daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 13th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #2961
Gil

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
This is something I have never seen from AC before at YYZ: can anyone tell me about this livery on an A319, please? Pic was taken around two weeks ago.

Source

It's Air Canada's vintage livery from the look of it. Probably brought out to celebrate what looks like the airline's 75 anniversary. It says 60 in between the 1937 and 1997.
Gil no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #2962
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Oh yah, that's been around for a while. I was on it in the span of a week last year between YYZ and YYC.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #2963
koolio

Likes (Received): 1558

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
^One of the best if not the best spot. There is a coffee shop and Wendy's for relaxing.
Yeah I've been there once before picking up my Dad at the airport. Back then I didn't know that spotting was such a widespread hobby, hence the sight of so many people with their cameras was a bit weird.
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #2964
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolio View Post
Yeah I've been there once before picking up my Dad at the airport. Back then I didn't know that spotting was such a widespread hobby, hence the sight of so many people with their cameras was a bit weird.
Yeah, I like that idea as well. I would rather wait there and just wait for the ring before you drive at the airport for a pick up. You can easly save $20 and avoid huge parking lot and parking paytoll on the way out.
YU-AMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #2965
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
It's Air Canada's vintage livery from the look of it. Probably brought out to celebrate what looks like the airline's 75 anniversary. It says 60 in between the 1937 and 1997.
Maybe it should say 75 because last year (2012) would be the 75th year of operations...

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:46 AM   #2966
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

1970s.. Is that the 401 behind?

Old March 14th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #2967
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11255

Let me brief you on latest developments on Toronto airport operations:

Philippine Airlines Summer 2013 Operation Adjustments

Manila – Toronto:
3 weekly service will operate via Vancouver in both direction, instead of Manila – Toronto – Vancouver – Manila

PR118 MNL1500 – 1200YVR1330 – 2050YYZ 77W 357
PR119 YYZ2220 – 0010+1YVR0125+1 – 0555+2MNL 77W 357

Overall service to Vancouver will increase to 7 weekly in both direction once again.

Ethiopian Airlines Extends B787 Cancellations Until 30 April 2013

With the Dreamliner grounded, Ethiopian Airlines will see aircraft changes on many routes, including Toronto, in effect until mid-June 2013.

Addis Ababa – Toronto:
Between 31 March and 30 April 2013, 2 weekly service operated by Boeing 767. (777-200LR operates from 01MAY13. ET did not schedule 787 operation prior to grounding)

Air France/WestJet Launched Codesharing on 12 March 2013

AIRFRANCE has begun codesharing operations with WestJet, where “AF” code will be displayed on 15 routes operated by the Canadian carrier. Reservations for these codeshare flights, under AF6540 – 6599 flight number series, are now open. Available routes from Toronto include:

- Toronto – Calgary
- Toronto – Edmonton
- Toronto – Halifax
- Toronto – Moncton
- Toronto – Montreal
- Toronto – Ottawa
- Toronto – Quebec City
- Toronto – Regina
- Toronto – Saskatoon
- Toronto – St. John’s NFLD
- Toronto – Thunder Bay
- Toronto – Vancouver
- Toronto – Winnipeg

Other routes originate from Montreal.

The implementation of codeshare agreement occurs 4 years after WestJet signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) of codeshare partnership with AIRFRANCE-KLM on 4 February 2009. Codeshare partnership with KLM went into effect on 26 September 2011.

Air Canada Adds 2nd Daily Service to Sydney (Nova Scotia) for Summer 2013

The airline will double its Toronto to Sydney (NS) between 22 June and 1 September 2013, on board CRJ-200 aircraft. Schedules:

AC8796 YYZ0810 – 1129YQY CRJ D
AC8794 YYZ2215 – 0134+1YQY CRJ D

AC8795 YQY0550 – 0730YYZ CRJ D
AC8799 YQY1200 – 1340YYZ CRJ D

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:36 AM   #2968
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

^Good work! Btw I am eager to know how much feed will Air France get from WestJet. Oh boy I wish those guys could get some bigger birds to piss Air Canada off.

By the way, I expected PR to go daily to YYZ? What has gone wrong?
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #2969
Kuba116

Likes (Received): 24

Not official but LOT is looking into the A332. Source in Polish:
http://www.pasazer.com/in-13347-a330...stwie,b787.php
Kuba116 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #2970
ACT7

Quote:
^Good work! Btw I am eager to know how much feed will Air France get from WestJet. Oh boy I wish those guys could get some bigger birds to piss Air Canada off.

By the way, I expected PR to go daily to YYZ? What has gone wrong?
I don't think anything has gone wrong as such. It's a just a super long flight that is predominantly low yielding traffic. Although, I'm pretty sure that PR doesn't have 5th freedom between YVR and YYZ.
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #2971
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
I don't think anything has gone wrong as such. It's a just a super long flight that is predominantly low yielding traffic. Although, I'm pretty sure that PR doesn't have 5th freedom between YVR and YYZ.
Correct, but even if they did have, they woud face some serious competition from AC and WestJet.

Btw has anyone read about ignored go around at YYZ? I heard sone van ran over the runway and AC E-jet missed it by a foot or two. I bet that was scary!
Old March 16th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #2972
ACT7

Awesome news from AC, and a long time coming in my opinion...

Quote:
Air Canada to launch Rio de Janeiro service from 2014; to upgauge Toronto-Sγo Paulo from Oct-2013

15-Mar-2013 4:06 PM
http://centreforaviation.com/profile...al-airport-yyz
Old March 16th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #2973
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18195

Quote:
Correct, but even if they did have, they woud face some serious competition from AC and WestJet.

Btw has anyone read about ignored go around at YYZ? I heard sone van ran over the runway and AC E-jet missed it by a foot or two. I bet that was scary!
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2..._nearmiss.html

The incident happened just before midnight Monday when an unattended Sunwing Airlines van rolled across the airport tarmac and onto Runway 24 Right.

Sophisticated radar used to track targets on the ground at Pearson alerted an air traffic controller to the presence of the van approaching the runway. He immediately issued two urgent commands to the pilots of the Air Canada jet — just minutes from touchdown — to abandon their landing and go-around.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #2974
yyzer

Likes (Received): 45

Rumour of Aer Lingus considering YYZ..

http://www.ittn.ie/bulletins/aer-lin...xpand-flights/
Old March 25th, 2013, 01:48 AM   #2975
Gil

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
Rumour of Aer Lingus considering YYZ..

http://www.ittn.ie/bulletins/aer-lin...xpand-flights/
Given the Irish influx with the state of their economy compared to the Canadian economy they may be gearing up to deal with a new Irish diaspora. Direct flights between Canada and Ireland are hard to come by at certain times of the year with all of the seasonal flight restrictions on various airlines.

Coupled with the Canadian government's extension of work visas from 1 year to 2 for countries like Ireland, Aer Lingus is probably trying to capitalize on the exodus and eventual returns to visit home.
Gil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #2976
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
Given the Irish influx with the state of their economy compared to the Canadian economy they may be gearing up to deal with a new Irish diaspora. Direct flights between Canada and Ireland are hard to come by at certain times of the year with all of the seasonal flight restrictions on various airlines.

Coupled with the Canadian government's extension of work visas from 1 year to 2 for countries like Ireland, Aer Lingus is probably trying to capitalize on the exodus and eventual returns to visit home.
Good observation. On top of that, I think we get a quite a few Brits heading our way. Not long ago, I met a nice british salesman at my local bikeshop. Right away I noticed that british accent.
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #2977
yyzer

There's an extra Fedex flight arriving tomorrow morning (Monday) at 10:30am, with the 2 pandas that China is loaning to the Toronto zoo.

Flight number for "Panda Express"....

FDX 9754...equipment type MD11

Operating: Chengdu to Toronto via Vancouver

The aircraft will be parking at the Fedex facility at the north end, and there should be plenty of media on hand for its arrival. This is a special flight just for the pandas, along with veterinarians onboard.....
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:22 AM   #2978
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
There's an extra Fedex flight arriving tomorrow morning (Monday) at 10:30am, with the 2 pandas that China is loaning to the Toronto zoo.

Flight number for "Panda Express"....

FDX 9754...equipment type MD11

Operating: Chengdu to Toronto via Vancouver

The aircraft will be parking at the Fedex facility at the north end, and there should be plenty of media on hand for its arrival. This is a special flight just for the pandas, along with veterinarians onboard.....

Thanks for the info. I am going to be attending an early morning meeting close to the airport, so lets hope I can get a few images. It has been almost six months break for me.
Btw I bet the media will storm that alley right by the Fedex terminal. People park their cars there and enjoy the view. I went there once and it was okay spot.
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:25 AM   #2979
yyzer

Looks like they are on their way! Registration of the aircraft is N585FE...

Date: 24 March, 2013 8:29:53 PM EDT
Subject: Received Registration: N585FE (A788FD)

Alert Time: 2013/03/25 00:29:56
Received Registration: N585FE (A788FD)
Total flight information:
Flight ID: FDX9754
Aircraft: MD11
Routing:
Latitude: N46 46.5
Longitude: E130 12.9
Altitude: 37075
Speed: 492
V/S:
Heading: 068
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:27 AM   #2980
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Sweet! Any idea on which runway they will be using? Could be a 23R since it's right beside that Fedex terminal.

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto