daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 21st, 2012, 09:02 PM   #2441
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11257

Speaking of new flights, Philippine Airlines is planning to operate a nonstop flight from Manila to Toronto as part of a Philippine-Canadian deal that would expand allocations of flights between the Philippines and Canada. Although flight schedules are not available at the moment, the deal has been signed: the flight will use PAL's newest Boeing 777-300ER for the service, and it will initially operate thrice weekly (as it will be reallocated from the existing daily MNL-YVR flight). Hopefully, this flight will begin by 30 November 2012, in time for the Holiday rush,

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2012, 02:09 AM   #2442
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 170

Will LOT be the first airline to launch 787 schedule service to YYZ or will it be a different airline?
J@nek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 07:39 PM   #2443
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
Air India just can't seem to get their act together....

In other news, unconfirmed rumour, but it's from a reliable source, that Saudia (SV) are planning YYZ for June, 2013. Flights would be 3 x's weekly with 772, and may include a stop in MAN.

For this to happen, there would need to be a new bilateral air agreement between Saudi Arabia and Canada, as the old one from 25 years ago restricted access to YUL only....
There are a few bilaterals in place that specify YUL before it was decimated by the PQ in the 70's. Saudi would be an awesome addition to see at YYZ.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 08:01 PM   #2444
lady gaga
Mod

Likes (Received): 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
There are a few bilaterals in place that specify YUL before it was decimated by the PQ in the 70's. Saudi would be an awesome addition to see at YYZ.
+10000000
lady gaga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:48 AM   #2445
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Saudi Airlines to YYZ? Hmmm, I think it's possible, but what's the routing like? RUH-YYZ or JED-YYZ? And will it use the Boeing 777-300ER in that case? I wonder though if demand would make that route possible. I think EK or EY to YYZ would make more sense.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:46 AM   #2446
yyzer

Likes (Received): 45

PAL Skeds to YYZ

PR have loaded their YYZ skeds into Amadeus....

effective Nov 30:

PR 118 MNL YYZ 13:55 16:00 non stop

PR 119 YYZ MNL 19:35 05:45+2, stop in YVR

Flights operate Wed-Fri-Sun
Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:47 AM   #2447
yyzer

airliners.net is reporting that the BW GEO-YYZ flights will be starting Dec 1, 2x's weekly, with their new 767-300ERs....no sked timings yet...

Here's the quote from the airliners thread:

"CAL will be launching GEO-YYZ-GEO with the new 767-300er from December 1st 2w"

rest of the thread here: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...41785/#menu194

regards, yyzer
Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:51 AM   #2448
yyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Saudi Airlines to YYZ? Hmmm, I think it's possible, but what's the routing like? RUH-YYZ or JED-YYZ? And will it use the Boeing 777-300ER in that case? I wonder though if demand would make that route possible. I think EK or EY to YYZ would make more sense.
Yes, I am sure that EK and EY are already carrying a fair amount of traffic from Saudi to YYZ....

my source for the rumour, btw, is top notch reliable...
Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:58 AM   #2449
yyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Will LOT be the first airline to launch 787 schedule service to YYZ or will it be a different airline?
Looks like LOT are a good bet..
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:04 AM   #2450
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

yyzer: Wow, thanks for the schedule information! I wish I could have access to Amadeus, but I am ready with my camera when Philippine Airlines (PAL) finally deploys its B777-300ER to San Francisco.

And yes, EK and EY sure carry quite a fair amount of traffic to YYZ indeed. I just don't know though if AC could compete on the YYZ-DXB route since it is operated solely by EK right now.

Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:11 AM   #2451
yyzer

Quote:
yyzer: Wow, thanks for the schedule information! I wish I could have access to Amadeus, but I am ready with my camera when Philippine Airlines (PAL) finally deploys its B777-300ER to San Francisco.

And yes, EK and EY sure carry quite a fair amount of traffic to YYZ indeed. I just don't know though if AC could compete on the YYZ-DXB route since it is operated solely by EK right now.
Hey fieldsofdreams, you can get it here....

http://uk.bestfares.amadeus.net/

Under 'airline' click 'timetables'...

regards,
yyzer
Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:18 PM   #2452
ACT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
PR have loaded their YYZ skeds into Amadeus....

effective Nov 30:

PR 118 MNL YYZ 13:55 16:00 non stop

PR 119 YYZ MNL 19:35 05:45+2, stop in YVR

Flights operate Wed-Fri-Sun
Great news! So did anyone figure out the YVR schedule change then? Seems like YVR is being reduced to 4x weekly, but the 3 'missing' days are in fact the through flight from YYZ on the return. So if I'm interpreting this correctly, YVR will see 4x weekly inbound and daily outbound?? Still doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:34 PM   #2453
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I think the YVR stop is just a technical, refueling stop. It's a pretty long flight indeed back to MNL (in comparison to AC and CX operating to and from HKG) that a refueling stop may be necessary to make the trip.

Old September 24th, 2012, 01:03 AM   #2454
ACT7

Quote:
I think the YVR stop is just a technical, refueling stop. It's a pretty long flight indeed back to MNL (in comparison to AC and CX operating to and from HKG) that a refueling stop may be necessary to make the trip.
Oh I totally agree that it would be considered a technical stop (although that's usually reserved for Anchorage on polar routes). The way PAL made it sound though, it was a 'daily service to YVR' on the return leg - which would imply they are able to pick up passengers. I'm still a little befuddled by the frequency they've stated versus the actual schedule.
Old September 24th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #2455
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7
Oh I totally agree that it would be considered a technical stop (although that's usually reserved for Anchorage on polar routes). The way PAL made it sound though, it was a 'daily service to YVR' on the return leg - which would imply they are able to pick up passengers. I'm still a little befuddled by the frequency they've stated versus the actual schedule.
I highly believe that YVR will be a technical stop on the return leg because currently, the Philippines is currently listed by the FAA as Category 2, meaning that Philippine-based carriers, including Philippine Airlines, may not mount new flights to and from the United States or switch planes on its existing routes between the US and the Philippines, and it could mean that it cannot make its technical stop in Anchorage because it is in the United States. That could be an explanation why PAL chose to fly through YVR on its flight back to MNL. It would be a good choice too since it means that the Canadians have confidence with Filipino carriers, especially PAL, to operate in the country despite the setbacks by the US, the EU, and the ICAO. (I'm fired up to discuss this issue on a new thread)

Old September 24th, 2012, 02:18 AM   #2456
deasine
=)

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
That was precisely my interpretation.
deasine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #2457
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

So that is going to be 4pm arrival at YYZ. That's the timeframe when you have EK A380 and european maddogs arriving. I am pleased.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 07:11 AM   #2458
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Unless AI and ET swing with their B787s which I highly doubt...
Old September 24th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #2459
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC

Unless AI and ET swing with their B787s which I highly doubt...
I've already seen part of the AI B787 schedule... It will initially operate within India first. As for ET, it will operate to IAD first daily.

Old September 24th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #2460
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
I've already seen part of the AI B787 schedule... It will initially operate within India first. As for ET, it will operate to IAD first daily.
On top of that, both ET and AI send their B777s to YYZ. They are heading from the other side of the world. (13-14 hrs flying time)

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto