daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 21st, 2009, 10:03 PM   #781
pijanec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ptuj
Posts: 1,800
Likes (Received): 6

...
pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2009, 06:51 AM   #782
TObermuda37
Canadian in Bermuda
 
TObermuda37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 88
Likes (Received): 0

Please Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZplanner View Post
Hey guys,

Toronto airport has reduced its landing fees by 25% which started on the first of january, 2009. What airlines can we expect to come besides air china, aeromexico, turkish airlines, maybe qatar airlines, and maybe eqypt air? Any other from the middle east or africa, or more flights from or to there?
Correct me if I am wrong but the reduction in landing fee's of 25% was for Cargo only. Passenger fees were reduced but not by 25%. I bellieve the reduction was only between 3%-5%.

I Also just got back from Singapore and Tokyo. Long flight but the miles are amazing. I almost have my status miles with these flights. Just a killer of a flight. I think I was out cold for most of it.
TObermuda37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 12:50 PM   #783
globetrekker
Registered user
 
globetrekker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 283
Likes (Received): 0

T.O. airport link construction to begin by end of year

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...121?hub=Canada


Updated Wed. Jan. 21 2009 1:49 PM ET

ctvtoronto.ca


Construction is set to begin on a rail link that will connect Toronto commuters to Pearson International Airport before the end of the year, the provincial government announced Wednesday.

The rail link, which will run from Union Station in downtown Toronto to the airport in Mississauga, has been on the premier's agenda for years.

However, Dalton McGuinty said Tuesday that the government overcame some major hurdles and is now ready to get the plans underway.

The train ride will cost commuters about $20. The travel time from Union to Pearson should take about 25 minutes.

The government also said that the train will travel through a tunnel to alleviate the community's concerns about noise. The project calls for a stop to be built in the neighbourhood of Weston.

Metrolinx, the provincial agency in charge of the project, said the new plan is still subject to public consultations and an environmental assessment.

"We want to hear from communities along the corridor," said Rob MacIsaac, Metrolinx chair, in a news release Wednesday. "Listening to the public will be fundamental to the success of this very important transportation project."

The project is part of a $1 billion plan to expand transit throughout the Greater Toronto Area. The plan is being funded by all three levels of government.

However, Metrolinx said the airport link will have to be financed and operated privately.

Expanded GO service

Metrolinx also announced a plan to expand service to Georgetown and surrounding neighbourhoods.

Under the new plan, there will be:

two-way, all-day GO service between Toronto and Georgetown
two-way, all-day GO service between Toronto and Bradford
all-day express GO service between Toronto and Brampton
new peak period GO service between Toronto and Bolton
new peak period GO service between Toronto and Guelph
GO Transit Board Chairman Peter Smith said in the news release that this service expansion will lead to future projects.

"Addressing the limited rail capacity in the Georgetown South corridor permits expansion of GO services," he said. "This proposed project will lay the foundation for future further enhancements."
globetrekker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 11:27 PM   #784
YYZplanner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 94
Likes (Received): 0

Just one thing, can you share the information you have about Emirates A380's comng to Toronto once their fleet hits 7-8 frames. And can you tell me what is a frame?






Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzhyd View Post
Wow a lot of interesting topics since my last
visit to this thread!

1. As yyzer mentioned the S. Korea/Canada bilateral looks to have opened up.
I haven't been leaked any details but most likely it will allow Korean Air to operate daily flights to YYZ and YVR. If we're lucky Asiana might try an ICN-YVR or ICN-YYZ route.
Link: http://english.chosun.com/w21data/ht...811210012.html

2. Call it a blessing in disguise I guess, but with Emirates limited to 3 weekly flights into YYZ and their loads/yields doing extremely well. I have excellent info that the A380 will be put on the DXB-YYZ route once EK's fleet hits 7-8 frames. Currently they have 2 frames.

3. In 2009 expect an announcement by Qatar on and star alliance membership/codeshare followed closely by Qatar being granted 7 weekly flights to Canada. These will be used on DOH-YYZ most likely beginning in Fall 2009.

4. The chances of Saudi Arabian/Gulf Air flying to YYZ are very unlikely as there is not enough O-D passengers to support these routes, just like EK, EY, or QR. However EK, EY and QR have or are building efficient hubs that have excellent onward connections to South Asia.

Just my $0.02
YYZplanner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 02:04 AM   #785
yyzer
Registered User
 
yyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,195
Likes (Received): 45

planner, a "frame" is an airplane (airline industry lingo)....so he is saying once Emirates gets 7 or 8 Airbus A380 planes in their fleet, they will start flying them to Toronto...

/hope he is right!
yyzer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 04:09 AM   #786
YYZplanner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 94
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
planner, a "frame" is an airplane (airline industry lingo)....so he is saying once Emirates gets 7 or 8 Airbus A380 planes in their fleet, they will start flying them to Toronto...

/hope he is right!
Thank- You YYZer, but yyzhyd, I'm hoping you can tell me where you got that information from, and does anyone know about Malaysian airlines coming to Toronto. I was just checking out the city of Kuala Lumpur, and its amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be great if there were direct flight to there. Does Air Canada have any routes there?
YYZplanner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 07:45 AM   #787
Sen
Registered User
 
Sen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,644
Likes (Received): 24

I don't think that will ever become reality. We don't even have direct flight to Singapore yet, and I doubt that will ever happen in the near future.
Hong Kong is probably the furthest in Far East that will have direct link with YYZ.
Sen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #788
lvan
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: YYZ/FCO
Posts: 216
Likes (Received): 1

^ Correct. It's the priority logic. IMO AC needs to work better when it comes Asian market.
lvan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:36 PM   #789
YYZplanner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 94
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen View Post
I don't think that will ever become reality. We don't even have direct flight to Singapore yet, and I doubt that will ever happen in the near future.
Hong Kong is probably the furthest in Far East that will have direct link with YYZ.
True, we don't have direct flights to singapore, but we do have singapore airlines in Toronto. Its goes to singapore via london heathrow. Also at JFK airport, the singapore airlines over there does not go direct to singapore, rather it stops in France. Via Charles Du Gualle airport.
YYZplanner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #790
YYZplanner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 94
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZplanner View Post
True, we don't have direct flights to singapore, but we do have singapore airlines in Toronto. Its goes to singapore via london heathrow. Also at JFK airport, the singapore airlines over there does not go direct to singapore, rather it stops in France. Via Charles Du Gualle airport.
Isn't it true that these airlines listed are not at Toronto Pearson Airport, but rather do a codeshare with other airlines at the airport? And if it is true, that means Toronto airport is only home to about 50- 52 airlines!!! Thats it!!!!

TERMINAL 1:
Air New Zealand
All Nippon Airlines
Royal Jordanian
BMI
Republic Airlines
Swiss International airlines
Singapore airlines
SAS Scandinavian airlines
Shuttle America
Thai Airways
Avianca airlines

TERMINAL 3:
Alaska Airlines
Chautauqua Airlines
Comair
Japan Airlines
Iberia Airlines
Martin air Holland
SkyWest airlines
Atlantic Southeast airlines
Pinnacle Airlines
Qantas Airlines
Miami Air International airlines
Compass Airlines
YYZplanner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 12:27 AM   #791
TObermuda37
Canadian in Bermuda
 
TObermuda37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 88
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZplanner View Post
Isn't it true that these airlines listed are not at Toronto Pearson Airport, but rather do a codeshare with other airlines at the airport? And if it is true, that means Toronto airport is only home to about 50- 52 airlines!!! Thats it!!!!

TERMINAL 1:
Air New Zealand
All Nippon Airlines
Royal Jordanian
BMI
Republic Airlines
Swiss International airlines
Singapore airlines
SAS Scandinavian airlines
Shuttle America
Thai Airways
Avianca airlines

TERMINAL 3:
Alaska Airlines
Chautauqua Airlines
Comair
Japan Airlines
Iberia Airlines
Martin air Holland
SkyWest airlines
Atlantic Southeast airlines
Pinnacle Airlines
Qantas Airlines
Miami Air International airlines
Compass Airlines
Most of those airlines that you have listed do not fly to Toronto. Martinair flies here seasonally. Chautauaua, Comair, Skywest, Atlantic Southeast, Pinnacle, Shuttle America, Republic and Compass are all flying here but do so under the banner of the bigger US airlines. Meaning that they fly the regional routes for Delta, US Airways, United and so on.
TObermuda37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:27 AM   #792
YYZplanner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 94
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TObermuda37 View Post
Most of those airlines that you have listed do not fly to Toronto. Martinair flies here seasonally. Chautauaua, Comair, Skywest, Atlantic Southeast, Pinnacle, Shuttle America, Republic and Compass are all flying here but do so under the banner of the bigger US airlines. Meaning that they fly the regional routes for Delta, US Airways, United and so on.
TObermuda37, thanks for all that helpful information, but just another question. Are we expecting any of those airlines I listed that do not come to Toronto to come here soon or within the next two years. Also, when is Air Canada recieving its Boeing 777's and 787's? These would make a lot more destinations for AC in the future, especially in Asia.

Last edited by YYZplanner; January 28th, 2009 at 04:27 AM.
YYZplanner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:43 PM   #793
TObermuda37
Canadian in Bermuda
 
TObermuda37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 88
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZplanner View Post
TObermuda37, thanks for all that helpful information, but just another question. Are we expecting any of those airlines I listed that do not come to Toronto to come here soon or within the next two years. Also, when is Air Canada recieving its Boeing 777's and 787's? These would make a lot more destinations for AC in the future, especially in Asia.
Yyzplanner, Air Canada has been receiving their 777's. I know this as I have been on many of their flights on the 777's. Mainly on the Toronto-Tokyo, Toronto-London, Toronto-Frankfurt routes. The 787's are now delayed two years so they were supposed to get them in 2010 but they are now looking at 2012 the earliest.

Don't expect too many new routes this year or next because of the current economic situation. I would expect to see more reductions in flights versus additions. This was the situation as I was in Vancouver and the amount of Internaional flights was just not the same as before. Seems to have been a reduction.
TObermuda37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:21 PM   #794
globetrekker
Registered user
 
globetrekker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 283
Likes (Received): 0

I don't know about Emirates, but Etihad is to fly their A380 to Toronto. This is what I was told when I had an interview with them back in 2005. Until then, expect their 777's in T.O. The 777 is what they're replacing the A340-600 with that they fly to Toronto with. =(
globetrekker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 11:05 PM   #795
YYZplanner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 94
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TObermuda37 View Post
Yyzplanner, Air Canada has been receiving their 777's. I know this as I have been on many of their flights on the 777's. Mainly on the Toronto-Tokyo, Toronto-London, Toronto-Frankfurt routes. The 787's are now delayed two years so they were supposed to get them in 2010 but they are now looking at 2012 the earliest.

Don't expect too many new routes this year or next because of the current economic situation. I would expect to see more reductions in flights versus additions. This was the situation as I was in Vancouver and the amount of Internaional flights was just not the same as before. Seems to have been a reduction.
Thanks for that my friend, it was really helpful information. But we do expect these airlines this year- correct me if I'm wrong: Qatar, TAM, Turkish airlines, Air China, and maybe Eqyptair? Once again, thanks for that information. Look foreward to seeing more airlines in toronto in the future!!
YYZplanner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 11:08 PM   #796
YYZplanner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 94
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrekker View Post
I don't know about Emirates, but Etihad is to fly their A380 to Toronto. This is what I was told when I had an interview with them back in 2005. Until then, expect their 777's in T.O. The 777 is what they're replacing the A340-600 with that they fly to Toronto with. =(
I though Emirates was the only carrier in the UAE which had the A380 airbus. Etihad will be flying in theirs if they get it? When?
YYZplanner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #797
lvan
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: YYZ/FCO
Posts: 216
Likes (Received): 1

^YYZ , AC got 10-11 B777s by now.(20 ordered) Most of them deployed on Australian/Asian routes. Smart move IMO! B777 is meant to carry the same amount of pax as A340 , but it burns less fuel. If you have many 777s in the fleet, that can create some revenue while saving on the fuel costs.

Here you go, C- FNND @ SYD

lvan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 08:03 PM   #798
yyzhyd
Registered User
 
yyzhyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 646
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZplanner View Post
Thank- You YYZer, but yyzhyd, I'm hoping you can tell me where you got that information from, and does anyone know about Malaysian airlines coming to Toronto. I was just checking out the city of Kuala Lumpur, and its amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be great if there were direct flight to there. Does Air Canada have any routes there?
Thanks yyzer for the clarifying... airline lingo is like a second language for me.

Obviously I can't really put details about my sources out on a public forum.
However, I have some key sources in the aviation industry and the CTA.

Emirates will fly A380 IF current bilateral is not updated to allow them daily (or more) flights. Based on current negotiations it's a strong possibility that you will see the EK A380 at YYZ sooner rather than later.

No chance of Malaysian Airlines coming to Toronto.

GTAA is currently served by 45 mainline carriers and 14 affiliates (i.e. AC Jazz, Delta Connection etc.).
If you think that's low compare that with Houston, Dallas, Atlanta.

Air Canada currently has 16 B777s in their fleet and 2 still on order

6 B777-200LRs
fin# Reg
701 C-FIUA
702 C-FIUF
703 C-FIUJ
704 C-FIVK
705 C-FNND
706 C-FNNH

10 B777-300ERs
fin# Reg
731 C-FITL
732 C-FITU
733 C-FITW
734 C-FIUL
735 C-FIUR
736 C-FIUV
737 C-FIUW
738 C-FIVM
739 C-FRAM
740 C-FIVQ

2 B777-300ERs (on order)
fin# Reg
741 C-FIVR (Jan 2009)
742 ??? (Apr 2009)
yyzhyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:36 PM   #799
YYZplanner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 94
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzhyd View Post
Thanks yyzer for the clarifying... airline lingo is like a second language for me.

Obviously I can't really put details about my sources out on a public forum.
However, I have some key sources in the aviation industry and the CTA.

Emirates will fly A380 IF current bilateral is not updated to allow them daily (or more) flights. Based on current negotiations it's a strong possibility that you will see the EK A380 at YYZ sooner rather than later.

No chance of Malaysian Airlines coming to Toronto.

GTAA is currently served by 45 mainline carriers and 14 affiliates (i.e. AC Jazz, Delta Connection etc.).
If you think that's low compare that with Houston, Dallas, Atlanta.

Air Canada currently has 16 B777s in their fleet and 2 still on order

6 B777-200LRs
fin# Reg
701 C-FIUA
702 C-FIUF
703 C-FIUJ
704 C-FIVK
705 C-FNND
706 C-FNNH

10 B777-300ERs
fin# Reg
731 C-FITL
732 C-FITU
733 C-FITW
734 C-FIUL
735 C-FIUR
736 C-FIUV
737 C-FIUW
738 C-FIVM
739 C-FRAM
740 C-FIVQ

2 B777-300ERs (on order)
fin# Reg
741 C-FIVR (Jan 2009)
742 ??? (Apr 2009)
Thanks guys for that helpful information. Can you tell me one thing. What are the differences between B777-300 and 777-200? Whats the difference between all the boeing's basically besides capacity? And when Air Canada gets in their 787's, are we to see more destinations by AC in asia/ middle east in tghe next 4 years?
YYZplanner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:50 PM   #800
lvan
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: YYZ/FCO
Posts: 216
Likes (Received): 1

That is the fantastic point. It will come to the number of flights that will play the role in the favour of A380. Thanks for the B777 list.



Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzhyd View Post
Emirates will fly A380 IF current bilateral is not updated to allow them daily (or more) flights. Based on current negotiations it's a strong possibility that you will see the EK A380 at YYZ sooner rather than later.
(Apr 2009)
lvan no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium