daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 4th, 2008, 12:18 PM   #641
Filip
Torontonian 4ever
 
Filip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,891
Likes (Received): 435

Toronto is finally starting to see a bit of a mix; carrier wise. I think we might see TAM Brazil eventually and Aeromexico for sure. Most likely we'll also see a few more Carribean airlines.
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #642
yyzhyd
Registered User
 
yyzhyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 646
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip View Post
Airliners.net have SCL-YYZ a go for October 2008 on Lan Chile.

Apparently the airline is studying three options:
1) SCL-YYZ direct
2) SCL-LIM-YYZ codesharing with Lan Peru
3) SCL-JFK-YYZ (most likely won't happen)

I bet we'll see the SCL-LIM-YYZ route.

Also Iberia is actively looking at a route to Montreal. I have no clue with some carriers' obsession with operating such a low yielding route. We can thank Air Canada though for them destroying their Toronto plans.
Not saying I told ya so but...(see post#604)
Will be a treat to see their 767s here at YYZ.
yyzhyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:18 PM   #643
yyzhyd
Registered User
 
yyzhyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 646
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
If I could I would shut down Air Canada for good. We need a nicer and better airline.
I guess you haven't flown much, because AC is one of the better airlines out there. Try a trip on a British Airways 744, or KLM MD11 you might just change your mind.
yyzhyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 12:52 AM   #644
Filip
Torontonian 4ever
 
Filip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,891
Likes (Received): 435

You were right! Thanks for the early heads up.

I hope Iberia chooses Toronto over Montreal.
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 02:18 AM   #645
TObermuda37
Canadian in Bermuda
 
TObermuda37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 88
Likes (Received): 0

Good to see that I am not the only one viewing the airliners.net. I don't have the link but last week on May 29, canada newswire posted a release stating that the govt was close to an agreement with reference to the EU. Lets see how that turns out. I guess a lot of people missed it. Should be a good thing for Pearson.

On a separate note, AF is suing the GTAA and NAV Canada for the crash of AF358. No word from the GTAA or Nav Canada and we shall see how thing goes.
TObermuda37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 02:28 AM   #646
TObermuda37
Canadian in Bermuda
 
TObermuda37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 88
Likes (Received): 0

Here is the link about them being close to an agreement. Also, on May 30, a new Blue Skies agreement between Canada and the Philippines.

Philippines: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../30/c6636.html

EU announcement: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../29/c5919.html
TObermuda37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:45 AM   #647
Gil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,120
Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TObermuda37 View Post
Here is the link about them being close to an agreement. Also, on May 30, a new Blue Skies agreement between Canada and the Philippines.

Philippines: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../30/c6636.html
Interesting, which is more likely? AC YYZ>HKG/NRT/ICH>MNL or PR YYZ>YVR/LAX/SFO>MNL? (Boiled down: AC in MNL or PR in YYZ?)
Gil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #648
yyzhyd
Registered User
 
yyzhyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 646
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
Interesting, which is more likely? AC YYZ>HKG/NRT/ICH>MNL or PR YYZ>YVR/LAX/SFO>MNL? (Boiled down: AC in MNL or PR in YYZ?)
Neither is imminent... but my best guess would be PR in YYZ.
yyzhyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 11:34 PM   #649
Filip
Torontonian 4ever
 
Filip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,891
Likes (Received): 435

http://www.routesonline.com/news/17/...ek-and-mumbai/

Wtf...
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:45 AM   #650
ACT7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,402
Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip View Post
Never really heard of these guys, but hey, any new airline is good news for YYZ. Anyone hear any specific timing yet for THY Turkish. All it seems to say is fall 2008.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 10:27 AM   #651
Filip
Torontonian 4ever
 
Filip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,891
Likes (Received): 435

They're one of the Chinese airlines rapidly expanding to NA. I'm happy they chose YYZ even before their announced route to ORD opened.
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 11:12 AM   #652
Gil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,120
Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzhyd View Post
Neither is imminent... but my best guess would be PR in YYZ.
Given PR's recent downgrading by the US FAA essentially freezing the level of service between the Philippines and the US combined with PR's expressed desire to return to ORD and EWR (and introduce service to SAN and SPN), perhaps they can use YYZ as a springboard for service into the eastern US? It may not be the cheapest option, but at least there will be another alternative to flying out to Chicago and New York.
Gil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2008, 02:45 AM   #653
yyzer
Registered User
 
yyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,195
Likes (Received): 45

There was a new bilateral air agreement announced today between Canada and Panama....this gives Copa Panama (CM) route authority to Toronto for the very first time...I think you will see them here fairly shortly, as they have stated for several years now that they wanted the route; I also think that you will see Air Canada starting up YYZ-PTY maybe with A319s...

here's the press release..

GOVERNMENT OF CANADA ANNOUNCES NEW AIR AGREEMENT WITH PANAMA

OTTAWA — A new air transport agreement with the Republic of Panama, a long-standing bilateral partner in Central America, was announced today by the Honourable Lawrence Cannon, Minister of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities, and the Honourable David Emerson, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade and Minister for the Pacific Gateway and the Vancouver-Whistler Olympics.

The agreement puts in place a new, modern framework for scheduled air services between Canada and Panama, consistent with Canada's Blue Sky policy.

"The new agreement will benefit passengers, businesses, air carriers and airports through a greater range of travel options," said Minister Cannon. "I am pleased to announce the conclusion of a new air transport agreement with the Republic of Panama, a close bilateral partner of Canada."

Airlines from both countries can serve any point in each others' territory, with greater flexibility for establishing airfares, and greater certainty surrounding operational business issues. The agreement also includes strong safety and security provisions, reflecting the importance both countries attach to these subjects.

"Canada greatly values its long-standing relationship with Panama," said Minister Emerson. "This achievement further reflects this government's commitment to open new air links with key bilateral partners to facilitate growth in trade, investment and tourism."

With air travel, trade and investment between Canada and Panama growing, this agreement marks another step forward in Canada's engagement in the Americas. The agreement also complements Canada's recently launched exploratory discussions with Panama on a possible Free Trade Agreement. In 2007, bilateral merchandise trade between Canada and Panama totaled $115 million, with Canadian exports accounting for $86.4 million and imports totaling $28.7 million. From 2005 to 2007, Canadian merchandise exports to Panama increased 44 per cent.

Air carriers from both countries have shown an interest in operating scheduled air services between Canada and Panama, and are currently reviewing their plans in light of the new agreement.
yyzer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #654
Filip
Torontonian 4ever
 
Filip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,891
Likes (Received): 435

Good news! I'm still shocked about the Hainan Airways to YYZ. They were honestly out of the blue!

Santiago's airport has LAN Chile to Toronto on their news page, now we just wait for the official release from LAN.
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 09:15 PM   #655
spearhead
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North America/Asia Pacific
Posts: 7,915
Likes (Received): 2878

PIA should extend their LRT system service next time to its surrounding cities.
spearhead no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:38 PM   #656
TObermuda37
Canadian in Bermuda
 
TObermuda37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 88
Likes (Received): 0

So, LAN has made it official. 5 days a week to Pearson via JFK.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../15/c4775.html

Details of press releaase:

Attention Business And Travel Editors:

LAN Airlines Announces New Flights Between Toronto and Santiago
<<
South America's Leading Airline to Offer Service between Toronto and
Santiago, Chile, starting in September

>>
MIAMI, July 15 /CNW/ -- LAN Airlines expands the reach of its
international network today by announcing new service to Santiago, Chile, from
Toronto, Canada starting September 3rd, 2008. Once in Santiago, passengers
have access to flights to multiple destinations within Chile and Argentina.
The company will offer five flights per week to Santiago via New York City on
its modern fleet of Boeing 767 aircraft.
LAN flights will operate from Toronto to Santiago on Mondays, Wednesdays,
Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays providing reliable alternatives for
passengers traveling to the South America region. Passengers wishing to travel
between Toronto and New York now have another carrier choice for this popular
route. In New York, passengers can also connect to Lima, Peru with LAN
Airlines.
"LAN has had its sights set on Canada for quite some time," said Pablo
Yunis, Vice President, North/Central America, LAN Airlines. "Toronto is a very
important market for travel to South America, both for leisure and business
travel, as well as for travelers who are returning to their homelands. Our
goal is to connect South America with one of the most important cultural and
financial centers in North America and showcase our signature service to
Canadian travelers."
LAN has long been hailed as the premier airline in South America.
Following an investment of $100 million, the airline boasts a modern fleet of
Boeing 767 aircraft for international flights and continues to set the
standard for travel to the region. LAN Premium Business Class offers full-flat
seats to South America, a wine list selected by Latin America's only master
sommelier and meals prepared by the region's leading chefs. The entire cabin
is outfitted with an on-demand in-flight entertainment system that features
music, movies and games. Economy Class passengers can also enjoy new seats
which recline at a greater angle and a seat cushion that slides forward to
increase comfort.
"We are committed to every one of our passengers," said Pablo Yunis. "It
is our desire to tend to them with a warm and positive disposition in a
welcoming environment while providing the excellence in customer service and
the best travel experience."
The Toronto-New York-Santiago route will operate from Terminal 3 at
Pearson International Airport.
TObermuda37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:02 AM   #657
yyzhyd
Registered User
 
yyzhyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 646
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TObermuda37 View Post
So, LAN has made it official. 5 days a week to Pearson via JFK.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../15/c4775.html

Details of press releaase:

Attention Business And Travel Editors:

LAN Airlines Announces New Flights Between Toronto and Santiago
<<
South America's Leading Airline to Offer Service between Toronto and
Santiago, Chile, starting in September

>>
MIAMI, July 15 /CNW/ -- LAN Airlines expands the reach of its
international network today by announcing new service to Santiago, Chile, from
Toronto, Canada starting September 3rd, 2008. Once in Santiago, passengers
have access to flights to multiple destinations within Chile and Argentina.
The company will offer five flights per week to Santiago via New York City on
its modern fleet of Boeing 767 aircraft.
LAN flights will operate from Toronto to Santiago on Mondays, Wednesdays,
Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays providing reliable alternatives for
passengers traveling to the South America region. Passengers wishing to travel
between Toronto and New York now have another carrier choice for this popular
route. In New York, passengers can also connect to Lima, Peru with LAN
Airlines.
"LAN has had its sights set on Canada for quite some time," said Pablo
Yunis, Vice President, North/Central America, LAN Airlines. "Toronto is a very
important market for travel to South America, both for leisure and business
travel, as well as for travelers who are returning to their homelands. Our
goal is to connect South America with one of the most important cultural and
financial centers in North America and showcase our signature service to
Canadian travelers."
LAN has long been hailed as the premier airline in South America.
Following an investment of $100 million, the airline boasts a modern fleet of
Boeing 767 aircraft for international flights and continues to set the
standard for travel to the region. LAN Premium Business Class offers full-flat
seats to South America, a wine list selected by Latin America's only master
sommelier and meals prepared by the region's leading chefs. The entire cabin
is outfitted with an on-demand in-flight entertainment system that features
music, movies and games. Economy Class passengers can also enjoy new seats
which recline at a greater angle and a seat cushion that slides forward to
increase comfort.
"We are committed to every one of our passengers," said Pablo Yunis. "It
is our desire to tend to them with a warm and positive disposition in a
welcoming environment while providing the excellence in customer service and
the best travel experience."
The Toronto-New York-Santiago route will operate from Terminal 3 at
Pearson International Airport.
Schedule below:

LA532
Depart Santiago (SCL) 9:45PM
Arrive Toronto (YYZ) 12:45PM next day

LH553
Depart Toronto (YYZ) 4:35PM
Arrive Santiago (SCL) 6:55AM next day

Frequency: Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri and Sat
1 stop via New York (JFK)
All flights operated by Boeing B767-300ER
yyzhyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 02:10 AM   #658
yyzer
Registered User
 
yyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,195
Likes (Received): 45

Great News about LAN, although 5 x's weekly is an awful lot of lift for this route....

Hopefully we will be seeing one or two more additional carriers as well, this fall......rumours, you know....
yyzer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #659
yyzer
Registered User
 
yyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,195
Likes (Received): 45

LH Cargo Adding YYZ

New cargo service arrives at Toronto Pearson

TORONTO, Aug. 12 /CNW/ - The Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA)
will be welcoming Lufthansa Cargo to Toronto Pearson International Airport as
of September 2, 2008. Lufthansa will be flying twice weekly service from
Frankfurt using MD-11 freighters. This will provide the Canadian market with
approximately 90 tonnes of air freight capacity on each flight.
"It is very exciting to see Lufthansa Cargo announcing this service into
Toronto," said Lloyd McCoomb, President and CEO of the GTAA. "This shows that
the demand for additional reliable cargo service exists and confirms Toronto's
position as the largest air freight market in Canada. We are responding to the
needs of the businesses in the Toronto area that require just-in-time delivery
and dependable shipping solutions."
According to Dr. Andreas Otto, Lufthansa Cargo Executive Board Member,
Product and Sales, "our new service enables us to air freight customer's
shipments faster non-stop to Canada and connects Toronto with Europe's biggest
cargo airport."
Toronto Pearson is the leading air cargo gateway in Canada, offering
world class facilities and infrastructure for all-cargo operators. All five
runways are equipped to handle heavyweight aircraft and there are more than
1.2 million square feet of cargo handling facilities and 2.5 million square
feet of dedicated apron space for cargo operations.
Toronto Pearson is the only Canadian airport served with scheduled
all-cargo services to Latin America, Europe, Asia and the United States.
Additionally, world-leading freight forwarders have their Canadian
headquarters in Toronto and the bulk of their consolidations in Canada take
place near the airport.

The GTAA is the non-share, not for profit authority that operates Toronto
Pearson. All revenue generated by the GTAA is reinvested back into the
airport. The GTAA recently announced a 25% reduction in cargo landing fees for
all-cargo flights arriving at Toronto Pearson.
yyzer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2008, 12:00 AM   #660
globetrekker
Registered user
 
globetrekker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 283
Likes (Received): 0



Thanks for the article!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
New cargo service arrives at Toronto Pearson

TORONTO, Aug. 12 /CNW/ - The Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA)
will be welcoming Lufthansa Cargo to Toronto Pearson International Airport as
of September 2, 2008. Lufthansa will be flying twice weekly service from
Frankfurt using MD-11 freighters. This will provide the Canadian market with
approximately 90 tonnes of air freight capacity on each flight.
"It is very exciting to see Lufthansa Cargo announcing this service into
Toronto," said Lloyd McCoomb, President and CEO of the GTAA. "This shows that
the demand for additional reliable cargo service exists and confirms Toronto's
position as the largest air freight market in Canada. We are responding to the
needs of the businesses in the Toronto area that require just-in-time delivery
and dependable shipping solutions."
According to Dr. Andreas Otto, Lufthansa Cargo Executive Board Member,
Product and Sales, "our new service enables us to air freight customer's
shipments faster non-stop to Canada and connects Toronto with Europe's biggest
cargo airport."
Toronto Pearson is the leading air cargo gateway in Canada, offering
world class facilities and infrastructure for all-cargo operators. All five
runways are equipped to handle heavyweight aircraft and there are more than
1.2 million square feet of cargo handling facilities and 2.5 million square
feet of dedicated apron space for cargo operations.
Toronto Pearson is the only Canadian airport served with scheduled
all-cargo services to Latin America, Europe, Asia and the United States.
Additionally, world-leading freight forwarders have their Canadian
headquarters in Toronto and the bulk of their consolidations in Canada take
place near the airport.

The GTAA is the non-share, not for profit authority that operates Toronto
Pearson. All revenue generated by the GTAA is reinvested back into the
airport. The GTAA recently announced a 25% reduction in cargo landing fees for
all-cargo flights arriving at Toronto Pearson.
globetrekker no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium