daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:23 AM   #2621
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi_Moscow View Post
Precisely.

Although those IL-96 have new cabins and updated everything. Those 763s are run down severely. I am willing to bet that SU will not deploy 763s to Toronto. I think it will be A332.

You mark my words.
Do you think though that SU will operate either A332 or A333 to YYZ since both have the range capability to get to and from SVO?

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:48 AM   #2622
Maxi_Moscow

Likes (Received): 1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Do you think though that SU will operate either A332 or A333 to YYZ since both have the range capability to get to and from SVO?
I think A332. I fly LAX-SVO very often and it is operated by A332. Even now when all seat are sold out and the flight is operated 5 weekly. A333 is something that JFK sees. I say A332 at first and if load is good than up gauged to A333 or B773.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:54 AM   #2623
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi_Moscow View Post
I think A332. I fly LAX-SVO very often and it is operated by A332. Even now when all seat are sold out and the flight is operated 5 weekly. A333 is something that JFK sees. I say A332 at first and if load is good than up gauged to A333 or B773.
Ah ok. I get it. I believe that YYZ can be served adequately with the A332, with the A333 or B77W on a few occasions if needed. Also, as a side track: do you think that SFO will be served by SU again soon?

And as for YYZ, it seems like B763 operations with AC will return to the YYZ-LAX rotation, up to twice daily.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old November 24th, 2012, 04:37 AM   #2624
Maxi_Moscow

Quote:
Ah ok. I get it. I believe that YYZ can be served adequately with the A332, with the A333 or B77W on a few occasions if needed. Also, as a side track: do you think that SFO will be served by SU again soon?
SFO is most definitely on agenda and i think if SU stays just as aggressive than we will see it in 2013.

My sources confirm that SFO will be served again. SU is waiting for a Long Haul fleet to expand. A few 787s are coming before Sochi 2014 btw.
Old November 25th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #2625
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I would really love to see SU return to SFO soon.

Going back to YYZ, question: since YYZ is AC's hub, I wonder how many AC lounges are located in the airport, plus how many of you have gone inside any of them?

Old November 25th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #2626
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18204

Quote:

Going back to YYZ, question: since YYZ is AC's hub, I wonder how many AC lounges are located in the airport, plus how many of you have gone inside any of them?
Technically, AC is headquartered in Montreal, but I don't think they operate a single hub concept. YVR is also a major Asian hub and I won't be surprised if they have even more frequencies to Asia than YYZ.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #2627
Filip
Torontonian 4ever

Likes (Received): 435

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Technically, AC is headquartered in Montreal, but I don't think they operate a single hub concept. YVR is also a major Asian hub and I won't be surprised if they have even more frequencies to Asia than YYZ.
Their main hub is Toronto/Vancouver, but Toronto by far has the most frequencies anywhere. It is commonly referred to by Air Canada as their 'primary hub'.
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:55 AM   #2628
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
I think they are starting to launch a few more flights from YUL. During the summmer, they tend to send the W77 to CDG.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:56 AM   #2629
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:

YYZ-SVO/DME is just about 8 hour flight. Nothing to worry about the range. To answer your question, I think AC got a single lounge and that is their so called maple leaf lounge at the T1. I doubt if they got anything at the T3 simply because that's OW/ST base/terminal.
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:24 AM   #2630
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip View Post
Their main hub is Toronto/Vancouver, but Toronto by far has the most frequencies anywhere. It is commonly referred to by Air Canada as their 'primary hub'.
I agree, and I would argue that YVR is more of strong focus city than any kind of true hub for AC. They have virtually the same Asia-Pacific out of YYZ as YVR, and if you look at the destinations out of YVR, a good chunk of them are very regional Jazz destinations.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #2631
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Question: is anyone heading to YYZ on Friday to welcome Philippine Airlines as it starts its service from Manila with a B77W?

Old November 27th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #2632
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
I think they are starting to launch a few more flights from YUL. During the summmer, they tend to send the W77 to CDG.
Hmmm, do you think that AC will operate Asian flights out of YUL, or is YYZ enough to cover that market? And if AC will indeed launch more routes out of YUL, will it be long-haul routes or regional hops?

Old November 27th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #2633
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Hmmm, do you think that AC will operate Asian flights out of YUL, or is YYZ enough to cover that market? And if AC will indeed launch more routes out of YUL, will it be long-haul routes or regional hops?
I highly doubt it. From what I heard, you need three frames to operate Asia on daily basis... On top of that, you need the premium traffic... I see more routes towards Europe.

Quote:
Question: is anyone heading to YYZ on Friday to welcome Philippine Airlines as it starts its service from Manila with a B77W?
I may, and the forecast is showing +4C sunny. Sweet!
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #2634
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
I highly doubt it. From what I heard, you need three frames to operate Asia on daily basis... On top of that, you need the premium traffic... I see more routes towards Europe.
Ah ok. So it will be the usual European suspects (FRA, AMS, MAD, FCO, MXP, BER, or even SVO). But I then wonder what aircraft would be used to serve them since A333s are deployed out of YYZ and YUL at the same time.

Old November 27th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #2635
ToroTO

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
since YYZ is AC's hub, I wonder how many AC lounges are located in the airport, plus how many of you have gone inside any of them?
There are 3 AC "Maple Leaf" lounges in Toronto terminal 1, one for each of the destination divisions: domestic (flights within Canada), trans-border (flights to USA) and international. It is the same situation in Vancouver and Montreal, other cities have fewer lounges.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...locations.html

Unfortunately, I haven't been in an AC lounge since their base was in the old terminal 2.
ToroTO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #2636
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Ah ok. So it will be the usual European suspects (FRA, AMS, MAD, FCO, MXP, BER, or even SVO). But I then wonder what aircraft would be used to serve them since A333s are deployed out of YYZ and YUL at the same time.
I was reading the other day on airliners that AC listed NCE on the market from YUL. That is the destination from their lowcost division since some of their non XM-B767s are already being configured for their Lowcost division. Looks like they are on the move already to cause some issues for TS. We will see.
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #2637
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
I was reading the other day on airliners that AC listed NCE on the market from YUL. That is the destination from their lowcost division since some of their non XM-B767s are already being configured for their Lowcost division. Looks like they are on the move already to cause some issues for TS. We will see.
So AC operates a low cost (leisure) division... I wonder what differences between those B763s and the same aircraft that have been XM'ed are.

Old November 27th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #2638
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
So AC operates a low cost (leisure) division... I wonder what differences between those B763s and the same aircraft that have been XM'ed are.

That's for the summer 2013. The differences? Probably as sky and ground because it's LC carrier vs legacy carrier.
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #2639
Maxi_Moscow

I wonder why Air Canada does not try Moscow? They could code share with Aeroflot or Aerosvit (Moscow - Kiev)
Old November 28th, 2012, 04:50 AM   #2640
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Simple reason: AC and SU are in different alliances (AC with Star Alliance, SU with Skyteam). But, if the two can codeshare, it would mean both airlines could request their home countries to add more allocations through bilateral air talks. I don't know though if Aerosvit (VV) could make a deal with AC, though.

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto