daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 3rd, 2013, 09:14 AM   #3221
rinathq
Eternal Dream

Likes (Received): 42

excellent shots Kuba... what was the day and time frame you captured these on? Seems like you got a nice variety!
rinathq no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2013, 09:24 AM   #3222
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq View Post
excellent shots Kuba... what was the day and time frame you captured these on? Seems like you got a nice variety!

My guess would be 3pm to 6pm. Btw I love that PIA B772LR. (AP-BGY) It comes very often...
YU-AMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2013, 10:37 AM   #3223
rinathq
Eternal Dream

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Good job! The thing about R23 is that you can admire some nice landings and keep an eye on take offs as well. I just don't know how you manage to get your lens through the fence?
Basically you zoom through a single hole.. and u can get past the fence
rinathq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #3224
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

June pax stats out for YYZ and overall up but international down for the month and of course down overall for the year. The months leading up to June, I get, but I'm a little surprised June international pax would be down YoY from 2012 given the increased capacity and services from Aeroflot, Jet Airways, and Egyptair, etc. Makes me wonder how those routes are doing.

For June only, the drop represents approx. 220 pax/day which is about a 767's worth of capacity. Puzzling...
For the year, it's drop of about 925 pax/day.

Last edited by ACT7; August 4th, 2013 at 09:53 PM.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #3225
Kuba116

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Wednesday July 31st and Friday August 2. Weather was poor so shots are not as great with poor light.
Kuba116 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #3226
Kuba116

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
My guess would be 3pm to 6pm. Btw I love that PIA B772LR. (AP-BGY) It comes very often...
Best times to be at YYZ.
Old August 4th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #3227
Kuba116

Quote:
Basically you zoom through a single hole.. and u can get past the fence
Exactly.
Old August 4th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #3228
Kuba116

Heard a rumour that Etihad wants to switch to the A380 in 2014 after they start receiving a few A380s.
Old August 5th, 2013, 08:44 AM   #3229
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
June pax stats out for YYZ and overall up but international down for the month and of course down overall for the year. The months leading up to June, I get, but I'm a little surprised June international pax would be down YoY from 2012 given the increased capacity and services from Aeroflot, Jet Airways, and Egyptair, etc. Makes me wonder how those routes are doing.

For June only, the drop represents approx. 220 pax/day which is about a 767's worth of capacity. Puzzling...
For the year, it's drop of about 925 pax/day.
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba116 View Post
Wednesday July 31st and Friday August 2. Weather was poor so shots are not as great with poor light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba116 View Post
Exactly.
Yeah that's no brainer, but I am afraid it does not fit because I have a big hood as well. Anyways what camera are you using if I may ask? Also what's your favourite spot for spotting after venturing around for a while?
Old August 5th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #3230
yyzer

Likes (Received): 45

Interesting news tidbit today, Canada and Bangladesh are 'working' on an airline bilateral agreement.....

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2013/...ights-proposed
Old August 7th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #3231
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

Got a grand request if any one has the potential to know or find out.

Would like to know which foreign airlines actually fly to YYZ, having an office or ticketing is not good enough, only the ones that actually fly in with a scheduled service.

Now could we get a list of the airlines that fly in to YYZ, what airframes they are using, daily frequencies, and what up coming airlines should be coming and what airframes, etc, etc.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #3232
Filip
Torontonian 4ever

Likes (Received): 435

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post

Would like to know which foreign airlines actually fly to YYZ, having an office or ticketing is not good enough, only the ones that actually fly in with a scheduled service.

Now could we get a list of the airlines that fly in to YYZ, what airframes they are using, daily frequencies, and what up coming airlines should be coming and what airframes, etc, etc.
Go to YYZ's page on Wikipedia to get the list of airlines. Airframes should be easy enough to identify based on Amadeus access.

I like that idea of creating a master slide though.
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #3233
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip View Post
Go to YYZ's page on Wikipedia to get the list of airlines. Airframes should be easy enough to identify based on Amadeus access.

I like that idea of creating a master slide though.
Exactly wouldn't that be great to have especially with all these new airlines about to arrive.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #3234
ACT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post

CAPA has a good clean list of all the airlines that fly into YYZ.

http://centreforaviation.com/profile...al-airport-yyz

Not counting U.S. carriers there are 31 foreign airlines that fly to YYZ. With the addition of Saudi and Aer Lingus that brings it up to 33. Saudi is set to begin on Oct 28th.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/saudi...onto-1.1401408

I know there's another thread that already exists for this, but the comparatives for other NA airports puts YYZ in 4th spot when it comes to foreign carriers, behind JFK, LAX, ORD, and MIA. Interestingly though, ORD has about 37 foreign carriers (not including AC and WJ), but YYZ handles quite a bit more international traffic (not even including transborder, which ORD does include in their international stats).

Last edited by ACT7; August 7th, 2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old August 7th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #3235
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10975

So 36 foreign airlines serve Pearson. Aer Lingus and Saudi will bump it up to 38. Pearson is 2nd for international passengers in north America behind JFK.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #3236
ACT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Pearson is 2nd for international passengers in north America behind JFK.
It absolutely is if you count transborder pax the same way U.S. airports do. For international pax ex transborder, YYZ is fourth in NA behind JFK, MIA, and LAX (in that order). This year notwihstanding, I can see YYZ catching LAX. MIA and JFK have had pretty solid international pax growth over the past few years so they'll be tough to catch.
Old August 8th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #3237
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10975

Well the way Canadian airports don't count US traffic as international is just plain bizarre, tbh. Yes it's a big segment, but the US is very much a foreign country. Not including US - Canada traffic just doesn't make sense to me. That's like the UK not counting flights to countries in continental Europe as international traffic.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #3238
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18195

Quote:
Well the way Canadian airports don't count US traffic as international is just plain bizarre, tbh. Yes it's a big segment, but the US is very much a foreign country. Not including US - Canada traffic just doesn't make sense to me. That's like the UK not counting flights to countries in continental Europe as international traffic.
In substance, transborder travel is international as you need a passport to enter the US, albeit that is done at Canadian airports instead of onshore in the US. It's just a labeling issue with the statistics. Given the close economic ties and huge traffic between the 2 countries, it makes sense to segregate that into its own little category as part of "international" travel.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 06:25 AM   #3239
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
So with US traffic YYZ should be around 50Mil in total?

Last edited by YU-AMC; August 8th, 2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old August 8th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #3240
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip View Post
LX has never served YYZ. SR used to for decades (I used to fly the route in the 90s) but I believe it was cut in the late 90s.
Btw Etihad purchased 49% stakes in Jat Airways. So they have some plans for the long haul destinations such as ORD and YYZ. They are already starting Abu Dhabi this October. That's about five hour flight which is considered as mid-haul.

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto