daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 9th, 2014, 10:52 PM   #3721
CGKTS

Likes (Received): 1

More good news for Summer 2015, Icelandair expands YYZ offering from 7 to 11 weekly

http://airlineroute.net/2014/09/09/fi-s15update1/
CGKTS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2014, 02:34 AM   #3722
Aeroland

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGKTS View Post
More good news for Summer 2015, Icelandair expands YYZ offering from 7 to 11 weekly

http://airlineroute.net/2014/09/09/fi-s15update1/

What about Montreal??
it's always the same story
Aeroland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014, 07:12 AM   #3723
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroland View Post
What about Montreal??
it's always the same story
Toronto is the primary gateway to eastern Canada. For Icelandair, Montreal might not even be their 2nd choice; Halifax likely is.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014, 02:04 PM   #3724
CGKTS

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Toronto is the primary gateway to eastern Canada. For Icelandair, Montreal might not even be their 2nd choice; Halifax likely is.
Icelandair already serves Halifax, along with Toronto, Vancouver and Edmonton, so my guess would be that Montreal would be their next choice for flights in Canada given the market size between YUL and Europe.

Once they start receiving the 737MAX's look for expansion to YUL and possibly even YOW from Icelandair.
CGKTS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014, 06:46 PM   #3725
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Decent bump in capacity and expanded service from AC mainline and Rouge next summer:

http://aircanada.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=809

Some highlights:
Amsterdam 6x weekly with 767 mainline.
Double daily to CDG
Lima being replaced with Rouge
Athens and Barcelona will increase to daily

So, isn't this like the third time AC attempts AMS? Don't get me wrong, I hope it works out this time, long term, but from Rovinescu's own mouth, the struggle with AMS is that they don't really offer any onward connections from there since KLM, obviously, has a stranglehold on that. I'm skeptical that there is enough O&D demand to sustain that flight year-round when KLM already offers double-daily, plus in summer you have AT and Arkefly. Fingers crossed...

Also, Lima on Rouge? Ouch. That's a long enough flight to be super uncomfortable. I guess not much different than Venice or Athens though...or Osaka.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2014, 02:52 AM   #3726
metroboi_nay

Likes (Received): 0

Anything on Rouge for more than 2 hours is ouch. I think Rouge going to Japan is a bad idea. It's going to tarnish the image of AC there. Oh well, at least it's direct, I don't see a direct routing from YVR atm to there. Shame it has to be Rouge though.
Old September 26th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #3727
Toronto_41

Likes (Received): 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
Decent bump in capacity and expanded service from AC mainline and Rouge next summer:

http://aircanada.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=809

Some highlights:
Amsterdam 6x weekly with 767 mainline.
Double daily to CDG
Lima being replaced with Rouge
Athens and Barcelona will increase to daily

So, isn't this like the third time AC attempts AMS? Don't get me wrong, I hope it works out this time, long term, but from Rovinescu's own mouth, the struggle with AMS is that they don't really offer any onward connections from there since KLM, obviously, has a stranglehold on that. I'm skeptical that there is enough O&D demand to sustain that flight year-round when KLM already offers double-daily, plus in summer you have AT and Arkefly. Fingers crossed...

Also, Lima on Rouge? Ouch. That's a long enough flight to be super uncomfortable. I guess not much different than Venice or Athens though...or Osaka.
This time for AMS I see things differently. Doesn`t Air India fly there? Well AC is connecting with them in Asia and Europe. So why not have the connections in AMS along with all the others?

http://airlineroute.net/2014/09/23/a...deshare-oct14/

Air India on 23SEP14 has loaded planned codeshare routes with Air Canada into the GDS, as partnership with Air Canada commences on 02OCT14.

The following is Air India’s planned codeshare routes operated by Air Canada, which reservation is now open.

Hong Kong – Vancouver
London Heathrow – Calgary
London Heathrow – Edmonton
London Heathrow – Halifax
London Heathrow – St. John’s NFLD
London Heathrow – Toronto
London Heathrow – Vancouver
Paris CDG – Montreal
Paris CDG – Toronto
Shanghai Pu Dong – Vancouver

Air Canada codeshare routes operated by Air India was reported on Airline Route, on 22SEP14.

Asia, here I come!!!
J.
Toronto_41 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2014, 06:31 AM   #3728
philmar
Click my photos to go big

Likes (Received): 861

Pearson Int. Airport by Phil Marion, on Flickr

Please enjoy a look at my flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/phil_marion/sets/
.........you won't be disappointed

firoz bharmal liked this post
philmar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #3729
ACT7

Very impressive pax numbers YTD up to Aug:

http://www.torontopearson.com/upload...-08-AugPAX.pdf

Some highlights:
International pax count in Aug up 140K compared to Aug 2013,to 1,333,032.
YTD international pax increase of 600K compared to 2013 YTD
Aug appears to best month ever at YYZ, breaking the 4 MM pax count for the first time
YTD overall growth of 1.6 MM pax or 6.6%
International pax traffic now represents the highest proportion of passenger traffic at YYZ, representing 39% of overall, and has now passed YUL, at 38%, as the airport with the highest proportion of international traffic (ex. transborder, of course since YYZ was already dominant in that category).

As has been the case for several years now, total international pax traffic AND volume growth in international traffic exceeds YVR, YUL, and YYC combined.
Old September 30th, 2014, 12:43 PM   #3730
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10982

That is good growth, especially the International PAX.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 02:09 PM   #3731
Toronto_41

Aeroflot is cancelling their service to Tororonto.

http://airlineroute.net/2014/10/02/su-yyz-w14cxld/

AEROFLOT from 26OCT14 is cancelling Moscow Sheremetyevo – Toronto service, as the airline no longer opens reservation for travel on/after this date. This appears to be on permanent basis for the time being, as reservation is no longer available as well, for flights on/after 29MAR15.

Previously planned Winter 2014/15 schedule as follow.

SU114 SVO1030 – 1250YYZ 330 37
SU115 YYZ1425 – 0735+1SVO 330 37

Asia, here I come!!!
J.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 02:15 PM   #3732
Toronto_41

Egyptair is upgrading their aircraft for Dec/Jan service.

http://airlineroute.net/2014/10/01/ms-yyz-dec14/

EGYPTAIR once again revised planned operational aircraft for Cairo – Toronto route during Winter 2014/15 season. During peak season from 15DEC14 to 15JAN15, the Star Alliance member plans to operate Boeing 777-300ER aircraft on this 3 weekly flights, replacing planned Airbus A330-200.

MS995 CAI0135 – 0635YYZ 77W 146
MS996 YYZ1245 – 0555+1CAI 77W 146

Asia, here I come!!!
J.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 09:38 PM   #3733
ACT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto_41 View Post
Aeroflot is cancelling their service to Tororonto.

http://airlineroute.net/2014/10/02/su-yyz-w14cxld/

AEROFLOT from 26OCT14 is cancelling Moscow Sheremetyevo – Toronto service, as the airline no longer opens reservation for travel on/after this date. This appears to be on permanent basis for the time being, as reservation is no longer available as well, for flights on/after 29MAR15.

Previously planned Winter 2014/15 schedule as follow.

SU114 SVO1030 – 1250YYZ 330 37
SU115 YYZ1425 – 0735+1SVO 330 37
Disappointing news for sure. I wonder why they can't make this route work anymore? I suspect it has something to do with Transaero centralizing at Vnukovo, but I would have thought there is more than enough demand with all the Russians in the GTA. Politics? Shitty product offered by Aeroflot? I'd hate to think it has something to do with Canada's stance on Russia's involvement in the Ukraine, but you never know.
Old October 3rd, 2014, 04:54 AM   #3734
ACT7

Did we already know about this?

http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...o-paulo-189740

Quote:
TAM adds new flights to Cancun and adds Toronto on its Sao Paulo-JFK pairing

LATAM is rounding out its international adjustments with TAM tagging on service to Toronto from on its Sao Paulo-New York JFK pairing. LAN has operated a similar service in the past, but now the combined LATAM has an ability to access feed not only from Brazil, but also from Chile, Peru and Ecuador, which should provide demand on the continuing service to Toronto.

Star Alliance airline Air Canada offers daily service from Toronto to Sao Paulo, but with the loss of feed from TAM, Air Canada’s network offerings in South America have decreased. TAM has no offerings beyond Toronto; but no other South American airline operates flights to Toronto Pearson. Panama’s Copa Airlines operates four weekly flights from Tocumen International to Toronto with convenient connections throughout South America and Avianca operates service from San Salvador.
Old October 3rd, 2014, 02:00 PM   #3735
Toronto_41

Quote:
I believe it was mentioned some time ago specifically with the tag on from JFK to YYZ.

Asia, here I come!!!
J.
Old October 3rd, 2014, 02:02 PM   #3736
Toronto_41

Seems like bookings are up for the Christmas travel period.

http://airlineroute.net/2014/10/03/ke-sfoyyz-dec14/

Seoul Incheon – Toronto 18DEC14 – 08JAN15 1 of 4 weekly service (Day 4) operated by 777-300ER, replacing -200ER

Asia, here I come!!!
J.
Old October 5th, 2014, 02:32 PM   #3737
Filip
Torontonian 4ever

Likes (Received): 435

Quote:
Disappointing news for sure. I wonder why they can't make this route work anymore? I suspect it has something to do with Transaero centralizing at Vnukovo, but I would have thought there is more than enough demand with all the Russians in the GTA. Politics? Shitty product offered by Aeroflot? I'd hate to think it has something to do with Canada's stance on Russia's involvement in the Ukraine, but you never know.
It is definitely political in nature as the bread and butter of Aeroflot's business, the business travellers, have dried up due to misguided and offensive sanctions.

The Globe is reporting Transaero is also cancelling the route. This true?
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2014, 05:43 PM   #3738
ACT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip View Post
It is definitely political in nature as the bread and butter of Aeroflot's business, the business travellers, have dried up due to misguided and offensive sanctions.

The Globe is reporting Transaero is also cancelling the route. This true?
Hmm - I saw that too but there hasn't been an announcement anywhere else, and usually either CAPA or Airliner Routes are first to break that kind of news. That's a surprise. I find it difficult to believe that there isn't enough demand between Canada and Russia to fill a daily run, so it seems deeply political in my opinion. The timing is suspicious.
Old October 7th, 2014, 03:27 AM   #3739
urbanfan89

Likes (Received): 67

If Putin really wishes to make a statement he'd be ordering Aeroflot to cut JFK, LAX, or Heathrow. Or, ban US and Canadian airlines from using Russian airspace when flying to/from China, Korea, and Hong Kong. Or he can drive Air France into bankruptcy by banning it from flying to Asia.
urbanfan89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2014, 05:54 AM   #3740
ACT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanfan89 View Post
If Putin really wishes to make a statement he'd be ordering Aeroflot to cut JFK, LAX, or Heathrow. Or, ban US and Canadian airlines from using Russian airspace when flying to/from China, Korea, and Hong Kong. Or he can drive Air France into bankruptcy by banning it from flying to Asia.
True, but Canada has been the most vocal of the countries you've mentioned, and imposed the toughest sanctions from what I can tell. I'm not saying Canada isn't right in doing so, but there are side effects of such actions and I find the timing of two unrelated Russian carriers pulling out at virtually the same time just a bit suspicious and not at all related to yield or load factors.

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto