daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 28th, 2012, 06:02 AM   #2641
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Simple reason: AC and SU are in different alliances (AC with Star Alliance, SU with Skyteam). But, if the two can codeshare, it would mean both airlines could request their home countries to add more allocations through bilateral air talks. I don't know though if Aerosvit (VV) could make a deal with AC, though.
Yeah, and AC want to route those passengers via star alliance hubs. What SU can do, they can codeshare with Westjet because they will be at the same terminal. Also VV can not codeshare with AC because VV is based at T3 whereas AC at T1, however VV can codeshare with Westjest just like SU.

Last edited by YU-AMC; November 28th, 2012 at 06:09 AM.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #2642
Maxi_Moscow

Likes (Received): 1516

Quote:
Simple reason: AC and SU are in different alliances (AC with Star Alliance, SU with Skyteam). But, if the two can codeshare, it would mean both airlines could request their home countries to add more allocations through bilateral air talks. I don't know though if Aerosvit (VV) could make a deal with AC, though.
Right by being in different alliances does not mean the can not codeshare. But hey, how about TransAero for that Matter? They codeshare with Singapore (Star Alliance) and used to with BMI (Also Star).

It just does not register how Air Canada is missing out on Russia.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #2643
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi_Moscow View Post
Right by being in different alliances does not mean the can not codeshare. But hey, how about TransAero for that Matter? They codeshare with Singapore (Star Alliance) and used to with BMI (Also Star).

It just does not register how Air Canada is missing out on Russia.
Canadian politics had a bad policy towards developing countries such as Russia, China, UAE, etc, etc.

They're starting to slowly realize the world is changing, especially with US trade dropping drastically.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #2644
yyzer

Likes (Received): 45

AC adding YYZ-IST, YYZ-SEL, and more....

Interesting article in today's Toronto Star newspaper...

http://www.thestar.com/travel/articl...push-into-asia
Old November 29th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #2645
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18149

They tried Toronto - Seoul many years ago, which failed and they quietly and quickly stopped the route. Hope they have better luck this time.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #2646
krnboy1009

Likes (Received): 169

If I remember correctly doesnt AC fly YYZ-ICN daily via Vancouver?
krnboy1009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 03:37 AM   #2647
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11245

I will confirm the details on AC's new flights and frequency expansions:

Air Canada today (29NOV12) announced International service expansion for Summer 2013, which includes the following:

NEW Routes
Toronto – Istanbul eff 04JUN13 NEW 3 weekly service, subject to Government Approval
AC810 YYZ2000 – 1315+1IST 763 245
AC811 IST1445 – 1850YYZ 763 356

Toronto – Seoul Incheon eff 02JUN13 NEW 3 weekly service
AC061 YYZ1405 – 1635+1ICN 77W 357
AC062 ICN1830 – 1810YYZ 77W 146

Service Increase
Toronto – Beijing eff 01JUN13 Service increases from 7 weekly to 10 weekly

Source

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 03:43 AM   #2648
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
If I remember correctly doesnt AC fly YYZ-ICN daily via Vancouver?
I see them listed with 2 different flight numbers.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #2649
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Wow, nice! So between AC and TK, there will be 8 weekly departures to IST from YYZ.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #2650
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

My next question: will AC do YYZ-DXB to compete with EK service?

Old November 30th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #2651
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
My next question: will AC do YYZ-DXB to compete with EK service?
AC doesn't have a *Alliance partner in DXB for connecting destinations, like TK in IST. They will not have enough end destination pax to pull it off, and let's not forget who really wants to fly AC to DXB when you can fly EK ?

I have a feeling AC are adding IST because they know EK will get greater access to Canada soon.
Old November 30th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #2652
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
AC doesn't have a *Alliance partner in DXB for connecting destinations, like TK in IST. They will not have enough end destination pax to pull it off, and let's not forget who really wants to fly AC to DXB when you can fly EK ?

I have a feeling AC are adding IST because they know EK will get greater access to Canada soon.
I completely agree with your last comment.

Reservations are now open for everything but the PEK increases.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #2653
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:

But does TK have good connectivity to India though, which is the greatest benefit for flying EK from the East Coast now?

Old November 30th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #2654
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
But does TK have good connectivity to India though, which is the greatest benefit for flying EK from the East Coast now?
Nothing is even close to EK when it comes to India. They will add more capacity to existing destinations, and add more routes in India very soon on top of everything now. The Indian government gave the green light a few weeks ago to certain foreign airlines to expand operations in India, and even allowed foreign investment of they're domestic carriers. The reason the Indian government did a 180 was because they were on the verge of getting credit downgrade.

Looks like Etihad will take a minority stake in Jet Airways, plus tie up in some way, we will see.
Old November 30th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #2655
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Since we are on AC topic, Noir, have you had a chance to use AC's shortlived service from YYZ to ZAG via Zurich? I head AC started Zagreb in the late 1980 and halted afterwards.
Old December 1st, 2012, 02:15 AM   #2656
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Nothing is even close to EK when it comes to India. They will add more capacity to existing destinations, and add more routes in India very soon on top of everything now. The Indian government gave the green light a few weeks ago to certain foreign airlines to expand operations in India, and even allowed foreign investment of they're domestic carriers. The reason the Indian government did a 180 was because they were on the verge of getting credit downgrade.

Looks like Etihad will take a minority stake in Jet Airways, plus tie up in some way, we will see.
EK has indeed made India one of the airline's key markets, with service to at least five destinations in the country (DEL, BOM, MAA, BLR, HYD, plus some more), and I believe that the airline could expand to Canada... It's just that I don't know how many aircraft will be needed to serve at least YUL and YVR to expand its reach.

Old December 1st, 2012, 02:20 AM   #2657
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Btw Pr118 landed around 5:30pm. A bit late for picture taking, but next week we are expecting as high as 13c warm weather. Lets hope they come in slighly earlier. I am looking to see colourful A330NG from Alitalia, as well as LOT 787 later on.
Old December 1st, 2012, 02:39 AM   #2658
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Awww really? 5:30pm? Dang... I think that's after sunset, but I wonder if there was a water cannon salute for that inaugural flight. That means, welcome to Toronto, Philippine Airlines! I think it is now one of the longest nonstop flights ever to operate to there.

Old December 1st, 2012, 02:47 AM   #2659
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Awww really? 5:30pm? Dang... I think that's after sunset, but I wonder if there was a water cannon salute for that inaugural flight. That means, welcome to Toronto, Philippine Airlines! I think it is now one of the longest nonstop flights ever to operate to there.
Yeah and it was cloudy day. I am guessing you are filipino if you don't mind me asking? I am sure someone will try to take a picture at the gate.
Old December 1st, 2012, 02:57 AM   #2660
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Yes I am. Born and raised for 18 years in Manila, in fact! That's why I cross over to the Philippine forums as well in the process -- in fact, on my Transportation and Aviation link, you will see there I have created threads related to Philippine aviation issues.

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto