daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:23 AM   #2621
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator
 
fieldsofdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manila • San Francisco
Posts: 18,821
Likes (Received): 11257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi_Moscow View Post
Precisely.

Although those IL-96 have new cabins and updated everything. Those 763s are run down severely. I am willing to bet that SU will not deploy 763s to Toronto. I think it will be A332.

You mark my words.
Do you think though that SU will operate either A332 or A333 to YYZ since both have the range capability to get to and from SVO?
__________________
Anthony or FOD the MOD • Urban Studies & Planning, SF State, UC Berkeley, and San Jose State
Philippine Forums • SF Bay Area Forums • Bay Area Transit • NEW! SF Bay Area and NorCal in Pictures
Photo Albums: Flickr • Photobucket • Instagram

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:48 AM   #2622
Maxi_Moscow
Registered User
 
Maxi_Moscow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,021
Likes (Received): 1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Do you think though that SU will operate either A332 or A333 to YYZ since both have the range capability to get to and from SVO?
I think A332. I fly LAX-SVO very often and it is operated by A332. Even now when all seat are sold out and the flight is operated 5 weekly. A333 is something that JFK sees. I say A332 at first and if load is good than up gauged to A333 or B773.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:54 AM   #2623
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator
 
fieldsofdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manila • San Francisco
Posts: 18,821
Likes (Received): 11257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi_Moscow View Post
I think A332. I fly LAX-SVO very often and it is operated by A332. Even now when all seat are sold out and the flight is operated 5 weekly. A333 is something that JFK sees. I say A332 at first and if load is good than up gauged to A333 or B773.
Ah ok. I get it. I believe that YYZ can be served adequately with the A332, with the A333 or B77W on a few occasions if needed. Also, as a side track: do you think that SFO will be served by SU again soon?

And as for YYZ, it seems like B763 operations with AC will return to the YYZ-LAX rotation, up to twice daily.
__________________
Anthony or FOD the MOD • Urban Studies & Planning, SF State, UC Berkeley, and San Jose State
Philippine Forums • SF Bay Area Forums • Bay Area Transit • NEW! SF Bay Area and NorCal in Pictures
Photo Albums: Flickr • Photobucket • Instagram

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2012, 04:37 AM   #2624
Maxi_Moscow
Registered User
 
Maxi_Moscow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,021
Likes (Received): 1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Ah ok. I get it. I believe that YYZ can be served adequately with the A332, with the A333 or B77W on a few occasions if needed. Also, as a side track: do you think that SFO will be served by SU again soon?
SFO is most definitely on agenda and i think if SU stays just as aggressive than we will see it in 2013.

My sources confirm that SFO will be served again. SU is waiting for a Long Haul fleet to expand. A few 787s are coming before Sochi 2014 btw.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #2625
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator
 
fieldsofdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manila • San Francisco
Posts: 18,821
Likes (Received): 11257

I would really love to see SU return to SFO soon.

Going back to YYZ, question: since YYZ is AC's hub, I wonder how many AC lounges are located in the airport, plus how many of you have gone inside any of them?
__________________
Anthony or FOD the MOD • Urban Studies & Planning, SF State, UC Berkeley, and San Jose State
Philippine Forums • SF Bay Area Forums • Bay Area Transit • NEW! SF Bay Area and NorCal in Pictures
Photo Albums: Flickr • Photobucket • Instagram

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #2626
hkskyline
Hong Kong
 
hkskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 86,935
Likes (Received): 18204

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
I would really love to see SU return to SFO soon.

Going back to YYZ, question: since YYZ is AC's hub, I wonder how many AC lounges are located in the airport, plus how many of you have gone inside any of them?
Technically, AC is headquartered in Montreal, but I don't think they operate a single hub concept. YVR is also a major Asian hub and I won't be surprised if they have even more frequencies to Asia than YYZ.
__________________
Hong Kong Photo Gallery - Click Here for the Hong Kong Galleries

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #2627
Filip
Torontonian 4ever
 
Filip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,891
Likes (Received): 435

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Technically, AC is headquartered in Montreal, but I don't think they operate a single hub concept. YVR is also a major Asian hub and I won't be surprised if they have even more frequencies to Asia than YYZ.
Their main hub is Toronto/Vancouver, but Toronto by far has the most frequencies anywhere. It is commonly referred to by Air Canada as their 'primary hub'.
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:55 AM   #2628
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,248
Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Technically, AC is headquartered in Montreal, but I don't think they operate a single hub concept. YVR is also a major Asian hub and I won't be surprised if they have even more frequencies to Asia than YYZ.
I think they are starting to launch a few more flights from YUL. During the summmer, they tend to send the W77 to CDG.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:56 AM   #2629
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,248
Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
I would really love to see SU return to SFO soon.

Going back to YYZ, question: since YYZ is AC's hub, I wonder how many AC lounges are located in the airport, plus how many of you have gone inside any of them?
YYZ-SVO/DME is just about 8 hour flight. Nothing to worry about the range. To answer your question, I think AC got a single lounge and that is their so called maple leaf lounge at the T1. I doubt if they got anything at the T3 simply because that's OW/ST base/terminal.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:24 AM   #2630
ACT7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,402
Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip View Post
Their main hub is Toronto/Vancouver, but Toronto by far has the most frequencies anywhere. It is commonly referred to by Air Canada as their 'primary hub'.
I agree, and I would argue that YVR is more of strong focus city than any kind of true hub for AC. They have virtually the same Asia-Pacific out of YYZ as YVR, and if you look at the destinations out of YVR, a good chunk of them are very regional Jazz destinations.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #2631
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator
 
fieldsofdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manila • San Francisco
Posts: 18,821
Likes (Received): 11257

Question: is anyone heading to YYZ on Friday to welcome Philippine Airlines as it starts its service from Manila with a B77W?
__________________
Anthony or FOD the MOD • Urban Studies & Planning, SF State, UC Berkeley, and San Jose State
Philippine Forums • SF Bay Area Forums • Bay Area Transit • NEW! SF Bay Area and NorCal in Pictures
Photo Albums: Flickr • Photobucket • Instagram

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #2632
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator
 
fieldsofdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manila • San Francisco
Posts: 18,821
Likes (Received): 11257

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
I think they are starting to launch a few more flights from YUL. During the summmer, they tend to send the W77 to CDG.
Hmmm, do you think that AC will operate Asian flights out of YUL, or is YYZ enough to cover that market? And if AC will indeed launch more routes out of YUL, will it be long-haul routes or regional hops?
__________________
Anthony or FOD the MOD • Urban Studies & Planning, SF State, UC Berkeley, and San Jose State
Philippine Forums • SF Bay Area Forums • Bay Area Transit • NEW! SF Bay Area and NorCal in Pictures
Photo Albums: Flickr • Photobucket • Instagram

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #2633
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,248
Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Hmmm, do you think that AC will operate Asian flights out of YUL, or is YYZ enough to cover that market? And if AC will indeed launch more routes out of YUL, will it be long-haul routes or regional hops?
I highly doubt it. From what I heard, you need three frames to operate Asia on daily basis... On top of that, you need the premium traffic... I see more routes towards Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Question: is anyone heading to YYZ on Friday to welcome Philippine Airlines as it starts its service from Manila with a B77W?
I may, and the forecast is showing +4C sunny. Sweet!
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #2634
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator
 
fieldsofdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manila • San Francisco
Posts: 18,821
Likes (Received): 11257

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
I highly doubt it. From what I heard, you need three frames to operate Asia on daily basis... On top of that, you need the premium traffic... I see more routes towards Europe.
Ah ok. So it will be the usual European suspects (FRA, AMS, MAD, FCO, MXP, BER, or even SVO). But I then wonder what aircraft would be used to serve them since A333s are deployed out of YYZ and YUL at the same time.
__________________
Anthony or FOD the MOD • Urban Studies & Planning, SF State, UC Berkeley, and San Jose State
Philippine Forums • SF Bay Area Forums • Bay Area Transit • NEW! SF Bay Area and NorCal in Pictures
Photo Albums: Flickr • Photobucket • Instagram

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #2635
ToroTO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 67
Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
since YYZ is AC's hub, I wonder how many AC lounges are located in the airport, plus how many of you have gone inside any of them?
There are 3 AC "Maple Leaf" lounges in Toronto terminal 1, one for each of the destination divisions: domestic (flights within Canada), trans-border (flights to USA) and international. It is the same situation in Vancouver and Montreal, other cities have fewer lounges.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...locations.html

Unfortunately, I haven't been in an AC lounge since their base was in the old terminal 2.
ToroTO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #2636
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,248
Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Ah ok. So it will be the usual European suspects (FRA, AMS, MAD, FCO, MXP, BER, or even SVO). But I then wonder what aircraft would be used to serve them since A333s are deployed out of YYZ and YUL at the same time.
I was reading the other day on airliners that AC listed NCE on the market from YUL. That is the destination from their lowcost division since some of their non XM-B767s are already being configured for their Lowcost division. Looks like they are on the move already to cause some issues for TS. We will see.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #2637
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator
 
fieldsofdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manila • San Francisco
Posts: 18,821
Likes (Received): 11257

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
I was reading the other day on airliners that AC listed NCE on the market from YUL. That is the destination from their lowcost division since some of their non XM-B767s are already being configured for their Lowcost division. Looks like they are on the move already to cause some issues for TS. We will see.
So AC operates a low cost (leisure) division... I wonder what differences between those B763s and the same aircraft that have been XM'ed are.
__________________
Anthony or FOD the MOD • Urban Studies & Planning, SF State, UC Berkeley, and San Jose State
Philippine Forums • SF Bay Area Forums • Bay Area Transit • NEW! SF Bay Area and NorCal in Pictures
Photo Albums: Flickr • Photobucket • Instagram

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #2638
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd
 
YU-AMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,248
Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
So AC operates a low cost (leisure) division... I wonder what differences between those B763s and the same aircraft that have been XM'ed are.

That's for the summer 2013. The differences? Probably as sky and ground because it's LC carrier vs legacy carrier.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #2639
Maxi_Moscow
Registered User
 
Maxi_Moscow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,021
Likes (Received): 1516

I wonder why Air Canada does not try Moscow? They could code share with Aeroflot or Aerosvit (Moscow - Kiev)
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 04:50 AM   #2640
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator
 
fieldsofdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manila • San Francisco
Posts: 18,821
Likes (Received): 11257

Simple reason: AC and SU are in different alliances (AC with Star Alliance, SU with Skyteam). But, if the two can codeshare, it would mean both airlines could request their home countries to add more allocations through bilateral air talks. I don't know though if Aerosvit (VV) could make a deal with AC, though.
__________________
Anthony or FOD the MOD • Urban Studies & Planning, SF State, UC Berkeley, and San Jose State
Philippine Forums • SF Bay Area Forums • Bay Area Transit • NEW! SF Bay Area and NorCal in Pictures
Photo Albums: Flickr • Photobucket • Instagram

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium