daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 25th, 2007, 05:34 PM   #481
yyzer
Registered User
 
yyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,195
Likes (Received): 45

More strong rumours that Cathay Pacific (CX) will be adding 3 additional weekly flights to YYZ, nonstop, with the A340-600, effective Dec 1, 2007..apparently they are very cautiously holding off announcing until they take delivery of 2 more 777-300ERs - which are due within the next seven days...so, hopefully we will get an official announcement by about Nov 1...
yyzer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2007, 03:18 PM   #482
TObermuda37
Canadian in Bermuda
 
TObermuda37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 88
Likes (Received): 0

According to an article on Travel Daily News, Lufthansa is upgrading the flight from DUS to YYZ to 6 times/week from the current 5 based on the demand being very strong. I have attached the link for your information.

http://www.traveldailynews.com/new.a...category_id=53

Below is part of the article that mentions this.

"Lufthansa has announced that it will continue expansion and increase flight offerings at the largest airport in Nordrhein-Westfalen. One new route for the airline, for example, is to the Canadian hub in Toronto. Due to increased demand, this route will be expanded in May 2008 from five to six rotations per week. Lufthansa will use wide-body aircraft on the successfully established routes to New York and Chicago."
TObermuda37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 07:01 PM   #483
yyzhyd
Registered User
 
yyzhyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 646
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
More strong rumours that Cathay Pacific (CX) will be adding 3 additional weekly flights to YYZ, nonstop, with the A340-600, effective Dec 1, 2007..apparently they are very cautiously holding off announcing until they take delivery of 2 more 777-300ERs - which are due within the next seven days...so, hopefully we will get an official announcement by about Nov 1...
My unofficial scoop is that the thrice weekly is only during December, 2007 and will go to daily from January 1, 2008
---------
CX 828...dep HKG 1635.....arr YYZ 2050
CX 829...dep YYZ 2230.....arr HKG 0735+2
All flights operated with an Airbus A340-300 (w/stop in ANC)
Frequency is daily

---------
CX 826...dep HKG 1930.....arr YYZ 2140
CX 827...dep YYZ 0755.....arr HKG 1255+1
All flights operated with an Airbus A340-600/Boeing B777-300ER
Frequency is daily

Not sure if both of these will go non-stop once enough B77Ws are delivered.
yyzhyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 10:57 PM   #484
globetrekker
Registered user
 
globetrekker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 283
Likes (Received): 0

http://www.gtaa.com

Toronto Pearson Today
Emirates begins Toronto-Dubai route October 29th, 2007
Date of Release: 2007-10-26

One of the world’s most successful and fastest growing international airlines will begin service at Toronto Pearson on October 29th, 2007. Emirates has selected the Toronto to Dubai route as their first gateway in Canada. “Responding to market demand, the new route will provide a first direct link between Canada’s largest city and Dubai, providing also convenient, ongoing access to the Middle East, Africa and the South Asian Subcontinent,” said HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, Chairman and Chief Executive, Emirates Airline and Group.

The Toronto-Dubai nonstop services will take just longer than 13 hours and the return flight will be 14 hours and 20 minutes. With comfort being a top priority on the long-haul journey, the aircraft will be fitted with eight luxurious private suites in First class, 42 of its latest lie-flat seats in Business class, and a comfortable Economy-class cabin for 304 passengers.

“The GTAA and the airport community are looking forward to welcoming the first Emirates flight,” said Steve Shaw, Vice President, Marketing and Business Development for the GTAA. “The airline has made a significant investment to expand services in North America and we are pleased that Emirates understands the value of flying into Toronto.”

Emirates’ nonstop service between Toronto and Dubai will operate three times a week. The same aircraft will also transport cargo between the two cities, with 12 tonnes of capacity from Toronto to Dubai and six tonnes from Dubai to Toronto. The economic impact of this three times weekly service is estimated at an excess of $33 million in business revenues, 233 jobs, employment income of around $8.5 million, and taxes of $5.6 million annually.
globetrekker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 10:57 PM   #485
globetrekker
Registered user
 
globetrekker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 283
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrekker View Post
http://www.gtaa.com

Toronto Pearson Today
Emirates begins Toronto-Dubai route October 29th, 2007
Date of Release: 2007-10-26

One of the world’s most successful and fastest growing international airlines will begin service at Toronto Pearson on October 29th, 2007. Emirates has selected the Toronto to Dubai route as their first gateway in Canada. “Responding to market demand, the new route will provide a first direct link between Canada’s largest city and Dubai, providing also convenient, ongoing access to the Middle East, Africa and the South Asian Subcontinent,” said HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, Chairman and Chief Executive, Emirates Airline and Group.

The Toronto-Dubai nonstop services will take just longer than 13 hours and the return flight will be 14 hours and 20 minutes. With comfort being a top priority on the long-haul journey, the aircraft will be fitted with eight luxurious private suites in First class, 42 of its latest lie-flat seats in Business class, and a comfortable Economy-class cabin for 304 passengers.

“The GTAA and the airport community are looking forward to welcoming the first Emirates flight,” said Steve Shaw, Vice President, Marketing and Business Development for the GTAA. “The airline has made a significant investment to expand services in North America and we are pleased that Emirates understands the value of flying into Toronto.”

Emirates’ nonstop service between Toronto and Dubai will operate three times a week. The same aircraft will also transport cargo between the two cities, with 12 tonnes of capacity from Toronto to Dubai and six tonnes from Dubai to Toronto. The economic impact of this three times weekly service is estimated at an excess of $33 million in business revenues, 233 jobs, employment income of around $8.5 million, and taxes of $5.6 million annually.
What aircraft are they flying to YYZ with?
globetrekker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2007, 12:21 AM   #486
Canadian74
Registered User
 
Canadian74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 533
Likes (Received): 1

Boeing 777-300ER.
Canadian74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #487
globetrekker
Registered user
 
globetrekker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 283
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian74 View Post
Boeing 777-300ER.
Nice. Thank you.
globetrekker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 03:40 PM   #488
globetrekker
Registered user
 
globetrekker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 283
Likes (Received): 0

Porter Airlines sues Air Canada, Jazz

Whoa!

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/mark...tent=b1026108A

Porter Airlines seeking court order to separate Jazz from Air Canada
Gary Norris, The Canadian Press
October 26, 2007 - 5:02 p.m.
TORONTO - Porter Airlines Inc. is seeking a court order to sever the Jazz Air regional airline (TSX:JAZ.UN) from the Air Canada mainline carrier (TSX:AC.A).

The year-old operator of a turboprop service centred on the Toronto Island airport said Friday it also is demanding $850 million in damages from the two bigger airlines.

Porter alleges the continuing relationship between Air Canada and Jazz, both spun off from ACE Aviation Holdings (TSX:ACE.A), violates the Competition Act.

-------------------------------

http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2007/1...t.html?ref=rss

Porter Airlines said Friday it has gone to court to try to break up the ties between Jazz Air and Air Canada.

Porter, which has been flying for a year out of Toronto Island airport, is also seeking $850 million in damages.

Air Canada and Jazz are both spin-offs of ACE Aviation Holdings.

In a statement of defence and counterclaim filed with in Ontario Superior Court, Porter alleges that the relationship between Jazz and Air Canada violates the Competition Act, and that Jazz and Air Canada have conspired to lessen competition in the air market.

Porter alleges that Air Canada and Jazz coordinate on airfares, avoid competition with each other and impede new competitors.

The statements have not been proven in court.

Jazz and Porter have been locked in a legal fight over Jazz's desire to regain access to Toronto Island airport. Jazz was turfed out last year.

From its Halifax base, Jazz said Porter's allegations were "completely without merit and will be vigorously contested in court."

"Porter Airlines continues to launch unfounded allegations against Jazz in an effort to prevent competition at the Toronto City Centre Airport," Jazz said.

Jazz also said its agreement with Air Canada is a standard industry practice
between regional and mainline carriers in North America.

Jazz cut its service from downtown Toronto on March 1, 2006, after it was evicted from the airport. In the summer of that year, the regional carrier announced plans to restore commuter daily service to Ottawa and Montreal. However, the Toronto Port Authority, which oversees the airport, refused to approve a lease that would allow the carrier to use the island facilities.
globetrekker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 07:22 PM   #489
yyzhyd
Registered User
 
yyzhyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 646
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrekker View Post
http://www.gtaa.com

Toronto Pearson Today
Emirates begins Toronto-Dubai route October 29th, 2007
Date of Release: 2007-10-26

One of the world’s most successful and fastest growing international airlines will begin service at Toronto Pearson on October 29th, 2007. Emirates has selected the Toronto to Dubai route as their first gateway in Canada. “Responding to market demand, the new route will provide a first direct link between Canada’s largest city and Dubai, providing also convenient, ongoing access to the Middle East, Africa and the South Asian Subcontinent,” said HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, Chairman and Chief Executive, Emirates Airline and Group.

The Toronto-Dubai nonstop services will take just longer than 13 hours and the return flight will be 14 hours and 20 minutes. With comfort being a top priority on the long-haul journey, the aircraft will be fitted with eight luxurious private suites in First class, 42 of its latest lie-flat seats in Business class, and a comfortable Economy-class cabin for 304 passengers.

“The GTAA and the airport community are looking forward to welcoming the first Emirates flight,” said Steve Shaw, Vice President, Marketing and Business Development for the GTAA. “The airline has made a significant investment to expand services in North America and we are pleased that Emirates understands the value of flying into Toronto.”

Emirates’ nonstop service between Toronto and Dubai will operate three times a week. The same aircraft will also transport cargo between the two cities, with 12 tonnes of capacity from Toronto to Dubai and six tonnes from Dubai to Toronto. The economic impact of this three times weekly service is estimated at an excess of $33 million in business revenues, 233 jobs, employment income of around $8.5 million, and taxes of $5.6 million annually.
After departing 10 minutes late from Dubai due to inaugural flight ceremonies it looks like they're really putting the "pedal to the metal" as EK241 is currently 30min ahead of schedule with an ETA of 14:25.
Onboard this historic flight is HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman and Chief Executive, Emirates Airline and Group along with the Canada and the UAE's respective Ambassadors.
yyzhyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 11:35 PM   #490
Filip
Torontonian 4ever
 
Filip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,891
Likes (Received): 435

Interesting... Malev will cut its two transatlantic routes for the winter seasons (JFK,YYZ) and restart them in April. Guess YYZ survived the OK fiasco.. but MA is out!
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 03:52 PM   #491
yyzhyd
Registered User
 
yyzhyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 646
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip View Post
Interesting... Malev will cut its two transatlantic routes for the winter seasons (JFK,YYZ) and restart them in April. Guess YYZ survived the OK fiasco.. but MA is out!
MA just has a B762 and a B763.
That's not much of a fleet to operate any decent international operations to begin with
IIRC their B762 is leaving the fleet and won't be replaced until Spring 2008. This is the aircraft that operated the YYZ and JFK runs...so it makes sense they've cancelled winter operations.
Transatlantic during the winter is slow season anyway.
yyzhyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 09:30 AM   #492
hkskyline
Hong Kong
 
hkskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 86,935
Likes (Received): 18204

The long wait for an airport train that never arrives
29 October 2007
The Globe and Mail

In civilized cities, you can take a train to the airport. In Toronto, you are forced into a $50 cab ride, or an epic journey on the subway out to catch the bus from Kipling Station, a fate one does not wish on one's worst enemy – whom one offers instead to drive to the airport, chatting politely the entire 45 minutes. Why is this so?

First of all, blame history. Toronto Pearson International Airport and the city it serves came of age in the era of the car. YYZ is perfectly located at the dizzying intersection of countless lanes of expressways. Cars were the future, and trains were for the history books, the Last Spike and all that.

Fair enough. But you don't have to be London – where the Piccadilly Line takes you to and from Heathrow, if you can't afford the express train – to ride the rails to the airport.

In Chicago, to which Toronto is often compared, the subway trundles out to O'Hare, stopping along the way to pick up young people in McDonald's uniforms, airport security tags hanging around their necks, as well as harried business travellers.

It would be nice to have a choice. What happens as Toronto continues to grow and so many cars clog all those lovely expressways to Pearson (and elsewhere) that we all start missing flights? Some 30 million people a year flow through Pearson, with just 1 per cent of those trips including public transit. If Toronto wants to pull some cars off the roads to ease congestion and reduce greenhouse-gas emissions – leave aside the ecological destruction caused by airplanes – isn't a train to the airport an obvious fix?

There are, in fact, two plans – little more than lines on maps at the moment – that would bring rail vehicles at least within spitting range of Pearson. Which is a good thing, since they have already built a train station there, waiting for a train that never comes.

Plan No. 1 is the infamous “Blue 22,” a hastily announced private-public partnership with SNC-Lavalin to operate a high-speed express train from Union Station to Pearson. It is supposed to take just 22 minutes – hence the name – and cost $20. After the federal Liberals proclaimed it in 2003, the project quickly became mired in the approvals process as people who lived along the route in the Weston area objected to trains they could not ride whipping through their community. It remains mired.

David Collenette, the former Liberal federal transport minister who spearheaded the project, said it would be up and running by 2008, which turned out to be a little optimistic. It could be 2012 before anything is completed, if ever.

With federal cash, it is GO Transit that is spearheading the process to get more tracks laid in the Georgetown corridor where Blue 22 would go, so GO can expand its service as well. It is a big project: All told, including GO improvements, the price tag could come close to $500-million.

Some residents, and at last check, the province, seem to hope for a new plan to emerge that would allow for a train that stops in Weston and elsewhere along the way, instead of catering to business travellers coming out of Union Station. That might force SNC-Lavalin to back away, or to demand some sort of subsidy, since the proposed service wouldn't resemble the one it thought profitable.

Plan No. 2, which doesn't really overlap with the original Blue 22 scheme, is Mayor David Miller's “Transit City,” which calls for a much slower light-rail line, partially tunnelled, along Eglinton Avenue. This line could be extended out to Pearson, although airport officials aren't precisely sure how the streetcars would enter the airport. It is safe to say the glacial pace of these things means there is lots of time to figure all of this out before tracks are laid.

If both an express train from Union Station, and a slower, frequently stopping light-rail line along Eglinton, appear in the quasi-distant future, the cab ride to the airport could become optional again. But with Toronto's luck, these projects would be completed just as the world, trying to fight climate change, finally cracks down on air travel.

Dr. Gridlock appears Mondays.
__________________
Hong Kong Photo Gallery - Click Here for the Hong Kong Galleries

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2007, 06:01 PM   #493
p5archit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Toronto, Vienna, Amsterdam
Posts: 533
Likes (Received): 1

Public transit is by far one of the most pathetic and embarassing aspects of Toronto. The fact that we do not have a proper rail-connection between the city and the airport is truly unfortunate and shows how much growing up this city needs to do in order to consider itself a real player in this world of major cities.

Both of the plans mentioned in the article are not really solutions. the SNC-Lavalin plan is severly outdated, and uses trains from the 1970's-not to mention has almost no capacity and doesn't stop anywhere other than at the airport and union station in the city. I think before they build an express train, they should probably build a train line which serves the airport, but which also serves the surrouding areas as well. Also, they need to make the train enter the building proper- unnecessary transfers only cause problems and unwanted headaches for the user.

The solution is simple, as it is with most public transit issues, make funds available and don't shy away because of the costs. These things are going to be expensive whenever you choose to build them. Honestly it is infuriating how little political motivation is present in this country.

When friends of mine arrived from vienna last year, I couldn't pick them up and so proceeded to tell them which bus or cab to take in order to get to my place in the city. Confused they asked about a train to the city- being European this was something they took for granted, a train is not a merely a perk for the traveller, but common sense. Regardless, of the situation, this is just typical of the mentality gap which is experienced by those visiting this city from asia, europe and in some cases the states.

It all boils down to political will and motivation- why risk my safe cushy job- oh and car manufacturers have a lot to do with it as well.

p5
__________________
..unc!
p5archit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2007, 06:54 PM   #494
yyzhyd
Registered User
 
yyzhyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 646
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5archit View Post
Public transit is by far one of the most pathetic and embarassing aspects of Toronto. The fact that we do not have a proper rail-connection between the city and the airport is truly unfortunate and shows how much growing up this city needs to do in order to consider itself a real player in this world of major cities.

Both of the plans mentioned in the article are not really solutions. the SNC-Lavalin plan is severly outdated, and uses trains from the 1970's-not to mention has almost no capacity and doesn't stop anywhere other than at the airport and union station in the city. I think before they build an express train, they should probably build a train line which serves the airport, but which also serves the surrouding areas as well. Also, they need to make the train enter the building proper- unnecessary transfers only cause problems and unwanted headaches for the user.

The solution is simple, as it is with most public transit issues, make funds available and don't shy away because of the costs. These things are going to be expensive whenever you choose to build them. Honestly it is infuriating how little political motivation is present in this country.

When friends of mine arrived from vienna last year, I couldn't pick them up and so proceeded to tell them which bus or cab to take in order to get to my place in the city. Confused they asked about a train to the city- being European this was something they took for granted, a train is not a merely a perk for the traveller, but common sense. Regardless, of the situation, this is just typical of the mentality gap which is experienced by those visiting this city from asia, europe and in some cases the states.

It all boils down to political will and motivation- why risk my safe cushy job- oh and car manufacturers have a lot to do with it as well.

p5
Yes it is a disgrace that we don't have a train or subway link to Pearson.

IIRC the design and construction of the new T1 has provisions (rough-in) for a full underground train station... what's needed is the various levels of govt. to get off their ass and give some money to fund the GO-Train spur line from Malton.
The GTAA has already established a right-of-way for the tracks as well along Hwy. 409.
yyzhyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2007, 12:42 AM   #495
Canadian74
Registered User
 
Canadian74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 533
Likes (Received): 1

Some idiot residents between the proposed route don't allow the rail to be build between Pearson and Downtown.
Canadian74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2007, 06:30 AM   #496
Gil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,120
Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian74 View Post
Some idiot residents between the proposed route don't allow the rail to be build between Pearson and Downtown.
Not exactly. The most vocal opponents of the Blue 22 line were from the community of Weston. Firstly the number of trips on the line necessitated that the roads which cross the tracks that run through the community would need to be closed. Keeping level crossings was simply not an option and it would be too expensive to engineer the problem away. They complained that the neighbourhood would be split in two with only one road allowed to cross instead of the current 4 I believe.

Secondly, the train was supposed to run non-stop between downtown and Pearson. Weston would be inconvenienced by the road closures and would not be able to benefit at all from it. They had pushed to have additional stops on the line, one in their community and another at Bloor to connect with the subway.

This is the same scenario with JFK's AirTrain. It runs non-stop between JFK and the transit hub at Jamaica. Residents along the route, many of whom work at JFK pleaded to have a station put in, but were shut out. It was a jurisdictional matter that prevented a station from being built.

Funny, NYC is one of the few "World Class Cities" that doesn't have a direct link to the airport from downtown. You can either take the subway or commuter train and then the AirTrain to either JFK or Newark. If you're off to La Guardia on transit, all you've got is the bus.

Mind you a similar situation could happen here. Turn Malton into a transit hub (all-day rail service on GO and VIA, plus local transit) and run the LINK trains down Airport Rd. into Pearson. It'd probably be cheaper than building a whole new spur line with a transfer station at Woodbine.
Gil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2007, 06:35 AM   #497
hkskyline
Hong Kong
 
hkskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 86,935
Likes (Received): 18204

US airports are notorious of bad transit connections compared to their European counterparts, so their facilities are not a good standard for comparison to begin with.
__________________
Hong Kong Photo Gallery - Click Here for the Hong Kong Galleries

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2007, 07:04 AM   #498
Gil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,120
Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
US airports are notorious of bad transit connections compared to their European counterparts, so their facilities are not a good standard for comparison to begin with.
I know, but I was just drawing the comparison as we tend to use New York as a measuring stick of sorts for growth and development in Toronto.
There are other cities in the US that do have decent transit connections to their airports. Chicago and San Francisco come to mind with direct rail-based transit connections. Meanwhile on the other end of the scale America's other major city, LA also lacks a transit connection. But their situation is completely different. . .
Gil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:07 AM   #499
isaidso
the new republic
 
isaidso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The United Provinces of America
Posts: 29,754
Likes (Received): 10982

The residents of Weston have a right to complain, but a solution has to be found. It's simply intolerable that there is no dedicated line from Pearson to Union. Rail in general, is a joke in the GTA.

Intercity (VIA), suburban (GO), and subway (TTC), are all massively underdeveloped. We only have one rail station in the entire city. Most cities our size have at least 3 or 4. A dedicated rail link to Union from Pearson is a start, but we need to quintuple the rail infrastructure in this city. How many people take a GO Train from North York to Mississauga? No one!
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2007, 09:47 PM   #500
Canadian74
Registered User
 
Canadian74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 533
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
Mind you a similar situation could happen here. Turn Malton into a transit hub (all-day rail service on GO and VIA, plus local transit) and run the LINK trains down Airport Rd. into Pearson. It'd probably be cheaper than building a whole new spur line with a transfer station at Woodbine.
That sounds nice!
Canadian74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium