daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 3rd, 2014, 02:19 AM   #3701
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

I was wondering if AC would consider code sharing with JU if they pull it off? Considering that LH and AC are in the same alliance, I am not too sure if they would code share.. I think LH group is very greedy in order to allow such a venture. They may pretend to be fair, but I am sure they will dump the airfares just like when Skyservice ventured in the Balkans...
YU-AMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2014, 02:20 AM   #3702
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Btw WestJet is getting some 767s birds. Any idea on what markets in Europe they are after?
Old August 3rd, 2014, 06:02 PM   #3703
CGKTS

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Btw WestJet is getting some 767s birds. Any idea on what markets in Europe they are after?
I heard they are to be used for Alberta - Hawaii routes originally, but I have a feeling that they will be mostly based out of Calgary and maybe Vancouver so I don't see any new routes from the East Coast soon. I could however see perhaps a Calgary-Beijing or a couple of routes to Europe from YYC but I'm not sure which ones.
CGKTS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014, 09:35 PM   #3704
metroboi_nay

Likes (Received): 0

Nice seeing WS getting 767s, hope it takes a chip out of the AC market from Rouge
Old August 3rd, 2014, 11:53 PM   #3705
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11257

Quote:
Very interesting development indeed. WestJet has an all narrow body fleet, and with the B767, it will embark on expanding its reach. It seems to me that the airline would like to compete against Air Canada (mainline and Rouge) and Air Transat so that it can have a share on the long-haul sector. By the way, how's the YYZ-DUB via YHX coming along on board the B737? Maybe WestJet can use the B767 to operate its service to Dublin to replace the current 1-stop service... perhaps it can also be used for its services to Hawaii, if not heavy cross-border services (e.g. YYZ-LAX, YVR-SFO, etc)
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroboi_nay View Post
Nice seeing WS getting 767s, hope it takes a chip out of the AC market from Rouge
Indeed. I wonder what the seating confoguration for WS' B767s will be like, especially that it will be competing against Rouge...

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2014, 04:15 AM   #3706
4seasonscentre

When did the check in aisles at T1 change from letters to numbers?
4seasonscentre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2014, 03:13 AM   #3707
rinathq
Eternal Dream

Likes (Received): 42

Other sectors tht saw over 94.6 per cent seat factor include Sydney, Toronto, Manila, Nairobi, Belgrade, Hyderabad, Singapore/Brisbane, and Istanbul. (During the Eid week)

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/biz/insi...on=uaebusiness

Last edited by rinathq; August 9th, 2014 at 03:18 AM.
rinathq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2014, 03:20 AM   #3708
CGKTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq View Post
Other sectors tht saw over 94.6 per cent seat factor include Sydney, Toronto, Manila, Nairobi, Belgrade, Hyderabad, Singapore/Brisbane, and Istanbul. (During the Eid week)

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/biz/insi...on=uaebusiness
Those are impressive numbers! If such numbers can be sustained then Toronto will definitely be one of the first A380 destinations for Etihad.
Old August 9th, 2014, 03:35 AM   #3709
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

^I was about to post this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Very interesting development indeed. WestJet has an all narrow body fleet, and with the B767, it will embark on expanding its reach. It seems to me that the airline would like to compete against Air Canada (mainline and Rouge) and Air Transat so that it can have a share on the long-haul sector. By the way, how's the YYZ-DUB via YHX coming along on board the B737? Maybe WestJet can use the B767 to operate its service to Dublin to replace the current 1-stop service... perhaps it can also be used for its services to Hawaii, if not heavy cross-border services (e.g. YYZ-LAX, YVR-SFO, etc)

Indeed. I wonder what the seating confoguration for WS' B767s will be like, especially that it will be competing against Rouge...
I think we will find more information on airliners.net as we speak. From what I can see, they look like they grew as a bigger airline. I do not think they are so eager to compete with Air Transat and AC rouge. That market is way saturated, unless they wonder out, and look into some new markets that can be explored.
Going back to your question on YYZ-DUB, I think they are just testing the waters. That route reminds me of JAT operating BEG-DXB with a classic 737. They sold the very last DC10 in 2005, so the classic 737 was a workhorse one of a kind haha.

On a side note, JU may make a comeback earlier than expected. Etihad CEO James Hogan wants JU to fast track on longhaul plans, and launch winter charters. Lets see what comes out of it, but the first A330 may pop up in BEG as early as the Fall of this year.
Old August 10th, 2014, 06:47 AM   #3710
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Perhaps Westjet could explore more transborder flights (between the US and Canada), especially mounting more flights to San Francisco since the market is there... that airline, though, is succeeding in Las Vegas, with up to like 10 destinations served by WS alone. Maybe opening a unique route to Mexico City from Calgary or Vancouver could help as well... if not San Francisco to Toronto.

And speaking of more flights, what happened to Porter Airlines' plan to expand Toronto Billy Bishop Airport so that it can mount flights there?

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old August 11th, 2014, 05:08 AM   #3711
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

A unique aircraft... and this also operates to San Francisco as well (via Oakland):

SATA Internacional A310-300 (reg. CS-TGV) -- it serves the Azores Islands, located in the Atlantic Ocean.

Old August 11th, 2014, 06:06 AM   #3712
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:

And speaking of more flights, what happened to Porter Airlines' plan to expand Toronto Billy Bishop Airport so that it can mount flights there?
To tell you quite frankly, I did not venture much around the other airports near by, so I need to catch up with the news as well. I am looking to come on the island before the summer ends and take some pictures. It's been a month that I have not gone down to Toronto downtown core.

Btw I may be heading to LA in a month or two to see one of my friends from my childhood days. So if I push him to drive to San Francisco, I will buzz you so we can grab a beer if you like.
Old August 11th, 2014, 06:13 AM   #3713
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
A unique aircraft... and this also operates to San Francisco as well (via Oakland):

SATA Internacional A310-300 (reg. CS-TGV) -- it serves the Azores Islands, located in the Atlantic Ocean.

I often see that bird going right over my house. From what I have heard, the airline is financed from the local Azores government. Thumbs up to them!
Old August 11th, 2014, 08:32 AM   #3714
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
To tell you quite frankly, I did not venture much around the other airports near by, so I need to catch up with the news as well. I am looking to come on the island before the summer ends and take some pictures. It's been a month that I have not gone down to Toronto downtown core.

Btw I may be heading to LA in a month or two to see one of my friends from my childhood days. So if I push him to drive to San Francisco, I will buzz you so we can grab a beer if you like.
And while you're in Downtown (I think it's good to use the TTC Subway to get there via York Mills Station), perhaps you can also check out how the ferries are doing, transiting employees, passengers, and visitors to Billy Bishop as well so that we can see if the ferry system still works... perhaps a few pics of the terminals as well (both on the island and the mainland) would work too.

LA in a month or two, then push your childhood friend to drive to San Francisco? That would be really splendid... Ask him sooner so that your likelihood of getting a yes could be larger. Of course, just let me know when so that I can arrange a visit with you, yet my schedule remains quite fluid to say the least. Perhaps you can also check out, when you visit the Bay Area, SFO, OAK, and SJC, if not the smaller airports here like Redwood City, Santa Rosa, Concord, etc. so that you can see the differences.

Quote:
I often see that bird going right over my house. From what I have heard, the airline is financed from the local Azores government. Thumbs up to them!
Aha... very interesting. That reminds me also of TACV (Cape Verde Airlines), which operates an all-Y B757 3x weekly to Boston.

Old August 12th, 2014, 08:02 AM   #3715
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
And while you're in Downtown (I think it's good to use the TTC Subway to get there via York Mills Station), perhaps you can also check out how the ferries are doing, transiting employees, passengers, and visitors to Billy Bishop as well so that we can see if the ferry system still works... perhaps a few pics of the terminals as well (both on the island and the mainland) would work too.

LA in a month or two, then push your childhood friend to drive to San Francisco? That would be really splendid... Ask him sooner so that your likelihood of getting a yes could be larger. Of course, just let me know when so that I can arrange a visit with you, yet my schedule remains quite fluid to say the least. Perhaps you can also check out, when you visit the Bay Area, SFO, OAK, and SJC, if not the smaller airports here like Redwood City, Santa Rosa, Concord, etc. so that you can see the differences.

Aha... very interesting. That reminds me also of TACV (Cape Verde Airlines), which operates an all-Y B757 3x weekly to Boston.

Hahaha you have it all figured out for me. I can see you are a planner for sure.. Yeah York Mills station is the real deal for me because I love taking the TTC. A part from that, that station also has GO link where the intercity busses are based. I can get to Toronto Pearson by taking their coaches.

The trip to YTZ has been on my mind for a while. I found one girl that is willing to join me. We may bring a tent and get sexy inside cheers:
Old August 16th, 2014, 06:01 AM   #3716
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Hahaha you have it all figured out for me. I can see you are a planner for sure.. Yeah York Mills station is the real deal for me because I love taking the TTC. Apart from that, that station also has GO link where the intercity busses are based. I can get to Toronto Pearson by taking their coaches.

The trip to YTZ has been on my mind for a while. I found one girl that is willing to join me. We may bring a tent and get sexy inside cheers:
Indeed. I can figure those out pretty quickly by looking at the nearest subway or bus stop, then we're all good from there. No more fighting for congestion on any of the busy arterial roads or highways, no need to struggle for parking. As for that one girl, well, enjoy yourself!

Old August 28th, 2014, 03:35 AM   #3717
CGKTS

Some news as to the expanded bilateral agreement between Canada and the Philippines, Cebu Pacific is now a designated carrier to fly to Canada, while PAL was allocated all the additional 7 weekly frequencies.

http://www.malaya.com.ph/business-ne...flights-canada

What can this mean for Canada? Can we expect daily YYZ service, or do you think these extra 7 frequencies will go to a potential MNL-YVR-JFK route that was mentioned? Either way good news for Canada and hopefully Toronto!
Old September 1st, 2014, 06:40 PM   #3718
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

http://airlineroute.net/2014/09/01/pr-jfkyyz-s15/

Quote:
Philippine Airlines Returns to New York Market; Toronto Increase from mid-March 2015
by JL

Update at 0820GMT 01SEP14

Philippine Airlines is set to return to East Cost US market, with 4 weekly Manila – Vancouver – New York JFK service, on board Airbus A340-300 aircraft, from 15MAR15. PR to operate at Terminal 1 at JFK.

PR126 MNL2350 – 2050YVR2250 – 0700+1JFK 343 x135
PR127 JFK1100 – 1350YVR1520 – 2035+1MNL 343 x246

Reservation for New York JFK service opens today (01SEP14) in the GDS, except Vancouver – New York JFK sector, as well as PR website. PR last operated service to New York area with 3 weekly Manila – Vancouver – Newark in August 1997, on board MD11 aircraft.

In addition, the airline from 16MAR15 will add 4th weekly Manila – Vancouver – Toronto operation, on board Boeing 777-300ER. Reservation for the 4th weekly service opened in late-August 2014.

PR118 MNL1500 – 1200YVR1330 – 2110YYZ 77W x246
PR119 YYZ2240 – 0105+1YVR0220+1 – 0735+2MNL 77W x246

Overall service to Vancouver increases to 11 weekly, based on current schedule and inventory listing.
http://airlineroute.net/2014/09/01/hu-yyz-nov14/

Quote:
Hainan Airlines Oct – Dec 2014 Toronto Service Reductions
by JL

Update at 0700GMT 01SEP14

Hainan Airlines from 26OCT14 to 31DEC14 is temporary reducing Beijing – Toronto service, where it’ll operate 4 weekly flights, instead of daily. Flights on Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays during this period is closed for reservation.

HU7975 PEK1355 – 1410YYZ 787 x457
HU7976 YYZ1620 – 1850+1PEK 787 x457
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2014, 01:02 AM   #3719
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

That is fairly huge news for the Filipino community when you factor in that they tend to fly CX or KE to MNL.
Old September 8th, 2014, 07:34 PM   #3720
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Not really new news, but looking more and more likely as a future route:

http://www.veooz.com/news/gHTdPa4.html

Also, found this study/report on YYZ's website. It's a long read but search through and you'll find some interesting stuff on the expected growth of the airport.

http://www.torontopearson.com/upload...mpactStudy.pdf
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto