daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 22nd, 2015, 04:38 PM   #4001
GTR66
GTR66

Likes (Received): 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMangoMan View Post
If I remember correctly AC also flies a 777 from Toronto to HK. I wonder what their loadfactor percentage is
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
Upper 90's. Every time I've been on it, it's been oversold. And I recall seeing something a couple of years ago that HK was YYZ's second or third largest international market (excluding some US destinations of course).
With the large Asian population in Canada especially around Toronto you could fly YYZ-HKG-any where in Asia with one stop. Cathay Pacific also flies the route if i am not mistaken with a 777W.
GTR66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2015, 03:33 AM   #4002
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR66 View Post
With the large Asian population in Canada especially around Toronto you could fly YYZ-HKG-any where in Asia with one stop. Cathay Pacific also flies the route if i am not mistaken with a 777W.
Yup, I believe 13 times a week.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2015, 05:25 AM   #4003
tuanhieuobs
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

I detected identical factor concerning T3 being connected to T1 within the future. you are right concerning the baseball diamond Terminal too being employed probably as a legitimate satellite terminal. If that is the case they must do identical as Atlanta and build a "subway-like" system from the most terminal to the satellites.
tuanhieuobs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2015, 04:23 PM   #4004
yyzer

Likes (Received): 45

SkyGreece are operating their first flight YYZ-ATH today, utilizing a chartered 767-300 belonging to Spanish carrier 'Privilege Style'.. the plane ferried in to Pearson yesterday, and it has 'Sevilla Football Club' titles on it....
Old May 24th, 2015, 11:47 PM   #4005
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR66 View Post
Right on. I am fairly sure they get quite a few Filipinos on their flights. PAL will always have hard time competing on Manila bound marketshare.
YU-AMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2015, 05:36 PM   #4006
EmiratesAirline380

Likes (Received): 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Right on. I am fairly sure they get quite a few Filipinos on their flights. PAL will always have hard time competing on Manila bound marketshare.
There is a market between Canada and the Philippines but Manila is a very low yielding market. More low yielding than the other known low yielding markets such as India and Thailand.

255 Aircraft - 150+ Destinations - 252 aircraft orders

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

124 Aircraft - 112 Destinations - 198 aircraft orders
EmiratesAirline380 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 03:53 AM   #4007
Adjei

Likes (Received): 0

I was looking at this presentation from Air Canada and it shows Air Canada flying from YYZ to Accra, Lagos, and Johannesburg by 2018. Also shows Dakar from Montreal. Does anyone know anything about this?

Sorry I can't post any links.
Adjei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 09:29 AM   #4008
urbanfan89

Likes (Received): 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
I was looking at this presentation from Air Canada and it shows Air Canada flying from YYZ to Accra, Lagos, and Johannesburg by 2018. Also shows Dakar from Montreal. Does anyone know anything about this?

Sorry I can't post any links.
Here it is:
http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/me...r_day_2015.pdf

AC won't reveal all its plans, and I suspect they are planning to open routes to a city not mentioned on the map on page 37. Previously they made no indication of starting YYZ-DXB.

I also suspect, that once AC receives its 737 MAX, it will open new routes from YYZ/YUL to smaller cities in western Europe, which are currently nonviable with a 767. South America as far south as Lima is also within range. That will be a real game changer.
urbanfan89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 02:04 PM   #4009
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18204

Toronto Star Excerpt
Pearson workers fear good jobs in peril over contract-flipping
Workers and union leaders say unfair working conditions at Pearson threaten to derail a world class airport
Jun 11, 2015

Is Pearson Airport becoming the “Walmart of the skies?”

As unrest builds over lay-offs and low wages, another 300 airport workers are set to lose their jobs. The culprit, unions say, is a practice known as contract-flipping.

Hector Silva, 53, is bracing himself to lose the job he’s held for more than a decade.

As a fuel serviceman at Pearson, he is the latest casualty of what critics call contract flipping: when contracts are awarded to different service providers every few years, often resulting in mass job losses.

That’s what awaits Silva and hundreds of his colleagues when Aircraft Service International Group takes over fuelling services from Allied Aviation this fall.

If they’re lucky, the workers will land a job with the new company. Silva, a father of three, is a strong candidate for re-hire given his lengthy experience as a fueler — but only, it seems, if he is willing to take a 30 per cent pay cut.

He recently attended a job fair at the airport, where ASIG told him his seniority would earn him $14.50 with the new company. His hourly salary is currently almost $21.

The rest : http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015...-flipping.html

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 04:22 PM   #4010
ACT7

Took the UP Express for the first time the other day, only to Bloor (Dundas West Station). Overall impressions is that is was very good. Modern, clean, efficient. It's a great addition to the airport and the city in general.

$22 for a non-Presto fare to Bloor, which is far cheaper than a cab to the same spot. So even for two people, it's still a better deal. And door-to-door is about 10 minutes faster.
Old July 3rd, 2015, 09:14 AM   #4011
rinathq
Eternal Dream

Likes (Received): 42

The thread is dead for a while so I thought I would revive it with some clicks by me ofcourse

patel2897, mw123, Rokto14 liked this post
rinathq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2015, 11:56 PM   #4012
ACT7

Looks like Air India's going to take another run at YYZ:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/47944576.cms

yyzer, patel2897 liked this post
Old July 6th, 2015, 09:25 PM   #4013
ACT7

Anyone know why China Eastern has cancelled their Shanghai - Pearson flights 2 out of the last 4 days?
Old July 6th, 2015, 11:01 PM   #4014
ACT7

Interesting little factoid about Aer Lingus' service to YYZ:

http://blog.aerlingus.com/

Quote:
Recent research has revealed the primary reason Aer Lingus guests travel to Toronto is to visit friends and relatives (VFR), reflecting the strong Irish diaspora connections. Toronto came out top for VFR traffic with almost half, 48% of our guests, confirming their primary purpose for travel was to visit relatives.
Quote:
Extra flights have been added over the Easter holidays on Saturday 19th and 26th March, with an additional 700 seats available for sale. The extra flights will serve the strong demand over the Easter holiday period.
Old July 6th, 2015, 11:25 PM   #4015
patel2897
INDIA

Likes (Received): 3605

Jet Airways At toronto Via Brussels To Delhi on A330 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Peace Begins With Smile - Mother Teresa. He Who Has The Knowledge has the Responsibility To Impart It To The Students.-Rabindranath Tagore. Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow. Learn As If You Were To Live Forever. - Mahatma Gandhi. My YouTube Channel Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHt...sCBbDKXmkN4YFw
patel2897 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2015, 07:06 AM   #4016
ACT7

As of October 2016, AC is going daily to DEL:

http://aircanada.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=903
Old July 31st, 2015, 01:59 PM   #4017
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

New $82.5 million island airport pedestrian tunnel ‘a win for Torontonians’.

Port Toronto chairman champions the public-private project linking mainland Toronto with Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport at opening ceremonies this morning.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015...ens-today.html
noir-dresses está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 02:42 PM   #4018
yyzer

Iberia press release today indicates they are considering relaunch of YYZ....

http://grupo.iberia.es/portal/site/W...008de815acRCRD
Old August 4th, 2015, 07:54 PM   #4019
yyzer

and some reports of South African Airways planning JNB-YYZ..... from a thread on airliners.net....

Quote:
With the launch of this ACC-IAD sector, there was mention that SAA plans to open flights to Toronto via ACC. I know they've applied at SACAA already for a 3 weekly JNB-YYZ route, not sure if done on the Canadian side though.
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/6467190/
Old August 5th, 2015, 05:52 AM   #4020
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

Considering that JNB is a high altitude airport I don't think it would be possible to have non-stop routes between Johannesburg and Toronto. Even South African Airways other routes to New York JFK and Washington Dulles usually have a stop in either Dakar or Accra first. That being said though South African Airlines was considering establishing a hub in West Africa so it would benefit travelers heading to that region.
diablo234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto