daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 29th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #3041
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

And here is the official announcement from 'Airline Routes':

http://airlineroute.net/2013/04/29/et-yyz-jun13/

Quote:
Ethiopian Airlines Adds 3rd Weekly Toronto Service with Boeing 787 from mid-June 2013
by JL

Update at 0400GMT 29APR13

As per 29APR13 GDS timetable and inventory display, Ethiopian Airlines from 19JUN13 is adding 3rd weekly Addis Ababa – Toronto service, on board Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner aircraft. Outbound service operates via Rome.

ET502 ADD2240 – 0350+1FCO0450+1 – 0820+1YYZ 788 3
ET502 ADD2240 – 0350+1FCO0450+1 – 0820+1YYZ 77L 15

ET503 YYZ1120 – 0730+1ADD 77L 26
ET503 YYZ1120 – 0740+1ADD 788 4
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2013, 02:35 AM   #3042
yyzer

Likes (Received): 45

There was a special visitor at YYZ today- United Arab Emirates Royal Flight Dubai arrived this morning - a 747-400 with registration A6-HRM....callsign on the radio was "DUB 001"...there was a motorcade taking the passengers downtown...

No idea why he is here, but interesting.......
Old April 30th, 2013, 04:52 AM   #3043
yyzer

Tweeted by Saudia today....confirmation on their website about the YYZ flights.....looks like starting in October, 3 x's weekly....

http://www.saudiairlines.com/portal/...00d59618acRCRD
Old April 30th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #3044
ACT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
Tweeted by Saudia today....confirmation on their website about the YYZ flights.....looks like starting in October, 3 x's weekly....

http://www.saudiairlines.com/portal/...00d59618acRCRD
Awesome news! I wonder what the timing will be - if it will be similar to MS, or EK and EY? I'd be curious to know how Qatar is doing in Montreal given YUL's declining international pax numbers. I wonder if Qatar is regretting not operating to YYZ after all.
Old May 1st, 2013, 01:03 AM   #3045
Kuba116

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
There was a special visitor at YYZ today- United Arab Emirates Royal Flight Dubai arrived this morning - a 747-400 with registration A6-HRM....callsign on the radio was "DUB 001"...there was a motorcade taking the passengers downtown...

No idea why he is here, but interesting.......
I was not at the airport myself but, my buddy went and grabbed some shots. Photo credits to Phil.

Also, we had two A380s today since one was damaged last night and stayed overnight.

Takeoff video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tzS2...P1x9mA&index=1
Kuba116 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:22 AM   #3046
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11255

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
Awesome news! I wonder what the timing will be - if it will be similar to MS, or EK and EY? I'd be curious to know how Qatar is doing in Montreal given YUL's declining international pax numbers. I wonder if Qatar is regretting not operating to YYZ after all.
I also wonder if QR chooses to operate to YYZ, will it be a daily service, and if so, which aircraft type would suit best for that flight? On top of that, since the 787 will be back to service soon, will it mean that QR can operate DOH-YYZ with the Dreamliner, or will it be with a 77L or 77W?

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 05:31 PM   #3047
ACT7

March pax numbers are out and overall, up for the quarter, but man did international take a bath. Down by 160K. Not having AI and CX's double daily during the quarter compared to last year had a huge impact. We should see some major improvement going forward though.

http://www.torontopearson.com/en/gtaa/statistics/#
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:53 PM   #3048
ACT7

This is kind of neat thing from anna aero. It's a Season Variation in Demand calculator. It's basically used for airlines to manage aircraft capacity over the year. A low score is better in that it indicates level demand throughout the year. I did YYZ's from 2012 and it came out to a score of 1, which is considered excellent.

http://www.anna.aero/seasonal-variat...id-calculator/

At the very least, it's just kind of a neat tool to compare this metric across airports.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:57 PM   #3049
Filip
Torontonian 4ever

Likes (Received): 435

Quote:
This is kind of neat thing from anna aero. It's a Season Variation in Demand calculator. It's basically used for airlines to manage aircraft capacity over the year. A low score is better in that it indicates level demand throughout the year. I did YYZ's from 2012 and it came out to a score of 1, which is considered excellent.

http://www.anna.aero/seasonal-variat...id-calculator/

At the very least, it's just kind of a neat tool to compare this metric across airports.
Well then, Toronto is doing considerably well compared to the world's leading airports.
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:49 PM   #3050
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

When will the final part of the airport expansion commence?
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #3051
yyzer

Was downtown briefly at Yonge/Dundas Square tonight, there were large ads for Egyptair's pending new YYZ service on the jumbotron....great to see a gigantic Horus looming over the square....
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #3052
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Some interesting commuter aircraft I've seen online lately from YYZ...

Air Canada Embraer E170-200SU (reg. C-FFYG)

Source

Air Canada Alliance (Air Georgian) Beech 1900D. This is the first time I've seen this aircraft type. (reg. C-GAAU)

Source

Air Canada Express (Jazz Aviation) Bombardier Dash 8-Q402NextGen (reg. C-GGMU)

Source

Delta Connection Bombardier CRJ-440. Another first time I've seen this aircraft type. (reg. N8914A)

Source

United Express (GoJet Airlines) Bombardier CRJ-701 (reg. N151GJ)

Source

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #3053
ACT7

Quote:
Was downtown briefly at Yonge/Dundas Square tonight, there were large ads for Egyptair's pending new YYZ service on the jumbotron....great to see a gigantic Horus looming over the square....
My uncle is really looking forward to this service. He lives in Cairo and comes to Toronto often for business. Right now he does a connection in either LHR or FRA, often 5 hours plus.
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:12 PM   #3054
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

I went to the terminal one yesterday to drop my friend off, so I was able to get a few pictures. Starting from the garage. Btw that thing is huge...

This lovely gentleman helped me to find my way around.

Emirates A380's tail can be seen from this angle.

For the Polish crew.

YU-AMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #3055
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Btw Travel service is from Hungary if I stand correct, but Sunwing or Canjet leased that 737NG. Just in case if anyone is wondering.
YU-AMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #3056
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Wonderful YYZ shots indeed! It makes me think that it is another efficient, well-kept, organized airport that makes me want to visit!

Old May 8th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #3057
LO 044

Likes (Received): 5

YU-AMC great shots. What type of camera do you have?

And speaking of the LO shots, anyone lucky enough to catch "LOT's" 777's landing at YYZ?
LO 044 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #3058
ACT7

So just a thought I had the other day - it's starting to make a whole lot more sense now as to why QR chose to fly to YUL as its first point of entry into Canada, given their recent attempt to move the ICAO headquarters. They obviously knew the lease was coming due. At the time, QR was saying that Montreal was one of the most well connected, international cities, and now they're saying the exact opposite, taking pot shots at the weather. I disagree with the move entirely (not that I think it will happen), but at least, in my opinion, things just got a little clearer regarding that DOH-YUL service
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #3059
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
So just a thought I had the other day - it's starting to make a whole lot more sense now as to why QR chose to fly to YUL as its first point of entry into Canada, given their recent attempt to move the ICAO headquarters. They obviously knew the lease was coming due. At the time, QR was saying that Montreal was one of the most well connected, international cities, and now they're saying the exact opposite, taking pot shots at the weather. I disagree with the move entirely (not that I think it will happen), but at least, in my opinion, things just got a little clearer regarding that DOH-YUL service
What's to say they cant pull it off? The people employed wouldn't mind ICAO moving to a better climate with a beach club atmosphere.

Now lets look at the possible votes. There are some thirty plus Arab Muslim countries that will surely vote for Qatar. They will get a big chunk in Africa and Asia as well. Russia and Eastern Europe could go Qatar's way also. Now this is the tricky part in Western Europe if Germany gives Canada their vote I'm sure countries like Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Cyprus, etc, etc who are having a hard time with their economy and cant stand Germany could swing Qatar's way also. Qatar can also get lots of votes in Central, and South America.

Any thing is possible, and Canada knows they can lose even though they only need something like sixty votes. So far we have the United States, and Israel's vote for sure. Even England could give Qatar their vote, it's politics, and our Government has had bad foreign relations as of late, especially to developing countries.
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #3060
noir-dresses
bling bling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rity_countries

Actually 51 Muslim countries

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
What's to say they cant pull it off? The people employed wouldn't mind ICAO moving to a better climate with a beach club atmosphere.

Now lets look at the possible votes. There are some thirty plus Arab Muslim countries that will surely vote for Qatar. They will get a big chunk in Africa and Asia as well. Russia and Eastern Europe could go Qatar's way also. Now this is the tricky part in Western Europe if Germany gives Canada their vote I'm sure countries like Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Cyprus, etc, etc who are having a hard time with their economy and cant stand Germany could swing Qatar's way also. Qatar can also get lots of votes in Central, and South America.

Any thing is possible, and Canada knows they can lose even though they only need something like sixty votes. So far we have the United States, and Israel's vote for sure. Even England could give Qatar their vote, it's politics, and our Government has had bad foreign relations as of late, especially to developing countries.

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto