.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 10:13 PM   #2339
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

ET late second time in a row. This time they left YYZ two hours late..
Old July 24th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #2340
ACT7

http://business.inquirer.net/72997/p...ronto-paris-ny

Quote:
PAL unveils new Boeing, eyes non-stop flights to Toronto, Paris, NY

By: Doris C. Dumlao
Philippine Daily Inquirer
9:09 am | Tuesday, July 24th, 2012

MANILA, Philippines — Flag carrier Philippine Airlines plans to introduce soon non-stop flights to cosmopolitan cities Toronto, Paris and New York City.

This was announced by PAL president Ramon S. Ang Monday night as the flag carrier – now under the management control of San Miguel Corp. which is also led by Ang – toasted the arrival of its third Boeing 777-300ER, deemed as the aircraft of choice for long-haul flights.

“In the months ahead, three more Boeing 777 aircraft will be delivered to PAL. For us, it means a modern fleet that we can be proud of. And for our loyal passengers, this means more new exciting destinations. In the near future, PAL will fly non-stop to Toronto, Paris and New York City,” Ang said.

During the cocktail party, Ang added that the Toronto could be added in three months while flights to Paris could be started by February 2014.

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto