daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 30th, 2009, 02:44 AM   #1141
Doboj23

Likes (Received): 0

Hey guys, do you know which aircraft is gonna be used on the Air Canada route Toronto-Copenhagen that is being relaunched in June 25?

Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2009, 03:33 AM   #1142
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18198

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
I also wonder how reliable is it to have a connecting flight with LC airline?
IMHO I have been in situation where the connecting inbound Toronto was late one hour. The segment where I get on ATH to YYZ , that airplane was delayed so we could catch it. That is because they dont want to waste $ to put on in a hotel or buy us a new ticket. In this case I doubt if LC has any responsibility if you miss the flight.
It's the passenger's responsibility to make sure he/she arrives at the gate on time, or at the other airport if it means switching between Heathrow and Luton / Stansted. Usually I'd land in London one day and fly out the next, especially since the savings could be quite significant. At the end of the day, price can really swing people's preferences.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 07:02 PM   #1143
yyzhyd

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doboj23 View Post
Hey guys, do you know which aircraft is gonna be used on the Air Canada route Toronto-Copenhagen that is being relaunched in June 25?
AC882
Depart Toronto (YYZ) 5:15PM
Arrive Copenhagen (CPH) 6:55AM +1

AC883
Depart Copenhagen (CPH) 12:20PM
Arrive Toronto (YYZ) 2:50PM

Frequency: Daily
All flights operated by Boeing B767-300ER
yyzhyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 08:11 PM   #1144
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
It's the passenger's responsibility to make sure he/she arrives at the gate on time, or at the other airport if it means switching between Heathrow and Luton / Stansted. Usually I'd land in London one day and fly out the next, especially since the savings could be quite significant. At the end of the day, price can really swing people's preferences.
That is abvious. EJ wont pay if you miss TS/AC connection.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 12:27 AM   #1145
Doboj23

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzhyd View Post
AC882
Depart Toronto (YYZ) 5:15PM
Arrive Copenhagen (CPH) 6:55AM +1

AC883
Depart Copenhagen (CPH) 12:20PM
Arrive Toronto (YYZ) 2:50PM

Frequency: Daily
All flights operated by Boeing B767-300ER
Thanks m8! Wish them better luck this time.
Old December 31st, 2009, 03:19 AM   #1146
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18198

Quote:
That is abvious. EJ wont pay if you miss TS/AC connection.
Or even the traditional carriers, I don't think they need to be so nice. For example, if I take AC to Heathrow and transfer to BA out of Gatwick, since they're not in the same alliance, I have my doubts over whether BA will be so nice to me for missing my flight.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 12:37 PM   #1147
xelos

Likes (Received): 20

Last edited by xelos; December 31st, 2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: tripple7
xelos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 05:03 PM   #1148
yyzhyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelos View Post
Strange, they use the same flightnumbers as flights from Montreal to Brussels.

AC833 Brussels, Brussels National (BRU) Montreal, Trudeau (YUL) Sat Jul-10 10:45 12:25 7hr40 B763-300ER
AC832 Montreal, Trudeau (YUL) Brussels, Brussels National (BRU) Sat Jul-24 19:45 08:35 +1 day 6hr50 B763-300ER
actually they don't...

YUL-BRU is 832/833
YYZ-CPH is 882/883
Old December 31st, 2009, 06:17 PM   #1149
xelos

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzhyd View Post
actually they don't...

YUL-BRU is 832/833
YYZ-CPH is 882/883
You are right, I guess I need some glasses!

Last edited by xelos; December 31st, 2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: A380-800
xelos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 06:43 PM   #1150
egypt69

Likes (Received): 1518

I was on the 401 (or was it 407?) yesterday, the section which is really close to a YYZ runway, and I saw an Emirates A380 landing, soo beautiful
Old December 31st, 2009, 10:09 PM   #1151
globetrekker

Quote:
Originally Posted by egypt69 View Post
I was on the 401 (or was it 407?) yesterday, the section which is really close to a YYZ runway, and I saw an Emirates A380 landing, soo beautiful
Lucky. I'm looking forward to see them. I can't wait for Etihad to fly their A380 to Toronto.
globetrekker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 11:27 PM   #1152
Filip
Torontonian 4ever

Likes (Received): 435

Any news on the Egyptair? No announcements have been made yet.
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 08:35 AM   #1153
egypt69

I know, im starting to doubt the info posted on the previous pages.

This would be a huge move, and neither EgyptAir or any other website or airline news portal has reported this :S
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:47 AM   #1154
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doboj23 View Post

That is moreover a seasonal route. AC's B767-3XM is more than a decent plane for that route. Also many nerds on airliners think thAT AC has the best 767. Flat bed seat in the front and what not. PTV in coach and so on.
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:55 AM   #1155
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
I know, im starting to doubt the info posted on the previous pages.

This would be a huge move, and neither EgyptAir or any other website or airline news portal has reported this :S
Yeah, I also took a look at fares for your homeland for the early summer 2010, AF offers deals as low as $1300 inc tax. Just to get some idea.
Old January 1st, 2010, 04:14 PM   #1156
yyzer

Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
I know, im starting to doubt the info posted on the previous pages
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
from aviationweek.com, their daily update for Dec 14...

EgyptAir To Add Toronto Nonstop To North American Network

Aviation Daily Dec 14 , 2009 , p. 11
Darren Shannon

EgyptAir is planning to launch a year-round nonstop service from its Cairo hub to Toronto in October 2010, a move that will put the airline in competition with Dubai’s Emirates. The carrier, which will also retain its current seasonal schedule to Montreal, is also hoping that bilateral air transport negotiations between Canada and Egypt will produce an Open-Skies accord before the launch. Informal talks have already started, and should progress to formal negotiations by March, according to EgyptAir.

Such a bilateral agreement would give the airline leverage against Emirates, which is limited under a current bilateral to three weekly flights into Toronto.

EgyptAir will serve the Toronto route with two-class configured Airbus A330-300s, a fleet type that will be introduced in August.
Well, guys, if you carefully read the news release that I posted, you will see that until bilateral discussions are finalized, in March, nothing can be announced...until the current bilateral is updated, which has restricted them to Montreal for the last 25 years, nothing will happen....for MS to make a press release the way they did, the initial talks must have been been positive, but in international aviation, everything is tightly regulated, and nothing happens until the paperwork is taken care of.....so we will have to wait for March, at the earliest...it could be June before we know for sure...
yyzer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:37 AM   #1157
egypt69

True that, sorry didnt really notice, we'll have to wait till March I guess.

Quote:
Yeah, I also took a look at fares for your homeland for the early summer 2010, AF offers deals as low as $1300 inc tax. Just to get some idea.
Well EgyptAir starts in October, if it does start, so thats not an option if you're travelling this summer.

Im travelling the same route this summer, im probably gonna go for Air Canada to LHR, and then EgyptAir or BMI to Cairo. Or Im just gonna take Lufthansa to Frankfurt, and same to Cairo. Or maybe even Austrian, or Swiss.

I need to fly Star Alliance for my miles, so it all depends who will give me the cheaper fare.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:34 AM   #1158
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Sounds good. I wish AC placed their B767XM onto some routes to my homeland. It would be nice experience for sure. I am sure it would never happen. The loads in the front cabin would be super low. Even the coach class would be a gamble I think. Many from the Balkans are very stingy. They would switch over even for a 50 bucks cheaper airfare. Even if that includes waiting 2-3 hours for a connection, risking to get your luggage lost. It would be suspended in matter of months heh. I can picture it. This is what happen with Delta upon setting up Bucharest expansion. IMHO crazy just to picture that Athens has no nonstop service all year around. So the whole Balkans.

Quote:
True that, sorry didnt really notice, we'll have to wait till March I guess.

Well EgyptAir starts in October, if it does start, so thats not an option if you're travelling this summer.

Im travelling the same route this summer, im probably gonna go for Air Canada to LHR, and then EgyptAir or BMI to Cairo. Or Im just gonna take Lufthansa to Frankfurt, and same to Cairo. Or maybe even Austrian, or Swiss.

I need to fly Star Alliance for my miles, so it all depends who will give me the cheaper fare.
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #1159
yyzer

Likes (Received): 45

EVA Air press release....

Flights begin March 29, 2010
EVA to start passenger service, Taipei - Toronto

Monday, January 04, 2010

EVA Air will start direct passenger flights between Taipei, Taiwan and Toronto, Canada on Monday, March 29, 2010. For countless residents of Toronto and Eastern Canada who fly back and forth to Asia for family, business and leisure, the new service will shave hours off of travel time and make trip planning significantly more convenient. EVA is introducing the service with three flights a week.

EVA flight BR36 will depart Taoyuan International Airport at 18:45 (6:45 pm) on Monday, Thursday and Saturday and arrive at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport at 20:55 (8:55 pm) the same day. Return flight BR35 will leave Toronto later that night at 23:40 (11:40 pm) and land in Taoyuan at 05:45 (5:45 am) on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. Asia-bound flights will make a brief fuel stop in Anchorage, AK. Approximate flight time from Taoyuan to Toronto is 14 hours and 10 minutes, Toronto to Anchorage, six hours and 30 minutes, and Anchorage to Taipei, 10 hours and 10 minutes. The airline is serving the route with one of its new, technically advanced Boeing 777-300ERs.

Canada has proven to be an inviting market for EVA. The airline launched flights to Vancouver in June 1999 and serves that route with its own flights and a code-sharing alliance with Air Canada. Addition of the Toronto gateway will give EVA passengers the convenience of six flights a week from two of Canada’s major metropolitan regions and the option of departing from one city and returning to the other. Toronto’s status as a global city and financial powerhouse make it a strong addition to EVA’s well-developed network, connecting through Taipei to leading business and leisure destinations throughout Asia and worldwide.

On EVA's far-reaching system, passengers from the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) will be able to fly to Taipei and make easy, same-day onward connections to Manila, Phnom Penh, Saigon, Bangkok and 16 destinations in China. Travelers headed to North America will find Taipei to be a welcoming hub for flights to Toronto where they can continue on to Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec and Halifax in minimal transit time.

In addition to competitive fares and service options that appeal to a broad range of business travelers, EVA is also working with travel agents to create tour packages that complement current products offered in Canada and America. The new packages will be designed so that passengers can enjoy Ontario’s beauty and majesty as well as the global sophistication of its international cities.
yyzer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #1160
yyzhyd

Thanks for the update yyzer... the tech stop on the westbound is very interesting though.

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto