daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 14th, 2013, 05:43 AM   #2841
Kuba116

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Excellent. Is it possible to spot a Cubana aircraft or any of the unique carriers flying into and out of YYZ too?
Yes it is, just last week I saw a delta a320. http://yyznews.com/airportlog3.html for all rare aircraft at yyz. Here's a poor shot of mine as I just got to the location and had no time to set up:
Kuba116 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:48 AM   #2842
Kuba116

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by UADLAAUSair View Post
First post

Just saw this, it will be nice to see their newer aircraft one the route. Hopefully I will catch it when I go on February 2nd.

Yes, it is possible to catch Cubana aircraft in Toronto. Currently they are flying a scheduled A320 service on several days of the week however the A320 is leased from Avion Express. They also fly the Tupolev TU-204 on cargo services occasionally.
Welcome to the thread and great shots! Good to see this thread about YYZ gaining popularity!
Kuba116 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:53 AM   #2843
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Sweet!
Kuba116,
thanks for the info. I always wanted to check out the 06L/06R side
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:12 AM   #2844
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba116 View Post
Yes it is, just last week I saw a delta a320. http://yyznews.com/airportlog3.html for all rare aircraft at yyz. Here's a poor shot of mine as I just got to the location and had no time to set up:
Aha, now I see that aircraft... Cubana Cargo, must be a TU-204. It may be poor, but you've got a pretty rare shot. Well done, and keep them coming!

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #2845
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14458

Quote:
Aha, now I see that aircraft... Cubana Cargo, must be a TU-204. It may be poor, but you've got a pretty rare shot. Well done, and keep them coming!
Indeed, it's

And thanks for all above posted photos! They are awesome

P.S. speaking of rare airlines. Starting March 2013, Ukraine International Airlines (PS), instead of AeroSvit (VV), might start serving YYZ. Though, no confirmed information is given, but everything points out that it will be this way.
Guess what will be the metal? Former Air India's 77L (confirmed information)
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #2846
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I think it makes much more sense to send a B77L to YYZ from KBP rather than just being stuck with a B763. Hopefully, Ukraine International will be operated better than Aerosvit, not just with customer service, but also aircraft maintenance and upkeep.

Old January 14th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #2847
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Quote:
I think it makes much more sense to send a B77L to YYZ from KBP rather than just being stuck with a B763. Hopefully, Ukraine International will be operated better than Aerosvit, not just with customer service, but also aircraft maintenance and upkeep.
Hope so, however AeroSvit now owns Ukraine International. Anyway, it's hope that they will start/resume serving YYZ.
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #2848
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equario View Post
Hope so, however AeroSvit now owns Ukraine International. Anyway, it's hope that they will start/resume serving YYZ.
On YYZ wikipedia page, it says Spring 2013 but I would not trust it.
Old January 15th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #2849
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Hmm, wonder why...?

http://airlineroute.net/2013/01/15/pr-yyz-jan13update3/

Quote:
Philippine Airlines Shelves Planned Toronto Service Increase due mid-Jan 2013

by JL

Update at 0420GMT 15JAN13

As per 15JAN13 GDS timetable and inventory display, Philippine Airlines has shelved its plan to increase Toronto operation to daily, previously due to start from 17JAN13. The airline will maintain 3 weekly operation on board Boeing 777-300ER.

PR118 MNL1500 – 1700YYZ 77W 357
PR119 YYZ1935 – 2130YVR2330 – 0545+2MNL 77W 357
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #2850
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
On YYZ wikipedia page, it says Spring 2013 but I would not trust it.
True. Routes information mentioned on wikipedia are not always trustworthy. However, I give 80% that YYZ will be resumed anyway. It's a bit strategical destination.
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #2851
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
Perhaps because Philippine Airlines will wait until the next scheduling cycle which will start 31 March so that it can be included and make the flight a daily rotation. Or another reason could be a lack of available aircraft.

Old January 16th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #2852
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Simply fantastic shots! Gotta love AC's B777s!
Same here, but I love them even more because it's american. I like where my taxmoney went. Canada should side by Usa and be there to boost the economy and the other way around. Lets hope we get a Boeing order for the narrowbody fleet.
Old January 16th, 2013, 03:31 AM   #2853
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:

Same here, but I love them even more because it's american. I like where my taxmoney went. Canada should side by Usa and be there to boost the economy and the other way around. Lets hope we get a Boeing order for the narrowbody fleet.
Wait a second: AC is owned by the Canadian government? Perhaps a B737Max or B738 (or even B739) would work for AC. But I truly love the Embraer aircraft myself... it's pretty unique that it's also fuel efficient. Here in the Bay Area, we see AC's E190 operating between YVR and SFO, and it's a sight to behold. I like the A320s better though for AC since those are more fuel efficient... yet Boeing is catching up with the B737Max series.

Old January 16th, 2013, 03:39 AM   #2854
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Wait a second: AC is owned by the Canadian government? Perhaps a B737Max or B738 (or even B739) would work for AC. But I truly love the Embraer aircraft myself... it's pretty unique that it's also fuel efficient. Here in the Bay Area, we see AC's E190 operating between YVR and SFO, and it's a sight to behold. I like the A320s better though for AC since those are more fuel efficient... yet Boeing is catching up with the B737Max series.
I think the 190 series E jets will stay, but the 170 series may go. They seem to be happy with E-jETS in general. Not sure about the ownership as of now, but I think it's privatized.
Old January 16th, 2013, 03:43 AM   #2855
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:

I think 190 series E jets will stay, but 170 series may go. They seem to be happy with E-jETS in general. Not sure about the ownership as of now, but I think it's privatized.
You said earlier "I like where my taxpayer money went"... that made me think that AC is owned by the government. but yes, I really like the E-Jets by Embraer. Looks much simpler and can be able to seat around 100 passengers comfortably.

Old January 16th, 2013, 04:01 AM   #2856
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
You said earlier "I like where my taxpayer money went"... that made me think that AC is owned by the government. but yes, I really like the E-Jets by Embraer. Looks much simpler and can be able to seat around 100 passengers comfortably.
It was when they placed an order, but I would say it was a good move rather than political. AC needed that airplane for the non-stop service to Asia.
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #2857
urbanfan89

Likes (Received): 67

Quote:
Perhaps because Philippine Airlines will wait until the next scheduling cycle which will start 31 March so that it can be included and make the flight a daily rotation. Or another reason could be a lack of available aircraft.
Part of me thinks the low yields are hurting its profitability. Don`t forget the only other non-stop flight between Southeast Asia and eastern North America is the daily SQ business class only flight to Newark, which requires ultra-high yields to succeed.
urbanfan89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:28 AM   #2858
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanfan89 View Post
Part of me thinks the low yields are hurting its profitability. Don`t forget the only other non-stop flight between Southeast Asia and eastern North America is the daily SQ business class only flight to Newark, which requires ultra-high yields to succeed.
Perhaps. And right now, SQ is in the process of removing that particular flight for good this year, which makes it even more sad. Hopefully, the PR flight can help compensate for that flight loss, and I would really like to see its business product go up more notches to compete with the likes of CX, AC, and other carriers.

Old January 16th, 2013, 06:21 AM   #2859
abnet

Likes (Received): 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
Yes, but it was initially with twice weekly service. Is the third flight accurate or a typo on YYZ's website?
Its a typo.For more information check this .Ethiopia Airlines again is going serve YYZ with its Dreamliner

Quote:

Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 787 Operation Changes Jan – Mar 2013
by JL

Update at 0320GMT 03JAN13

As per 03JAN13 GDS timetable and inventory display, Ethiopian Airlines further changes to planned Boeing 787 operation. Latest operation as follows.

Revised Boeing 787 Service
Addis Ababa – Harare – Lusaka – Addis Ababa Boeing 787 operates Day x24 instead of daily from 27JAN13 (Day 24 operated by 777-200LR; Service until 26JAN13 operates with a mix of 767/777/787)
Addis Ababa – Johannesburg Boeing 787 operation extended beyond 16JAN13, replacing 767 (15JAN13 operated by 777-200LR)
Addis Ababa – Toronto Boeing 787 operating once again from 15JAN13 as planned, twice a week (westbound via Rome)
Addis Ababa – Washington Boeing 787 operating once again from 31JAN13 as planned, 5 times a week (westbound via Rome)

Termination of Boeing 787 service
Addis Ababa – Beijing Boeing 787 operates until 31JAN13 as planned
Addis Ababa – Dubai Boeing 787 operates on ET600/601 until 09JAN13 on Day x347 (until 10JAN13 from DXB on Day x145)
Addis Ababa – Mumbai Boeing 787 operation has been replaced by Boeing 767-300ER since 01JAN13

Boeing 787 daily operation on Addis Ababa – Frankfurt route remains unchanged
(Visited 1,837 times, 28 visits today)
Read more from 2012/13, Ethiopian Airlines, [Boeing 787], [Star Alliance]

http://airlineroute.net/2013/01/03/et-787-jan13/

This is the Dreamliner used to fly to YYZ.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Sourcehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Last edited by abnet; January 16th, 2013 at 06:32 AM.
abnet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #2860
urbanfan89

Likes (Received): 67

^ Hopefully the 787 isn't grounded by then. Every day there's another problem.
urbanfan89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto