daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 9th, 2009, 04:41 PM   #1061
yyzhyd

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
I was just reading on airliners forum that AC will get some second hand 763 for ATH/BCN. They will not come with those flat bed seats as I posted. I guess this is due to Leisure market. That means it will be the same product as Air Transat offer. I don't think AC will do any good here. A330 TS is more desireable plane. The only downside is that AC may have the adventage of having 2+3+2 seating , whereas TS got 3+3+3, that's if I am not mistaken. My prediction is that Canada and Greece will not have dirrect links in the near future, but summer seasons charters.
AC will be using their existing leased 763s (eight door euro-style models) not acquiring additional frames. These have not been XM'ed and will be configured in all-economy setup. C-GPHD, C-GHPH, and C-GHPF

Last edited by yyzhyd; September 9th, 2009 at 09:46 PM. Reason: changed "four door" to "eight door"
yyzhyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2009, 05:00 PM   #1062
yyzhyd

Air India upgrades YYZ to 77W for Winter 09

Air India is making more changes to their Toronto flight.
The routing will change ATQ-LHR-YYZ to a mix of:
ATQ-LHR-YYZ & DEL-LHR-YYZ

AI187
Depart Amritsar or Delhi (ATQ/DEL) 6:30PM
Arrive Toronto (YYZ) 9:15PM

AI188
Depart Toronto (YYZ) 6:45AM
Arrive Amritsar or Delhi (ATQ/ DEL) 6:30PM

Frequency: ATQ (Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat) DEL (Tue, Fri, Sun)
1 stop via London (LHR)
All flights operated by Boeing B777-300ER

This is happening now because the lease has expired on the ex-UA 777-200s and they are being returned.

Last edited by yyzhyd; September 9th, 2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Added reason for equipment change
Old September 10th, 2009, 02:13 AM   #1063
Rohne
Schwarzkutte

Likes (Received): 361

Didn't they want to change the routing from ATQ-LHR-YYZ to ATQ-FRA-YYZ, so it can expand AI's hub in FRA? This flight already is in FRA's waitinglist.
Rohne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2009, 11:25 AM   #1064
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzhyd View Post
AC will be using their existing leased 763s (eight door euro-style models) not acquiring additional frames. These have not been XM'ed and will be configured in all-economy setup. C-GPHD, C-GHPH, and C-GHPF

I see. I am curious to see the price tags. I remember OA used to charge around $1700 in summer days for the return. TS was like 3-5 bills less. I bet AC will charge enough that you can fly TS 330 in their CLUB upgrade.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2009, 01:57 AM   #1065
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

BTW, What is XM 767? That term always comes up in A.net forums.
Old September 13th, 2009, 02:15 AM   #1066
yyzhyd

"XM" = EXtreme Makeover; which is how Air Canada referred to the program to retrofit their aircraft cabins with new seats and IFE systems
Old September 13th, 2009, 06:35 AM   #1067
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18157

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzhyd View Post
"XM" = EXtreme Makeover; which is how Air Canada referred to the program to retrofit their aircraft cabins with new seats and IFE systems
Like what they did to this old 767?

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2009, 07:38 PM   #1068
yyzhyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Like what they did to this old 767?

YUP!!
In fact the original plan was to upgrade the overhead bins to the B777 style but was nixed.

Last edited by yyzhyd; September 13th, 2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old September 15th, 2009, 08:07 PM   #1069
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

They got one of the most nicest 763. Better than many B763 that I flew on. The only CO764 can be an upgrade ...
Old September 15th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #1070
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18157

Yes - I was quite surprised how nice the very old jet became considering I flew the original version on the same route a few years back.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2009, 11:18 PM   #1071
yyzhyd

News...

APPLICATION by Cargoitalia - S.p.A. for a licence to operate a scheduled international service to transport cargo only between points in Italy and points in Canada. File No. M4212/C635-4
Link: http://www.cta-otc.gc.ca/decision-ru...28909&lang=eng

APPLICATION by Southwest Airlines Co. for a licence to operate a scheduled international service. File No. M4211/S596-3
Link: http://www.cta-otc.gc.ca/decision-ru...28889&lang=eng
Old September 16th, 2009, 11:33 PM   #1072
canuckbanana

Likes (Received): 0

Just came across this recently, pending Canadian approval of a license, COPA could be serving Toronto 3X weekly from Panama City.

From the Canadian Tranportation Agency website:

Quote:
Order No. 2009-A-457

September 4, 2009

APPLICATION by Compañia Panameña de Aviación, S.A. carrying on business as Copa Airlines for an exemption from section 59 of the Canada Transportation Act, S.C., 1996, c. 10, as amended.

File No. M4212/C636-4

Compañia Panameña de Aviación, S.A. carrying on business as Copa Airlines (applicant) has applied to the Canadian Transportation Agency (Agency) for an exemption to permit it to sell, cause to be sold or publicly offer for sale in Canada a scheduled international service between Panama and Canada, in the absence of a licence.

Section 59 of the Canada Transportation Act (CTA) states that no person shall sell, cause to be sold or publicly offer for sale in Canada an air service unless, if required under Part II of the CTA, the person holds a licence issued under this Part in respect of that service and that licence is not suspended. The applicant has applied for a scheduled international licence to operate a service on the route Panama City/Toronto/ Panama City limited to three flights per week. However, as the application is not yet complete, an exemption from the application of section 59 of the CTA is necessary to permit the applicant to sell, cause to be sold or publicly offer for sale in Canada the proposed air service prior to obtaining the requested licence.

The applicant states that it is in the process of obtaining a Canadian aviation document issued by Transport Canada. Consequently, the applicant submits that in order for the proposed service to be viable, it must be able to offer seats for sale at the earliest possible date.

The Agency has considered the application and finds that, in order for the proposed service to be viable, the applicant must be able to offer seats for sale at the earliest possible date. Therefore, the Agency concludes that compliance by the applicant with section 59 of the CTA is impractical in the present circumstances.

Accordingly, the Agency, pursuant to paragraph 80(1)(c) of the CTA, exempts the applicant from the application of section 59 of the CTA. The applicant may sell, cause to be sold or publicly offer for sale in Canada a scheduled international service on the route Panama City Toronto Panama City limited to three flights per week, effective from the date of this Order, without holding the required licence, subject to the following conditions:

1. All passengers shall be notified, before reservation, that the scheduled international service is subject to government approval. All future advertising in any media, whether in writing or by telecommunication, shall also include this information.

2. This exemption does not relieve the applicant from the requirement to hold a licence in respect of the service to be provided and, accordingly, no flights shall be operated until the appropriate licence authority has been granted.

3. Should the international scheduled licence not issue, the applicant shall arrange to provide alternative air transportation by an appropriately licensed air carrier, at no additional cost for all passengers who have made reservations with the applicant. If such arrangements are not possible or acceptable to the passenger, the applicant shall provide a full refund of all monies paid by the passenger.

This exemption does not exempt the applicant from the requirements of other legislative acts or regulations, including those of Transport Canada.
original link: http://www.cta-otc.gc.ca/decision-ru...28902&lang=eng
Old September 17th, 2009, 02:16 AM   #1073
yyzer

Likes (Received): 45

Cargoitalia are supposed to have their first flight to YYZ this Sunday - Sept 20th....arrival is early, 0635, and the departure will be 0905....they will operate 2 x''s weekly, Sundays and Thursdays, with MD11 equipment...flights will operate Milan-JFK-YYZ-Milan...

Plans for COPA are in the works, but they want permission to arrive after midnight, and depart before 0700 - both outside of curfew....not sure what will happen, whether the GTAA will give in, other whether COPA will compromise.....

Last edited by yyzer; September 17th, 2009 at 04:32 PM.
yyzer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 10:07 PM   #1074
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

I am going for a meeting on Friday at 1pm right at Dixie and 401. I am gonna bring my cam recorder to snatch a few videos. I hope I can finish asap so I can spot A380EK because I think they land around 2-30pm..
I will CHECK on GTAA to see how is in the town.
Old September 18th, 2009, 12:25 AM   #1075
canuckbanana

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
Plans for COPA are in the works, but they want permission to arrive after midnight, and depart before 0700 - both outside of curfew....not sure what will happen, whether the GTAA will give in, other whether COPA will compromise.....
Aren't there a number of flights that already arrive past midnight and depart before 7am? I thought the first flight out in morning left at 6?

However, I assume your main point was that COPA wants to arrive and depart outside of curfew, in which case I apologize for being pedantic and hope that COPA and the GTAA can work things out.
Old September 18th, 2009, 03:40 AM   #1076
yyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckbanana View Post
Aren't there a number of flights that already arrive past midnight and depart before 7am? I thought the first flight out in morning left at 6?

However, I assume your main point was that COPA wants to arrive and depart outside of curfew, in which case I apologize for being pedantic and hope that COPA and the GTAA can work things out.
Yeah, there are a whole lot of flights which arrive and depart during 'curfew' hours - but these are mostly freighters...the hours for passenger flights may have been relaxed slightly, not sure as I am not out there any more, but I know the GTAA does not want to set a precedent with COPA - at least, this is what I was told.....COPA had asked for a brutal departure time of something like 0430....wouldn't be too pleasant for passengers either..

I think you will see COPA here very soon, no matter what the hours are agreed upon....
Old September 18th, 2009, 06:19 PM   #1077
yyzhyd

AM puts B777 on YYZ Route

Amadeus is showing Aeromexico having B777 service to YYZ on Wednesdays this winter

AM630
Depart Mexico City (MEX) 5:30PM
Arrive Toronto (YYZ) 10:55PM

AM631
Depart Toronto (YYZ) 9:00AM
Arrive Mexico City (MEX) 13:00PM

Frequency: Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
All flights operated by Boeing B737-700 (Wednesday flight operated by Boeing B777-200ER)
Old September 18th, 2009, 06:43 PM   #1078
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

AC ones are one of the best 767s around
Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2009, 12:43 AM   #1079
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Aww sorry guys , I just gto back. On Monday going again so I may get some vids.
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:05 AM   #1080
yyzer

Cargoitalia operated their first scheduled MD11 freighter service into YYZ today...actually, today was a pretty good a day spotters - there was also a Japan Airlines 747-400 charter, and an El Al 747 cargo charter....

/always something happening out at YYZ....

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto