daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 30th, 2009, 10:41 AM   #1081
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Stored at ATH

YU-AMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2009, 10:44 AM   #1082
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

That is an other airline that left us for good. Sep 28 was the last run for them.

JAT and OA super power of the Balkans. I miss them.
Old October 13th, 2009, 05:11 AM   #1083
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

A

Boarding EK A380 in Toronto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEc8y5b1KHI
Old October 23rd, 2009, 10:40 AM   #1084
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

I was in the area a few weeks ago and took a picture with my Nokia E71 mobile phone. AC B777/77L off to some Pacific destination. Could PEK/HKG or Australian destination.

Old October 26th, 2009, 03:35 AM   #1085
Minna

Likes (Received): 5

So big is this news:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...OLfICorpO18DPQ
Minna no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #1086
yyzer

Likes (Received): 45

Strong rumours that EVA Air of Taiwan will commence 3 x's weekly passenger flights TPE-YYZ at the end of March....equipment type will be 777-300ER, and they will operate out of Terminal 1...
yyzer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2009, 04:34 AM   #1087
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Even stronger rumours (in fact I believe confirmed almost) that Egyptair is starting CAI-YYZ in 2010. They've dropped YUL already. I haven't confirmed the source but it's 99% certain.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 03:17 AM   #1088
yyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
Even stronger rumours (in fact I believe confirmed almost) that Egyptair is starting CAI-YYZ in 2010. They've dropped YUL already. I haven't confirmed the source but it's 99% certain.
Thanks ACT7....this one is long overdue....there will have to be a new bilateral air agreement between Canada and Egypt for this to happen, of course....I hope we will hear of this soon...

I guess your industry source is pretty reliable?
Old December 16th, 2009, 06:24 AM   #1089
ACT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
Thanks ACT7....this one is long overdue....there will have to be a new bilateral air agreement between Canada and Egypt for this to happen, of course....I hope we will hear of this soon...

I guess your industry source is pretty reliable?
Quite reliable (a source within Egypt), although there hasn't been a confirmed start date. My guess is by the summer for the peak season.
Old December 16th, 2009, 04:02 PM   #1090
yyzer

Thx ACT7, it will be great to see MS (at last!) at YYZ....

In other news, Cathay Pacific are increasing their YYZ flights from daily nonstop to 10 x's weekly nonstop, effective end of March, 2010. On Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays, there will be 2 flights.....
Old December 16th, 2009, 04:19 PM   #1091
GlasgowMan
AirGlasgow.com

Likes (Received): 88

Air Transat increase flights betweem Glasgow and Toronto
02 December 2009

Air Transat, one of Canada's largest airline, has announced it will increase the number of flights it operates between Glasgow and Toronto.

The airline is adding an additional two nonstop flights per week to Toronto from May 2010. The extra flights will increase capacity between Glasgow and Toronto by 7,000 seats.

Flights from Glasgow to Toronto will operate daily, with two flights operating every Thursday. The airline will code-share on all flights with Thomas Cook Airlines. Thomas Cook Airlines will operate five flight per week, while Air Transat will operate the three remaining flights.

Air Transat will also operate weekly flights direct from Glasgow to Calgary to Vancouver. The airline will offer over 51,000 seats between Glasgow and Canada next summer.

An Air Transat spokeswoman said: “We have always been a loyal and consistent operator offering the lowest cost flights, so we are thrilled to announce this additional capacity.

"At a time when many other operators and airlines are cutting back, we are certain that this investment will be welcomed with open arms.”

Flights from Glasgow to Canada can be booked online now from just £320 return, inclucing taxes, via the official Air Transat, Canadian Affair and Thomas Cook websites.

As your Scottish airport to the world, you can fly direct from Glasgow to 120 worldwide destinations, more than any other Scottish Airport. As well as listing all flights and destinations on offer from Glasgow's Airports, you can also view all the latest news and see a full list of all new routes on offer from Glasgow. You can also view our tourist guide to Glasgow, Scotland's largest city.
GlasgowMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:14 PM   #1092
Toronto_41

Likes (Received): 65

Glad to see that there are new entrants for the Airport. We should also note the departures. US Airways has pulled their daily Phoenix as well as the Las Vegas flights. No more CSA or Malev, along with the Air Ukraine (I think that was the one). However, United has added an additional Denver flight. There should be some interesting times ahead for the GTAA.

If (or when) Egyptair adds their flights, why would that be? I know that Pearson is a big hub especially for the Star Alliance but why were they not able to make Trudeau (YUL) work? I thought that there was a much larger presence of Egyptians in Montreal vs Toronto? Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Toronto_41 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:43 PM   #1093
ACT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto_41 View Post
Glad to see that there are new entrants for the Airport. We should also note the departures. US Airways has pulled their daily Phoenix as well as the Las Vegas flights. No more CSA or Malev, along with the Air Ukraine (I think that was the one). However, United has added an additional Denver flight. There should be some interesting times ahead for the GTAA.

If (or when) Egyptair adds their flights, why would that be? I know that Pearson is a big hub especially for the Star Alliance but why were they not able to make Trudeau (YUL) work? I thought that there was a much larger presence of Egyptians in Montreal vs Toronto? Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Actually, Toronto has a larger Egyptian population than Montreal (contrary to what everyone thinks - approx. 25,000 in GTA vs. 17,000 in Greater Montreal), so it makes more sense for MS to fly to YYZ than YUL. Plus there is likely greater business between Cairo and Toronto, as well as greater through traffic on both ends.
Just as a side note, I believe Aerosvit is now seasonal between Kiev and Toronto, not completely cancelled.
Old December 16th, 2009, 10:40 PM   #1094
Toronto_41

Likes (Received): 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
Actually, Toronto has a larger Egyptian population than Montreal (contrary to what everyone thinks - approx. 25,000 in GTA vs. 17,000 in Greater Montreal), so it makes more sense for MS to fly to YYZ than YUL. Plus there is likely greater business between Cairo and Toronto, as well as greater through traffic on both ends.
Just as a side note, I believe Aerosvit is now seasonal between Kiev and Toronto, not completely cancelled.
Thanks very much for the info. I was sitting here racking my brain but could not come up with Aerosivit. When I looked at this airlineroute.net (http://airlineroute.net/2009/10/16/a...g-haul-routes/) it stated that the route was dropped as of October 25, 2009 along with Delhi and Shanghai. It lead me to the impression that the route is dropped.

Asia, here I come!!!
J.
Toronto_41 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:26 AM   #1095
yyzer

from aviationweek.com, their daily update for Dec 14...

EgyptAir To Add Toronto Nonstop To North American Network

Aviation Daily Dec 14 , 2009 , p. 11
Darren Shannon

EgyptAir is planning to launch a year-round nonstop service from its Cairo hub to Toronto in October 2010, a move that will put the airline in competition with Dubai’s Emirates. The carrier, which will also retain its current seasonal schedule to Montreal, is also hoping that bilateral air transport negotiations between Canada and Egypt will produce an Open-Skies accord before the launch. Informal talks have already started, and should progress to formal negotiations by March, according to EgyptAir.

Such a bilateral agreement would give the airline leverage against Emirates, which is limited under a current bilateral to three weekly flights into Toronto.

EgyptAir will serve the Toronto route with two-class configured Airbus A330-300s, a fleet type that will be introduced in August.
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:13 AM   #1096
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18204

I thought the competition was really European carriers. London flights are so cheap and from London to Cairo isn't an excessively long flight.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 02:01 AM   #1097
YYZplanner

Likes (Received): 0

Hey Everyone!!

It's good to hear about the great news. Just a few points:

- Doesn't Egypt air already serve montreal? Is it going to be pulling out?
- How many flights a week is Egypt air going to be serving toronto?
- With Egypt air coming, does this give a more of a chance to Qatar airways now comming to toronto?
YYZplanner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 02:02 AM   #1098
YYZplanner

Recently in the News:

- Boeing introduces its 787's.

Is Air Canada going to be getting their shipments on those aircrafts soon?
Old December 18th, 2009, 02:05 AM   #1099
YYZplanner

A few days ago, there were talks of british airways going on strike. Thats not going to happen anymore now. But, if we keep in mind other british carriers like BMI or Virgin Atlantic, can they take advantage of the problems that are happening right now inside British Airways? ALso, I think this would give a chance for these carriers like Virgin Atlantic to add to toronto- something which they were planing for in 2010.
Old December 18th, 2009, 02:09 AM   #1100
YYZplanner

Here is some other news,

Toronto Pearson Today
WestJet Adds New Routes and Expands Service
Date of Release: 2009/12/16

Passengers planning to head south will have some new options in 2010.

WestJet has announced its flight schedule for the summer of 2010 which includes new and expanded routes for transborder and international destinations.

Passengers at Pearson will be pleased to see the new non-stop service between Toronto and Puerto Vallarta. In addition, seasonal routes that will become year-round service include Toronto to Atlantic City, Miami, Puerto Plata, Bridgetown, Cayo Coco, Varadero, Turks and Caicos, St. Maarten, St. Lucia and Cancun.

“We very pleased to see these new and expanded routes for our passengers in Toronto,” said Lloyd McCoomb, President and CEO of the GTAA. “It’s great to see WestJet responding to passengers and giving them more opportunities to visit their favourite destinations.”

Across the country, WestJet is adding five new routes and expanding service on 19 transborder and international destinations. For more information on WestJet please visit www.westjet.com.

News Home

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto