daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 15th, 2012, 08:21 AM   #2601
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Nice shots! It'd be fun to do plane spotting from the water so that you can take departure and arrival shots from a boat.
I know what you mean hehe. It was worth ten minute walk... The landings are unique as well because the airplanes would make a sharp turn towards the city's skyline, and make their way on the runway. I am looking to get some freetime and head soon to Pearson, have not been there for spotting since this summer.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #2602
reinhart87
heal the world

Location: Jakarta, Seattle, Toronto, Groningen, Leuven, Tilburg, Rotterdam, Shanghai
Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
That would mean competition in in-flight service for AC versus KE as KE provides Kosmo Suites for F class and lie-flat beds for C class, while AC provides lie-flats, but only with C class.
looks like Korean is sending newer 772ER to YYZ. I will be flying with KE to YYZ on December 14. I have heard horror stories that KE used old 772ER to YYZ but now I am a happy boy

btw, does anyone know what is the usual arrival runway for KE? i think it is around 10am in the morning. i am trying to select my seat so that I can have nice overview of Toronto's skyline
reinhart87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #2603
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Oh yeah. And by the way, I think AC power plugs are available at most seats with AC compared to only F and C classes for LH, true? Plus, I think LH offers F class while AC only has C class as the highest service class on board... Does AC have integrated USB plugs on its PTVs for iPod and iPad charging on board?
I just realized that I missed your question. Everything you listed was there. Also when I flew UK, I was able to charge my smartphone on Air transat's A330 while messing with the screen. They got those goodies on some of their newer A330s.
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #2604
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11245

Oh, it seems like PR's new service between MNL and YYZ will have a schedule adjustment for January, with the temporary routing being MNL-YVR-YYZ and vice versa. The original route would have been MNL-YYZ-YVR-MNL; schedule changes will be made as a result.

(source)

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #2605
yyzer

Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Oh, it seems like PR's new service between MNL and YYZ will have a schedule adjustment for January, with the temporary routing being MNL-YVR-YYZ and vice versa. The original route would have been MNL-YYZ-YVR-MNL; schedule changes will be made as a result.

(source)
Probably due to heavy returning Christmas traffic on the MNL-YVR sector - got to accomodate them somehow!
Old November 18th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #2606
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer

Probably due to heavy returning Christmas traffic on the MNL-YVR sector - got to accomodate them somehow!
Heck yeah, that is expected, especially after the Holiday season. So many Filipinos indeed travel that route over the Christmas and New Year, and with the new B777, it's a brand new experience indeed.

Old November 19th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #2607
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Heck yeah, that is expected, especially after the Holiday season. So many Filipinos indeed travel that route over the Christmas and New Year, and with the new B777, it's a brand new experience indeed.
Don't forget, there is some competition from KE and CX. Let them test the market and see how it works out.
Old November 19th, 2012, 04:00 AM   #2608
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinhart87 View Post
looks like Korean is sending newer 772ER to YYZ. I will be flying with KE to YYZ on December 14. I have heard horror stories that KE used old 772ER to YYZ but now I am a happy boy

btw, does anyone know what is the usual arrival runway for KE? i think it is around 10am in the morning. i am trying to select my seat so that I can have nice overview of Toronto's skyline
I looked at the pictures on airliners.net, and I saw 06L arrivals, as well as 23R... It's a 50/50 coin flip where to sit in order to get a decent view.
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #2609
yyzer

from a reliable source, Aeroflot are planning to restart YYZ on June 1, 2013, and will operate 3 x's weekly with A330s....flight numbers will be SU114/115...no official confirmation so far...
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:50 AM   #2610
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Wow not bad at all. AZ, SU and some used to fly here with a B767, and now they are all back with A330 birds.
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #2611
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Don't forget, there is some competition from KE and CX. Let them test the market and see how it works out.
Correct. That would mean though that (hopefully) less people will need to fly through another airport (like HKG, ICN, or NRT) just to get to MNL. It is already a very long flight to begin with, but when the loads are full, then there may be room to grow even further. Also of note: don't forget DL as well! Add to that PR will get at one or two more B777s, and it can become a good potential for growth.

Old November 19th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #2612
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
from a reliable source, Aeroflot are planning to restart YYZ on June 1, 2013, and will operate 3 x's weekly with A330s....flight numbers will be SU114/115...no official confirmation so far...
Excellent! I'm sure they're also seeing the success of Transaero on the route and want some of that action back.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #2613
Kuba116

Likes (Received): 24

Can anybody confirm KLM md11 for summer season 2013?
Kuba116 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #2614
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

As far as I know, I don't know yet. But, KLM is planning to retire its MD-11 fleet "very soon" and will be replaced by more A330s and B777s.

Old November 21st, 2012, 03:22 PM   #2615
yyzer

Looks like SU will in fact be 767-300s....oh well, still good to get them back...from airlineroute.net...

AEROFLOT Plans to Resume Toronto Service from June 2013
by JL
Update at 0230GMT 21NOV12

Skyteam member AEROFLOT in Summer 2013 season is planning to resume Moscow Sheremetyevo – Toronto operation, after over 4 years of service suspension. The airline is planning 3 weekly operation on board Boeing 767-300ER aircraft, from 03JUN13.

Reservation for this route is currently not available to general public. Planned schedule:

SU114 SVO1025 – 1225YYZ 763 357
SU115 YYZ1400 – 0720+1SVO 763 357
Old November 21st, 2012, 04:20 PM   #2616
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
Looks like SU will in fact be 767-300s....oh well, still good to get them back...from airlineroute.net...

AEROFLOT Plans to Resume Toronto Service from June 2013
by JL
Update at 0230GMT 21NOV12

Skyteam member AEROFLOT in Summer 2013 season is planning to resume Moscow Sheremetyevo – Toronto operation, after over 4 years of service suspension. The airline is planning 3 weekly operation on board Boeing 767-300ER aircraft, from 03JUN13.

Reservation for this route is currently not available to general public. Planned schedule:

SU114 SVO1025 – 1225YYZ 763 357
SU115 YYZ1400 – 0720+1SVO 763 357
Doh! You beat me to it
Nice to see them back for sure. Although interesting that they will be using 767's again. i thought half the reason they stopped their flights 4 years ago was because of the inefficiency of their 767's. Either way, great to see them come back.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 08:29 PM   #2617
Kuba116

Likes (Received): 24

Aren't SU in the process of retiring their 767s? Replacement aircraft a330s with recent 77W orders?
Kuba116 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 10:16 PM   #2618
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I think the airline will retire its B767s soon in favor of the A330s. However, it seems like the number of A330s isn't enough to finally retire the 763s to begin with. Besides, it still operates IL-96s too.

Old November 22nd, 2012, 06:55 PM   #2619
Maxi_Moscow

Likes (Received): 1516

Quote:
I think the airline will retire its B767s soon in favor of the A330s. However, it seems like the number of A330s isn't enough to finally retire the 763s to begin with. Besides, it still operates IL-96s too.
Precisely.

Although those IL-96 have new cabins and updated everything. Those 763s are run down severely. I am willing to bet that SU will not deploy 763s to Toronto. I think it will be A332.

You mark my words.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 01:55 AM   #2620
yyzer

rumour of a new Greek startup, 'SkyGreece Airlines', with plans for transatlantic A340 flights in the summer of 2013, including YYZ...

I wish them luck, they'll need it....

http://www.skygreece.com/

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto