daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 4th, 2011, 06:16 AM   #1941
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

I want to know a bit about Israel-Canada market... YYZ-TLV on AC metal, is it political route or not? I find it strange because how is it that AC can not make YYZ-FCO / YYZ-ATH work all year around? Is that really the scenerio that AC can't pick up some bigger markets besides TLV? Than again, I could be wrong because AC could be going against El AL. Maybe it is just that AC service is more superior to El Al since I noticed El Al using B767-200. Why would they bring a 762 to YYZ? They have been serving YYZ for some time.... Any clue?
YU-AMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #1942
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Anyone know why there are more flights than usual cancelled today at Pearson? AC seems to have cancelled flights from Paris, Geneva, SFO, YVR. Higher cancellations than normal for sure...
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:19 AM   #1943
urbanfan89

Likes (Received): 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
I want to know a bit about Israel-Canada market... YYZ-TLV on AC metal, is it political route or not? I find it strange because how is it that AC can not make YYZ-FCO / YYZ-ATH work all year around? Is that really the scenerio that AC can't pick up some bigger markets besides TLV? Than again, I could be wrong because AC could be going against El AL. Maybe it is just that AC service is more superior to El Al since I noticed El Al using B767-200. Why would they bring a 762 to YYZ? They have been serving YYZ for some time.... Any clue?
Perhaps there are simply more higher yield businesspeople who travel between Canada and Israel year round, whereas the traffic to Rome and Athens are more predominately lower yield tourists and immigrants.
urbanfan89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #1944
Toronto_41

Likes (Received): 65

According to airlineroute.net, DUS is going year round with 3 flights a year.

Link:
http://airlineroute.net/2011/04/28/lh-dus-w11/

On a side note, according to the CTA, Air Tahiti Nui was approved for charter service to Canada. Funny enough, one day after the posting on the CTA site they arrived in YHZ.

Asia, here I come!!!
J.
Toronto_41 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #1945
Tricky

Likes (Received): 150

sorry guys, but apart from aircraft talk and photos, are there actually any pics and updates of the airport itself?
Old April 28th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #1946
nitzomoe
Scarebarian

Likes (Received): 1

the T1 construction was completed years ago for the hammerhead and pier D and E, expansion of T3 was completed at the same time. There isn't any construction planned for the next couple of years so there's no "update" to take pictures of.

you could always get all your peeps from Berlin/Melbourne and Sydney out to Toronto every year, boost passenger levels and next thing you know, pier G and H here we come!
nitzomoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #1947
Tricky

Likes (Received): 150

well, I'd be happy already if I could see those pics from 3 years ago ... can anyone point me to the right direction (page number) please? Thank you.
Old April 30th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #1948
sanjug
BANNED

thanks for nice pics
sanjug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 06:23 AM   #1949
ACT7

Passing through Pearson today on the domestic end, it looks like a new i-store is opening soon.

Anyone have any news on a start-up for Ethiopian Airlines? I had originally heard that a summer start up was the plan.
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #1950
yyzspotting

Likes (Received): 0

Air Transat New Logo

Air Transat has a new livery :'(.. saw it on airliners.net .... its totally different and really bland.. Its something we all got to get used to.

Forum link:
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5143667/
yyzspotting no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 05:09 AM   #1951
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18204

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzspotting View Post
Air Transat has a new livery :'(.. saw it on airliners.net .... its totally different and really bland.. Its something we all got to get used to.

Forum link:
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5143667/
The tail is nice and refreshing though!

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #1952
Filip
Torontonian 4ever

Likes (Received): 435

I hope we start hearing musings about Pier G... I miss the construction mess that was Pearson 1999-2007...

I also noticed Icelandair now operates from T3 instead of T1.
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 12:37 AM   #1953
p5archit

I have seen some RFPs floating around at times in the office - with GTAA logos etc. on it.

I am not sure, but it seems that some things are slowly in the works. Now what exactly these RFPs are referring to is another guess (I didn't read them). I have heard that there has been a proposal for some business development area - and there is another runway in the works.

When I see or hear more info I will post it!

p5
Old May 19th, 2011, 04:31 AM   #1954
nitzomoe
Scarebarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
well, I'd be happy already if I could see those pics from 3 years ago ... can anyone point me to the right direction (page number) please? Thank you.
LINK
nitzomoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:53 AM   #1955
Toronto_41

Likes (Received): 65

Just speculating but how much longer till Sri Lankan arrives in YYZ? Why? Because AC was granted a license to fly there via code share. Here is the link from the CTA. Is this new or did I miss this before. Maybe negotiations are done and need to be signed off. Anyone have some news?

Decision No. 192-A-2011

May 20, 2011

APPLICATION by Air Canada pursuant to subsection 78(2) of the Canada Transportation Act, S.C., 1996, c. 10, as amended.

File No. M4210/A74-4-100

Air Canada has applied to the Canadian Transportation Agency (Agency) for a temporary licence to operate, through code sharing, an international air service on a scheduled basis, using large aircraft, between Canada and Sri Lanka.

The Minister of Transport has designated Air Canada as eligible to operate the applied for service.

The authority requested by Air Canada is extra-bilateral because there is no agreement or arrangement between Canada and Sri Lanka in force, which provides for the operation by a Canadian air carrier of a scheduled international air service between Canada and Sri Lanka.

Pursuant to subsection 78(2) of the Canada Transportation Act (CTA), the Agency may issue a licence, on a temporary basis, for international air services that are not permitted in an agreement, a convention or an arrangement relating to civil aviation to which Canada is a party.

Prior to operating an international air service, Air Canada must, in addition to holding a licence, hold a valid Canadian aviation document and have the prescribed liability insurance coverage. The Agency has considered the material on file and is satisfied that Air Canada meets those requirements.

Accordingly, the Agency, pursuant to subsection 78(2) of the CTA, will issue to Air Canada a temporary licence to operate, through code sharing, an international air service on a scheduled basis, using large aircraft, between Canada and Sri Lanka.

Concerning the duration of the subject authority, the Agency considers it appropriate to grant it until May 20, 2012.

The licence to be issued pursuant to this Decision shall be subject to the conditions prescribed by the Air Transportation Regulations, SOR/88-58, as amended, and to the following conditions:

The Licensee is authorized to operate, through code sharing, an international air service on a scheduled basis, using large aircraft, between Canada and Sri Lanka.
This licence shall terminate on May 20, 2012.

Any similar requests for a subsequent authority shall be submitted to the Agency for approval one month prior to the expiry of the licence.
Members

Raymon J. Kaduck
J. Mark MacKeigan

Asia, here I come!!!
J.
Toronto_41 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:27 AM   #1956
ACT7

They may code-share on the Sri-Lankan equipment - although this flight would be via LGW I'm not sure how that would work exactly.
Old May 26th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #1957
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

I have a question for AC YYZ-FCO flight. Do they use XM 767 or non-refurbished ones? Could it be XM one? I guess ATH is operated with non XM for sure?
Old May 26th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #1958
ACT7

YYZ-FCO is an XM 767. ATH is not.
Old May 27th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #1959
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Fantastic! Now where can I get a sneak peek how those non XM 767s look like inside? I am just curious to see the front cabin and coach as well. Thanks again.
Old May 28th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #1960
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Never mind, got it.

Tags
canada, canadian airports, northamerica airport hubs, toronto