daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 8th, 2013, 07:56 AM   #3241
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
So with US traffic YYZ should be around 50Mil in total?
No, it's still 35 million. We're talking about whether U.S. traffic is considered international (which it is) but it's just segregated out for statistics.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #3242
ACT7

Anyone have a sense of Hainan's pax load factor to YYZ? I keep hearing mixed information from very good to not great.
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #3243
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10969

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
In substance, transborder travel is international as you need a passport to enter the US, albeit that is done at Canadian airports instead of onshore in the US. It's just a labeling issue with the statistics. Given the close economic ties and huge traffic between the 2 countries, it makes sense to segregate that into its own little category as part of "international" travel.
I know, it's just confusing for people who aren't aware that it's being segmented like that. It's sort of how GM, Ford, and Chrysler are considered 'domestics' by most Canadians.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #3244
Kuba116

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Very true.

Yeah that's no brainer, but I am afraid it does not fit because I have a big hood as well. Anyways what camera are you using if I may ask? Also what's your favourite spot for spotting after venturing around for a while?
I think anybody who spots at YYZ has the same opinion as me in that 23 is the best place to spot. It has a Wendy's which I go to while smaller planes are arriving. Also, depending on the sun there are many good spots to get decent shots from. After that I also like 05, it's a fun place to spot. I really like it however when there are lots of people, usually on a long weekend Monday, makes it a great atmosphere!
I have a basic camera, a canon powershot sx150IS, which basically for photos relies on more of my skill than camera since I don't have tremendous luxury. However, I am thinking of investing in some good gear
Kuba116 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2013, 06:08 AM   #3245
Kuba116

Likes (Received): 24

Spotting from 05.08.13, long weekend Monday. It was great to see so many people at 23 having a good time!

Equario liked this post
Kuba116 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2013, 06:22 AM   #3246
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

ACT7,
thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba116 View Post
I think anybody who spots at YYZ has the same opinion as me in that 23 is the best place to spot. It has a Wendy's which I go to while smaller planes are arriving. Also, depending on the sun there are many good spots to get decent shots from. After that I also like 05, it's a fun place to spot. I really like it however when there are lots of people, usually on a long weekend Monday, makes it a great atmosphere!
I have a basic camera, a canon powershot sx150IS, which basically for photos relies on more of my skill than camera since I don't have tremendous luxury. However, I am thinking of investing in some good gear
True! Great shots btw. After one month away, I had to get my house in order, so I will be back in action very soon.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #3247
Filip
Torontonian 4ever

Likes (Received): 435

The MD-11 is the world's sexiest plane. I am so glad KLM is sending them in!
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #3248
sloid

Likes (Received): 4

So I'm going to Japan at the end of the month and I just realized, the only option to really go there is with Air Canada. Air Canada has actually immensely improved these past years especially with international flights but how likely is it for ANA to come? I really wish I had more options! Wish Asiana and Swiss Air would come too!
sloid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #3249
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10969

Could someone post the YYZ and YTZ PAX numbers?

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #3250
ACT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Could someone post the YYZ and YTZ PAX numbers?
Here is a link to YYZ stats. Like I said, I'm baffled at how international pax could be down for June given the increased capacity and services.

http://www.torontopearson.com/en/gtaa/statistics/#

I couldn't get the YTZ stats - kept getting a server error. But the expectation is 2.5 million pax for the year. That's a million shy of YWG!
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #3251
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

Well if the United States is considered international then there you go, they're economy says it all.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 06:04 AM   #3252
rinathq
Eternal Dream

Likes (Received): 42

After countless failed plans, I made my way to YYZ. Unfortunately for me, they were using the the other end of 23 and the sun was against me too. But that didnt stop me from enjoying some visitors i have been waiting to meet in person... Sorry about the quality... Still have a lot to learn. Unlimited thanks to YU-AMC for the suggestions.

here we go,

Feedbacks are welcome...

Equario, fieldsofdreams liked this post
rinathq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #3253
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Looks like you were shooting in the automatic mode. I am sure a few guys around will give you some tips how to take the better pictures. Always try with low ISO and jack up the shutter speed to about 900 to freeze the picture. I am working on to learn to take some high quality videos, so we will see. All in all, not bad. Glad you had fun.
Old August 21st, 2013, 05:42 PM   #3254
yyzer

Likes (Received): 45

Update on Biman......looks like a draft bilateral air agreement was signed today between Bangladesh and Canada.....

http://www.dhakatribune.com/civil-av...ghts-nytoronto

fieldsofdreams liked this post
yyzer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 01:50 PM   #3255
yyzer

Likes (Received): 45

the Saudia skeds were published today....per airlineroute.net, 0945 arrival and 1245 departure....

Saudia to Start Toronto Service from late-October 2013
by JL
Update at 0540GMT 22AUG13

Saudia from 28OCT13 begins service to Canada, with 3 weekly Riyadh – Jeddah – Toronto flights. Saudia will operate 3-class 777-200ER aircraft on this route.

SV060 RUH0100 – 0245JED0415 – 0945YYZ 77L 146
SV061 YYZ1245 – 0840+1JED0940+1 – 1115+1RUH 77L 146

Reservation for this new route opened around Wednesday 21AUG13. 77L is the airline’s internal code for 3-class 777-200ER.

(Visited 544 times, 515 visits today)

fieldsofdreams liked this post
yyzer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:23 PM   #3256
Filip
Torontonian 4ever

Likes (Received): 435

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
Update on Biman......looks like a draft bilateral air agreement was signed today between Bangladesh and Canada.....

http://www.dhakatribune.com/civil-av...ghts-nytoronto
What an odd airline to have plans for Toronto...

Quote:
the Saudia skeds were published today....per airlineroute.net, 0945 arrival and 1245 departure....

by JL

Saudia from 28OCT13 begins service to Canada, with 3 weekly Riyadh – Jeddah – Toronto flights. Saudia will operate 3-class 777-200ER aircraft on this route.

Reservation for this new route opened around Wednesday 21AUG13. 77L is the airline’s internal code for 3-class 777-200ER.

Yay!
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:27 PM   #3257
ACT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip View Post
What an odd airline to have plans for Toronto...
You're right, it's a bit out of the blue. Sri Lankan is another one that may be on the horizon. Not complaining, but I didn't even think Biman would be able to obtain the proper safety certification for Canada and the U.S.

In other news, I don't know if this is a one time flight or a new route announcement...

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/nor...oronto-5765256

Quote:
Canada's largest city is the latest destination for travellers from Newcastle Airport.

A three-night break in Toronto has been announced as airline Jet2.com unveiled its plans for 2014.

Following the success of previous transatlantic shopping breaks, the airline will be branching out and offering the Canadian city as its latest destination for people living in the region.

Costing from £499 the trip, next April, will give passengers the chance to fly eight hours and some 3,400 miles direct to Toronto for a three-night stay. The Boeing 757 aircraft will stop over in Canada before heading back to Tyneside with its 230 passengers.

There will also be an extra three-night trip to New York after successful breaks over the last two years.

Jet2.com chief executive Steve Heapy said: “This marks a milestone for Jet2holidays at Newcastle International Airport with the expansion of our transatlantic routes.

“We are very excited with the launch of Toronto plus the introduction of an Easter trip to New York, following the success of our Christmas shopping weekends.

Last edited by ACT7; August 22nd, 2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:47 PM   #3258
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11245

Quote:

by JL

And how many years was this in the making?

As for the Jet2 special flight to Toronto, it's very interesting and intriguing at the same time to offer such trip specials for its UK-based customers... Even for a three-day getaway, it's fascinating to see a budget carrier like Jet2 provide such holiday flights from Newcastle to both YYZ and JFK. Hopefully, BA can do that too for longer flights because Jet2's B757s could go Transatlantic, but not as far as a B747, B767, or B777.

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:05 AM   #3259
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
You're right, it's a bit out of the blue. Sri Lankan is another one that may be on the horizon. Not complaining, but I didn't even think Biman would be able to obtain the proper safety certification for Canada and the U.S.

In other news, I don't know if this is a one time flight or a new route announcement...

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/nor...oronto-5765256
They are probably after the ethnic traffic. That's still a long shot once you factor in one stop competition from EY/EY and what not.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:39 AM   #3260
rinathq
Eternal Dream

Likes (Received): 42

This new plan by Biman to operate to Toronto is nothing but part of a political promise made years ago. Biman has numerous routes which are far more profitable than Toronto like Frankfurt, Rome, Istanbul, Brussels which they used to operate. It would have been a lot easier restarting these routes rather than setting up everything here in Toronto. The decision to start Toronto and restart New York can be suicidal. Recently after years of loss, Biman is starting to get a glimpse of an upward curve. These 2 new routes could very well change that.

Having said that, I and the entire bengali community of Toronto will be delighted to see direct flights to Dhaka. The market between Canada and South Asia is huge. If they can offer decent fare and can maintain on time schedule... they can stay alive. From what I heard, they are planning to operate 3X weekly with a stopover somewhere in Europe.
rinathq no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto