daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 29th, 2012, 04:45 AM   #2401
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,248
Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady gaga View Post
would love to see SV metals in YYZ would be great Saudia is doing great after they entered Skyteam alliance they increased Guanhgzo route to 4 weekly each Jeddah and Riyadh
To tell you the truth, I have been ST fan eversince. Here in YYZ because of AC which is part of Star alliance, I always feel pushed to fly AC/LH if I want to get somewhere. On the otherhand, Skyteam always offers better connections for a decent price when I fly to Europe and so on. That's why I turned down Austrian last time, pitched in $200 extra and flew Alitalia(ST) direct to Rome. I always lough at Austrian because they fly enthic traffic to the former Yugoslavia/Balkans during the summer, so when winter comes, they can't fill up the planes, and they offer cheap fares. That's why in the summer they will always rip you off if you fly to one of those smaller airports that luck competition. That's probably how they manage to stay at YYZ. I am also crazy about direct flight because you can't fly to Belgrade direct as back in the days when Jat flew dc10s to YYZ. So I decided to give cash to Alitalia and enjoy because I can't fly Jat to Beg from YYZ. I am sure many of my Pakistani friends pitch in EXTRA CASH to fly PIA instead of Emirates/Etihad. It is not easy, but it puts a smile on your face when a B777 bomber goes over your head straight from your old country.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #2402
lady gaga
Mod
 
lady gaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Khartoum
Posts: 15,177
Likes (Received): 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
To tell you the truth, I have been ST fan eversince. Here in YYZ because of AC which is part of Star alliance, I always feel pushed to fly AC/LH if I want to get somewhere. On the otherhand, Skyteam always offers better connections for a decent price when I fly to Europe and so on. That's why I turned down Austrian last time, pitched in $200 extra and flew Alitalia(ST) direct to Rome. I always lough at Austrian because they fly enthic traffic to the former Yugoslavia/Balkans during the summer, so when winter comes, they can't fill up the planes, and they offer cheap fares. That's why in the summer they will always rip you off if you fly to one of those smaller airports that luck competition. That's probably how they manage to stay at YYZ. I am also crazy about direct flight because you can't fly to Belgrade direct as back in the days when Jat flew dc10s to YYZ. So I decided to give cash to Alitalia and enjoy because I can't fly Jat to Beg from YYZ. I am sure many of my Pakistani friends pitch in EXTRA CASH to fly PIA instead of Emirates/Etihad. It is not easy, but it puts a smile on your face when a B777 bomber goes over your head straight from your old country.

We are talking about SV here come on lol yeah PIA offers great connections to Pakstanis especially direct flight to there home
lady gaga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #2403
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,248
Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady gaga View Post
We are talking about SV here come on lol yeah PIA offers great connections to Pakstanis especially direct flight to there home
My bad. haha I thought you mean ST as skyteam. All good. You how they say, the more the better.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #2404
lady gaga
Mod
 
lady gaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Khartoum
Posts: 15,177
Likes (Received): 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
My bad. haha I thought you mean ST as skyteam. All good. You how they say, the more the better.
Yup!! best of Luck SV



btw SV was called Saudi Arabia airlines but now turned to Saudia
lady gaga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 05:12 PM   #2405
romantic_guy08
Captain, S.S. Love Boat
 
romantic_guy08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: S.S. Love Boat
Posts: 1,386
Likes (Received): 395

COCKTALES | PAL plans premium economy seating
By: Victor C. Agustin
August 31, 2012 3:10 AM
InterAksyon.com
The online news portal of TV5

Quote:
Philippine Airlines plans to introduce premium economy seating "by mid-2013," PAL president Ramon S. Ang said Thursday at the sidelines of the flag carrier's shareholders' meeting.
Quote:
PAL will also roll out by next year full-flat seats in its business class section along with the delivery of additional long-range planes, hopefully in time for the US lifting of the restrictive category 2 status on the Philippines, Ang added.
Quote:
Even with the US-imposed restrictions, PAL has managed to obtain approval from Canadian authorities to fly to Toronto starting November 28, timed with the delivery of the fourth Boeing 777-300ER.
Quote:
The Toronto flight would alternate with the now daily Manila-Vancouver flight reduced to three-to-four frequencies a week, Ang said.
romantic_guy08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 05:50 PM   #2406
yyzer
Registered User
 
yyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,195
Likes (Received): 45

Awesome news about PR...
__________________
to check out my real estate site, click here
yyzer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:20 AM   #2407
ACT7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,402
Likes (Received): 77

Fantastic news! Although I'm sure YVR isn't thrilled about it. I guess this will make it YYZ's longest non-stop and certainly one of the longest non-stops in the world.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:38 AM   #2408
Joseph85
Registered User
 
Joseph85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tucumán, Argentina
Posts: 16,868
Likes (Received): 6119

I think there should be a direct flight between Buenos Aires and Toronto non-stop without going through Santiago, Chile, will someday materialize
__________________
Tucumán. Proyectos y Construcciones: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2010
Joseph85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #2409
ACT7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,402
Likes (Received): 77

A small update on the PAL route, set to begin November 30th...

http://ttgasia.com/article.php?article_id=4332

Quote:
Philippine Airlines told TTG Asia e-Daily that a new PAL Manila-Toronto route would be launched November 30, in time for the delivery of its fourth Boeing 777-300ER. The service will be thrice-weekly, while the current daily Manila-Vancouver flight will be reduced to four times a week. The return route, Toronto-Manila via Vancouver, will be operated daily.
So we'll being PAL metal on a daily basis in the end and the non-stop will be the three weekly service. If understand this correctly.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #2410
yyzer
Registered User
 
yyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,195
Likes (Received): 45

That news article is confusing - I think it might mean that YYZ will be served 3 x's weekly, but the westbound flights will make a stop in YVR. If they can board passengers in YVR, that would give daily westbound service out of Vancouver (but only 4 x's weekly service eastbound to YVR)....I think...
__________________
to check out my real estate site, click here
yyzer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #2411
ACT7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,402
Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
That news article is confusing - I think it might mean that YYZ will be served 3 x's weekly, but the westbound flights will make a stop in YVR. If they can board passengers in YVR, that would give daily westbound service out of Vancouver (but only 4 x's weekly service eastbound to YVR)....I think...
It's very confusing, because it also begs the question, what happens to the LAS add-on. You're right, the simplest thing is that YYZ will be non-stop on the eastbound leg and stop in YVR on the westbound leg. I don't think PAL will have 5th freedom on that run though, since that AC's highest volume route.

The confusing part is that article is very clear about YVR being reduced to 4 weekly yet have daily ongoing service..
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #2412
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,248
Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
That news article is confusing - I think it might mean that YYZ will be served 3 x's weekly, but the westbound flights will make a stop in YVR. If they can board passengers in YVR, that would give daily westbound service out of Vancouver (but only 4 x's weekly service eastbound to YVR)....I think...
Yeah I wanted to ask earlier about that, can B773ER do YYZ - MNL nonstop? I don't think so... Maybe an "LR" can pull it off. It would not be a shock for me to see the flight go via YVR.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #2413
ACT7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,402
Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Yeah I wanted to ask earlier about that, can B773ER do YYZ - MNL nonstop? I don't think so... Maybe an "LR" can pull it off. It would not be a shock for me to see the flight go via YVR.
It could do it non-stop but the question is whether that's a viable thing to do. I could see a technical stop in Anchorage (which is not uncommon), but the frequencies are confusing as presented by PAL.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #2414
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,248
Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
It could do it non-stop but the question is whether that's a viable thing to do. I could see a technical stop in Anchorage (which is not uncommon), but the frequencies are confusing as presented by PAL.
Spot on. I am not sure if there is the demand for non/stop. Been in touch with many filipinos and it's a tough nut for air travel. Some of them visit their old country very often, some don't visit in a decade. It all depends on family ties, where they came from and so on. Than there is the competition. On top of that, who is going to pay for the front cabin? Any busniess between Canada and Philippines? Expect a late evening arrival, not a good time for snatching some pictures.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #2415
ACT7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,402
Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Spot on. I am not sure if there is the demand for non/stop. Been in touch with many filipinos and it's a tough nut for air travel. Some of them visit their old country very often, some don't visit in a decade. It all depends on family ties, where they came from and so on. Than there is the competition. On top of that, who is going to pay for the front cabin? Any busniess between Canada and Philippines? Expect a late evening arrival, not a good time for snatching some pictures.
I think the demand is there in terms of loads and there's an active discussion going on right now on A.net regarding yield and J class demand. There are about 200,000 Filipinos in the GTA, not to mention the traffic that I'm sure PR hopes to grab from NYC, Chicago, etc. There are enough business ties between Canada and the Philippines to justify the flight, it's just a tremendously long flight and my worry is that even J class will still be low yield.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #2416
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,248
Likes (Received): 1036

Can you pass the link? Searched but nothing came up..
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #2417
ACT7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,402
Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Can you pass the link? Searched but nothing came up..
I assume you mean the A.net link...

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5553466/
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 04:45 AM   #2418
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,248
Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
I assume you mean the A.net link...

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5553466/
Sweet. A-net rocks!
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #2419
Joseph85
Registered User
 
Joseph85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tucumán, Argentina
Posts: 16,868
Likes (Received): 6119

>> Air Canada NW12 Chile / Argentina Operation Changes as of 03SEP12

As per 03SEP12 GDS timetable and inventory display, Air Canada has reversed its plan to increase service to Argentina in Northern Winter 2012/13 season. From Dec 2012, the airline operates daily Toronto – Santiago de Chile, however latest plan sees only 5 of 7 weekly flights will extend to Buenos Aires.

Schedule:

AC092 YYZ2345 – 1205+1SCL1335+1 – 1535+1EZE 77W x13
AC093 EZE1805 – 2015SCL2145 – 0610+1YYZ 77W x24

AC092 YYZ2345 – 1205+1SCL 77W 13
AC093 SCL2145 – 0610+1YYZ 77W 24

Previously the airline planned daily to Buenos Aires from Dec 2012.
Santiago de Chile service operates Day x1 (from YYZ, Day x2 from SCL) from 05DEC12, daily from 17DEC12
__________________
Tucumán. Proyectos y Construcciones: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2010
Joseph85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #2420
Maxi_Moscow
Registered User
 
Maxi_Moscow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,021
Likes (Received): 1516

Aeroflot is planning to return to Toronto in S13 season.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium